View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 03:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
"Yyy, yes," he nodded in agreement, though Tomasz thought Jake to be more than just pretty cool. When Tomasz had first heard the news, he was very happy for Jake. It was only later that he started to worry. Not because he thought Jake would be a bad department head, but because Tomasz did not want to disappoint him. It was different now that he was the boss. There was a little more pressure, though this was of Tomasz's own doing. "I think so too."

Best friends by the time they arrived on Level Two? Maybe Gabriel was overestimating Tomasz's conversational skills. They were doing alright right now though. There was plenty to talk about... Regarding work, at least. "That is good," he offered him a small smile before looking forward again. "You are almost done." Sometimes Tomasz wondered if he could be an auror. Being security for the rest of his life was not something that appealed to him, but the training was not something he was sure he could do. And even if it was, would they let someone like him have such an important job? "Ah, maybe." Did they start at the same time? Tomasz scratched his head, thinking it over. "It is possible - my memory is not so good with such things," he admitted, finally.

Maybe Tomasz was more picky about his friends, because Gabriel was convinced they were best friends right now. Okay, not best, because Missa was his best friend, but definitely friends! He shrugged when Tomasz didn't remember if they'd started at the same time. "Yes, you probably save your memory for more important things," Gabriel said with a grin. "I suppose it doesn't matter after so much time, anyway." Like they'd been working there for tens of years or something.

He was both relieved and disappointed when the lift stopped with a ding! on Level Two and the doors opened. Gabriel led the way off, turning back to give Tomasz one last friendly smile. "I suppose...have a good day, Tomasz," he said, unsure of how to end the conversation. "I hope we can, uh, discuss again."

Was that weird? That felt weird. He gave an awkward wave, then looked around to make sure he wasn't about to collide with anyone and headed off down the corridor. Wait, maybe he should have waited to be sure Tomasz wasn't going the same direction? Because then it would be awkward that he'd said goodbye, sort of, and then they'd continued walking together? Small talk was uncomfortable with people you might see every day, Gabriel quickly decided. Well, slowly decided...he had waited for an entire conversation to elapse before coming to his conclusion.