sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era


Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2018, 10:25 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Upper Level Lifts


*click for live version*

It’s true, the rattle and clang of the lift as it goes frontways, backways, sideways, and the good old fashioned up and down may be annoying. It may make you grind your teeth in a way that will make your dentist recommend you wear a mouth guard at night healer recommend some Skele-gro. At least you have those spirited elevator music renditions of show tunes playing in the background as you travel about the Ministry to keep you company? And, at least the lifts have been restored.

Those of approved blood status traveling though the Ministry of Magic via the lifts have now found themselves somewhere in the midst of the upper levels. Choose a number (one, two, or three) and you'll be dropped off on the level of your choice!
Old 04-25-2019, 07:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & MO
Norwegian Ridgeback
 
RandomRaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nutella Jar (GMT+7)
Posts: 44,836

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7
Default
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


Her politeness was one of the things had endeared Miss Burton to him, genuine he had figured out over time. That and her willingness to work. She took her added assignment in stride and didn’t think herself better than it. Definitely put her above some of the other YATIs he had worked with over the years in his mind. With her on board, Simon nodded and turned to lead her to the first place they would be looking into for this assignment.

“Well there are several different types of spells that go into the perimeter security of the Ministry of Magic,” he said, answering her question, or at least starting to as they headed out of the office. “Those meant to keep the workers inside safe and to keep those on the other side the same way.” With some of the matters the ministry dealt with, like mutants and mind-controlling brains and altered plants, both were greatly needed. “As well as keeping wizards and muggles alike from entering the place against our will.”
Being a YATI for more than 3 years had made her realized like she was the bottom of auror chain, the lowest level of all, nobody. And not to mention she was a repeater so clearly there's nothing she should be bragging. Yes, at some certain point Ava would think that she was better than anyone else, but not when she was at work. Following the head of security, now they're heading to the lift. It looked like they would head downstairs to the atrium.

The YATI kept listening to Simon while nodding along, trying to be familiar with the topics. She did know about some spells that worked as a barrier to conceal the wizarding world from muggle area, including the protecting and muggle-repelling charm. "Do we look into the perimeter regularly?" Curiously she asked.
__________________
a bold and decisive person, who's not afraid of making a little mess,
you might be impulsive, and you stand out from the crowd, you are...
RandomRaven is offline  
Old 05-06-2019, 12:01 AM   #3 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,234

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement
x8 x8
Default
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
Being a YATI for more than 3 years had made her realized like she was the bottom of auror chain, the lowest level of all, nobody. And not to mention she was a repeater so clearly there's nothing she should be bragging. Yes, at some certain point Ava would think that she was better than anyone else, but not when she was at work. Following the head of security, now they're heading to the lift. It looked like they would head downstairs to the atrium.

The YATI kept listening to Simon while nodding along, trying to be familiar with the topics. She did know about some spells that worked as a barrier to conceal the wizarding world from muggle area, including the protecting and muggle-repelling charm. "Do we look into the perimeter regularly?" Curiously she asked.
Simon had been brushing over a few of the spells as they made their way down from the office to the lifts, the young woman’s attention seeming fairly focused as she nodded along. At her question, it was his turn to nod to the affirmative before speaking aloud. “Yes we do…” he answered as the door finally opened for the lift, the security man motioning for Ava to enter before him.

“It’s incredibly useful for regular checks because it gives us a better opportunity to see abnormalities sooner before a full issue develops.” Simon moving to follow her in after so they could be on their way. “Randomly of course, so potential troublemaker can plan ahead. We don’t all want to be locked out of the Ministry again.” That situation had been a nightmare with the departments spread all over the metro London area and Security pulled thin to accommodate everything.
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline  
Old 05-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & MO
Norwegian Ridgeback
 
RandomRaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nutella Jar (GMT+7)
Posts: 44,836

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mikey Goh
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Burton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
He Shang-Wu
Minister's Office
x7
Default
BOOMBAYAH! | #PuedoPorquePiensoQuePuedo | Certified Blank and Random Person | Raventastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post


Simon had been brushing over a few of the spells as they made their way down from the office to the lifts, the young woman’s attention seeming fairly focused as she nodded along. At her question, it was his turn to nod to the affirmative before speaking aloud. “Yes we do…” he answered as the door finally opened for the lift, the security man motioning for Ava to enter before him.

