sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 209 users online including...
DanielBrupt , Seoleazy , DuckyLinJi , Weasley174 , deanneza16 , Richardgep

9 members
200 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 51: January - April 2019


Term 51: January - April 2019 Term Fifty-One: Don't Feed the Furries (Sept 2097 - June 2098)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 01-05-2019, 08:38 AM
DaniDiNardo DaniDiNardo is offline
 
Default DADA Lesson - 1 Don't Go Into the Light

It's the first official day of school and the first class at that. Hopefully you took Trent's advise and got yourself some sleep. As the notice stated, you should be properly attired for the practical lesson.

The corridor leading to classroom 104 is quite bright, and the grounds outside the windows appear to be awakening at this relatively early point in the morning. This is a stark contrast to the inside of the classroom. Once you enter, you'll immediately notice that it's no longer nearly 8 am. Indeed, the inside of the classroom depicts a slightly cloudy, night sky.

That's not the only thing strange about the classroom, the setting is void of any desks or chairs. Nothing about the room looks like a classroom, it doesn't look like a room at all but a bog of sorts. It's a dark "night" as the moon is currently being obscured by a cloud with no intention of going anywhere, but Headmaster Trent can be found not too far from the door, lantern in hand, while he waits for the students to come in.

Step lively, there's a full lesson ahead.

OOC: Welcome to the first lesson of the term everyone!! Don't forget to read the classroom rules before posting. I'll have the first question up in 24 hours

The lesson hasn't started yet


CLASS HAS BEGUN!


Class progression:
- Replies
- Replies and Question 1
- Question 2 + walking
- Start of Mini-Activity: Get in boats
- Mini-Activity: Follow the light
- Mini-Activity: You get a light and you get a light
- Main Acitivity: Practical
Old 01-09-2019, 05:17 AM   #176 (permalink)


DMLE
Kappa
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: The Multiverse
Posts: 13,056

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Persephone Smithfield
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Law Enforcement
x5
Default *Joins*
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Yes, well, that was why he had said IF he got close enough and...well...the implied meaning had been that there was visual confirmation that the lantern did in fact belong to the creature in question. Though he simply nodded in response to the headmaster rather than say anything further. Wasn't the point of the lesson, after all. Unless the man was meaning to imply that HE was the harbinger of good travels and everything. Which, well, the Hufflepuff was HOPING was true.

Once at the boats, Derf's brain shifted into helpful badger mode rather than concerning himself - maybe it was because he hadn't been able to get the first year boat assistance out of his system - and had been scampering back and forth helping his classmates here and there find their own boats while ENTIRELY neglecting to find himself one. And it was only at the last second that he remembered this, the intention of riding in one with Chloe, only to find her boat full riiiiiiiiight in that moment.

Well....fudge pops.

Ruffling his hair, Derf held his hand up in the air and waved it slightly. You know, to...er...try and help people see him better? "GOT ROOM FOR FOUR MORE PEOPLE HERE!" he called out, his right foot placed inside it to help hold it steady.
Daisy was looking for an available boat when she heard Derf's voice. She carefully boarded the boat as she noticed that Derf had just spotted Chloe in a seemingly fully occupied boat. "Sorry that you couldn't join Chloe, Derf," she said in a sympathetic voice.
__________________
Ginevra is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 07:06 AM   #177 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Privet Drive Mod



DMLE & DoM
Erkling
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,948

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aries Flamsteed
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5
Default Joining Derf's BOAT.
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

Memorising whatever the headmaster was saying - Zachary was following through, not answering and more listening because even though not underestimating the lesson itself (because hey, fireballs could be coming his way soon enough), he was a little disappointed that they were learning about these creatures.

Regardless, the tall sixth year was one of the last ones to reach the edge - so his only option was to follow the blonder than life head boy, and join his boat.

"thanks" he uttered as he stepped inside, noticing how Derf was holding the boat steady.
__________________

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Samia is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 09:42 AM   #178 (permalink)
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise
 
TeafortheSoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 24,394

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Antonia Emerson
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Environmental Protection

x12 x12
Default Four free spaces in this boat with Bel ^_^
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Bel could do boats. Not as cool as dirtbikes, surfboards, or broomsticks, but she could do boats. She went ahead and snagged one. A new one. Because she didn't think it was good for student leaders to all smush in together, better to spread out and have the younger kids spread out with the older ones, right? Not that... she would be much use if there was an emergency, not with spellwork anyway. First aid she could do though. And... pep talks. And generally just being... present? Yeah. Also if it got stuck in the bog, she'd not mind that much about jumping out and getting mucky in order to free it. So she had a few things to offer, she supposed, and she'd be pretty good at ducking fireballs, she was pretty sure.

"Anyone want to join me?"

Oh, and while she was waiting for anyone to join her, she addressed the professor's question back to her., hand going up. What if the hand holding option wasn't one?

"Professor, If I was by myself...... I'd pick a direction and stick with it. And ignore the lights. And eventually I'd be out of the bog just by walking in a straight line." That was how straight lines worked. And she was REALLY good at knowing her directions and pretty unerring when it came to figuring out a heading. Another useful skill she could offer, even while being rubbish at spells!
__________________



love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
TeafortheSoul is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 12:30 PM   #179 (permalink)


MO & DMLE
Crup
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 17,253

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Everyone set? It was time to get moving down the river to the final stop. Malachi did a final look over of the boats. Had to be sure no one tried over-loading a boat but also needed to do some evening out. "Miss Hufflepuff Captain, I'd like you to join either that boat," The one containing the Gryffindor female prefect, "or that one over there." With the Head Boy. They were about to leave the shoreline. One boat could hold one more person and the other had space for two. There was no reason for her to stay in a boat by herself when there were five oars.

He waited a moment for the last few to shuffle in where they needed to be and take their oars in hand if they hadn't already before giving the command. "Everyone, follow me. Remember what I've said."

It was dark, but not so dark that they couldn't make out silhouettes. They would have no issues avoiding each others' boats while they travelled. "I'll give you lot a quick rundown of the year's curriculum. It's nothing to be concerned about in the moment, just a means to keep my voice out there for you." Malachi rowed on, his lantern floating and following him into the darkness. Team work and quick thinking would be their best friend especially given the fog that settled in, obscuring the man and his boat. Only the lantern remained. It shun bright enough that the fog did very little to it.

Just a minute into the rowing, another light appears next to the Headmaster's. It dances around the first light before slowlyyy drifting away from the original lantern. Or was IT the original lantern? Either way, it's begun to veer off toward the left. Do you follow or keep straight?

To make matters worse, there's now a third light. It starts where the left light is but slowly drifts over to the one that continues straight. Both lights continue in this direction. Keep your eyes on them unless you don't believe either to be the Headmaster's. Should you have gone left? The lights aren't so far apart that the distance of the voice makes a difference yet. With how close they currently were, the voice could be coming from any of the three. All of them? Hopefully you've been watching.


OOC: second leg of the mini activity! Lights will be appearing and disappearing, you're kiddos will have to decide which to follow in low visibility. It;ll require concentration on their part but mistakes are fine too. I'll be back with more lights in maybe 18 hrs.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 01:09 PM   #180 (permalink)


MLE & DERP
Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,370

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default Vita, Chloe, Indigo, and Vivian

Ugh. Boat. Water. No. Just no. But then again, he did feel slightly comforted by the fact that there would be more people in the boat with him too. “Sure Chloe, jump in!” and it was always nice to have an older student join them too! “Yeah, no problem Vita!Even when the other student joined them who he didn’t know joined them, it wasn’t exactly a bad thing. Unless they were about to panic and throw up. In which case, that would not be a good thing. Ewan smiled and nodded at Vivian as she entered the boat, filling the last spot “Sure, no we can set off!”

