View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 03:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Third Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Even though Tomasz could feel some sense of disconnect, he was not worried about it so much, but then again, he was used to this sort of conversation or, rather, the lack thereof. So he did not know what else to say to keep it going, and instead lowered his gaze to his feet.

Until Gabriel spoke again because Tomasz was not the type of person to purposefully ignore someone when they spoke. "Security is good," he replied, offering Gabriel a small smile. "Very busy, I am still not used to so many changes." As in, the change from one .... leadership personnel to the next. The switch from strict policy on one end of the spectrum to something that could not be more different. It was not so easy to keep up with. Tomasz always had a hard time with remembering rules and protocols - this was, in part, why it took him so long to work his way through his training. The practical aspects were never any trouble. But the written rules, they made his head spin.

And though he was glad that so much had been put behind them, there was still a part of Tomasz that yearned for what existed leading up to the war. Most of it, he was relieved was over, but there was a sense of shared community he felt with the resistance group - like he was a part of something good. The Order of the Phoenix gave him something to belong to. But now this feeling of belonging was not so easy to replicate.

"You are enjoying your training?" he asked to be polite. "You are in the program for how much more?" It wasn't that Tomasz didn't pay attention, he just didn't remember these things.
Security good. Busy. Changes. Gabriel nodded, it seemed like the security team--well, Tomasz anyway--was definitely in the same situation as the YATIs. He liked Mr. Upstead, definitely more than Mr. Bain, but the change had some unexpected trickle-down effects. Like, Mr. Upstead hadn't gone through the YATI programme, but he had been an Auror, so he understood things. "Yes, Mr. Upstead is pretty cool, though," he said. Oh wait, had Tomasz been talking about the higher-up leadership changes? Gabriel wasn't sure.

"It's intense, but yeah--yes, I enjoy it," Gabriel said with a smile, glad the conversation was picking up. They'd be best friends by the time they arrrived on Level Two. "Just one more year, hopefully, if I pass the Auror certification." Is that what it was called? He couldn't remember. "I think...we may have started at around the same time?" Maybe. If he was going based solely on how old he thought Tomasz was, it was a good guess.