sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9845
Classes: 15
Professors: 15

15281303
1290438
View Points

Members

There are 438 users online including...
ewigmarg , sweetpinkpixie , aRogueOne , AlwaysSnapesGirl , Fireheart , NiallNIP , Watson , deanneza16 , Waddles , bromleyshaw

22 members
416 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 57: January - April 2021

Term 57: January - April 2021 Term Fifty-Seven: TBA (Sept 2103 - June 2104)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-08-2021, 04:25 PM
Samia Samia is offline
 
Default Herbology Lesson 2: Planting Hope

Despite the gorgeous day outside, everything feels bleak and June Flamsteed is trying but barely able to fake a smile as she waits for you outside Greenhouse One.

There is a patch of beautiful flowers behind her, colours of almost every kind - Professor June has been planting them for some time now and they have grown enough for her to share them with you.

Settle down on one of the stools placed without much thought around the area, class will begin soon.


OOC: Hello. First and foremost, please accept my apologies for my last lesson. A dear family member fell sick and I was unable to continue my class. Hoping to have better luck this time! Lets have some fun, and oh - hope you have read the rules!

Class Progression:
Greetings + Question 1
Question 1 Replies + Question 2
Question 2 Replies + Mini Activity
Main Activity
Main Activity Replies
Old 03-08-2021, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)


MO
Moke
 
pundantic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Winterfell
Posts: 8,687

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kale Trent
Fifth Year
x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Ferris Karten
Default
Who Am I? Ern's 2460FUN

Kale Trent was learning to live for the reprieve of outdoor lessons. The fifth year appreciated flowers more than ever and he would’ve given anything to steal a few to make some flower crowns for the kids in the Room. Just to lighten their spirits.

But he didn’t thank Flamstead for bringing them to such a beautiful place. He didn’t even acknowledge her as he sat on one of the stools. Professors were worthless and spineless and Kale Trent, who it took a lot to catch his ire, loathed the lot of them.

Save Schmoe. He knew what that man had done for them. Even if he failed.

So silently, Kale waited for the lesson to start.
__________________
pundantic is offline  
Old 03-08-2021, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod



DERP & DMLE
Grindylow
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 14,125

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Neva Peralta
Graduated

Student Character:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
Sixth Year
Gryffindor
x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Fresh air and flowers were almost enough to earn a genuine smile from the fifth year, truly, and she'd been putting in quite the effort to be positive lately despite everything going on. Mostly this was for the benefit of the younger kids, Sammy included. The way WWW had made her feel in the room after only one comment had been enough to convince her that how she acted and spoke mattered, especially when it came to anyone that looked up to her.

"Hello Professor," She greeted politely. "The flowers are really beautiful." Cappi would love them, she was sure.

Finding a stool by Kale, Cece gave him a little nudge and then waited for class to begin.
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 03-08-2021, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Hufflepuff

DMGS & DMLE
Pygmy Puff
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,416

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Mamie did not dislike Herbology as much this term as she previously had. Perhaps...the rarity of outdoor time helped with that. Still, she felt pretty apathetic (not towards Herbology, just in general) as she made her way down to the greenhouses and found Professor Flamsteed waiting for them outside.

"Hello, professor," she said with a small smile.

At least she wasn't late, thanks to their escort. And...would probably never be late again. But also would never have to be awkwardly the first one there, since the Room children all arrived together. She sat on one of the stools near the middle of the area, and waited quietly for class to begin.
__________________
Waddles is online now  
Old 03-08-2021, 09:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 203,855

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

The flowers were so pretty.

That was Claudine's first thought when she arrived at the Greenhouse along with her Roomies and idiotic chaperones. It would make for the perfect sketch later on when she had free time. Merlin knew there was more of that now for her. "Hi, Professor." The fifth year nodded to the woman then moved in to find a seat.

For this lesson, she opted for a stool at the very back. Just like the old times when there had been no imprisonment written in her stars. Claudine clutched her book bag which was resting on her lap. What would today's lesson be about?
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 03-08-2021, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,578

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
First Year
x8 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement
Default
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

Catherine felt she was in a constant state of stifling her terror. She'd been staring at the floor a lot more often than she did, and the fact she didn't know what was going on with some of her people made her feel awful. It didn't help most of her people were Gryffindors and she was also in a constant state of fearing for their lives. Only theirs, because she knew better to keep herself safe by being quiet and compliant.