“It’s incredibly useful for regular checks because it gives us a better opportunity to see abnormalities sooner before a full issue develops.” Simon moving to follow her in after so they could be on their way. “Randomly of course, so potential troublemaker can plan ahead. We don’t all want to be locked out of the Ministry again.” That situation had been a nightmare with the departments spread all over the metro London area and Security pulled thin to accommodate everything.
She kept her eyes on the security head. Obviously not for stalking reason heh, Ava needed to catch up about this task so observing Simon Bennet was the key. "Thank you, sir." She smiled and nodded as entered the elevator. Right, so the perimeter was being checked regularly. "How regular? Do we check that every month or at the certain time?" She asked. The YATI wasn't sure if she was already employed or not by the time the lockout happened, but yeah it was not a good thing.

"So now, I guess we're going to start checking around the atrium?" Because she thought that's the main access to enter the ministry building, right?

__________________
a bold and decisive person, who's not afraid of making a little mess,
you might be impulsive, and you stand out from the crowd, you are...
RandomRaven is offline  
Old 05-10-2019, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)


DMLE & DMT
Merperson
 
Holmesian Feline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baker Street
Posts: 29,234

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Septimus Hadley-Nairne
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement
x8 x8
Default Atrium next
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
She kept her eyes on the security head. Obviously not for stalking reason heh, Ava needed to catch up about this task so observing Simon Bennet was the key. "Thank you, sir." She smiled and nodded as entered the elevator. Right, so the perimeter was being checked regularly. "How regular? Do we check that every month or at the certain time?" She asked. The YATI wasn't sure if she was already employed or not by the time the lockout happened, but yeah it was not a good thing.

"So now, I guess we're going to start checking around the atrium?" Because she thought that's the main access to enter the ministry building, right?

“You’re welcome,” Simon stated simply to her thanks, following her inside. The gate closing a few moments later once it was clear no one else was joining them. “Yep…our first spot,” he answered as he made sure the lift was heading that way as it started moving, his hand absently grabbing the strap as it jerked. “All levels of the Ministry technically have an outer barrier with Muggle London,” As they had proved by digging through the nearby restaurant to get into the Minister’s office back then, “ but the atrium definitely has the most connections from more angles.”

Above…from the side…below if one went deep enough.

Through the floo network and the visitor lifts and the toilets.

“It’s why it’s the most watched, even more so sometimes then Level One or Nine.” Though after the brain incidents, he had upped his Mysteries checks. Soon enough, the box was slowing and coming up to the familiar landing, its gate opening once it had stopped. "After you..."
__________________
Holmesian Feline is offline  
Old 03-31-2020, 12:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 751

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

Another day, another to-do list of things to accomplish around the Ministry! It was a good thing you have the lifts to carry you from place to place, making your travel times within the Ministry walls much faster than if you were to go by foot.

As you approach the lift and press the button to send the lift to the doors you stand before, the button doesn't light up. If you happen to try it again and again, it still doesn't light up. And even if you wait around for a few minutes to see if the lift appears, it... does not.

The lift seems to be quite broken, doesn't it? I suppose that to-do list is going to take a bit longer today, isn't it?

Oh, and if you happen to be IN one of the lifts while it suddenly stops working... Well, good luck getting out.
__________________
The Announcer is offline  
Old 03-05-2021, 02:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Giant
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 57,260

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cornelia Hemlock
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

x8 x8
Default Scott / k8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Things at the Ministry were certainly on the up and up. The changes that had been made were certainly an improvement, and Dante embraced them with open arms. In the Obliviator world, things had changed considering there really wasn't much need to wipe Muggle memories; they had no reason to hide who they were anymore. Nevertheless, the removal of memories was still needed for one reason or another, all for the greater good.

His work at this moment, however, did not have to do with his Head Obliviator position. The role he was currently acting under was arguably more important. With change came some unnecessary backlash, which was why it was important that those who did not fit the status quo were brought into the light and swiftly taken care of.

All of this was at the forefront of his mind as he stepped onto the lift. He only had to go up one level as he was fully intent on locating one Scott Ferguson. They had important work to do.
__________________


Last edited by Zoe; 03-05-2021 at 03:44 AM.
Zoe is offline  
Old 03-07-2021, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DIMC
Erkling
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 20,763

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Randall Stavros
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
x4 x1
Default
A Poop * k8 *

The changes around the ministry were horrifying, weren't they? But no one would think Scottie thought so. He was positively cheerful lately. He was even HUMMING at work. Humming. Logan had even passed comments about his good mood.

