FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 762 users online including...
Vikihmx , Stephensmimb , agrohimofi , maximllon , Vikijgd , Annadi , agrohimfst

11 members
751 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > Floo Network (Extra Fun) > St. Mungo's Hospital (Role-Playing)

St. Mungo's Hospital (Role-Playing) Got a case of roleplay-itis and need to see the healer? Here at St. Mungo's you can roam around and flex your creative muscles.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 09-09-2023, 06:34 PM

Default Sweet Music

Overview
What happens when two avid music lovers become the best of friends? Dynah and Tamara seem intent on finding out - both girl's having met as they created an impromptu duet in Hogsmeade Village during Dynah's second and Tam's first. Music lovers for years, the sharing of that joy made the pair fast friends - even if they also seem to have some misconceptions about the other's personality traits. Now third and second years, what other harmonies can they create together?

Characters
Dynah Atreyu-Rehman (Hufflepuff - third year) - FearlessLeader19
Tamara Bowen (Ravenclaw - second year) - Chelliephone

Scenes
This is a CLOSED RP exploring the school years of Dynah Atreyu-Rehman and Tamara Bowen.
Old 01-30-2024, 12:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

That giggle surely meant that Tamara was enjoying the hand swinging, yes? At least Dy thought so since the other girl hadn’t pulled her hand away. It brought Dy a ton of joy that their hands fit so snugly together and that they were having such a great conversation. That was one thing Dynah liked about her and Tam: even if Dy herself was often lulled into silence or at other times making a goofy fool of herself, the pair always found something interesting to chat about. But she couldn’t understand why her friend was so surprised about wanting them to perform together. She stopped in her tracks as Tam came to a standstill. “Yes, of course. You’re very talented.” And Pretty. “Everyone would want to listen to you perform for hours.” Dy would like nothing more than to stare at her for hours, actually. Then Tamara was loving the idea and reassuring her and… Dynah’s heart swelled with happiness. “Great! There’s a one hundred percent chance that we’ll make the perfect team and have successful careers!” If they got to do that together, it would be the best thing to ever happen in Dy’s life. It was also her way of subtly letting the Ravenclaw know what she wanted to be in her life for a very long time.

It boosted her confidence that Tamara believed in and was happy for her. “Thank you. Right now I feel calm and excited but I doubt those’ll last as the time draws closer.” It was something she was trying not to think about. “Solo opening act. Will you help me pick the pieces to perform? I’m thinking of a medley of sorts.” Having Tam in the audience would definitely help. Dy gave her a wise smile of gratitude.

Did Tam have any idea how happy she was making her today?! “It doesn’t just have to be performances. You can come to my Gobstones matches if you like.” If it wasn’t too much trouble. Dy knew she was asking a lot by offering Tam to spend so much time with her. She now fixed her eyes ahead, her free hand now falling to her side, her fingers uncrossed. “You don’t need an excuse to hang out with me. You can just let me know when and I’ll be there.” Immediately after those words, she bit her lower lip, worried that she might be pushing Tamara.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 05:00 AM   #27 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Tam did enjoy the hand swinging and the walking through the crowd together. The idea of pulling her hand away from Dy hadn't even crossed her mind, instead any time she did put any tension on their joined arms she tightened her hold slightly so they wouldn't lose each other in the throng of people around them. And as for Dynah making a fool of herself? Tam couldn't give her a single example of thinking that had been the case! Dynah's compliment had her blushing a bit, her cheeks quickly turning a shade or two darker than they'd been a moment ago, but a pleased smile settled on her face. "You really think so?" Tam didn't just play the cello because she was good at it - she did it because she was passionate about it, which didn't necessarily even mean she'd ever have what it would take to really go pro. Hearing someone who she thought did compliment her playing meant the world to her. At the confirmation that that's what they should and could do together in the future, her cheeks split into a huge grin. "Okay! We should definitely play around with the idea! Maybe we could find some showcases to audition for and play together just to get a feel for how we are in a professional setting as a team?" She knew how they sounded together when they played for fun - and there was certainly something there! As for the implication of being around each other for a long while, well Tam didn't think much on it only because she already assumed they would be. Weren't the friends you made at Hogwarts the ones you kept for life? Dynah had been her very first friend and perhaps arguably the most important!