The Ravenclaw looked at the colourful flowers behind professor Flamsteed and blinked. They were nice, but she couldn't bring herself to acknowledge them in any way. The older witch did not get a nod for a greeting either, as Catherine's thoughts were nowhere near the Greenhouses that day.
Hey Ju is offline  
Old 03-08-2021, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM
Firecrab
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 943

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default

Violet was having trouble feeling interest in her classes lately, or in anything else, for that matter. It was easier if you just shoved your feelings down and tried to pretend they weren't there, and after a while, you stopped having them at all. It was always a bit of a relief to have outdoor classes, especially when it was warm--even in the spring, the Room felt cold and damp and some days Violet thought she never would get warm. The flowers were nice, too, she supposed. Anyhow, it was nice of Professor Flamsteed to have planted them. "Hi, Professor," she managed to say as she walked past and sat on a convenient stool without thinking about it.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 02:02 AM   #8 (permalink)


DMLE
Doxy
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Universe
Posts: 6,474

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lisa Nam
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

The flowers were absolutely ah ah AHHHHHHHH...... beautiful. He winced at the tension built up in his temple when he didn’t sneeze near the flowers. It had been a while since he had seen flowers and the seventh year had wanted to get as close as possible to admire their beauty. What he had forgotten about- however- was the fact that he was allergic to pollen. He hadn’t actually forgotten about his allergy.

Mind over matter. Mind over matter..... he was not allergic to flowers. Not allergic at all. It was ALLLLL mind over matter.

His eye twitched.

Mind over matter, yes?

He felt a tickle in his nose and his eyes suddenly became watery. Clearing his throat, he walked towards the stools as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Ah..... slight brief relief.

Good Afternoon Professor,” he said as he took a seat on a stool near Mamie.
__________________
Watson is online now  
Old 03-09-2021, 02:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

Site Manager



DMLE & DMAC
Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,521

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Sixth Year
x7 x8

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Carrigan Howard
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Those flowers were like JOY and LIGHT and NEW BEGINNINGS, and Phoebe felt totally empty inside about them. She registered that they were beautiful, but she couldn't find a way to feel any certain way about them. Her eyes flickered over the professor and the flowers and her classmates, but Phoebe kept her head down as she picked a stool.

"Good day to you, Professor." She struggled for something else to say, but being witty got her in trouble and being flip got her in trouble and every single polite comment she tried died on the tip of her tongue. They tasted insincere. So good day was good enough.
__________________

Cassirin is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 03:23 AM   #10 (permalink)



DMLE & MO
Mooncalf
 
Deezerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Fire Nation
Posts: 7,295

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Serena Baltazar-Dos Santos
First Year
x8
Default
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

Fresh air felt nice. It was one of the few things that helped Lilith breathe a little easier. She still had the luxury of living in her common room, but it came with a huge wight of guilt. Lilith often repeated to herself that there was nothing she could do. The hoods were stronger and more experienced than she was. All she could do is stay low and make sure she didn't shift any attention on her. Coward.

Spotting the flowers by the professor had zero effect on Lilith. She was tired and ther was no way she'd pretend everything was okay. Her resentment towards the professors grew and grew every day. With every lesson and their inability to keep them, the students, safe.

Cold pale blue eyes greeted the professor. Full of resentment. With the same question they always asked every single day. Why aren't you doing anything?

Tearing her gaze from the woman, Lilith made her way to one of the stools, away from the recent arrivals.
__________________
Deezerz is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 04:04 AM   #11 (permalink)



DERP & DIMC
Shrake
 
sarahlooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rohan
Posts: 12,687

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louise Bones
Seventh Year
x3 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection
Default
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

The fresh air was wonderful. Louise took a deep breath of the outside air as she, along with the other students that had been trapped in The Room, was escorted to the lesson. Though Louise was happier than she had been in ages, merely because she was outside, it was hard to tell. The dark circles under her eyes had grown darker, her shoulders slumped, and even her freckles seemed to be less prominent these days. The Room was really getting to her.