His spirits seemed to be soaring, yes????????

It was while he was checking his insanely cool watch Logan had gifted him about a year ago now that he nearly stepped into the lifts before noticing the man who had left them. The one. THE ONLY.

"Dante Zabini. I was just...coming to find you," Scottie said with an easy grin as he touched his magical watch, and some of its noisier features quieted. It was extremely useful lately. Very useful indeed. "Imagine that," he held out his hand for the other man to shake. Was that weird? Scottie had always been a little awkward, but receeeeeeent developments in his life had made him a little less socially odd. Or more so, depending on who ya' asked.
__________________
STOP. DROP. Shut 'em and open up SHOP.
kayquilz is offline  
Old 03-10-2021, 03:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMAC
Giant
 
Zoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 57,260

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cornelia Hemlock
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

x8 x8
Default
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Already Dante wasn't totally impressed with the security officer, even if he had proved to be like an obedient dog for Goldwasser. The fact that Scott Ferguson greeted him by his first name didn't help matters any, nor did his apparent cheerfulness. The Head Obliviator held his tongue and simply smiled, however. They both were pure, and they both would be working closely together for the cause. He would play along with pleasantries for those reasons.

"Just Zabini is fine, Ferguson," he commented cooly. He didn't want the young man thinking they were equals by any means and that they were on a first-name basis, certainly not with their current roles in mind. The security officer, after all, would be answering and reporting to him now when it comes to matters of genealogical investigation.

The hand went ignored as he found it entirely unnecessary. There were more important matters that needed addressing, which didn't involve shaking hands. "Is there anywhere more private we can talk? I trust Mr. Goldwasser has updated you on the fact that I will be heading the special team he put together, yes?"
__________________

Zoe is offline  
Old 03-11-2021, 12:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DIMC
Erkling
 
kayquilz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bikini Bottom
Posts: 20,763

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Victoria Gellar
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement

Diagon Alley Employee:
Randall Stavros
Weasley's Wizard Wheezes
x4 x1
Default
A Poop * k8 *

Well, well, well.

This one was a character, wasn't he? Scottie could gather everything he needed to assess Zabini's character from this brief interaction. Wanting to be referred to by his surname? Weird. WEIRDO. Scottie found that the attribute of someone with a WAND stuck up the rear, yes? Uptight. Which was fat, coming from Scottie of all people, but even Scottie wasn't so stuck up as to expect to be called by his surname all the time. Though, that could be a biased opinion. He was trying to make his OWN name for himself and not ride the coattails of his father. "Zabini it is," he smiled and nodded, pulling his hand back casually.

A man who didn't like handshakes? Or rather, maybe he just didn't want to shake Scottie's hand. Hmmmm. Interesting.

"Yes, of course. Uh - " he glanced around. "We can head into the pensieve room - hardly anyone talks in there. The conference room could be private, but.....people are holding meetings in and out of there all day." He turned to head toward the reception of Level Two before leading Zabini toward the evidence and pensieve room.
__________________
STOP. DROP. Shut 'em and open up SHOP.
kayquilz is offline  
Old 03-25-2021, 12:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Admin
Forum Manager
Events Admin

DERP & DMT
Demiguise
 
Tegz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Hobbiton
Posts: 24,335

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Pax Calypso Upstead
Sixth Year

Student Character:
Testy McTesterson
Seventh Year
Slytherin

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testina McTesterson
McTesterstons

Diagon Alley Employee:
Testy McTesterson Senior
McTestersons

x12 x12
Default hearing the 'splosions! And the lift goes craaazy
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Of course Stella didn't go and fight. Instead of that she had stayed at the ministry, though she knew that Simone had gone. Of course she had, her so-called boss, whom Stella had been silently compiling information on for months now. As the woman's personal assistant, she had had more access to certain information than most, but Stella had also made it fairly clear to Simone, that she was looking the other way. Looking the other way did not, however, mean that she hadn't been listening.

It was better to stay in the know, to be better equipped to protect yourself after all. She figured either the Neo-Alliance would lose, and she could volunteer herself as a witness and give over evidence, or they would win and she could continue in her job. It was helpful when you were a pureblood and had that luxury.

