View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 10:33 PM   #63 (permalink)
Samia

DMLE & DoM
Erkling

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Freddy Zimmer
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Missa Renaldi
Law Enforcement
x5
*sappysapper* MAJNOO, YO!

June had honestly not expected the kids to be suddenly full of hope and merry. She herself had been working with these plants for months now and things felt completely dire. She was struggling with her emotions and faith - but something was pulling her along, something kept her going, and helped her imagine reuniting with her sister once again - so the point remained, because whatever was pulling her along ... was perhaps a flicker of hope buried deep inside her.

And this flicker was what she wanted these kids to hold on to as well.

What else did they have to lose anymore anyway.

Moving around and watching them all work, June was mostly silent - and quietly marvelling at how good they were getting with their hands (at least compared to the first time she had seen them work). June was proud. Except of course when she saw Atlas break her plant, "Go work with Miss Summers, Mr Flamsteed. Observe her carefully and then try again"

And she had thought he was better than Aries. Of course Aries would have killed the plant altogether but ... still.

Making her final round, seeing as almost everyone was done, June spoke once more, "I know it is sometimes hard to believe in something intangible, and so it may seem hard to believe in the symbolism of these plants. What can hope really do - but I still want you all to really concentrate on that feeling, try to channel it as we move onto the next part of the lesson because that energy is what will help these plants thrive" Collecting her own plant, and a few others - she gestured them all to follow once again.

"Think of the patronus charm - do you think it will work without that happy memory of yours? The happier the memory, the stronger the charm" Hope was just as powerful. It was a matter of perspective.

"These plants are outgrowing my little patch - so I need you all to use the grounds to replant them. Find them a new home while also thinking about why these flowers may be needed in that space," she went on as she moved them to an already dug up piece of ground near Professor Williamson's hut. A place not picked at random but she would not admit. Bending down, she laid the flowers carefully on the ground and retrieved her wand. "The spell I am going to cast next is usually used by florists, or landscape designers - she explained before pointing her wand at the flowers in front of her, "Floribus Ordinare" she cast clearly and flicked her wrist; slowly the flowers rose - and in the next moment started shuffling about within themselves before revealing themselves to be like a beautiful bouquet. Satisfied with the arrangement, she carefully covered their roots with dirt.

Looking at them all again, she repeated the spell, "Floribus Ordinare"

"Alright then, start replanting these flowers"

OOC: Sorry for the delay, guys. Weekends are a mess ;_; Anyway, main activity is up! June will be walking around, helping whoever is in need. Have fun <3

......................let's be reckless, unaffected, running out until we're breathless
...............let's be hopeful, don't get broken, and stay caught up in the moment