View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 08:28 AM   #52 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: replies
SPOILER!!: Calrissian
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Awkwardness? Don't know her. After the potion had worn off, she had just laughed the whole feast off in true Archer fashion.

Which meant that instead of avoiding certain people and all that mess like others, she entered the class positively cheery. "Good morning, Headmaster! Great feast last night," she greeted with an amused tone. She was amused, seeing all the awkwardness going around the room. Whoever had pulled that off deserved a round of applause. Truly a great prank. "Might not want the lights off, though...." 'Cause...you know.

Come to think of it, why were the lights all off? And why did it smell, feel and look like she had just stepped into a Louisiana swamp? Oh no, there weren't ALLIGATORS or CROCODILES in here, were there? Because, if there were, count Archer out. No way was she going into a swamp full of those things!

Great feast?

Well, he wasn't sure he'd consider it GREAT but teens had a way of finding pleasure in the worst things. This was probably an example of that. The Headmaster wouldn't even begin to consider the implication of her light statement. Again, not his business, and he didn't wanna know. Noooope. "The lights will remain off. Anyone who doesn't wanna risk injury will remain focused on the lesson and not each other." He replied with a casual, one shouldered shrug.

That was the official warning for everyone. Hopefully they were paying attention. Once the lesson started, it was serious business.

SPOILER!!: Ashburry-Hawthorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
His first night as Head Boy had been a complete disaster.

Honestly, he was expecting Professor Noble to call him into his office and strip him of his badge. Even with circumstances being out of his control - Dora had told him the food and drink in the Great Hall could be trusted! - the Hufflepuff was in a low. A real BAD low and not even his morning S.O.R.E jog had lifted his spirits all that much.

Sighing as he entered the classroom, Derf had another moment of 'oh dragon dung, I messed up again!' seeing the setting. Night time. Which meant he was late. Outside when he was meant to report to classroom....no wait. Blinking a few paces in to the entryway, he took those step back and walked his way out to double check that he had not entered some Upside Down Hogwarts or something. Hey, it had been a long couple of years at Hogwarts, you know? But no, the number was clearly there and nothing seemed OFF per say. Being thrown by this class being taught by the Headmaster was the least of his worries - save for, you know, badge stripping based on last night. Though thankfully his confusion over the setting had made him forget about all that.

As did the headmaster's words about watching his step. So this WAS real life. Charms though, yes, of course.

Relief washing entirely over him, Derf entered the room proper and took great pleasure in the sound of enchanted mud squishing underneath his shoes.

"Good day, headmaster," he greeted without a hint of anxiety now as he made his way over to stand by Chloe. "Hey," he grinned.

Well....no anxiety until he caught Zoryn out of the corner of his eye. Then his ears turned red and his gaze went to the ground.

In and out like an earlier student. Merlin he knew the setting was jarring but he didn't think he'd see it twice. For the record, it was as amusing the second time. If nothing else, at least they were alert. Acutely aware that the current setting was vastly outside of the norm even for a magical lesson.

Daytime until you walked inside. "Good day, Ashburry-Hawthorne." Like the Head Girl, he was so far basically the only name he knew and it was mostly because of the circumstances. Head Boy and Head Girl, his primary link to the students. If it took him a while to learn anyone else's name, he'd learned theirs. He'd learned a little extra about this one, but he was the sort to see things for himself and wouldn't prematurely hold anything against the young man. That feast, he didn't know he's bright idea it was, but it wasn't likely his and that was enough.

SPOILER!!: Starson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granger Danger View Post
Oh... no...

This can't be happening! She can't be late on her first day back!

Running towards the Defense against Dark Arts classroom as fast as her little legs would carry her. She wasn't going to be late for one of her favorite classes, that wasn't happening! Running through the crowd of students saying 'excuse me, sorry late for class!' Her robe flying around her she came towards the Defense against the Dark Arts classroom bresthing hard.

Whew... she made it and they haven't started yet, that was a good thing as she walked towards the Headmaster. "Good Morning sir, I'm sorry if I'm late." She felt horrible, she had a really bad headache and she woke up well... that was a bit of a secret between two best friends. Biting her lip she pushed that in the back of her mind, she'll worry about that later, now she had to focus on her what Headmaster Trent had for them.

......Okay then.

"You're not late." Just so she wouldn't have a full on heart attack after what he imagined was a mad dash to get here. "Take a breath, they're free." Malachi looked the girl over, uncertain he understood her rush. She owned a watch, yeah? No? There were a few clocks around the castle. "I do encourage better time awareness....might save you all....this, in future." She could have his watch if she wanted--he'd duplicate it.

Aaaaand it was time.

With a flick of his wand, the door to the defense classroom swung shut. At this point, it essentially disappeared, being disillusioned like it was. All around them, running in every direction, the bog stretched. It could easily have been mistaken for miles and miles of swamp like land.

"Gather round, gather round." He waited a moment for the ones further away to move closer. "Right then, first lesson you'll learn here, late students will not be permitted into the classroom. You've all found yourself on the right side of the door and it would do you well to keep finding yourself on the right side of it." At current, the door was sealed shut magically. It wouldn't open until it needed to be. "Nothing any of you need to concern yourself with today." No, they were present and accounted for.

With the door closed, the lantern in his hand was essentially the only light source. The cloud settling over the moon hadn't moved an inch. It would be doing them no favours this morning tonight.

"I'd like everyone to take a look around." It was obvious they weren't in a classroom at the moment, yes, but had they been taking any real note of their surroundings? How many of them considered the setting and were already actively thinking about the lesson's possibilities? Coming in and chatting with friends was alright (when kept in check), but surely it could wait. This was time for learning.

"Tell me an issue or outright danger you can run into while travelling through this sort of terrain, especially but not limited to it being nighttime." Basically, what could go wrong?

OOC: The class has officially begun! At this point, if you post your character arriving they will be punished. More to the point, the door is sealed shut so they wouldn't be able to get in. If you missed the arrivals, that's fine! Jump in and pretend your charrie was there the whole time. I'll be moving the class along in about 26 - 28 hours from the point of this post.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.