She had simply been returning to the office when all of a sudden--


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
BOOM!
The jukebox exploded in a spray of shrapnel, fire, and loud musical noises that likely shook a good portion of the 1st and 2nd floors of the Ministry (if not more). Like a spark to try tinder other parts of the room quickly erupted in flames.
-the lift she was in shot down, fast. Or was it up? When a lift was magical it wasn't always easy to tell how things were going wrong, or in which direction. Stella gripped the rail, eyes fixating on the arrow going crazy on the level display, and then just as suddenly the lift stopped with a jerk, throwing her backwards onto her bum, though thankfully she was still holding the railing and didn't go far.

"Ouille!" She exclaimed under her breath. Level one. The door opened in front of her and... was that smoke?
__________________



love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you
Tegz is offline  
Old 04-18-2021, 06:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,641

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default Ariana/Tomasz
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Gabriel found himself at the Ministry much more frequently these days. He had his normal training, yes, but he'd also taken to following on patrols as much as possible, going above and beyond the YATI curriculum. All so he could get out of his flat, where his Ma was likely to turn up at any time.

She needed to go bother Isabella or Rafael, and leave him alone for a change.

So here he was, grabbing a lift up to Level 2 for another day avoiding his mother at the office. Maybe he'd catch one of the Aurors heading out for patrol to tag along. Or something. Who knew? He entered the lift and pressed the "2" for level two and waited for the doors to close.
__________________
Waddles is offline  
Old 04-19-2021, 01:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod



DMLE & DMT
Shrake
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: fb9912|77b5fe|c21e56
Posts: 12,545

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Kinsay James
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Gabriel found himself at the Ministry much more frequently these days. He had his normal training, yes, but he'd also taken to following on patrols as much as possible, going above and beyond the YATI curriculum. All so he could get out of his flat, where his Ma was likely to turn up at any time.

She needed to go bother Isabella or Rafael, and leave him alone for a change.

So here he was, grabbing a lift up to Level 2 for another day avoiding his mother at the office. Maybe he'd catch one of the Aurors heading out for patrol to tag along. Or something. Who knew? He entered the lift and pressed the "2" for level two and waited for the doors to close.
Tomasz was running late this morning. This, of course, was not a habit of his as he took his job seriously, often arriving a few hours before it was necessary. Being a security guard was not so glamorous or otherwise important, but he worked hard to make a decent impression - even more so now that Jake Upstead was their Department Head. He felt there was more pressure with Jake for whatever reason. Maybe because work felt more personal now. But ultimately, Tomasz was not sure.

What he was sure of, however, was the he would catch this lift before it left without him. Sometimes they were not so reliable and if he wanted to make it to level 2 anytime soon, he would need to catch this one now. As he saw the doors beginning to close, he sped up. "Is there room?" he managed to call out breathlessly, throwing his arm in the way of the doors to keep them from closing all the way. Then, when they opened up to reveal Gabriel inside, Tomasz gave him a polite nod in greeting. "Yyy, hello."

It was a little embarrassing to see his colleague after having clearly made a run for the lift, but Tomasz did not show the embarrassment in his features. He did, however, wait for the go-ahead to join his colleague inside. Just to be polite.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 04-19-2021, 07:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,641

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Tomasz was running late this morning. This, of course, was not a habit of his as he took his job seriously, often arriving a few hours before it was necessary. Being a security guard was not so glamorous or otherwise important, but he worked hard to make a decent impression - even more so now that Jake Upstead was their Department Head. He felt there was more pressure with Jake for whatever reason. Maybe because work felt more personal now. But ultimately, Tomasz was not sure.

What he was sure of, however, was the he would catch this lift before it left without him. Sometimes they were not so reliable and if he wanted to make it to level 2 anytime soon, he would need to catch this one now. As he saw the doors beginning to close, he sped up. "Is there room?" he managed to call out breathlessly, throwing his arm in the way of the doors to keep them from closing all the way. Then, when they opened up to reveal Gabriel inside, Tomasz gave him a polite nod in greeting. "Yyy, hello."

It was a little embarrassing to see his colleague after having clearly made a run for the lift, but Tomasz did not show the embarrassment in his features. He did, however, wait for the go-ahead to join his colleague inside. Just to be polite.
He had been very engrossed in his thoughts and plans for the day. See if any of the Real Aurors would let him tag along on a patrol, get a workout in, maybe observe some interrogations if that was happening. Worst case scenario, he could go ask Mr. Upstead--no, Jake--if there was anything that needed an extra brain working on it. Not that his brain was any better than someone else's, but it was a pretty good brain.

That's what his Ma had told him yesterday.

