sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 58: May - August 2021


Term 58: May - August 2021 Term Fifty-Eight: Have Some Bread (Sept 2104 - June 2105)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2021, 05:27 PM
Samia Samia is online now
 
Default Herbology Lesson 2

On a lovely Thursday afternoon, Professor June is waiting inside Greenhouse Three for you - all the while tending to her colour changing roses and enjoying a cup of tea.

Your work stations have all been set up, a curious potted plant rests in the middle. The plant itself seems dormant, and a note next to it says: Do Not Touch........not yet least.


OOC: HELLO! And welcome back to Herbology. Hope you have read the rules, if not - please do so before posting. Class will begin soon <3

Class Progress:

Greetings + First Question
Mini Activity
Mini Activity
Main Activity
Old 07-09-2021, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
St Mungos Mod

DMAC & DMC
Crup
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 17,399

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Morgan Finn McCarthy
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Raini Youngbird
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Magical Creatures

x12 x5
Default
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Morgan wouldn't admit that he was excited for Herbology class because it was still class and who got excited for school? But he would admit that Herbology was one of his favorite classes and he wasn't dreading coming today. In fact, it looked like he was the first one down to the greenhouses. Huh. When did that ever happen?

"Sup, Professor?" Morgan greeted her cheerfully and went to find his usual seat. Do not touch...? Was she serious? Just the fact that he was told not to made him want to even more. He staaaared at the sign, then peeked up at the plant.
__________________

emjay is offline  
Old 07-09-2021, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,232

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

"Good morning, Professor," Violet called out as she hurried into Herbology class, thinking she was late. But no, it looked like class hadn't even started yet. Storing her things under the table, she looked curiously at the potted plant that rested there. Reading the note next to it, she drew back the finger that had just been reaching towards the plant--oh, she hated signs that said "Don't do something," because that just made her want to do it that much more.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 07-09-2021, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DIMC
Erkling
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 20,901

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Randall Stavros
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
x4 x1
Default
A Poop * k8 *

V enjoyed the professor, not the subject. But did she really enjoy school at all? So it was probably one of the lessons she least hated, but she WAS curious as to what Professor June was doing as she approached the greenhouse. So she didn't enter the greenhouse yet, but instead stopped right next to her.

"What are those?" she asked, gesturing to the roses. "Oh, they're so PRETTY, professor!" she squeaked with delight.
__________________
hiss.__________________________________________________ _BOOM.

hiss.
kayquilz is offline  
Old 07-09-2021, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 204,819

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

“Good afternoon, Professor,’’ Claudine greeted the busy woman. Um… were they going to annoy her with all the interruptions as she worked on those pretty roses? The girl knew that she would have been. Then again. Flamsteed wasn’t like that. “Those roses get prettier everyday, by the way.” And with that, Claudine slipped off to find herself a workstation.

Violet got a smile as she made her way to a station next to Morgan. They were distantly related, did he remember? In any case, she’d always liked him so… yeah. She was going to take a workstation right here. “Hi, Morgan.”

And hello there, potted plant.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 07-10-2021, 01:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,692

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Phoebe paused on her way into the greenhouse to admire the Professor's pretty roses. They were coming along so nicely, and she sort of wanted to stick her face into one of the bushes and take in the scent. She wasn't deterred by the thorns, but she was definitely not interested in getting in trouble with the professor for manhandling her flowers.

"Good day, Professor. The roses are beautiful." She dropped into a seat near Morgan and winked at him. "I know what you're thinking, and stifle those Gryffindor instincts."
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline  
Old 07-10-2021, 02:07 AM   #7 (permalink)


DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 11,090

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Misa Couture
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colin Roderick
Gringotts Wizarding Bank

Diagon Alley Employee:
Nicolas Couture
Cranville Quincey's Magical Junk Shop
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Misa strolled into the classroom. Visits to the Greenhouses reminded her of the gardens back home. Herbology wasn't her favorite class, but she did always look forward to it.