She didn't greet the professor as she found a stool - she was too tired to. Plus, it seemed like all the professors who weren't locked up these days were working with Rosier, and if that was the case then she didn't want to say hello to them anyway.
__________________

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise
sarahlooo is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 04:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Quibbler Mod
Fanfiction Mod



MO & DMLE
Sphinx
 
Felixir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Posts: 48,252

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kamran Kazmi
Graduated

Student Character:
Nemesis Upstead
Sixth Year
Slytherin
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Jake Upstead
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
Default
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

At first, Nem couldn't work out if they preferred the idea of a lesson outside of the greenhouse today as opposed to inside it, but quickly came to the conclusion that, actually, it didn't matter to them at all. They simply did not care. Plants were plants. Herbology was Herbology. The only variable that really mattered was the weather; it was a decent enough day, but Nem still felt the chill, although the situation might have been much the same if they were sitting inside Greenhouse One instead.

"Professor," Nem greeted Flamsteed as they joined the group, picking a stool that was set slightly further back and so gave them a good view of everyone present. They took a seat, folded one leg up so their ankle rested on the other knee, propped their head in their hand, and waited.

For class to start. And then to end. Obviously.
__________________
throw yourself into the unknown with pace and a fury defiant __________ __________ ______.

today of all days, see how the most dangerous thing is to love
Felixir is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 07:06 AM   #13 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Shrake
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Westview
Posts: 12,845

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fiona Jenovick
Sixth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Environmental Protection
Default
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Fiona did like outdoor lessons and when the weather was perfect, they were even better. She quickly made her way to Greenhouse One and greeted Professor Flamsteed with a smile and a "Hello, Professor," before she found a seat that was somewhat near Nem.
__________________
Ginevra is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 01:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC & DERP
Grindylow
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 14,216

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dahlia Jane Donovan
Second Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Iliana Floros
Environmental Protection

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Herbology. Dahlia's second favorite class and only that due to her slightly stronger passion for creatures. Two things she missed dearly now that most of her time was spent in The Room. Things she had taken for granted when she had been able to come and go as she pleased. She still did her very best to drop by the barn and the greenhouses during her two daily walks but with her time being so limited it wasn't always easy, not to mention the way they were all constantly being watched.

Her young mind was always on overdrive now. Just being ushered from The Room to outside where the lesson was being held strike fear within her. Having any of the Hooded Minions near her caused her to flinch. Silence had become safety and that wasn't the Dahlia way... well not formerly.

The entire walk her head was kept low so the scent of fresh flowers was smelled long before they were seen. When she did see them, all the colors, the tiniest smile tried to form on her lips. "Hello, Professor Flamsteed," Lia managed in a small voice. She choose a stool as close to the flowers as she dared to get and sat down, her bag on the ground at her feet.
__________________
you're pragmatic and dependable, with a tendency to help and advise others,
a person likely to find a simple solution to a complicated problem, you are...
Kolyander is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Co-DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Selkie
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 36,482

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
First Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Did Auntie June know that she was LITERALLY the only reliable role model one Atlas Leonel Flamsteed had left? Because she was. It had been so long since Professor Williamson had been tossed into the room and hope squished a bit...and then with the Potions Mistress being tossed into it next that hope was squished even more and the pressure excruciating. And NO, he did not want to hear about how extreme pressure is what created diamonds or that it could also create to copious amounts of thrust. He didn't want to hear it. He wanted to wallow and feel the weight of despair that had overtaken Hogwarts, thank you very much.

And now his nightmares included the presence of not only green flashes of light but also black smoke.

Today...that weight was beyond soul crushing...and he couldn't even bring himself to look at Nemesis Upstead let alone move anywhere in their general vicinity. Instead, today, he opted to move silently over to where Dahlia was and plopped himself on the stool beside her. The flowers hardly received nary a glance from the Gryffindor, but Auntie June Professor Flamsteed did.

A big ol' kicked and sad puppy kind of look. A pleading look. A look that conveyed a VERY REAL NEED for her to NOT do anything to warrant herself being tossed into that room and out of his reach. Please?

"...hello...professor..."
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 03-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster
Co-DA Proprietor





MO & DMLE
Bicorn
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 16,866

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated

Student Character:
Emmerson N.J. Cambridge
Third Year
Gryffindor
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
Default Hi Nem
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Know where she was sitting today? RIGHT NEXT TO NEMESIS UPSTEAD.