But um, he completely missed the sight of Tomasz literally running late. He did react, however, when he heard a voice and an arm appeared as the doors were closing, and also reached out to keep the lift from leaving. Ah! Tomasz! Gabriel did not know the fellow well, but he seemed nice enough. "Yes, lots of room," he said with a friendly smile. He gestured at the otherwise empty lift. "Hello, it's Tomasz, yes?"

"Level two?"

It seemed silly to ask his colleague this, but who knew? The man was in ministry security, maybe he needed to stop off sooner to...secure something.
__________________
Waddles is offline  
Old 04-20-2021, 01:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod



DMLE & DMT
Shrake
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: fb9912|77b5fe|c21e56
Posts: 12,545

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Kinsay James
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
He had been very engrossed in his thoughts and plans for the day. See if any of the Real Aurors would let him tag along on a patrol, get a workout in, maybe observe some interrogations if that was happening. Worst case scenario, he could go ask Mr. Upstead--no, Jake--if there was anything that needed an extra brain working on it. Not that his brain was any better than someone else's, but it was a pretty good brain.

That's what his Ma had told him yesterday.

But um, he completely missed the sight of Tomasz literally running late. He did react, however, when he heard a voice and an arm appeared as the doors were closing, and also reached out to keep the lift from leaving. Ah! Tomasz! Gabriel did not know the fellow well, but he seemed nice enough. "Yes, lots of room," he said with a friendly smile. He gestured at the otherwise empty lift. "Hello, it's Tomasz, yes?"

"Level two?"

It seemed silly to ask his colleague this, but who knew? The man was in ministry security, maybe he needed to stop off sooner to...secure something.
Tomasz bowed his head graciously in a show of thanks, before stepping inside, moving to the opposite corner of the lift to allow for space between himself and Gabriel. Though hierarchy did not exist in a explicit sense in regard to those serving within the department, Tomasz knew that his place as a security guard was lower than the station of an auror, even one in training. It was difficult not to be conscious of such things when sharing a space and as such, he held his head a little lower, kept his shoulders a little more hunched, and practiced a visible sort of humility around others in the Ministry.

He was not here because of any credentials that set him apart. He knew to keep this in mind and respect the authority of others.

"Yyy, yes," he nodded, answering both of Gabriel's questions at once. Names were not his strong suit, but Tomasz pushed himself to memorize as many as he could, especially the names of those in his department. He did not want to look incapable of such small a thing. Being able to identify individuals was a task he was meant to excel in as a security officer, so he did exert himself in this regard - but still, it did not always come to him so naturally. Uncertain of what to say, but feeling slightly uncomfortable with the silence, Tomasz spoke as he waited for the lift to take off, "The weather today is good."
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 04-20-2021, 04:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,641

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Tomasz bowed his head graciously in a show of thanks, before stepping inside, moving to the opposite corner of the lift to allow for space between himself and Gabriel. Though hierarchy did not exist in a explicit sense in regard to those serving within the department, Tomasz knew that his place as a security guard was lower than the station of an auror, even one in training. It was difficult not to be conscious of such things when sharing a space and as such, he held his head a little lower, kept his shoulders a little more hunched, and practiced a visible sort of humility around others in the Ministry.

He was not here because of any credentials that set him apart. He knew to keep this in mind and respect the authority of others.

"Yyy, yes," he nodded, answering both of Gabriel's questions at once. Names were not his strong suit, but Tomasz pushed himself to memorize as many as he could, especially the names of those in his department. He did not want to look incapable of such small a thing. Being able to identify individuals was a task he was meant to excel in as a security officer, so he did exert himself in this regard - but still, it did not always come to him so naturally. Uncertain of what to say, but feeling slightly uncomfortable with the silence, Tomasz spoke as he waited for the lift to take off, "The weather today is good."
If Tomasz had voiced any of these intra-departmental hierarchy thoughts putting Gabriel above the other man, he probably would have laughed. Especially as so much of Gabriel's feeling useful depended on others' taking the time to explain situations and allow him to take up space, whereas Tomasz's job actually kept people safe.

Maybe not him, because he could keep himself plenty safe, but the rest of the ministry.