Despite the darkness that engulfed most things, Ewan could make out the outline of several boats as they set off, the voice of the headmaster filling the air. Everything was going fine…until another light appeared next to the headmasters and veered off to the left. Why was it hopping around like that? It was as if it was doing it just to confuse them. Well, that’s what it was doing anyway. “Uh guys, what do you want to do? Do we go left or right?” Despite the situation, his voice calm and cool. He didn’t mind making the choice but after all, there were 4 other people in the boat.

Taking a deep breath, he focused on the two. Nope, three. It was three now. Taking a deep breath, he focused on the three lights carefully, trying to judge which was the headmaster and could be a Hinkypunk.
aRogueOne is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #181 (permalink)


DMGS
Bicorn
 
Lottiepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: *winks*
Posts: 16,856

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arlo Gibson
Ravenclaw
Third Year
Games & Sports

x12 x6
Default Stella, Max, Jó, Lucas (Stelaxjócaslan?)
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Right. Cool. It didn’t take long for their boat to fill up with two first years and the lesson could progress. He nodded at the kids as they stepped on and handed over an oar. “Hey, I’m Caolan” Yup, awkward introductions now over and they could move swiftly. He was looking forward to this rowing thing, there was nothing like a bit of physical activity to get the heart beating in the morning (but not as early as the crazy people in his dorm who had got up stupidly early to go for a run before breakfast).

The Headmasters boat started moving and he was only half concentrating on the light from the lantern and the Headmasters voice whilst counting out a rhythm in his head for the rowing.

And row. And row.

Was anyone else going to join him?

He was too busy concentrating on getting his stroke right that he didn’t even notice the second light appearing and then a third that joined the second. It wasn’t until he looked up for a moment that he realised there were multiple and by this point he had no idea which one was the Headmaster and which were a trick.

Umm.. guys?
Lottiepot is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 03:11 PM   #182 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,909

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vasco Bakari Thanatos (#5a4341)
Ravenclaw
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Keighley Morgan Anders (#a36ac9)
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

SPOILER!!: Team Girls! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphora View Post
Distractions to the class? Professor Headmaster, couldn’t he see that she was scared out of her wits? Last she checked, she was only a first year. Of course, Isla didn’t know what Hinkypunks were. Was it her fault for not reading her creatures book before coming to class?! Apparently so. Oops. Although, she did listen to her classmates and her older cousin about it now. The only reason she was more concern than eveer.

However, Isla kept her mouth shut for now. She didn’t want to draw anymore attention to herself. All she could do now was staying close to Rylee and her friends.

Following along, she kept a few mental notes about the Hinkypunks. Hoping one would not come out too soon. Please ...please don’t. Sigh. It would be most helpful if she could TALK about it but professor headmaster, sir, wanted everyone to be quiet. She talks when she’s nervouss...she can’t help herself, okaaayy

Hold on...they were doing what now? Steering their boats into the darkness with just one lanterrrn?! First of all, why would anyone do this? Rowing the boat in the middle of the night with very little visibility? Clearly, they were risking their necks over here. No point of staying either way, Isla hated being left behind. She would have to get past her fears!

Isla hastily board the boat with Rylee. She mouthed a thanks to her before taking her place at the front of the boat with her oar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klexos24 View Post
He could see that some reading had been done... of course. Charlie didn't know why it didn't occur to her to read herself, but it just didn't. Charlie nodded decidedly so that the headmaster knew that she was "listening," but in reality, she was ignoring most of what he said on purpose so as not to cry (out of embarrassment, that is). It would probably be over nothing, and it would be too dark to see her tears, but she didn't care, and the crying would likely be loud and ugly anyhow....

Charlie, luckily, had absorbed a lot of the information stated by her classmates and the headmaster (and she would be sure to read after class to supplement it). Hinkypunks, by way of the headmaster's description, sounded cute and adorable (like something out of a muggle children's fantasy cartoon), but they probably weren't so cute once they lead you into a bog... or if they shot fireballs at you. That, too.

So, they won't sink or capsize, but we still have to guide them in the dark with only Headmaster Trent's lantern... right. Charlie just had to trust him... even if she didn't, she would give no indication of such. The boats weren't filling up quite yet, but she didn't care to waste time anyhow, so she made a decision quickly and headed for the boat occupied by the fourth and first year that Headmaster Trent had scolded.

"I hope it's okay for me join your boat," she stated, the lilt of her voice painting it as an inquiry. She was already moving to get in the boat and grab her oar, but she could always leave....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
Text Cut: boatmates






Following the headmaster hadn’t been too fraught with dangers, aside from the occasional issue with her shoes nearly getting stuck in the muck and the darkness making things that much more nerve-wracking. In an odd way, it was reminding her of the lessons way back when she was a first and second year, with Professor Hirsch teaching them. The difference was that she hadn’t quite developed the trust with the headmaster as she had the other DADA professor. Obviously she wasn’t counting last term. That had been something else entirely.

She’d stayed quiet during the discussion about hinkypunks, focusing more on keeping up with the group as they’d finally come up alongside a river that she knew for a fact was the result of magic, even considering she’d known the bog had been in the first place. A river definitely wasn’t something that existed inside the classrooms of Hogwarts, last time she’d checked. Plus, she’d gotten the distinct idea that the headmaster didn’t exactly approve of repeating answers and early everything she’d known about hinkypunks had been mentioned.

Instead, she applied herself to finding a boat to board. Chloe’s had been under consideration, but ten she’d seen the boat containing Rylee and two younger students, of which only one she was familiar with, having met at the feast. Either way, the idea that having an older student there didn’t seem like a bad one, so she’d made her way over. “Mind if I join you?,” she asked, giving the three younger students smiles as she carefully stepped into the boat and curled her legs underneath herself before accepting an oar.


Once Rylee was settled into a spot at the front of the boat and she was sure Isla was sitting beside her comfortably, well as comfortable as one could be in a boat on a river at night, she turned her attention to the others piling into boats.

"Of course you can," the fourth year smiled at the young girl that was clearly a first year. "I'm Rylee and this is my cousin Isla," she introduced both herself and the younger lioness at her side. Holding out her hand to Charlie she offered to help her into the boat safely before passing her an oar once she had sat down.

"Nice to have you with us, Stas." Having a Prefect and one she knew well in their boat was going to be helpful for sure! They would be okay. All they had to do was follow the sound of Headmaster Trent's voice and follow the light of his lantern. Easy peasy.

"Here we go," she let everyone know as their boat moved along the river. Nice even strokes of her oar along the water, silently counting out her own movement trying to keep in time with the others in the boat. All was well until she could no longer see the Headmaster but only the shining light of the lantern. And than another and... another?!

Rylee blinked once. Then again. One light stayed straight, this was the very first one she was sure... maybe? One veered off to the left and another that started near that one went to join the first. Good gosh this was like following a game of Quidditch or maybe watching a dance competition. "Which way do we go? Left or straight? I say straight but what about you all?" Just because she was at the very front of the boat didn't mean they weren't a team. They needed to be in agreement here... and fast.
__________________
Kolyander is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:06 PM   #183 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DoM & MO
Kappa
 
PuppySara's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 14,849

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Adrien Theo Livingston
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alyssa Johnston
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Brodie David Livingston
Minister's Office
Default Little late but hope it's okay to still join you Derf
49% Dalmatian | | 51% Human

... She was morbid? More like thoughtful... and maybe paranoid that magical creatures would have the same liking for her as they had her father... Which was not very much and why she was lucky to have a pygmy puff, who admittedly sneezed on him all the time and it seemed to dislike a him as much as a little pink ball of floof could.

But that was besides the point... She grabbed one of the oars from the boat and looked at the others in hers, "I'm Josephine, by the way..." She gave a weak smile and looked at the ball of light blinking as more appeared and traded directions...

Meep... Hopefully someone here was better at keeping track of where to go.
PuppySara is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:09 PM   #184 (permalink)

Book Club Mod




MO & DMT
Chinese Fireball
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 28,015

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andromeda Euka
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gemma Kitridge
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

x11 x9
Default Everyone in this boat!
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: All of you
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Okay, they were going out on the water. Vita was scared, of course she was. She couldn't swim, you see. Still, she had her wand and she wasn't about to make a fuss, so she climbed in to the first boat she spotted and took a seat, looking uncomfortable to say the least.