Why?

It was very simple. Nem didn't disappear from class, they made everyone else disappear. Or rather...they didn't make people disappear, it was the kids who decided they still wanted to be heroes. Godric Gryffindor could take his sword and go shove it into the ground somewhere far away from her. Emmerson wanted to LIVE and Nem was doing the best job of that so far. They even had a nice little badge to prove it. Not even the prefects had badges anymore.

Nem must have been doing a bunch of things right.

"Hello, Professor. I'd like to say the flowers look nice but," The 12-year-old paused then turned to her new Herbology buddy in green. "Are...are pretty flowers still allowed?" She whispered loudly, not wanting to go compliment rule breaking.

Good girl, this one. Live girl, this one.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 03:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod



DMLE & DoM
Erkling
 
Samia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: sappyville♥
Posts: 20,723

Hogwarts RPG Name:
June Flamsteed
Graduated

Student Character:
Aries Flamsteed
Second Year
Gryffindor
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Hazen Krum
Mysteries
Default
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

SPOILER!!: greetings
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Fresh air and flowers were almost enough to earn a genuine smile from the fifth year, truly, and she'd been putting in quite the effort to be positive lately despite everything going on. Mostly this was for the benefit of the younger kids, Sammy included. The way WWW had made her feel in the room after only one comment had been enough to convince her that how she acted and spoke mattered, especially when it came to anyone that looked up to her.

"Hello Professor," She greeted politely. "The flowers are really beautiful." Cappi would love them, she was sure.

Finding a stool by Kale, Cece gave him a little nudge and then waited for class to begin.
"Miss Summers" June greeted the young lady with a small nod before smiling a little at her assessment. "They are. Even though I have been seeing them grow for a while now, their beauty amazes me each day"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Mamie did not dislike Herbology as much this term as she previously had. Perhaps...the rarity of outdoor time helped with that. Still, she felt pretty apathetic (not towards Herbology, just in general) as she made her way down to the greenhouses and found Professor Flamsteed waiting for them outside.

"Hello, professor," she said with a small smile.

At least she wasn't late, thanks to their escort. And...would probably never be late again. But also would never have to be awkwardly the first one there, since the Room children all arrived together. She sat on one of the stools near the middle of the area, and waited quietly for class to begin.
Maybe the outside would eventually get the best of them, and get them out of the bleakness of life right now. But - June was not going to be holding her breath on that. Not when they were being watched as they were.

Nonetheless, she greeted the young lady back, "Hello, Miss Turov"


Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
The flowers were so pretty.

That was Claudine's first thought when she arrived at the Greenhouse along with her Roomies and idiotic chaperones. It would make for the perfect sketch later on when she had free time. Merlin knew there was more of that now for her. "Hi, Professor." The fifth year nodded to the woman then moved in to find a seat.

For this lesson, she opted for a stool at the very back. Just like the old times when there had been no imprisonment written in her stars. Claudine clutched her book bag which was resting on her lap. What would today's lesson be about?
June's smile had pretty much faded by the time the next student arrived. It was difficult to pretend. And she wondered if pretending would help these kids anymore. They needed to see everything for what it was.

But despite depressing thoughts looming over her, she greeted the young lady with a calm smile, "Hello, Miss Blaze"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Catherine felt she was in a constant state of stifling her terror. She'd been staring at the floor a lot more often than she did, and the fact she didn't know what was going on with some of her people made her feel awful. It didn't help most of her people were Gryffindors and she was also in a constant state of fearing for their lives. Only theirs, because she knew better to keep herself safe by being quiet and compliant.

The Ravenclaw looked at the colourful flowers behind professor Flamsteed and blinked. They were nice, but she couldn't bring herself to acknowledge them in any way. The older witch did not get a nod for a greeting either, as Catherine's thoughts were nowhere near the Greenhouses that day.
June didn't question the ravenclaw's lack of reaction to ... anything. Because given the circumstances, it felt like the most natural state.