Tomasz's job was very important, in Gabriel's eyes. And he was perfectly happy sharing a lift with the man, even in silence. But talking was good, too, he supposed, glancing over at Tomasz as the man spoke. Weather? Was that really all they had to talk about? Gabriel grinned and nodded enthusiastically. He might be an Auror in Training, but he wasn't as grumpy as some of those more seasoned Real Aurors. "Yes," he agreed, bracing himself as the lift started moving. "I enjoy summers here."
__________________
Waddles is offline  
Old 04-27-2021, 01:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod



DMLE & DMT
Shrake
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: fb9912|77b5fe|c21e56
Posts: 12,545

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Kinsay James
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
If Tomasz had voiced any of these intra-departmental hierarchy thoughts putting Gabriel above the other man, he probably would have laughed. Especially as so much of Gabriel's feeling useful depended on others' taking the time to explain situations and allow him to take up space, whereas Tomasz's job actually kept people safe.

Maybe not him, because he could keep himself plenty safe, but the rest of the ministry.

Tomasz's job was very important, in Gabriel's eyes. And he was perfectly happy sharing a lift with the man, even in silence. But talking was good, too, he supposed, glancing over at Tomasz as the man spoke. Weather? Was that really all they had to talk about? Gabriel grinned and nodded enthusiastically. He might be an Auror in Training, but he wasn't as grumpy as some of those more seasoned Real Aurors. "Yes," he agreed, bracing himself as the lift started moving. "I enjoy summers here."
"I like the cold more, but the summer... it is not so bad this year." Could Tomasz have picked a more mundane subject to speak to Gabriel about? In all likelihood, yes. Had weather not been such an accessible topic, Tomasz would have surely found another way to make this an awkward lift ride. He always delivered in this regard. If uncomfortable conversations with colleagues was part of his job description, he would have gotten a promotion. Perhaps he would have made it to be division head.

In any case, he wasn't used to idle chit-chat with anyone at the Ministry. He typically made it a point to arrive so early so that he did not need to share a lift, and on the days when he did stop to talk to people, they were usually those he had known for a long while. It was much easier to talk to good friends, and even then Tomasz sometimes had difficulty finding things to speak about. Normally, others led the conversations. This was, probably, for the best. Otherwise, Tomasz would talk about nothing but the weather and such conversations grew redundant and stale very quickly.

Ahem.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-02-2021, 01:09 AM   #18 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,641

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Gabriel liked summer, Tomasz liked winter. They clearly had absolutely nothing in common. This would be a perfectly peachy lift ride. "Hmmm." Was all Gabriel had to say about that.

Now...

What else could they talk about? Gabriel didn't do well with silence. "Ahh...how are security things?" He said after an awkward pause. Maybe they could talk about work. THey were in the same department, after all. Maybe they did have some useful things in common. "Everyone in our department seems pretty busy, given, you know..." Did he know? Gabriel hoped he knew. Talking war and department-heads-gone-wild was not at the top of his to-do list for the day.
__________________
Waddles is offline  
Old 05-08-2021, 02:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod



DMLE & DMT
Shrake
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: fb9912|77b5fe|c21e56
Posts: 12,545

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Kinsay James
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Gabriel liked summer, Tomasz liked winter. They clearly had absolutely nothing in common. This would be a perfectly peachy lift ride. "Hmmm." Was all Gabriel had to say about that.

Now...

What else could they talk about? Gabriel didn't do well with silence. "Ahh...how are security things?" He said after an awkward pause. Maybe they could talk about work. THey were in the same department, after all. Maybe they did have some useful things in common. "Everyone in our department seems pretty busy, given, you know..." Did he know? Gabriel hoped he knew. Talking war and department-heads-gone-wild was not at the top of his to-do list for the day.
Even though Tomasz could feel some sense of disconnect, he was not worried about it so much, but then again, he was used to this sort of conversation or, rather, the lack thereof. So he did not know what else to say to keep it going, and instead lowered his gaze to his feet.

Until Gabriel spoke again because Tomasz was not the type of person to purposefully ignore someone when they spoke. "Security is good," he replied, offering Gabriel a small smile. "Very busy, I am still not used to so many changes." As in, the change from one .... leadership personnel to the next. The switch from strict policy on one end of the spectrum to something that could not be more different. It was not so easy to keep up with. Tomasz always had a hard time with remembering rules and protocols - this was, in part, why it took him so long to work his way through his training. The practical aspects were never any trouble. But the written rules, they made his head spin.

And though he was glad that so much had been put behind them, there was still a part of Tomasz that yearned for what existed leading up to the war. Most of it, he was relieved was over, but there was a sense of shared community he felt with the resistance group - like he was a part of something good. The Order of the Phoenix gave him something to belong to. But now this feeling of belonging was not so easy to replicate.