"Hello Professor." she greeted as she passed. She then took a seat, leaning curiously toward the potted plant. Hello there either new friend or potential enemy.
__________________
I'll Spend Forever Wondering If You Knew__________________________________

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
LilFox06 is offline  
Old 07-10-2021, 04:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 6,995

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Student Character:
Lisa Nam
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Lisa spotted the colour changing roses ans IMMEDIATELY thought of the time when Remy and her had tried to cut some. Oops. Diffindo had been the wrong choice of spell but luckily Noah’s super hyper sister (not Lisa- Scarlet) came to the rescue! And even if she’d been a bite rude about it, Lisa was VERY glad that they hadn’t cut all the flowers and destroyed them. Would have been a pity…

Anyway- the roses were beautiful. However, she wasn’t sure if that was what the lesson was going to be about because each of the workstations were set up without roses. It was a plotted plant in the middle of the table. She joined V’s table and gave her friend a smile. “Hey!” she greeted, hoping that what had happened in a previous class had been put to rest between the two of them. She really liked V after all- she just didn’t like the behaviour. That’s how her mother had coached her on how to phrase feedback like that… Lisa, of course, had been avoiding said conversation not because she didn’t like conflict but more because she didnt want to think of the next step after it.

Hi Professor!” she greeted before peering over the table to inspect the plant. “Is it… fragile or poisonous?
__________________
Watson is offline  
Old 07-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

WWW & Newbie Mod



DMC
Puffskein
 
Sunflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Motunui
Posts: 1,049

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Max Young
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Magical Creatures

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar
Quality Quidditch Supplies

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass
Default
books and cleverness | friendship and bravery

He hated to admit it, but Max was bad at Herbology. That obviously made him dislike the class, though he did not let it show. After all, he believed in the 'fake it till you make it' mindset. If he pretended to like and excel in Herbology (even if he had to cheat), he would truly improve someday, right? And yeah no, he did not have to be told to not touch a mysterious plant. He couldn't fake interest in that and risk losing a limb.

"Hello, Professor," he said to Professor Flamsteed before heading to his work station.
Sunflower is offline  
Old 07-10-2021, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,800

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Greenhouse Threeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Which one was that again? With the number of times he had been down here for class or otherwise, one would think that Atlas would have remembered what plants were in which but...alas.

"Afternoon!" He beamed at Auntie June as he entered only for his face fell towards one of despair as he saw the instructions NOT to touch the plant. Professors needed to stop putting big shiny red buttons in front of their students, did they know? At least he wasn't wearing a dinosaur outfit this time, although he was accompanied by his fellow t-rex to class.

Lamenting as he found a seat, the station just adjacent to the not-a-cry baby Slytherin and Lisa who both received small smiles, Atlas folded his arms on the table and set his chin on the back of his hands to just STARE at the plant. The staring did not last for too long though as he got his quill out and wiggled the feather end towards the plant. NOT touching it but rather wafting some air towards it..and maybe seeing if he could get it's attention? What did the plant DO?
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 07-10-2021, 02:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,315

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

Another day, another class that Ash had almost skipped. She had started skipping classes when she wasn't in the mood for dealing with people. Herbology was one of the first to go. But she was here today. Congratulations.

She took a seat by herself. "Good morning." She was here and she had spoken. Nobody could expect much more than that.
astrocat is online now  
Old 07-10-2021, 03:14 PM   #12 (permalink)


DMLE & DMGS
Welsh Green
 
Emzily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 24,552

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Remy Izith Gaeltheos
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Bette Arbutus
Law Enforcement

x5 x2
Default Sitting by Ash
Raspberry Jam | Ultimate Fangirl

Remy had skipped most of the way to the greenhouses, in good spirits this afternoon, especially after doing a little bit of studying earlier on in the morning. She was ready! Remy was excited to see the colour changing roses that Professor Flamsteed was tending to, although it brought back memories of when Scarlett Mordaunt showed her up in front of Lisa. Hopefully they weren’t learning the flip’n’swip - whatever charm today.

Upon entering greenhouse three, Remy spotted a few familiar faces which put a smile on her face. She smiled at Lisa, V, Atlas, and her newest friend, Ash. She paused and thought about who to sit beside, but decided that since Ash was sitting alone, she’d pick her. Remy smiled and said, “hey,” before shooting some longing looks at her other friends. Why did Ash choose to sit alone?