Pacing quietly, June simply watched as more students filled in those empty seats she had put out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Violet was having trouble feeling interest in her classes lately, or in anything else, for that matter. It was easier if you just shoved your feelings down and tried to pretend they weren't there, and after a while, you stopped having them at all. It was always a bit of a relief to have outdoor classes, especially when it was warm--even in the spring, the Room felt cold and damp and some days Violet thought she never would get warm. The flowers were nice, too, she supposed. Anyhow, it was nice of Professor Flamsteed to have planted them. "Hi, Professor," she managed to say as she walked past and sat on a convenient stool without thinking about it.
"Hello, Miss Blackthorne" This one got a nod too. But nothing else, there was just more quiet pacing and occasional glance at the clock hanging specifically to let her know when she should just start the class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
The flowers were absolutely ah ah AHHHHHHHH...... beautiful. He winced at the tension built up in his temple when he didn’t sneeze near the flowers. It had been a while since he had seen flowers and the seventh year had wanted to get as close as possible to admire their beauty. What he had forgotten about- however- was the fact that he was allergic to pollen. He hadn’t actually forgotten about his allergy.

Mind over matter. Mind over matter..... he was not allergic to flowers. Not allergic at all. It was ALLLLL mind over matter.

His eye twitched.

Mind over matter, yes?

He felt a tickle in his nose and his eyes suddenly became watery. Clearing his throat, he walked towards the stools as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Ah..... slight brief relief.

Good Afternoon Professor,” he said as he took a seat on a stool near Mamie.
June had been around plants enough to know when someone was not okay around them.

Eying the boy, she raised a brow, "Okay there, Mr Nam?"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Those flowers were like JOY and LIGHT and NEW BEGINNINGS, and Phoebe felt totally empty inside about them. She registered that they were beautiful, but she couldn't find a way to feel any certain way about them. Her eyes flickered over the professor and the flowers and her classmates, but Phoebe kept her head down as she picked a stool.

"Good day to you, Professor." She struggled for something else to say, but being witty got her in trouble and being flip got her in trouble and every single polite comment she tried died on the tip of her tongue. They tasted insincere. So good day was good enough.
Despite it all, seeing her favourite arrive in class did bring about a small smile to her lips. Even if just barely.

"Good day to you too, Miss James" Was little James on her way too? Her eyes did wander a bit, looking for her - and hoping, really hoping, all was well.

It was all she could do these days.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezerz View Post
Fresh air felt nice. It was one of the few things that helped Lilith breathe a little easier. She still had the luxury of living in her common room, but it came with a huge wight of guilt. Lilith often repeated to herself that there was nothing she could do. The hoods were stronger and more experienced than she was. All she could do is stay low and make sure she didn't shift any attention on her. Coward.

Spotting the flowers by the professor had zero effect on Lilith. She was tired and ther was no way she'd pretend everything was okay. Her resentment towards the professors grew and grew every day. With every lesson and their inability to keep them, the students, safe.

Cold pale blue eyes greeted the professor. Full of resentment. With the same question they always asked every single day. Why aren't you doing anything?

Tearing her gaze from the woman, Lilith made her way to one of the stools, away from the recent arrivals.
Being liked was the least of their problems these days. While June was incredibly heartbroken with the way things were unfolding, she also didn't think it was wise at all to act out and put everyone in danger.

Not when she had seen creatures and people getting killed alike.

Not when she had seen her friend being tortured for the love of humanity - and not just for the wizardkind.

Not when she had seen her mentor being brought down to his knees.

So, June's eyes met the younger girl's cold eyes. Her resentment noted but failing to be valid in June's mind.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
The fresh air was wonderful. Louise took a deep breath of the outside air as she, along with the other students that had been trapped in The Room, was escorted to the lesson. Though Louise was happier than she had been in ages, merely because she was outside, it was hard to tell. The dark circles under her eyes had grown darker, her shoulders slumped, and even her freckles seemed to be less prominent these days. The Room was really getting to her.

She didn't greet the professor as she found a stool - she was too tired to. Plus, it seemed like all the professors who weren't locked up these days were working with Rosier, and if that was the case then she didn't want to say hello to them anyway.
June wouldn't blame her for that assessment.

It was best not to trust anyone. If June would have been in her place, she would have done the same.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
At first, Nem couldn't work out if they preferred the idea of a lesson outside of the greenhouse today as opposed to inside it, but quickly came to the conclusion that, actually, it didn't matter to them at all. They simply did not care. Plants were plants. Herbology was Herbology. The only variable that really mattered was the weather; it was a decent enough day, but Nem still felt the chill, although the situation might have been much the same if they were sitting inside Greenhouse One instead.