Oh. Hello small humans.

"Hey, I'm vita. Hope you guys don't mind that I've joined you." Could they swim? "Guess we're just waiting for a few more..." Hopefully they'd hop in soon so they didn't lose sight of the headmaster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Indigo did not like boats. Yes, he could swim, but he couldn’t do it particularly well. He generally avoided water, and he definitely avoided boat. He could count on one hand the number of times in his life that he’d been on a boat. He’d been reluctant about every single one of them. So he sighed and simply followed Vita onto whichever boat he had chosen. He barely even paid attention to who else was on it. Nobody he knew. And no, he did not introduce himself. He gripped the side of the boat a bit more tightly than was necessary. The fact that the boats were magical and would not tip over actually did reassure him a bit. Honestly, the prospect of facing hinkypunks was looking better and better. It couldn’t get much worse than this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPeea View Post
The fourth year listened intently as the Headmaster began telling the class of Hinkypunks and the first thing she had immediately thought of was fire. Why one may ask, that was unclear but the mental image of the creature was already made in her read from her readings. Never actually experiencing one before, her curiosity was already reeling.

She followed the crowed as they read a collection of boats, following the headmaster's instructions to gather into one in groups of five. The fourth year pursed her lips as she quickly realized they were filling up quick. Her hazel green eyes glanced towards a group of what looked like four with one remaining spot....that had her name all over it!

Quickly shuffling towards their boat, she wasted no time climbing aboard the boat as she claimed the last spot for herself."Hello! Hope it's alright that I took this last spot in your boat?" Her tone bright as bright as usual as she glazed over the other four faces with a smile. Hopefully it would not be a problem, or that would be rather awkward because.....she had no real intention of moving now...she was quite comfy you know...

Was it time to start moving along yet???
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
"Hello. No, we don't mind," The sixth year said to the younger girl who took up the last spot in their boat. Was it rude to speak for the group? Vita hoped not and honestly, speaking up for anyone but herself was a rarity. It was just...she was glad to be one step closer to getting a move on. Indigo looked about as thrilled as she did to be on the water, but they'd get through this okay. The headmaster himself had told them not to worry so look at her, not worrying over here... ... ...yeah.

Picking up one of the oars, the sixteen year old positioned it over the water and waited for the okay to get going. "Anyone ever steered a boat before?" Because she most certainly had not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
Ugh. Boat. Water. No. Just no. But then again, he did feel slightly comforted by the fact that there would be more people in the boat with him too. “Sure Chloe, jump in!” and it was always nice to have an older student join them too! “Yeah, no problem Vita!Even when the other student joined them who he didn’t know joined them, it wasn’t exactly a bad thing. Unless they were about to panic and throw up. In which case, that would not be a good thing. Ewan smiled and nodded at Vivian as she entered the boat, filling the last spot “Sure, no we can set off!”

Despite the darkness that engulfed most things, Ewan could make out the outline of several boats as they set off, the voice of the headmaster filling the air. Everything was going fine…until another light appeared next to the headmasters and veered off to the left. Why was it hopping around like that? It was as if it was doing it just to confuse them. Well, that’s what it was doing anyway. “Uh guys, what do you want to do? Do we go left or right?” Despite the situation, his voice calm and cool. He didn’t mind making the choice but after all, there were 4 other people in the boat.

Taking a deep breath, he focused on the two. Nope, three. It was three now. Taking a deep breath, he focused on the three lights carefully, trying to judge which was the headmaster and could be a Hinkypunk.


Smiling huge when Ewan said it was okay she looked around, [b] "Wonder who else will join us. She didn't have to wait long though soon her eyes widened as not one but TWO sixth year joined them. Older students always put Chloe in awe, especially the girls. She wanted to be as pretty as them one day and she always wanted to know everything about them, but this was class and she was going to keep quiet as the fear of what was ahead was more important than knowing the secrets of the older students.

"Hi" was all she could really get out before a fourth year joined in. Looking at the group she bit her lip hoping someone was an expert at this stuff. "No, I don't have a clue how to work a boat." The ones she was on during the first year did everything themselves.

When she heard the professor-headmaster talk again she looked in the way his voice was going. "I guess we have to do something though." She picked up the thing to row with. "Does anyone else find this rather.... scary?" She couldn't be the only one, could she?

As a second light came into view she thought maybe a student did what they weren't supposed to, but then it went a different way, but before she could speak a third one came. She watched all the lights feeling a little panicked. "I.. I don't know. Maybe stay straight with the two lights?" What if it was a trick though and they should go left?

Oh no, oh no, what should they do?
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 05:23 PM   #185 (permalink)


DoM
Chizpurfle
 
littledhampir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 10,022

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Ramsey
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Indigo Rousseau
Mysteries
x8
Default
not throwing away my shot | Slytherpuff | roll for initiative | woof you ❤

SPOILER!!: boat!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2204 View Post
Ugh. Boat. Water. No. Just no. But then again, he did feel slightly comforted by the fact that there would be more people in the boat with him too. “Sure Chloe, jump in!” and it was always nice to have an older student join them too! “Yeah, no problem Vita!Even when the other student joined them who he didn’t know joined them, it wasn’t exactly a bad thing. Unless they were about to panic and throw up. In which case, that would not be a good thing. Ewan smiled and nodded at Vivian as she entered the boat, filling the last spot “Sure, no we can set off!”

Despite the darkness that engulfed most things, Ewan could make out the outline of several boats as they set off, the voice of the headmaster filling the air. Everything was going fine…until another light appeared next to the headmasters and veered off to the left. Why was it hopping around like that? It was as if it was doing it just to confuse them. Well, that’s what it was doing anyway. “Uh guys, what do you want to do? Do we go left or right?” Despite the situation, his voice calm and cool. He didn’t mind making the choice but after all, there were 4 other people in the boat.

Taking a deep breath, he focused on the two. Nope, three. It was three now. Taking a deep breath, he focused on the three lights carefully, trying to judge which was the headmaster and could be a Hinkypunk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Smiling huge when Ewan said it was okay she looked around, [b] "Wonder who else will join us. She didn't have to wait long though soon her eyes widened as not one but TWO sixth year joined them. Older students always put Chloe in awe, especially the girls. She wanted to be as pretty as them one day and she always wanted to know everything about them, but this was class and she was going to keep quiet as the fear of what was ahead was more important than knowing the secrets of the older students.

"Hi" was all she could really get out before a fourth year joined in. Looking at the group she bit her lip hoping someone was an expert at this stuff. "No, I don't have a clue how to work a boat." The ones she was on during the first year did everything themselves.

When she heard the professor-headmaster talk again she looked in the way his voice was going. "I guess we have to do something though." She picked up the thing to row with. "Does anyone else find this rather.... scary?" She couldn't be the only one, could she?

As a second light came into view she thought maybe a student did what they weren't supposed to, but then it went a different way, but before she could speak a third one came. She watched all the lights feeling a little panicked. "I.. I don't know. Maybe stay straight with the two lights?" What if it was a trick though and they should go left?

Oh no, oh no, what should they do?


Indigo had kind of expected this to happen. They were talking about hinkypunks and they were talking about what to do if you saw lights trying to lead you astray in bogs. And now they were on boats in a bog and of course there were going to be lights and hinkypunks. That was why Indigo was making sure to keep his eye on the lantern that he was certain belonged to the Headmaster. It was like one of those games. Keep your eye on the ball. Which cup is it under? Except if you got it wrong you would be attacked. Fortunately for his boat, he was certain he knew which lantern was the right one. It certainly wasn't the one veering left.