Good afternoon, Professor Flamsteed.” The Gryffindor greeted politely, setting her stuff in front of her.
__________________
you say that I’m kinda difficult
but it’s always someone else’s fault

Emzily is offline  
Old 07-10-2021, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,819

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Seventh Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

The first thing Heath noticed upon walking into Greenhouse Three was the color-changing roses, and he smiled to himself. He liked those flowers! They reminded him of a plant his brother used to have. Was that what they were doing today? He hoped so; that sounded like a really fun lesson! “Good afternoon, Professor Flamsteed,” he greeted, acknowledging the woman with a polite nod. “I like your roses.”

Dark eyes scanning the area, he spotted Claudine and beelined for a workstation near her. “Hi,” he said with a small smile. Oh, and hi to the two Gryffindors (Morgan & Phoebe) seated sort of nearish too! “Hey,” he added, nodding to each person in turn. As he arranged his supplies in front of him, he noticed the plant in the middle of the room. He eyed it with curiosity but made no move to touch it. He wasn’t stupid enough to touch something despite explicit instructions not to do so. That sign must be there for a reason!
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is online now  
Old 07-10-2021, 05:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,648

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Plants! Dahlia had a slight spring in her step as she made her way into greenhouse three. Herbology always put a smile on her face. It was one of the classes that came easy to her, well her knowledge of plants came easily. The spell work.. not so much lately but she was doing her best.

"Good afternoon, Professor! The roses are looking beautiful today, are we going to be working with them?" Color changing roses were so pretty! Not to mesmerizing. She could sit and stare at them all day long. The other plant that sat nearby caught her eye as well but it didn't keep her attention for very long. Not yet anyhow.

Turns to find herself an empty seat and sits down, taking out her things for the lesson.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is online now  
Old 07-11-2021, 09:06 PM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Privet Drive Mod





DMLE & DoM
Erkling
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,850

Hogwarts RPG Name:
June Flamsteed
Graduated

Student Character:
Aries Flamsteed
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
Mysteries
x5
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

SPOILER!!: greetings
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Morgan wouldn't admit that he was excited for Herbology class because it was still class and who got excited for school? But he would admit that Herbology was one of his favorite classes and he wasn't dreading coming today. In fact, it looked like he was the first one down to the greenhouses. Huh. When did that ever happen?

"Sup, Professor?" Morgan greeted her cheerfully and went to find his usual seat. Do not touch...? Was she serious? Just the fact that he was told not to made him want to even more. He staaaared at the sign, then peeked up at the plant.
"Absolutely nothing and everything, Mr McCarthy" June replied with a beam before taking a sip of her tea. It wasn't even a lie. Because while everything seemed to be perfectly still, something was glaringly off at the same time. She just couldn't put her finger on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
"Good morning, Professor," Violet called out as she hurried into Herbology class, thinking she was late. But no, it looked like class hadn't even started yet. Storing her things under the table, she looked curiously at the potted plant that rested there. Reading the note next to it, she drew back the finger that had just been reaching towards the plant--oh, she hated signs that said "Don't do something," because that just made her want to do it that much more.
She wasn't late, not at all.

June smiled at the young girl - before very quickly assessing how distracted the Slytherin was. "I think you mean 'Afternoon', Miss Blackthorne. Morning is very much behind us" she chuckled.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
V enjoyed the professor, not the subject. But did she really enjoy school at all? So it was probably one of the lessons she least hated, but she WAS curious as to what Professor June was doing as she approached the greenhouse. So she didn't enter the greenhouse yet, but instead stopped right next to her.

"What are those?" she asked, gesturing to the roses. "Oh, they're so PRETTY, professor!" she squeaked with delight.
Look at that. Someone NOTICED.

"Oh, aren't they?? Color Changing Roses" June replied immediately before gesturing the girl closer. "Just as the name suggest, they change colors - the professors before me planted them - I am just doing my best to tend to them" It was therapeutic really.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
“Good afternoon, Professor,’’ Claudine greeted the busy woman. Um… were they going to annoy her with all the interruptions as she worked on those pretty roses? The girl knew that she would have been. Then again. Flamsteed wasn’t like that. “Those roses get prettier everyday, by the way.” And with that, Claudine slipped off to find herself a workstation.