"Professor," Nem greeted Flamsteed as they joined the group, picking a stool that was set slightly further back and so gave them a good view of everyone present. They took a seat, folded one leg up so their ankle rested on the other knee, propped their head in their hand, and waited.

For class to start. And then to end. Obviously.
June had too many feelings about this one.

Nemesis Upstead had been June's favourite.

And now she couldn't recognise them at all. Her eyes were full of disappointment as she met their's for a moment. And then she looked away.

Because she had to take a breath. She had to control herself and simply move on.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Fiona did like outdoor lessons and when the weather was perfect, they were even better. She quickly made her way to Greenhouse One and greeted Professor Flamsteed with a smile and a "Hello, Professor," before she found a seat that was somewhat near Nem.
Oh look. At least there was one person in the room capable of smiling.

So, June somehow smiled back, "Hello, Miss Jenovick"


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Herbology. Dahlia's second favorite class and only that due to her slightly stronger passion for creatures. Two things she missed dearly now that most of her time was spent in The Room. Things she had taken for granted when she had been able to come and go as she pleased. She still did her very best to drop by the barn and the greenhouses during her two daily walks but with her time being so limited it wasn't always easy, not to mention the way they were all constantly being watched.

Her young mind was always on overdrive now. Just being ushered from The Room to outside where the lesson was being held strike fear within her. Having any of the Hooded Minions near her caused her to flinch. Silence had become safety and that wasn't the Dahlia way... well not formerly.

The entire walk her head was kept low so the scent of fresh flowers was smelled long before they were seen. When she did see them, all the colors, the tiniest smile tried to form on her lips. "Hello, Professor Flamsteed," Lia managed in a small voice. She choose a stool as close to the flowers as she dared to get and sat down, her bag on the ground at her feet.
June had known Dahlia's reaction even before that smile formed on her lips. She knew the passion the girl held for creatures and flowers alike. Greeting her back, she gestured at an empty stool close to the front for her to sit too, "Hello, Miss Donovan"


Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Did Auntie June know that she was LITERALLY the only reliable role model one Atlas Leonel Flamsteed had left? Because she was. It had been so long since Professor Williamson had been tossed into the room and hope squished a bit...and then with the Potions Mistress being tossed into it next that hope was squished even more and the pressure excruciating. And NO, he did not want to hear about how extreme pressure is what created diamonds or that it could also create to copious amounts of thrust. He didn't want to hear it. He wanted to wallow and feel the weight of despair that had overtaken Hogwarts, thank you very much.

And now his nightmares included the presence of not only green flashes of light but also black smoke.

Today...that weight was beyond soul crushing...and he couldn't even bring himself to look at Nemesis Upstead let alone move anywhere in their general vicinity. Instead, today, he opted to move silently over to where Dahlia was and plopped himself on the stool beside her. The flowers hardly received nary a glance from the Gryffindor, but Auntie June Professor Flamsteed did.

A big ol' kicked and sad puppy kind of look. A pleading look. A look that conveyed a VERY REAL NEED for her to NOT do anything to warrant herself being tossed into that room and out of his reach. Please?

"...hello...professor..."
If they ever got out of here, if they made it, the first thing June wanted to do was hug her niece and nephews. A thing she had taken for granted until this term. It scared her to bits thinking what could happen to them, and pretty much kept her in line too.

It was a weakness. And she really couldn't hide it.

Though she tried. Like right now, when despite herself, she merely gave her nephew a small nod, "Hello, Mr Flamsteed. Settle down. We are starting soon"


Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Know where she was sitting today? RIGHT NEXT TO NEMESIS UPSTEAD.

Why?

It was very simple. Nem didn't disappear from class, they made everyone else disappear. Or rather...they didn't make people disappear, it was the kids who decided they still wanted to be heroes. Godric Gryffindor could take his sword and go shove it into the ground somewhere far away from her. Emmerson wanted to LIVE and Nem was doing the best job of that so far. They even had a nice little badge to prove it. Not even the prefects had badges anymore.

Nem must have been doing a bunch of things right.

"Hello, Professor. I'd like to say the flowers look nice but," The 12-year-old paused then turned to her new Herbology buddy in green. "Are...are pretty flowers still allowed?" She whispered loudly, not wanting to go compliment rule breaking.