"Keep going straight." The bigger problem at the moment was that Indigo didn't know how to steer a boat. He kept his eyes fixed straight ahead, focusing on the lantern he knew to be safe and refusing to let his gaze waver so as not to be led astray. He reached down to the paddle and pushed it through the water. He was pretty sure they could keep going in a straight line if they all worked together.
littledhampir is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 06:13 PM   #186 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DIMC

Bicorn
 
natekka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 16,771

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlotte Melina Weyker
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Parker Renfrow
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Clara Rider (née Wilde)
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Riley Archer
Mysteries
Default playing catch up + starting a new boat (spots reserved for Drew & Oda)
Little Fox | ½ of Lauralie | Ravenclaw with a Hufflepuff heart and a Gryffindor soul | #HouseNATARIANA

SPOILER!!: Question 2 + walking
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
He looked to the class again. "Moving on!" No need to keep standing around here. This wasn't where they needed to be. "Everyone, follow me. Watch your step, don't dilly dally, we've got places to be. I'm sure it hasn't escaped any of you that I'm the only one currently in possession of any form of light. Keep your wands in their holsters, reholster them if you've drawn them. I don't want to see a single illumination charm cast. That entirely defeats the purpose of this little exercise." The light was bright enough that it travelled some distance. Even if they couldn't see him, they could still very much see him.

"Follow not only the light, but the sound of my voice." Were they clear? "When I've stopped talking, it will be especially important to pay attention to this light, my light."

With that, the man began to move through the bog. The immediate area had bushes, low hanging branches, muddy soil and the occasional over grown root. So long as they were cautious, they would be fine. "Quick recap while we walk." He said, carefully moving through the terrain. It was very important that they followed his instructions because he'd turned his back to them in order to see the path ahead. "Plenty of dangers in bogs. Magical creatures. Magical plants. Regular, predatory creatures. Bugs. The terrain itself. There were quite a few suggestions...and a few consequences. That being said, I'd like to discourage everyone from tripping and breaking your neck. Similarly, I wouldn't recommend falling onto a jagged rock. If you don't die, it doesn't break the rules but....still painful and you'll miss the fun stuff." He covered a few of the answers touched on while he walked, occasionally pausing to ensure they were still going the right way--inconvenient for anyone walking too close to him.

"A few of you mentioned hinkypunks, and in case it isn't by this point obvious that they'll be the focus of this lesson, they are. That said, what do you know about hinkypunks? Or, you can tell me what actions you would take if you found yourself travelling through an area like this with several lanterns leading off in different directions." They could answer both if they wanted to, but he'd appreciate them answering even one.

Tessa’s interest piqued when the Headmaster told them that they were to keep their wands holstered. Where were they going? It wasn’t difficult to follow him, even though the terrain was uneven and damp. She was pretty agile, you know? She laughed when he ‘discouraged’ them from breaking their necks. He was funny, and Tessa suspected that he wasn’t even trying to be funny.

Her suspicions about this lesson being about Hinkypunks were confirmed soon enough. That explained the lack of light and the bogginess. “They’re like smoke and carry a lantern,” she said in answer to his question. And, in a stroke on GENIUS if she did say so herself, Tessa had a thought. "Depending on how far away the creatures are, could you use Homenum Revelio? Then you could find out if the source of the light is a person or not. I mean, that still might not work if there's a person and a Hinkypunk around. So it's not exactly foolproof but it's probably better than yelling 'HEY, YOU THERE. ARE YOU A HINKYPUNK?', right?"

Heh.

Wasn’t she just so concise?


SPOILER!!: get in boats + start of the mini activity
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
"Moving on!" He hoped they'd been paying attention to each other. The students had given the bulk of the information and there wasn't any need to say it ALL again.

Malachi drew his wand to reveal a few boats. Those closer to the front had a better chance of seeing them. "We're taking a little trip that will get us to our final activity. There are boats by the edge of the water here." He paused to gesture. "No more than five in a boat. Don't worry about capsizing, they've been charmed against that. Similarly, they will not sink. You've got nothing to worry about from them." So no unnecessary panic, yeah? They'd all been doing good at that so far. "You will board the boats then follow me in mine. Remember what I've said. Listen for my voice. Look for my lantern. It's very important."

For reasons. Ahem.

With that, the Headmaster climbed into the first boat and nudged himself out onto the water. He brightened his lantern a bit so they could see back on the shoreline. "Everyone into boats, no time to waste."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Just a minute into the rowing, another light appears next to the Headmaster's. It dances around the first light before slowlyyy drifting away from the original lantern. Or was IT the original lantern? Either way, it's begun to veer off toward the left. Do you follow or keep straight?

To make matters worse, there's now a third light. It starts where the left light is but slowly drifts over to the one that continues straight. Both lights continue in this direction. Keep your eyes on them unless you don't believe either to be the Headmaster's. Should you have gone left? The lights aren't so far apart that the distance of the voice makes a difference yet. With how close they currently were, the voice could be coming from any of the three. All of them? Hopefully you've been watching.


Tessa was not disappointed when they reached their destination. They were getting into boats? It was like first year all over again. Except, presumably, with something related to Hinkypunks added.

People climbed into boats, one after another, and Tessa was having a hard time following who was in a boat with who and which boats, if any, had any spare places. So, she clambered into a new boat. Her boat was soon filled, too, as more students joined, each of them taking control of an oar. She grinned good-naturedly at each of them. "I'm Tessa," she introduced herself before the Headmaster started talking again. They were still supposed to have their wands away, right? The point was to follow the Headmaster's light...and voice, she supposed. Which was actually more difficult now than when they were walking - there was more fog over the water.

"Oh, is that another light?" She asked the other students in her boat. If it wasn't for the fact she was already looking at the Headmaster's light, she would have found it hard to tell which light was the right light to follow. OHHHHH!!! That was the whole point, wasn't it? Duh. "Keep your eyes of that one," she told her boatmates, nodding in the direction of the Headmaster's light.

__________________
natekka is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 06:31 PM   #187 (permalink)


DERP & DMC
Jarvey
 
Granger Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Among the stars
Posts: 638

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tadhg O'Neill
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Axel O'Neill
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Zunther

Ministry RPG Name:
Serena Morningstar
Default Max, Jó, Lucas and Caolan!
Loveable Gryffinpuff| Stella Bella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Right. Cool. It didn’t take long for their boat to fill up with two first years and the lesson could progress. He nodded at the kids as they stepped on and handed over an oar. “Hey, I’m Caolan” Yup, awkward introductions now over and they could move swiftly. He was looking forward to this rowing thing, there was nothing like a bit of physical activity to get the heart beating in the morning (but not as early as the crazy people in his dorm who had got up stupidly early to go for a run before breakfast).

The Headmasters boat started moving and he was only half concentrating on the light from the lantern and the Headmasters voice whilst counting out a rhythm in his head for the rowing.

And row. And row.

Was anyone else going to join him?

He was too busy concentrating on getting his stroke right that he didn’t even notice the second light appearing and then a third that joined the second. It wasn’t until he looked up for a moment that he realised there were multiple and by this point he had no idea which one was the Headmaster and which were a trick.

Umm.. guys?

Rolling the oar, Stella looked at Caolan and the others, biting her lip. She didn't like this, it was dark and they couldn't see a single thing. "I'm Stella." she said calmly watching the Headmaster's latern. Ok... his is shining brighter then all the others ones, she noticed that. She was going to say the one that went left was a fake and stay straight ahead.


"Ok... I think we should stay straight, but that's just me what do you guys think?" she asked them. Whatever decision they made she hoped that they decided quick before they lose the lanterns. This was going to be another great subject, yeah... out in god knows where in the dark and fog. Ok... she was really starting to think fighting the Red Caps was easier then this last term.

They had to work together on this, follow the Headmaster's light and voice, although that was easier said then done. Oh... how she was starting to hate this class, very much now. Although all she wanted to be was right on this, she didn't want to get lost.
__________________
Granger Danger is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #188 (permalink)


MO & DoM
Moke
 
Kimothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: nickle's back pocket
Posts: 8,688

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cassidy Lily Belrose
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yukie Selina Rasting
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Andrea "Anya" Gonzales
Mysteries
x12
Default Tessa and Oda! Free slots (NPCs-ish if nobody claims) if anyone wants to jump in too
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • Incoherent Cow Noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by natekka View Post
Tessa was not disappointed when they reached their destination. They were getting into boats? It was like first year all over again. Except, presumably, with something related to Hinkypunks added.