At Dy's confession, she gave the girl's hand a squeeze. "If you get more nervous as the time draws closer, you can always come talk to me about it." They could go down to the kitchens and have a cuppa or some ice cream or something and talk until Dynah's nerves were soothed once again. "i'd be happy to help you pick your pieces! Do you have any favorite songs? We could probably compose some of the ones you like into an original medley for performance." It would give them a fun project to work on together too in their spare time.

At the invitation to her gobstone matches too, Tam smiled and nodded her head - agreeing once more. "Okay! I might annoy you with my questions too though about gobstones. Andi is far more into Quidditch so that's the only sport I have a lick of knowledge of." And even then, the knowledge was limited and she generally just stuck to watching her sister and cheering whenever Andi was in possession of... one of the ball things used. Tam certainly didn't think the Hufflepuff was pushing her, in fact she was pleased by the open offer. But she also blushed a little as she swung their hands again, to give herself something else to do instead of focusing on the insecurity in the words she was about to speak. "You know, I'm sorry if I'm not very good at this being a friend thing. I don't really think you think there has to be a REASON to hang out, I just worry about being needy and bothering you." Because she knew she liked to spend all of her time with Dy, but that didn't mean she knew it was reciprocated.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 12:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

For the record, Dy enjoyed whatever time she and Tam spent together. In fact, she was beginning to suspect that she was becoming addicted to Tam’s company. This terrified her because what if she got really greedy and wanted Tam to spend even more time with her? What if she ended up getting jealous whenever she saw Tam hanging out with anyone else? Dy sincerely hoped she didn’t become that type of person. As it was, she welcomed any increased pressure on her hand from this girl.

If Dy wasn’t careful, she was going to be bumping into loads of people since she happened to be staring at Tamara a lot, particularly when that blushing happened. The rosier colour just suited her crush. Dy shook her head. “I KNOW so.” She just didn’t think that Tam would entrall an audience; she was certain about it. With both talent and beauty? Who wouldn’t be smitten with that combination? The older girl herself was. “That’s a brilliant idea! Having such an experience would look wonderful on our resumes. I just might start looking into that later today.” Yes, please! It would bring Dy no greater joy than Tam hanging around for a very long time {preferably forever}. This would make them friends forever.

Those words meant a lot and they left the Hufflepuff rather soft that Tamara was willing to help her out. “I’ll take you up on that offer, even if I don’t get nervous.” In other words, they would be having a few more hangouts regardless. “I have a ton of favourites! Oldies and modern from many genres so we have an extensive list to go through. I wouldn’t mind adding a few originals in there too. Having you help will be like having you on stage too.” It was a nice sentiment in Dy’s opinion because now that she found someone who she bonded with and shared an interest in music with, she wanted to honour that friendship in some way.

Dynah laughed. “I don’t think you could ever annoy me. I’ll do my best to answer your questions! Dad taught me all I know so your knowledge of Gobstones may soon surpass that of Quidditch.” The perks of having a professional player as a dad! The older girl suddenly frowned. “But you’re VERY good at it! Whatever gave you the idea that you weren’t?” These words were followed by a firm shake of the head. “I like your company very much.” Maybe a little too much. “You could hang out with me for day on end and I wouldn’t mind.” All this was said very casually, not as though she was dying for them to share more than a friendship.

Old 02-25-2024, 02:03 AM   #29 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

As it stood now, there was not a whole lot of other people that sought out Tam’s time. Sometimes her sisters, and soon there would be two others of those running through the castle halls (which truthfully, she looked forward to having Miri and Simi around). And she and Vesper were friends but… the majority of her time definitely went to being spent with Dynah. She would have just been relieved to know the Hufflepuff didn’t mind that fact.