Good girl, this one. Live girl, this one.

It was almost time.

And then came in Miss Cambridge.

It was almost heart warming to see the girl's spirit still intact - if not entirely the way it had been a few months ago. Her question was on brand with her personality too, a thing she had expected, though hoped wouldn't come up - because she sat next to one Nemesis Upstead - which only made the brunette scared for the young girl.

"Pretty or not, these are plants and plants are allowed," she simply said before moving to the front and so to have everyone in view.

"Alright. Let us begin" June started, before gesturing toward the plants she had spend months on now. "I want you all to look at these plants closely and tell me if you recognise any" It really was that simple. "And if you do - I want you to tell me what do you know about them"


SPOILER!!: the flowers




OOC: First question is up, you guys! I'll continue in the next 12/16 hours hopefully. Also, for timeline purposes, this class is set after the potions class.
__________________

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment

Samia is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 03:35 PM   #18 (permalink)


DERP & DMGS
Shrake
 
Ginevra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Westview
Posts: 12,845

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Fiona Jenovick
Sixth Year
x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucille Pembrooke
Environmental Protection
Default
Oh, how we drift away from our friends. And the ones back home play remember when

Fiona thoughtfully gazed at the array of flowers to see if she could recognise any of them. Sure enough, her eyes fell upon one so she raised her hand. "I recognise one of the flowers as being the iris. The iris is a perennial flower that can bloom from bulbs when in a more parched climate."
__________________
Ginevra is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 03:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Headmaster
Co-DA Proprietor





MO & DMLE
Bicorn
 
DaniDiNardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Over here! (GMT -5)
Posts: 16,866

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Malachi N. Trent
Graduated

Student Character:
Emmerson N.J. Cambridge
Third Year
Gryffindor
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Emma J. Trevelyan
Knockturn Alley
Default
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

"I know that one there!" Emm said.

It was important to get in her answer before the actual herbology scholars started pouring in with information she still didn't understand how they could possibly know. Was it in a textbook? Was there a textbook? Know what, there was a textbook. One day, when the boredom grew exceptionally mind numbing, she may try to read it.

"It's a yellow flower. Commonly found with other yellow flowers--in fields, the fields where you wear a flow-y dress and skip through while someone off in the distance has a camera and they move it into slow motion after and there's ...there's a gentle breeze and your hair is whipping around--it doesn't really work with blonde hair. Too much yellow. You gotta have darker hair for the contrast otherwise I'd look amazing doing it--you'd probably be fine, but you'd need to be holding a little kid's hand while you skip for the right imagine.....although I guess that depends more on the sort of aesthetic~ you're going for, huh?"

Wait, what was the question again?

Oh! Right.

"But yeah, that's a yellow flower. Sure as day." She was very good at this.
__________________
Imma say all the words inside my head____________________________________

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 05:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & MO
Knarl
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,593

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Student Character:
Heathcliff E. Jones
Sixth Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Vitani Kama
Paradise Piercings and Tattoos
Default Been here all along! *started this before we moved on & didn't want to scrap it all*
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Pirate Princess ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath had trudged down the path to the greenhouse along with the other students from The Room, keeping his head down in an effort to block out his surroundings. Inside lessons or outside, it didn’t matter to him. His dark eyes momentarily flicked toward the flowers. He’d give Professor Flamsteed credit for trying, but they did nothing to boost his morale. Only one thing could do that, getting out of The Room for good, but with each day that passed, that hope slipped farther and farther out of his grasp. Too dejected to actually say anything, he acknowledged the professor with a nod and took a seat next Claudine before the lesson began.

Heath looked up, forcing his eyes to the front as Professor Flamsteed started speaking. It was hard to care about anything or even pretend to care anymore. Most of her words just went in one ear and out the other, but he got the gist of the question. Best get answering it out of the way now before the other students beat him to all the obvious ones. Just surviving day to day took so much out of him that he had no energy left to think outside the box! “Hyacinths,” he said after raising his hand, gesturing toward the pink, white, and purple flowers. “Their flowers grow in clusters around a stalk.” There, participation.
__________________
* What if I'm trying but then I close my eyes and then I'm right back lost in that last goodbye?*

* What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if I never get over you?*
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 06:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
St Mungos Mod


DMAC & DMGS
Crup
 
emjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working
Posts: 17,213

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Morgan Finn McCarthy
Sixth Year
x12 x5

Ministry RPG Name:
Raini Youngbird
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
.
Default
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Sure, Morgan knew several of those flowers. He was actually pretty good in Herbology - when he wanted to be or had the focus - as it was a favorite of much of his family. But his heart really wasn't in it today.