Violet got a smile as she made her way to a station next to Morgan. They were distantly related, did he remember? In any case, she’d always liked him so… yeah. She was going to take a workstation right here. “Hi, Morgan.”

And hello there, potted plant.
"Afternoon, Miss Blaze. Mhm, they do." June smiled at the girl before turning back to Miss Gellar - in case she wanted to help with the roses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Phoebe paused on her way into the greenhouse to admire the Professor's pretty roses. They were coming along so nicely, and she sort of wanted to stick her face into one of the bushes and take in the scent. She wasn't deterred by the thorns, but she was definitely not interested in getting in trouble with the professor for manhandling her flowers.

"Good day, Professor. The roses are beautiful." She dropped into a seat near Morgan and winked at him. "I know what you're thinking, and stifle those Gryffindor instincts."
"A very good day indeed, Miss James," June mused - all the while gently plucking out a few dead leaves from here and there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Misa strolled into the classroom. Visits to the Greenhouses reminded her of the gardens back home. Herbology wasn't her favorite class, but she did always look forward to it.

"Hello Professor." she greeted as she passed. She then took a seat, leaning curiously toward the potted plant. Hello there either new friend or potential enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Lisa spotted the colour changing roses ans IMMEDIATELY thought of the time when Remy and her had tried to cut some. Oops. Diffindo had been the wrong choice of spell but luckily Noah’s super hyper sister (not Lisa- Scarlet) came to the rescue! And even if she’d been a bite rude about it, Lisa was VERY glad that they hadn’t cut all the flowers and destroyed them. Would have been a pity…

Anyway- the roses were beautiful. However, she wasn’t sure if that was what the lesson was going to be about because each of the workstations were set up without roses. It was a plotted plant in the middle of the table. She joined V’s table and gave her friend a smile. “Hey!” she greeted, hoping that what had happened in a previous class had been put to rest between the two of them. She really liked V after all- she just didn’t like the behaviour. That’s how her mother had coached her on how to phrase feedback like that… Lisa, of course, had been avoiding said conversation not because she didn’t like conflict but more because she didnt want to think of the next step after it.

Hi Professor!” she greeted before peering over the table to inspect the plant. “Is it… fragile or poisonous?
"Hello Hello" June greeted both the girls back distractedly as she pulled out a wild thorn digging into a branch next to it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
He hated to admit it, but Max was bad at Herbology. That obviously made him dislike the class, though he did not let it show. After all, he believed in the 'fake it till you make it' mindset. If he pretended to like and excel in Herbology (even if he had to cheat), he would truly improve someday, right? And yeah no, he did not have to be told to not touch a mysterious plant. He couldn't fake interest in that and risk losing a limb.

"Hello, Professor," he said to Professor Flamsteed before heading to his work station.
JUUUST as she was done, another student walked in. Smiling at the young ravenclaw, June pulled off her gloves, "Hello, good day so far, Mr Young?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Greenhouse Threeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Which one was that again? With the number of times he had been down here for class or otherwise, one would think that Atlas would have remembered what plants were in which but...alas.

"Afternoon!" He beamed at Auntie June as he entered only for his face fell towards one of despair as he saw the instructions NOT to touch the plant. Professors needed to stop putting big shiny red buttons in front of their students, did they know? At least he wasn't wearing a dinosaur outfit this time, although he was accompanied by his fellow t-rex to class.

Lamenting as he found a seat, the station just adjacent to the not-a-cry baby Slytherin and Lisa who both received small smiles, Atlas folded his arms on the table and set his chin on the back of his hands to just STARE at the plant. The staring did not last for too long though as he got his quill out and wiggled the feather end towards the plant. NOT touching it but rather wafting some air towards it..and maybe seeing if he could get it's attention? What did the plant DO?
Oh the nephews had also arrived. It was definitely time to begin the lesson. "Hello, Atlas" she smiled at the boy and his twin before eying the clock nearby.

Five more minutes?


Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Another day, another class that Ash had almost skipped. She had started skipping classes when she wasn't in the mood for dealing with people. Herbology was one of the first to go. But she was here today. Congratulations.