While it was not consciously done, Tam had Dy’s back in this regard. She was watching out for people in the crowd around them and gently tugging the girl this way and that, as needed, just to avoid anyone hitting her. She didn’t notice any distraction though on her companion’s part, she was just assuming it was everyone else who was the problems. As for beauty and talent? Well… she would have argued against both, perhaps unsurprisingly. She worked hard for her music to be sure, but for beauty? She was average, at best, if you asked her. “Maybe we can look together?” She offered shyly, in response to Dynah’s enthusiasm. “If you don’t have plans, after that is. We could go find an ice cream parlor or somewhere to sit and look!” A coffee shop was sure to have some newspapers too if they weren’t there, and they could search entertainment sections.

She smiled and gave a nod of enthusiasm, agreeing again to sit and talk with her whenever she needed. Nerves or not! Excuse her while she went soft at that statement from Dy. She wanted it to feel like she was on stage with her too? She hoped her expression didn’t show how minorly emotional she felt at the statement, and instead just kept her smile in place. “We should do a mash up of all your favorite genres then. What are some of your all time favorite songs?” Maybe they could start there with overlapping? Plus… it’d just be good information to have.

Here a skeptical look was given by the Ravenclaw, because she was certain she COULD annoy if she tried. Or if she didn’t. “Between you and Andi, I might jus become quite the sports trivia expert!” She sincerely doubted it, but she would still try to be interested and learn for the pair of them. “Well… I just don’t think I am. I’m too shy and hesitant to reach out enough. I feel like it looks… disinterested, I suppose. But I swear I’m not.” She was just afraid of rejection, which was getting a little easier to overcome with all of the reassurances Dy gave.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 02-27-2024, 11:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Dynah would not have known whether to be thrilled that she seemed to be first in line for having Tam;s time or sad that the girl didn’t have that many people she could hang out with. Dy herself was a social butterfly, and so she was always in someone’s company… but she would always find the time for Tam who was quickly becoming one of her favourite persons.

Mhmm, this would definitely explain why there hadn’t been any accidents. Thank you, Tamara! It was nice to have the other girl looking out for her. This rather attractive girl. Uh huh. No one could change Dy’s mind on her stance on the matter, not even Tam herself. Her heart skipped a few dozen beats at the suggestion. THIS MEANT MORE TIME TOGETHER!!! How was a girl to turn such an offer down? “Brilliant! I would love that very much.” The shyness was noted but it was secretly found to be adorable so there would never be complaints on her part. As a matter of fact, there wasn’t a thing about the Ravenclaw that she would complain about. “I think there’s a cafe nearby, over on the next street. Shall we? But remind me that I’ll need to message dad to let him know to come get us sometime later.” Luckily she and Tam were responsible to be left to their own devices.

Dy had momentarily bitten her lower lip after her sentiments had left her mouth. She thought that she might have gone overboard by saying so much mushiness, even if it had been the truth. Thank Merlin that Tamara didn’t seem to mind; that dazzling smile said it all. “We can do that. I like a little of everything - rock, pop, classical… some of my favourite songs are in different languages, I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned that? But one of my all time faves has got to be ‘Strawberry Secrets’ by Joshua Miller. Do you know it?”

Dynah just had to do it; she just had to laugh at the disbelieving look on Tam’s face. Well, for starters, this Hufflepuff could certainly show the Ravenclaw that she was not annoying to her. “Having bits of knowledge of many things can be handy at some point so these trivia might serve you well.” Poor Tam. It must be tough and disheartening to think that way. Dy just wanted to give her a big squishy hug. “There’s nothing wrong with being shy. But I promise you don’t seem disinterested. I know you well enough by now to speak on that topic.”