He propped his chin in his hand as he leaned his elbow on his table and stared at the flowers. "That pinkish purple one is a Chrysanthemum," he blurted out suddenly when there was a lull in the answers. "A lot of people call them mums. And my mum likes them." He suddenly missed her. "They also bloom mostly in the autumn," he added. But that's all he felt like saying.
__________________

emjay is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 06:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod



DMLE & DMT
Hinkypunk
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: fb9912|77b5fe|c21e56
Posts: 12,368

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Finneas Schmoe
Graduated

Student Character:
Kinsay James
Third Year
Gryffindor
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Yes, little James was on her way. Not that she had much of a choice. She liked Professor Flamsteed plenty, but participating in class was hard. It was hard when your professor singled you out for being something you weren't trying to be. It was harder still when you knew they were always watching. When they knocked out your sister's teeth. When they turned the subject into something foul. When they killed someone right in front of you. When a friend was vanished.

But Kinsay could tell it was hard for Professor Flamsteed too.

So, yes, little James was here, depending on your definition. She was present. She was sat on one of the stools. She was trying. Not because she wanted to or because she had the energy, but because if she didn't try she might be vanished too. That's the last thing she wanted, to be taken away from her family.

So as Professor Flamsteed gestured over to the colorful array of plants, Kinsay looked with eyes glazed over. Nothing was registering. Lifelessly, she raised her hand in hopes that she would think of something to say by the time it reached her turn to speak. Luckily she had caught some of Heath's answer. "The clusters are nice. It's like they're a family." She lowered her hand slowly. That's all she had. No real answers. No off topic questions.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 09:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Alicante, Idris
Posts: 203,855

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Sixth Year
x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Claudine thought that the professors ought to stop pretending as though everything was okay, to be honest. A lot of them saw through the façade the adults put up, this fifth year included. With a couple of her friends missing from the lessons due to what occurred in the recent Potions lesson, she was glad that Heath sat with her. The anger she had been feeling since being locked in the Room was quickly evaporating and it was leaving her drained. Really, Claudine wanted nothing more to lean against Heath and rest her head on his closest shoulder but… this wasn’t the time.

When Kinsay mentioned ‘family’, the Snakette immediately felt tears burn behind her eyelids. Her own family had been on her mind every single day over the last few months and well, her heart just hurt knowing that she and them stood on different sides of this wizarding mess. Not waiting to cry in front of everyone, Claudine bit her lower lip and zoned in on a cluster of flowers before rasing a hand.

“The white ones… I think they’re from a White Hawthorne tree. If so, they turn light pink before they fall.”
__________________
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 03-09-2021, 11:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Moderator
St Mungos Mod



DERP & DMLE
Grindylow
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 14,125

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Neva Peralta
Graduated

Student Character:
Cecelia Elizabeth Summers
Sixth Year
Gryffindor
x12 x7

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina
Environmental Protection
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Leave it to Emm and Kinsay to actually manage to get a proper smile out of Cece, even if it was a faint one. While Emm’s answer was the most detailed non-answer in the history of ever, creative but probably not exactly what the professor was looking for, Kinsay’s comment on clusters being like family was sweet and very her.

”I recognized the hyacinths too, Professor. They smell nice. I actually think maybe each color has its own smell, is that true?”
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 03-10-2021, 12:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Slytherin

DoM
Firecrab
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 943

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries
Default

Violet was looking at the little yellow flowers, on stalks curving u pin the shape of a cup. She knew she'd seen those before, the name was on the tip of her tongue, but she just could think of it. She wished she'd got her hand up sooner--she could have named the iris or the chrysanthemum.

Sighing, she looked around at the others. Was that purple one what she thought it was? Raising her hand, she said, "Is that kind of bushy purple one a Chinese Aster?" Though she thought the aster might be bushier than this was.
MadAlice is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:46 AM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179