"You are enjoying your training?" he asked to be polite. "You are in the program for how much more?" It wasn't that Tomasz didn't pay attention, he just didn't remember these things.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-14-2021, 03:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,641

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Even though Tomasz could feel some sense of disconnect, he was not worried about it so much, but then again, he was used to this sort of conversation or, rather, the lack thereof. So he did not know what else to say to keep it going, and instead lowered his gaze to his feet.

Until Gabriel spoke again because Tomasz was not the type of person to purposefully ignore someone when they spoke. "Security is good," he replied, offering Gabriel a small smile. "Very busy, I am still not used to so many changes." As in, the change from one .... leadership personnel to the next. The switch from strict policy on one end of the spectrum to something that could not be more different. It was not so easy to keep up with. Tomasz always had a hard time with remembering rules and protocols - this was, in part, why it took him so long to work his way through his training. The practical aspects were never any trouble. But the written rules, they made his head spin.

And though he was glad that so much had been put behind them, there was still a part of Tomasz that yearned for what existed leading up to the war. Most of it, he was relieved was over, but there was a sense of shared community he felt with the resistance group - like he was a part of something good. The Order of the Phoenix gave him something to belong to. But now this feeling of belonging was not so easy to replicate.

"You are enjoying your training?" he asked to be polite. "You are in the program for how much more?" It wasn't that Tomasz didn't pay attention, he just didn't remember these things.
Security good. Busy. Changes. Gabriel nodded, it seemed like the security team--well, Tomasz anyway--was definitely in the same situation as the YATIs. He liked Mr. Upstead, definitely more than Mr. Bain, but the change had some unexpected trickle-down effects. Like, Mr. Upstead hadn't gone through the YATI programme, but he had been an Auror, so he understood things. "Yes, Mr. Upstead is pretty cool, though," he said. Oh wait, had Tomasz been talking about the higher-up leadership changes? Gabriel wasn't sure.

"It's intense, but yeah--yes, I enjoy it," Gabriel said with a smile, glad the conversation was picking up. They'd be best friends by the time they arrrived on Level Two. "Just one more year, hopefully, if I pass the Auror certification." Is that what it was called? He couldn't remember. "I think...we may have started at around the same time?" Maybe. If he was going based solely on how old he thought Tomasz was, it was a good guess.
__________________
Waddles is offline  
Old 05-18-2021, 02:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod



DMLE & DMT
Shrake
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: fb9912|77b5fe|c21e56
Posts: 12,545

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Kinsay James
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Security good. Busy. Changes. Gabriel nodded, it seemed like the security team--well, Tomasz anyway--was definitely in the same situation as the YATIs. He liked Mr. Upstead, definitely more than Mr. Bain, but the change had some unexpected trickle-down effects. Like, Mr. Upstead hadn't gone through the YATI programme, but he had been an Auror, so he understood things. "Yes, Mr. Upstead is pretty cool, though," he said. Oh wait, had Tomasz been talking about the higher-up leadership changes? Gabriel wasn't sure.

"It's intense, but yeah--yes, I enjoy it," Gabriel said with a smile, glad the conversation was picking up. They'd be best friends by the time they arrrived on Level Two. "Just one more year, hopefully, if I pass the Auror certification." Is that what it was called? He couldn't remember. "I think...we may have started at around the same time?" Maybe. If he was going based solely on how old he thought Tomasz was, it was a good guess.
"Yyy, yes," he nodded in agreement, though Tomasz thought Jake to be more than just pretty cool. When Tomasz had first heard the news, he was very happy for Jake. It was only later that he started to worry. Not because he thought Jake would be a bad department head, but because Tomasz did not want to disappoint him. It was different now that he was the boss. There was a little more pressure, though this was of Tomasz's own doing. "I think so too."

Best friends by the time they arrived on Level Two? Maybe Gabriel was overestimating Tomasz's conversational skills. They were doing alright right now though. There was plenty to talk about... Regarding work, at least. "That is good," he offered him a small smile before looking forward again. "You are almost done." Sometimes Tomasz wondered if he could be an auror. Being security for the rest of his life was not something that appealed to him, but the training was not something he was sure he could do. And even if it was, would they let someone like him have such an important job? "Ah, maybe." Did they start at the same time? Tomasz scratched his head, thinking it over. "It is possible - my memory is not so good with such things," he admitted, finally.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 05-20-2021, 03:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,641

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
"Yyy, yes," he nodded in agreement, though Tomasz thought Jake to be more than just pretty cool. When Tomasz had first heard the news, he was very happy for Jake. It was only later that he started to worry. Not because he thought Jake would be a bad department head, but because Tomasz did not want to disappoint him. It was different now that he was the boss. There was a little more pressure, though this was of Tomasz's own doing. "I think so too."