She took a seat by herself. "Good morning." She was here and she had spoken. Nobody could expect much more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
Remy had skipped most of the way to the greenhouses, in good spirits this afternoon, especially after doing a little bit of studying earlier on in the morning. She was ready! Remy was excited to see the colour changing roses that Professor Flamsteed was tending to, although it brought back memories of when Scarlett Mordaunt showed her up in front of Lisa. Hopefully they weren’t learning the flip’n’swip - whatever charm today.

Upon entering greenhouse three, Remy spotted a few familiar faces which put a smile on her face. She smiled at Lisa, V, Atlas, and her newest friend, Ash. She paused and thought about who to sit beside, but decided that since Ash was sitting alone, she’d pick her. Remy smiled and said, “hey,” before shooting some longing looks at her other friends. Why did Ash choose to sit alone?

Good afternoon, Professor Flamsteed.” The Gryffindor greeted politely, setting her stuff in front of her.
June was hardly in the mood for grump. But fortunately, she was distracted enough to not notice Miss Fox's vibe, but she definitely did not notice her greeting though, "It's afternoon, Miss Fox. Hopefully you'll be more aware when the lesson begins" June chuckled before turning her head to look at Miss Gaeltheos walk in.

"Afternoon, Remy"
she greeted the girl and moved to the centre of the room.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
The first thing Heath noticed upon walking into Greenhouse Three was the color-changing roses, and he smiled to himself. He liked those flowers! They reminded him of a plant his brother used to have. Was that what they were doing today? He hoped so; that sounded like a really fun lesson! “Good afternoon, Professor Flamsteed,” he greeted, acknowledging the woman with a polite nod. “I like your roses.”

Dark eyes scanning the area, he spotted Claudine and beelined for a workstation near her. “Hi,” he said with a small smile. Oh, and hi to the two Gryffindors (Morgan & Phoebe) seated sort of nearish too! “Hey,” he added, nodding to each person in turn. As he arranged his supplies in front of him, he noticed the plant in the middle of the room. He eyed it with curiosity but made no move to touch it. He wasn’t stupid enough to touch something despite explicit instructions not to do so. That sign must be there for a reason!
Oh! One of the favourites had arrived. One more minute and June was deinitely starting this lesson. "Thank you, Mr Jones. Good of you to join us. Settle down quickly now"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Plants! Dahlia had a slight spring in her step as she made her way into greenhouse three. Herbology always put a smile on her face. It was one of the classes that came easy to her, well her knowledge of plants came easily. The spell work.. not so much lately but she was doing her best.

"Good afternoon, Professor! The roses are looking beautiful today, are we going to be working with them?" Color changing roses were so pretty! Not to mesmerizing. She could sit and stare at them all day long. The other plant that sat nearby caught her eye as well but it didn't keep her attention for very long. Not yet anyhow.

Turns to find herself an empty seat and sits down, taking out her things for the lesson.
It was time, June decided. Just as Dahlia slipped inside - the herbology waved her wand to shut the door after her. "Just in time, Miss Donovan" she smiled at the girl before tapping her wand at the station in front of her to get everyone's attention.


Once everyone had settled in, June shut the door and moved behind her own station. "First and foremost, thank you for showing restrain - and not touching the plant ... just yet" The brunette chuckled - looking pointedly at the few gryffindors around, especially her own nephews. Was Aries trying to sniff the pot?

...

Ignoring the disaster-in-making for now, June began, "I promise - I won't stop you all for long. But before we get into that, answer me this, can you tell me about plants that are always difficult to handle - and what are the ways we can handle them?"



OOC: Thank you for being here, guys. First question up, will hopefully move the class along in 14-16 hours.
__________________

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Samia is online now  
Old 07-11-2021, 09:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,315

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

"Oops." But like, not really. Her tone of voice didn't suggest that she really cared at all what time of day it was. Actually, it suggested that she didn't care at all and wasn't planning on caring anytime soon. Ash looked away, then noticed Remy standing by her. What for? Why wouldn't she go stand with her other, happier friends? Um. Okay. She softly said "Hey..." She "smiled" too, almost as an afterthought.