People climbed into boats, one after another, and Tessa was having a hard time following who was in a boat with who and which boats, if any, had any spare places. So, she clambered into a new boat. Her boat was soon filled, too, as more students joined, each of them taking control of an oar. She grinned good-naturedly at each of them. "I'm Tessa," she introduced herself before the Headmaster started talking again. They were still supposed to have their wands away, right? The point was to follow the Headmaster's light...and voice, she supposed. Which was actually more difficult now than when they were walking - there was more fog over the water.

"Oh, is that another light?" She asked the other students in her boat. If it wasn't for the fact she was already looking at the Headmaster's light, she would have found it hard to tell which light was the right light to follow. OHHHHH!!! That was the whole point, wasn't it? Duh. "Keep your eyes of that one," she told her boatmates, nodding in the direction of the Headmaster's light.
Oh, would you look at that? Boats. On water. They were going to row themselves across this lake or whatever body of water it was. Drewett was already dreading this class and once he was on the boat, he wished he hadn't attended this as his first class of the term instead. If this was going to row himself to his death by falling off the boat and drowning, he'd rather just get out of here.

But too late, they were going off already and Drewett held onto his oar very tightly. Good thing it was dark because then his boat mates wouldn't be able to see how pale he really was anymore. And he was pale, it would almost seem like he was close to fainting. "Drew..." he said in introduction. Nice to meet you before my possible death, I guess. The Ravenclaw carefully began to row, making sure he doesn't lose grasp of his oar or else he would have the tendency to drop it any moment now.

And when the other lights began showing up amidst the fog, Drewett patterned his breathing again and again and again. He needed to stay calm and focused on the headmaster's light. It wasn't that difficult, actually, under normal circumstances. Drewett was rather good at concentrating on things and he certainly wasn't easily distracted. It was just his growing anxiety. It would be his worst enemy today, not the hinkypunks. "Straight... just straight...." Please do not move anywhere but straight, headmaster. Please.
__________________
It's so magical, feeling that no one's got a hold_______________________________

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...
Kimothy is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 07:21 PM   #189 (permalink)


DMAC & DMC
Manticore
 
Shanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: whoville
Posts: 43,335

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mozart Bronwyn #ee6600
Gryffindor
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lumi Kolzer #66CDAA
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Eliora Dodderidge
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
formerly: Theophilus Darcy
Magical Creatures

x7 x5
Default drewett and tessa xo (2 spaces left w/ them)
∞ 17 | RP entrepreneur | defies gravity | Miss George is flawless | blanket burrito lyfe

SPOILER!!: boat not-friends
Quote:
Originally Posted by natekka View Post
Tessa’s interest piqued when the Headmaster told them that they were to keep their wands holstered. Where were they going? It wasn’t difficult to follow him, even though the terrain was uneven and damp. She was pretty agile, you know? She laughed when he ‘discouraged’ them from breaking their necks. He was funny, and Tessa suspected that he wasn’t even trying to be funny.

Her suspicions about this lesson being about Hinkypunks were confirmed soon enough. That explained the lack of light and the bogginess. “They’re like smoke and carry a lantern,” she said in answer to his question. And, in a stroke on GENIUS if she did say so herself, Tessa had a thought. "Depending on how far away the creatures are, could you use Homenum Revelio? Then you could find out if the source of the light is a person or not. I mean, that still might not work if there's a person and a Hinkypunk around. So it's not exactly foolproof but it's probably better than yelling 'HEY, YOU THERE. ARE YOU A HINKYPUNK?', right?"

Heh.

Wasn’t she just so concise?


Tessa was not disappointed when they reached their destination. They were getting into boats? It was like first year all over again. Except, presumably, with something related to Hinkypunks added.

People climbed into boats, one after another, and Tessa was having a hard time following who was in a boat with who and which boats, if any, had any spare places. So, she clambered into a new boat. Her boat was soon filled, too, as more students joined, each of them taking control of an oar. She grinned good-naturedly at each of them. "I'm Tessa," she introduced herself before the Headmaster started talking again. They were still supposed to have their wands away, right? The point was to follow the Headmaster's light...and voice, she supposed. Which was actually more difficult now than when they were walking - there was more fog over the water.

"Oh, is that another light?" She asked the other students in her boat. If it wasn't for the fact she was already looking at the Headmaster's light, she would have found it hard to tell which light was the right light to follow. OHHHHH!!! That was the whole point, wasn't it? Duh. "Keep your eyes of that one," she told her boatmates, nodding in the direction of the Headmaster's light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimothy View Post
Oh, would you look at that? Boats. On water. They were going to row themselves across this lake or whatever body of water it was. Drewett was already dreading this class and once he was on the boat, he wished he hadn't attended this as his first class of the term instead. If this was going to row himself to his death by falling off the boat and drowning, he'd rather just get out of here.

But too late, they were going off already and Drewett held onto his oar very tightly. Good thing it was dark because then his boat mates wouldn't be able to see how pale he really was anymore. And he was pale, it would almost seem like he was close to fainting. "Drew..." he said in introduction. Nice to meet you before my possible death, I guess. The Ravenclaw carefully began to row, making sure he doesn't lose grasp of his oar or else he would have the tendency to drop it any moment now.

And when the other lights began showing up amidst the fog, Drewett patterned his breathing again and again and again. He needed to stay calm and focused on the headmaster's light. It wasn't that difficult, actually, under normal circumstances. Drewett was rather good at concentrating on things and he certainly wasn't easily distracted. It was just his growing anxiety. It would be his worst enemy today, not the hinkypunks. "Straight... just straight...." Please do not move anywhere but straight, headmaster. Please.


Eugh. People.

Odaline supposed that being out on the water at least meant she could make someone fall overboard by accident a time or two. But she still wasn't happy about being here with them. She didn't introduce herself, just took in the names of her group and shrugged when it came to giving her name. Sorry, unavailable.

She was intrigued when it came to the new lights appearing, yet she was already looking in a different direction to what she had started looking in. Was... that the same light her boat mates were talking about? Who knew? Not her, because she wasn't going to even look at them. She'd just move her oar and exist in silence.

Plotting.
__________________

It's cool, I just finished a year of teaching full time and doing a three year degree in one year.
And passed! HEY MUM I'M A QUALIFIED TEACHER! Slowly phasing back here.
Forever in need of a cheerleader though.
RPs anyone? Stay safe, faves.

Last edited by Shanners; 01-09-2019 at 07:22 PM. Reason: I can code. I promise
Shanners is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 08:03 PM   #190 (permalink)

Occamy
 
Waterloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London
Posts: 63,510

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cora Dredworth
Sixth Year

x1
Default Stelaxjócaslan!! XD
connoisseur of comfort ❅ Crayola's Wibby Mrs Alex Turner ❅ Netflix and meow

SPOILER!!: boatbuddies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Right. Cool. It didn’t take long for their boat to fill up with two first years and the lesson could progress. He nodded at the kids as they stepped on and handed over an oar. “Hey, I’m Caolan” Yup, awkward introductions now over and they could move swiftly. He was looking forward to this rowing thing, there was nothing like a bit of physical activity to get the heart beating in the morning (but not as early as the crazy people in his dorm who had got up stupidly early to go for a run before breakfast).

The Headmasters boat started moving and he was only half concentrating on the light from the lantern and the Headmasters voice whilst counting out a rhythm in his head for the rowing.

And row. And row.

Was anyone else going to join him?

He was too busy concentrating on getting his stroke right that he didn’t even notice the second light appearing and then a third that joined the second. It wasn’t until he looked up for a moment that he realised there were multiple and by this point he had no idea which one was the Headmaster and which were a trick.