Best friends by the time they arrived on Level Two? Maybe Gabriel was overestimating Tomasz's conversational skills. They were doing alright right now though. There was plenty to talk about... Regarding work, at least. "That is good," he offered him a small smile before looking forward again. "You are almost done." Sometimes Tomasz wondered if he could be an auror. Being security for the rest of his life was not something that appealed to him, but the training was not something he was sure he could do. And even if it was, would they let someone like him have such an important job? "Ah, maybe." Did they start at the same time? Tomasz scratched his head, thinking it over. "It is possible - my memory is not so good with such things," he admitted, finally.

Maybe Tomasz was more picky about his friends, because Gabriel was convinced they were best friends right now. Okay, not best, because Missa was his best friend, but definitely friends! He shrugged when Tomasz didn't remember if they'd started at the same time. "Yes, you probably save your memory for more important things," Gabriel said with a grin. "I suppose it doesn't matter after so much time, anyway." Like they'd been working there for tens of years or something.

He was both relieved and disappointed when the lift stopped with a ding! on Level Two and the doors opened. Gabriel led the way off, turning back to give Tomasz one last friendly smile. "I suppose...have a good day, Tomasz," he said, unsure of how to end the conversation. "I hope we can, uh, discuss again."

Was that weird? That felt weird. He gave an awkward wave, then looked around to make sure he wasn't about to collide with anyone and headed off down the corridor. Wait, maybe he should have waited to be sure Tomasz wasn't going the same direction? Because then it would be awkward that he'd said goodbye, sort of, and then they'd continued walking together? Small talk was uncomfortable with people you might see every day, Gabriel quickly decided. Well, slowly decided...he had waited for an entire conversation to elapse before coming to his conclusion.
__________________
Waddles is offline  
Old 05-26-2021, 04:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod



DMLE & DMT
Shrake
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: fb9912|77b5fe|c21e56
Posts: 12,545

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Kinsay James
Third Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post

Maybe Tomasz was more picky about his friends, because Gabriel was convinced they were best friends right now. Okay, not best, because Missa was his best friend, but definitely friends! He shrugged when Tomasz didn't remember if they'd started at the same time. "Yes, you probably save your memory for more important things," Gabriel said with a grin. "I suppose it doesn't matter after so much time, anyway." Like they'd been working there for tens of years or something.

He was both relieved and disappointed when the lift stopped with a ding! on Level Two and the doors opened. Gabriel led the way off, turning back to give Tomasz one last friendly smile. "I suppose...have a good day, Tomasz," he said, unsure of how to end the conversation. "I hope we can, uh, discuss again."

Was that weird? That felt weird. He gave an awkward wave, then looked around to make sure he wasn't about to collide with anyone and headed off down the corridor. Wait, maybe he should have waited to be sure Tomasz wasn't going the same direction? Because then it would be awkward that he'd said goodbye, sort of, and then they'd continued walking together? Small talk was uncomfortable with people you might see every day, Gabriel quickly decided. Well, slowly decided...he had waited for an entire conversation to elapse before coming to his conclusion.
Tomasz wasn't picky either - what was that saying? Beggars cannot be choosers. It was, perhaps, something to do with this feeling. And though he was quick to want friendship, Tomasz wasn't ever sure if the feeling was reciprocated. He had an idealized version of friendship in his head, it was hard to know what standards others had in this regard.

He laughed quietly, in reply to Gabriel. His memory for dates and facts was not so sharp, but maybe those things were not as important, yes. "Eee, yes, maybe," he agreed, despite not entirely understanding what was meant by this 'so much time'. It really wasn't for very long that they had worked here. At least it was not long for Tomasz. But maybe this was a matter of opinion?

And when the lift came to a stop, Tomasz felt slightly more at ease. He was itching to get started on his day. "Yes, you too," he offered a small smile as he stepped out behind Gabriel and waved in return. It was a little awkward, but nothing he was not used to. Tomasz did need to head in the same direction, but this would make things more awkward. So instead, he turned to head in the other direction, knowing he would loop back around in just a few minutes.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:01 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209