Lesson stuff. Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

"Angel's Trumpets and Oleanders are completely poisonous. They will mess you up if you ingest it. Oh, and also you will die. So, uh, wear gloves I guess, and don't rub your eyes or eat anything. Or just don't go near it." Or... take your chances and eat a bunch. Haha.
astrocat is online now  
Old 07-11-2021, 11:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 204,819

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Right.

So Claudine was all set for the lesson. Her gaze kept travelling to those roses, however. Had the lesson not been about to start, she’d have started a sketch of them. Still, it could be done from memory… and so, Claudine decided to make this her next art project. She looked around as Heath joined her. “Hi, you,’’ she told him, smiling brightly.

When Flamsteed got started, Claudine eyed the potted plant before her. She was curious about it but not that curious to want to go against the woman’s words and touch it. Anyway. With regard to the questions, the girl raised a hand. “The Venomous Tentacula’s vines will actually come alive to grab its targets. I think stunning the Tentaculas’ help when dealing with them.”
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 07-12-2021, 12:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,692

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

The professor was being terribly modest about her roses, although Phoebe wasn't horribly fussed about it. There were things that Phoebe found almost second nature when they went well and only surprising when they flopped, and perhaps beautiful roses fell in that category for Professor Flamsteed.

Or not, but regardless, if the professor wanted to move, they would move along.

Dangerous plants were much more interesting, anyway. "There are plants that are absolutely deadly to touch with your bare hands or exposed skin. You could probably handle them just fine with gloves or the right charms or... maybe just not touching them is best."
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline  
Old 07-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,819

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Seventh Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath nodded in reply to Professor Flamsteed. As instructed, he quickly arranged his note-taking supplies on the workstation in front of him. He saw Claudine's bright smile out of the corner of his eye, and he had just enough time to return it with a small smile of his own before the lesson began. He focused on the professor, though his eyes momentarily darted to the plant at the mention of it. It seemed fairly obvious that the plant was dangerous, if the do not touch note and the first question were anything to go on, but how was it dangerous?

He supposed he'd find out soon enough. For now, he tried to come up with an answer to the question. Others had already touched on plants that were harmful if touched or ingested, so what else could he say? He thought of the remaining three senses. Was there a plant that was dangerous because of its looks? Or smell? Or sound? Suddenly a thought occurred to him, and his hand went up. "Would the mandrake count as difficult to handle?" he said. "It's certainly dangerous, as the cry of an adult is fatal. One way to protect yourself when handling mandrakes is to wear earmuffs." Then he thought of something else and added, "Would spells like Silencio and Muffliato also be useful with mandrakes?"
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is online now  
Old 07-12-2021, 09:11 AM   #20 (permalink)


DMLE & DIMC
Ramora
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 5,528

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lydia Anni Wolff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Whitney Jo Quartermaine
International Cooperation
x7 x4
Default
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter| U-NA-GI

Annndddd Dia was going to go a totally different direction with her answer. "Usually plants develop their more.....difficult tendencies as a defense mechanism. Like roses have thorns to keep people from picking them, not that they help any. And Venus flytraps eat bugs before the bugs can eat them." Right? Right.

Of course, the same things could be said about people too.....
__________________
lazykitty is offline  
Old 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #21 (permalink)

WWW & Newbie Mod



DMC
Puffskein
 
Sunflower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Motunui
Posts: 1,049

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Max Young
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson Coleman
Magical Creatures

Diagon Alley Employee:
Camilo Aguilar
Quality Quidditch Supplies

Diagon Alley Employee:
Tabatha Krauss
Janus Galloglass
Default
books and cleverness | friendship and bravery

Max nodded to the professor in response to her friendly question. Yes, good day so far, super chill … being helpless in this class would ruin his day though. He groaned inwardly when the lesson began and the first discussion question was given. “Plants that are always difficult to handle” - so, like, all plants? If this potted plant on his work station was an especially challenging one to take care of, he would surely fail at the task prepared.