Umm.. guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
Rolling the oar, Stella looked at Caolan and the others, biting her lip. She didn't like this, it was dark and they couldn't see a single thing. "I'm Stella." she said calmly watching the Headmaster's latern. Ok... his is shining brighter then all the others ones, she noticed that. She was going to say the one that went left was a fake and stay straight ahead.


"Ok... I think we should stay straight, but that's just me what do you guys think?" she asked them. Whatever decision they made she hoped that they decided quick before they lose the lanterns. This was going to be another great subject, yeah... out in god knows where in the dark and fog. Ok... she was really starting to think fighting the Red Caps was easier then this last term.

They had to work together on this, follow the Headmaster's light and voice, although that was easier said then done. Oh... how she was starting to hate this class, very much now. Although all she wanted to be was right on this, she didn't want to get lost.


Max hadn't even paid attention to who else had clambered on into their boat. They'd said their names.... but oops, he'd forgotten already. He had reached a whole new level of unimpressed and all the sloshing around in the lake really wasn't helping the whole full bladder situation.

He was doing the absolute most to try and avoid any manual labour AKA rowing. Oh, look at that over there. Oh, what was that behind them? Basically anything to avoid looking at the one kid who was using the paddley things.

In fact, he was so busy distracted with everything that wasn't actual class, that he didn't even notice there were now multiple lights in the distance. Until now. Until the small girl piped up. Great. Just perfect.

"I think you better be right because I'm gonna pee myself soon."
Just saying.
__________________


_____________Take part in our Higgledy Piggledy House Cup!
Waterloo is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 09:56 PM   #191 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,301

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default Zoryn, Steph, Igor, Torii, Patrick BOAT
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Zoryn literally didn’t even care who ended up in their boat anymore. She just wanted to take off. She gave Igor nothing more than a curt acknowledgement and shrugged at Patrick. Okay they had five. Could they go now ooooor?

Wait a minute. They had WAY too many underclassmen in their boat.

Was it too late to jump out and switch? Because Zoryn started leaning towards the edge and slowly began to life up her-- Dang it.

They were off. Right well, she wasn't going to let these chumps row on their own because a) her upper body strength was probably WAY better than all of theirs combined and b) she wanted to steer.

"ROW STRAIGHT."

She had made the executive decision. And also, she was just following Maxton's boat. He was pretty clueless, but Zoryn was like 75% sure that he normally received good marks.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 10:25 PM   #192 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE

Grindylow
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 14,455

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nerina Moretti
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
Default Ewan, Chloe, Indigo, and Vivian!
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

"It's a bit eerie, yeah." Vita offered the younger ravenclaw girl a small smile and a nod in agreement. This certainly wasn't her idea of a relaxing pastime, not even if they'd been out on the lake under a beautiful yellow sun, and this was nowhere close.

"I'm with Indigo, we keep going straight." He was observant, Indigo was. There was also the fact that he wasn't chatty, which she imagined made it easier for him to focus on their headmaster and the light he was guiding them with. She did a bit of a test with her oar, noting which side helped keep them on their current path, and then kept it there, helping to move them along. "Eyes and ears open, okay? Just in case the headmaster calls out any directions."
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 01-09-2019, 11:15 PM   #193 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster
Quibbler Mod


MO & DoM
Nundu
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 49,597

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamran Kazmi
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Angelo Milano Evans
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
N.A. Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders

Diagon Alley Employee:
Spencer Muldoon
Slug and Jiggers Apothecary
x12 x12
Default Natalie, Gunnar, Aaron, and Harri
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

It didn't take very long for their boat to fill up. Abra smiled at Gunnar, whom he mostly only really knew from Quidditch matches, Aaron, his cousin(!), and Harri, a first year Gryffindor, as they each came aboard the boat. "Hey!" he greeted everyone as they appeared. "I'm Abra." Well, Aaron and Natalie already knew that, and probably so did Harri, if she remembered him and Stasya introducing themselves before escorting the Gryffindor first years to the common room on the first night of term. Actually, maybe Gunnar also knew him from Quidditch, making the introduction sort of totally redundant actually. Uhhh... Oh. Well. This wasn't awkward at all...

With their boat now full, Abra turned his attention to the Headmaster and awaited instructions. They came relatively quickly, and Abra scrambled to pick up an oar so that he could get started with rowing the boat after the man in charge. He was still a little hesitant about the concept of following the hinkypunk in disguise guy with the lantern, but hey, what could you do?

Rowing turned out to be a lot more difficult than it looked. Abra couldn't tell what it was about it, but he was terrible at getting into a rhythm and making sure the oar was going into the water and not getting the whole situation backwards. In fact, he had to stop looking ahead and instead look down at his hands and the oar for a moment, to sort of get used to what he was trying to do, but then, when he looked up, there was more than one lantern light up ahead.

Oh. Oh no. Ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooo.

Looking between the light that was off to the left, and the two straight ahead, Abra panicked for a moment. He wanted to glance around at the others, but he dared not take his eyes away from the lights again. Now what?

"Um..." Abra said, trying not to sound quite so strained as he didn't want to alarm anyone, especially not the first year in the boat. "Straight... straight ahead, right?" Please let someone else have been paying attention. Maybe he could blag his way through this.
__________________

i wanna stand up, i wanna let go _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ ____.

you know, you know; no you don't, you don't
Felixir is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 12:23 AM   #194 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,341

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Max Evans
Second Year
Default
Stay Free

SPOILER!!: Septimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


Well that was a positive response meaning they now had four of the five spots filled up on their boat. "You're welcome," Septimus replied, offering the Slytherin girl an oar. "Nice to meet you...I'm Septimus," he added, returning her introduction.


As soon as Skyler took the oar, it was already time to move. Okay then, let's go.
"Thanks," she said and smiled slightly at her other boat mates. Whoops didn't realize they were there. Oh well, she decided to start rowing towards a light near them to see where they would lead, hopefully the others would take the hint...
2111jen is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 12:44 AM   #195 (permalink)
Moderator
Gladrags Mod



DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin
 
hermionesclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 32,682

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samuel Michael Summers
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
Default Stelaxjócaslan!
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

Text Cut: you guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Right. Cool. It didn’t take long for their boat to fill up with two first years and the lesson could progress. He nodded at the kids as they stepped on and handed over an oar. “Hey, I’m Caolan” Yup, awkward introductions now over and they could move swiftly. He was looking forward to this rowing thing, there was nothing like a bit of physical activity to get the heart beating in the morning (but not as early as the crazy people in his dorm who had got up stupidly early to go for a run before breakfast).

The Headmasters boat started moving and he was only half concentrating on the light from the lantern and the Headmasters voice whilst counting out a rhythm in his head for the rowing.

And row. And row.

Was anyone else going to join him?

He was too busy concentrating on getting his stroke right that he didn’t even notice the second light appearing and then a third that joined the second. It wasn’t until he looked up for a moment that he realised there were multiple and by this point he had no idea which one was the Headmaster and which were a trick.

Umm.. guys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
Rolling the oar, Stella looked at Caolan and the others, biting her lip. She didn't like this, it was dark and they couldn't see a single thing. "I'm Stella." she said calmly watching the Headmaster's latern. Ok... his is shining brighter then all the others ones, she noticed that. She was going to say the one that went left was a fake and stay straight ahead.


"Ok... I think we should stay straight, but that's just me what do you guys think?" she asked them. Whatever decision they made she hoped that they decided quick before they lose the lanterns. This was going to be another great subject, yeah... out in god knows where in the dark and fog. Ok... she was really starting to think fighting the Red Caps was easier then this last term.

They had to work together on this, follow the Headmaster's light and voice, although that was easier said then done. Oh... how she was starting to hate this class, very much now. Although all she wanted to be was right on this, she didn't want to get lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
SPOILER!!: boatbuddies




Max hadn't even paid attention to who else had clambered on into their boat. They'd said their names.... but oops, he'd forgotten already. He had reached a whole new level of unimpressed and all the sloshing around in the lake really wasn't helping the whole full bladder situation.