Still, he could offer an answer to the question, since his theoretical knowledge of Herbology wasn’t too bad. “The Devil’s Snare is difficult to handle, because it tries to strangle anything that touches it. You’ve got to relax in order to be in its vicinity … and give it some heat and light,” or a damp and dark environment, if you wanted to make it grow well. The definition of “handling” a plant would vary depending on who you spoke to - a Herbologist, or Max Young.
Sunflower is offline  
Old 07-12-2021, 01:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,648

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Renner Eraos Tobias Thanatos
Sugarplum's Sweet Shop

Diagon Alley Employee:
Colwyn Aeron Johanson
Eeyclops Owl Emporium
x12
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Lia smiled warmly. Arriving with a little time to spare and get settled before a lesson was just perfect for her. She liked having time to get her things out for the class but not enough time to get bored. It looked like she timed things just perfect today.

Oooh, they were talking about difficult to work with plants?! This was going to be interesting. Straightening up more in her seat, Lia's eyes wandered towards the other plant for a moment as she gave thought on the question before raising her hand. "There's the Dendrocnide moroides also known as the Gympie Gympie. Just brushing against it's leaves can cause severe pain and kill you rather quickly. It has hundreds of tiny venomous needles that it stings with and the pain can last months and return years later even after seeking medical help.." she paused for a moment. "It causes eye and nose irritation too so gloves and bubblehead charm might be useful, as well protective clothing." Or just staying very far away from the plant all together.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is online now  
Old 07-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #23 (permalink)



DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Deezerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 7,409

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Baltazar-Dos Santos
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Angelo C. Alvarez
Law Enforcement
x8
Default
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

Serena was mostly distracted by the color changing roses when the lesson began. Her grandmum has a huuuuge garden and in a spot she had color changes roses, too. Serena was allowed to touch them, but they were always fun to guess.

Switching her attention to the pot, the redhead tilted her head to the side. Please, let it be something fun. All of her textbook studies had become a little boring lately. She's improved a lot and Serena was ready for more challenges.

She enjoyed herbology discussions, though. A lot of it tied into potions, and the more information she absorbed, the more she learned. For this question, Serena had a lot of answers, but settled for one. She raised her hand. "Poisonous plants are some of them. Take aconite. It's leaves are extremely toxic, so typically it should be handled by gloved hands or levitation charms."

The first time Serena had stumbled upon aconite flowers was in the woods near her home, on a walk with her dad. They had been searching for potion ingredients when she saw pretty sprigs of purple. She knew by then not to touch plants without gloves (dad 101 rules for collecting potion ingredients), so she simply admired. Then her dad explained what they were and their use for the wolfsbane potion. They had gathered a bunch that day.
__________________
Deezerz is offline  
Old 07-12-2021, 09:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
St Mungos Mod

DMAC & DMC
Crup
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 17,399

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Morgan Finn McCarthy
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Raini Youngbird
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy
Magical Creatures

x12 x5
Default
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Morgan had said hello to both Claudine and Heath as they sat near him, then turned to Phoebe on the other side of him. "But... the sign.." he whispered to her. She had to know how tempting it was. He probably wouldn't have thought about it if there hadn't been that sign.... well, no that probably wasn't true. He probably still would have wanted to inspect it being on their table.

But class was starting now and Morgan looked up as he thought about an answer. He actually did know quite a bit about plants, but as he waited to be called on while others answered, he had to narrow down his thoughts as others said things he was also thinking of.

"There are lots of flesh-eating plants," he said, figuring those would be labelled as 'difficult to handle,' especially as a few mentioned a couple "Like the snargaluff which has thorns and could eat you. Those are probably the most difficult to handle." Or flesh-eaters in general, he meant, since most people didn't want to become a plant's meal. "But there are also plants like poison oak and poison ivy that can give people a rash." Still difficult to handle, but more of a nuisance than a danger.
__________________

emjay is offline  
Old 07-12-2021, 11:23 PM   #25 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 6,995

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Student Character:
Lisa Nam
Second Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Lisa opted to listen to her classmates answers, nodding along occasionally as they spoke. Max got a smile. Not because of what he was talking about cause Devil’s Snare was scary and did not deserve a smile but he got a smile cause he was NICE.

She did visibly shiver at the plant that Lia had mentioned. Walking past it and you could….. die? She gulped. Yeah, no thanks… she’d stay inside and away from that kind of plant. She’d have to ask Lia where one could find those plants so she could permanently avoid them.

An example of a plant that is dangerous to handle would be Venomous Tentacula. It can grab things and people….
__________________
Watson is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:19 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212