He was doing the absolute most to try and avoid any manual labour AKA rowing. Oh, look at that over there. Oh, what was that behind them? Basically anything to avoid looking at the one kid who was using the paddley things.

In fact, he was so busy distracted with everything that wasn't actual class, that he didn't even notice there were now multiple lights in the distance. Until now. Until the small girl piped up. Great. Just perfect.

"I think you better be right because I'm gonna pee myself soon."
Just saying.


Caolan? Okay, so, that was one person he was sure he didn't know. "Lucas," he piped up, even if he was sure that the boy wouldn't know him either. He did recognise Stella's voice, though, which instantly made him smile. Hello!

Before he could say anything, he was being handed something? Something that felt like...... wait, was this an oar?

UH.

Lucas squinted down at the oar and then at where one of his biceps were and then back at the oar again. This meant that they had to row and that meant exercise and he was..... not very happy to hear that. He was very scrawny, actually, but maybe, just maybe, this would help him build up some more muscle.

It was with this thought in mind that he dipped the oar into the water and started rowing. It was..... hard work, actually. Very hard! And people did this for FUN?! That, he didn't understand. But then again, there were a lot of things he didn't understand right now.

Like the three lanterns ahead of them.

UH. Please tell him he wasn't the only one who was SCARED right now.

Stay straight? Pee himself?! Despite how he was feeling, Lucas couldn't help but let out a small snort and nodded...... only to realise that the others might not be able to see him so, ended up saying, "Yeah, let's go straight." He didn't have any other ideas, and nothing that was better, so...... straight it was!
__________________
hermionesclone is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 12:49 AM   #196 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMAC & DoM
Kappa
 
Roselyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western US
Posts: 14,684

Ministry RPG Name:
Margaret Ward
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Tahnia Romanos
Mysteries
x9 x8
Default Mark, Nettie, Kaira, and Anna!
Super Slytherin Buddy | | ⅓ She-Snake Trio | | a normal girl with normal knees

SPOILER!!: Boat Buds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
It was one of those moments where Nettie was truly in awe of magic. Somehow magic had turned this tiny room in to a bog, and not only that - but a bog that was large enough to accommodate BOATS that moved significant distances to get to another spot. It was truly mind boggling!

Spotting Mark in his own boat, Nettie grinned and immediately headed towards that one. As she approached, an older Ravenclaw girl (whose name escaped her at the moment, oops) and climbed in. "Hello!" she piped up as she plopped in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeetha View Post
Kaira glanced at the older girl as she joined a boat with another girl and a boy. They looked like they would let her in if she asked.

'Hi..can I join you guys?,' she asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
"Fireballs..." Anna repeated under her breath, a tiny smile on her face. Sounded cool! She was hoping they would actually see some Hinkypunks soon because that'd be interesting. They were known to make noises? That made the Gryffindor chuckle for some reason. She was looking forward to encountering the creatures.

When the boats appeared, Anna could hardly see because she wasn't exactly at the front of the group, but she wasn't bothered. Soon enough she managed to get close enough to find a boat with an empty seat. She climbed onto it and greeted those in there. All Ravenclaws, it seemed. Anna didn't have a problem with that. "Hi, all!" She greeted them with a grin as she settled in. "I'm Anna." She introduced herself in case some of them didn't know her name, and also hoping that would make them tell her their names, because although she had seen some of them before, she actually didn't know them.

Except the little boy who was Ravenclaw's keeper the previous year. Gunter. She knew that much. It'd be helpful to know his first name, actually. "Where's my-" There the oar was! The fifth year quickly grabbed one and got ready to row! "Cool!" She finished with a beamy grin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Moose View Post
SPOILER!!: Mariam, Nettie, Kaira, and Anna






At first it was fine an Older girl from his same house joined him in the boat. That wasn't so bad if others around his age joined him then it wouldn't feel very awkward. In fact he was sure the awkwardness would reverse onto the older girl for getting into a boat of younger students. "Hi." Mark said with a smile to her as she settled into her seat.

Who else. OH Nettie! Mark liked Nettie she was fun to be around, and she was only a year older than him. Wait no not like liked Nettie, maybe he just liked her. "H-hi, Nettie. Welcome aboard!" Heheh that was so dumb and awkward Mark covered his face with his hood a bit more. Maybe he'll go back to disguising his voice again.

Next in Line? a First year. Mark was there once, that was last term. What a weird term that was. Why was he acting awkward in his own thoughts?! C'mon man! Man up!! "S-sure. yeah the more the Merrier." Ah butts he forgot to disguise his voice. Too late now. Just be Mark as Mark as you can be.

Oh...so far it was a Ravenclaw Boat! That made Mark calm down a bit....nope

Who was this? The Gryffindor Captain? Uh...Anna? Mark supposed it was inevitable that his boat wasn't going to be full Ravenclaw. "Hi, Anna I'm Ma..." oh she was already moving on to start rowing, Okay. He grabbed at his oar too then looked at his fellow rowers. Was it on his command to start rowing that was his role as the coxswain to start the process right? Except he had oars too so maybe he wasn't in absolute command?

He looked again....Oh..oh Geeze his Boat was full of girls...Okay that's okay Mark nothing wrong with that. Why hesitate? "W-we can go now. If if you want to go. It's not on my command though, you know. I don't want to be the boss or anything. Just a suggestion." Ugh so much for Mark being as Mark as he could.

Anna was a Gryffindor and a Captain too. She could Captain the Boat instead of him. Please take command! Actually maybe the stern of the boat was on her end anyways. So she was at the front so yeah she was in command!! There, problem solved.


It hadn't occurred to him until he heard the Headmaster tell this Hufflepuff to not step into his boat that Mark would have felt a little less outnumbered. No he can be here with them! Please...Just make the boat a little bigger or something with your expert magic! Mark just gave the first year Hufflepuff an apologetic look as he was sent elsewhere to be on another boat.

Sorry.


Mariam was starting to think that she had indeed chosen the boat in which she would be the oldest by the mile within it, though had a slight sigh of relief that someone a little older joined them, regardless that it broke their streak of blue and bronze. Not that she had anything against younger years. A little more experience would have been ideal, but who knew, they could surprise her.

Plus, it was learning experience now and all that.

"Mariam," she said with a slight nod of her head to introduce herself. She'd gotten the names of Nettie and Anna, and a hint at the boy's name, but figured if she needed the rest... well, they were sitting right there if they found themselves gliding through dangerous waters. To go or not to go? That was indeed the question. Alas, the professor gave them their cue.

"Looks like zat is our green light." To go, that is, before they lost the professor. Grabbing the oar she'd be working with, she waited to begin so they'd be in sync with one another, at least up until...

Oh.

Which way... captain?
Roselyn is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 12:56 AM   #197 (permalink)


DMGS
Bicorn
 
Lottiepot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: *winks*
Posts: 16,856

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arlo Gibson
Ravenclaw
Third Year
Games & Sports

x12 x6
Default Stelaxjócaslan
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

SPOILER!!: Row row row your boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
Rolling the oar, Stella looked at Caolan and the others, biting her lip. She didn't like this, it was dark and they couldn't see a single thing. "I'm Stella." she said calmly watching the Headmaster's latern. Ok... his is shining brighter then all the others ones, she noticed that. She was going to say the one that went left was a fake and stay straight ahead.


"Ok... I think we should stay straight, but that's just me what do you guys think?" she asked them. Whatever decision they made she hoped that they decided quick before they lose the lanterns. This was going to be another great subject, yeah... out in god knows where in the dark and fog. Ok... she was really starting to think fighting the Red Caps was easier then this last term.

They had to work together on this, follow the Headmaster's light and voice, although that was easier said then done. Oh... how she was starting to hate this class, very much now. Although all she wanted to be was right on this, she didn't want to get lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
SPOILER!!: boatbuddies




Max hadn't even paid attention to who else had clambered on into their boat. They'd said their names.... but oops, he'd forgotten already. He had reached a whole new level of unimpressed and all the sloshing around in the lake really wasn't helping the whole full bladder situation.

He was doing the absolute most to try and avoid any manual labour AKA rowing. Oh, look at that over there. Oh, what was that behind them? Basically anything to avoid looking at the one kid who was using the paddley things.

In fact, he was so busy distracted with everything that wasn't actual class, that he didn't even notice there were now multiple lights in the distance. Until now. Until the small girl piped up. Great. Just perfect.

"I think you better be right because I'm gonna pee myself soon."
Just saying.


Despite not concentrating too much on what was happening around him he did happen to notice that Mr Prefect was not putting any effort into rowing whatsoever. So much for teamwork then, eh? He gave him a LOOK.

Caolan’s nose started to wrinkle when the prefect talked about needing to pee. Now all he could think about was going to toilet and all of a sudden despite not needing to just FIVE minutes ago HE needed to pee too!

Great!

Thank YOU lazy bloomin’ prefect whose name he did not know. He knew some people nicknamed the toilet ‘the bog’ but they didn’t have to take it THAT literally!! If they didn’t hurry up rowing there was going to be a puddle on the inside of the boat as well as the outside. He grumbled under his breath about needing to keep his legs crossed for the rest of the journey now instead of concentrating on what direction they should go.

“Yeah I’ll agree with the majority” he nodded at Stella who had actually bothered to introduce herself. She looked like the sort of person that would be paying attention. And the small kid, Lucas agreed too and young kids weren’t worn down by education enough yet so they almost always tried extra hard, right? Maybe not but at least Lucas was putting effort into rowing the boat unlike some people so he trusted his opinion more..
Lottiepot is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:17 AM   #198 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Shrake
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 12,936

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacoby Rivers
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nathaniel Flannagan
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley

Diagon Alley Employee:
Victoria Martin
Madam Malkin's

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ethan Howland
Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment
Default Zoryn, Igor, Torii, Steph
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | waddling baker | binge royalty ♚

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Zoryn literally didn’t even care who ended up in their boat anymore. She just wanted to take off. She gave Igor nothing more than a curt acknowledgement and shrugged at Patrick. Okay they had five. Could they go now ooooor?

Wait a minute. They had WAY too many underclassmen in their boat.

Was it too late to jump out and switch? Because Zoryn started leaning towards the edge and slowly began to life up her-- Dang it.

They were off. Right well, she wasn't going to let these chumps row on their own because a) her upper body strength was probably WAY better than all of theirs combined and b) she wanted to steer.

"ROW STRAIGHT."

She had made the executive decision. And also, she was just following Maxton's boat. He was pretty clueless, but Zoryn was like 75% sure that he normally received good marks.
Patrick’s eyes followed Zoryn’s movements as she looked to be trying to switch boats. Nah way too late for that. He figured he’d let her take the reigns cause he really hated these lightless classes.

Just as he got used to the rowing rythem the first light popped up. Great now was when it would become fun. Trying to follow the headmaster and not get burned. Great...

Hearing Zoryn y’all straight he just kept rowing... “just keep rowing, just keep rowing...” he started singing from his favorite movie from back home. Only this time he changed the words.
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:35 AM   #199 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,746

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default The S.S. DZDJ [Derf, Zach, Daisy, Josephine, & 1 more]
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: you three :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy was looking for an available boat when she heard Derf's voice. She carefully boarded the boat as she noticed that Derf had just spotted Chloe in a seemingly fully occupied boat. "Sorry that you couldn't join Chloe, Derf," she said in a sympathetic voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samia View Post
Memorising whatever the headmaster was saying - Zachary was following through, not answering and more listening because even though not underestimating the lesson itself (because hey, fireballs could be coming his way soon enough), he was a little disappointed that they were learning about these creatures.

Regardless, the tall sixth year was one of the last ones to reach the edge - so his only option was to follow the blonder than life head boy, and join his boat.

"thanks" he uttered as he stepped inside, noticing how Derf was holding the boat steady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppySara View Post
... She was morbid? More like thoughtful... and maybe paranoid that magical creatures would have the same liking for her as they had her father... Which was not very much and why she was lucky to have a pygmy puff, who admittedly sneezed on him all the time and it seemed to dislike a him as much as a little pink ball of floof could.

But that was besides the point... She grabbed one of the oars from the boat and looked at the others in hers, "I'm Josephine, by the way..." She gave a weak smile and looked at the ball of light blinking as more appeared and traded directions...

Meep... Hopefully someone here was better at keeping track of where to go.

Huh? Derf couldn't help but blink at Daisy when she said that because er, what? He wasn't sure whether it was a good thing or a bad thing that a simple glance could be read into so much. Though he reckoned he was sorta appreciative that Daisy paid that much attention to him. "Er...thanks?" he nodded skeptically while ruffling his hair.

Next to join was Zachary who, well, Derf could admire him as a quidditch player though he had never really had much of a conversation with him. Precisely zero conversation with him, to be exact. Closest her been those handshakes before and after matches. "No problem," he nodded as the Slytherin got into the boat, followed soon after by Josephine. "Welcome aboard, Josephine."

Once the last spot on their boat had been claimed [this is still open to someone who needs it!], the seventh year pushed with all his might to give the boat a bit of a nudge into the water and then hopped into it at the last possible second. The boat rocked a bit, but otherwise there was no danger. Save for this fog which was thick and like his grandma's pea soup. It made the light from the headmaster's lantern all the more difficult to see...plus the sea of heads belonging to his classmates occasionally blocking it. Not to mention that they too, the other boats, faded in and out of visibility with the fog.

........and then there were a few lights. Then none. Then a few. Then two. Then none. And then finally one settled into visibility. Derf was pretty sure his eyes, which were already struggling with this activity and he found himself wishing he had the glasses Stephanie had given him on him now, were playing tricks on him.

"Left!" Derf instructed, dipping his oar into the water to begin that shift.

__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 01-10-2019, 01:42 AM   #200 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,234

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement
x8 x8
Default Mary, Septimus, Malachi, Skylar and Camilus
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
Camilus was so excited to just get going. He noticed a boy who had been letting a girl join their boat, and hearing his name, he made his way over, not shy to hide his enthusiasm.

"Hi! I overheard your name, Septimus right? I'm Camilus, first year. Can I be the last recruit?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
Malachi gets into the boat and grabs an oar, honestly glad he was accepted. He turn to the others and smiles slightly. "My name is Malachi (pernounced mal-soft a-kai), nice to meet you all."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannash View Post
"Hi" Mary said. She was a quiet person, but the night was equally quiet, so she was pretty sure he could hear it. She looked forward, towards the other side. Having memories of the boat ride that brought her to the feast, Mary really hoped it would be quick. She looked back towards the bot that just sat down and hoped for not too much sociality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2111jen View Post
SPOILER!!: Septimus




As soon as Skyler took the oar, it was already time to move. Okay then, let's go.
"Thanks," she said and smiled slightly at her other boat mates. Whoops didn't realize they were there. Oh well, she decided to start rowing towards a light near them to see where they would lead, hopefully the others would take the hint...
The girl he had originally joined seemed okay with things albeit on the quiet and perhaps worried side. He made a note to keep an eye on her just in case. Septimus was wondering if they would have their five as other boats around them started to fill up from the remain students before a young Gryffindor spoke up calling his name. “Nice to meet you Camilus,” he said, responding to him, “Sure you can. All aboard,” he answered with a nod, handing out the last oar from their collection. “And you too,” he added to Malachi as the other boy chimed in. They were all set once they all came on board, just waiting on the headmaster to lead them on their way.

Alright, they were off!

Septimus set his oar carefully in the water and guided them away from the shore and after Professor Trent’s boat. That was the light they were supposed to be following after all. Just the light since the fog was getting thicker around it obscuring the man in question. Great. And there was another one. The fourth year kept an eye on the original one, doing his best to focus on it. They needed to go straight…not left. "Straight guys," he said aloud to make sure they were on the same page as they rowed. Straight on after the first light.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:17 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215