Old 04-11-2024, 11:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

There was no need to be sad on Tam’s account. She had her sisters, and her cousins which there was quite the abundance of. Besides while she did not have the qualities of an extrovert, the friends she DID have were more than enough - like Dynah herself. Her only concern was being a bother to the Hufflepuff, which she would take the other girl at her word and try not to stress too much about that possibility.

The enthusiastic agreement was a relief to her, and she let out a small breath while some of the shyness ebbed away, instead replaced by an odd fluttering in her chest while her grin stretched across her face. Oh? Dy even knew of somewhere that would be good for them to park themselves? “A cafe sounds lovely!” And she was certain she had enough pocket change she could get something for both of them so the proprietors of the establishment wouldn’t be annoyed by their presence. “I’ll remind you as soon as we’re seated.” She promised, knowing she would remember to just that. Last thing she wanted was for one or both of Dynah’s dads to not like her because they had forgotten to remain responsible. She’d need to send her own parents an update as well - if only just so they were well informed on her whereabouts.

Tamara hadn’t found it to be too much at all - in fact, she was pleased by what the girl considered ‘mushiness’. It was nice having someone that cared so much about her and wanted to share things with her - even better that they had the shared interests to do so on. Considering the genres she listed, Tam tilted her head while she thought - a few different melodies unconsciously being hummed as songs of each popped into her mind. “Considering the tempos and the sounds of each, I bet we could start a song with the upbeat pop vibes before mellowing it out into almost a ballad, which could then lead into the classical. And then for the climax? We bring it to rock and really end on a strong note.” As for her favorite artist and song? “I don’t listen to too much without lyrics but… I know I’ve at least heard of Joshua Miller! I’ll look up the song!” And maybe buy the latest album, if it was one Dy liked a lot.

It was hard to not giggle as well, which was exactly what Tam did at Dynah’s laugh. The sound of the Hufflepuff’s amusement was just far too infectious to have not done so! “Maybe I should join the Quiz bowl in a few terms so I can really let the random tidbits in my brain shine.” She giggled again, before sobering slightly at the other topic. It was exhausting if anything for how much she beat herself up in all social interactions - but truly, she was getting better about it. Thanks to the present company. “I think you might be one of the only ones who does know me well enough to speak on this subject.”

Old 04-19-2024, 11:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

If those persons and Tam herself were enough for her, then Dy was happy as long as Tam was content. Besides, it was quality over quantity that mattered when it came to having people in one’s life. Sometimes, the tighter the circle, the better. Dy dearly wanted to be a part of this circle and it seemed that she just may be accomplishing this without trying too hard.

Dear, sweet Tamara really needn’t worry about Dynah saying no to their continuous time together. Surely she would have noticed a pattern by now that the Hufflepuff never refused a request, and shifted things around on her schedule when she could? “We could get ourselves some treats. Hmmm, come to think of it, I could do with a cheese danish. Yes. That was a perfect snack. "Thanks!” With the way there was always a ton of stuff on Tam’s mind, sometimes she could be quite forgetful. Without further ado, she began leading the way to the cafe, still maintaining a hold on Tam’s hand while the conversation continued.

See, this is exactly why Dynah enjoyed talking music with her friend. Tamara understood, Tamara knew, and Tamara offered wonderful suggestions. Other than Dad Adi {who played the guitar just as a hobby}, there wasn’t anyone she enjoyed more than running ideas by. “Oh my goodness! That’s a lovely idea!” She gave the other girl a look of admiration. Her Ravenclaw mind was truly something Dynah liked. “I believe we will be able to put something spectacular together.” She then nodded understandingly. “Fair enough. He’s amazing! You should visit me one day so when can spend the time going through his entire discography!”

Such a cute little giggle! It was truly a melodious sound to Dy’s ears. Grinning, the older girl remarked, “I think your brain holds a lot of interesting knowledge already!” She resisted the urge to pat Tam on the head. And though she was thrilled to hear the next words, Dy couldn’t help but reply with words of her own that may sabotage the heartwarming moment: “I’ll always understand you but surely your family probably knows you better?”

Old 04-20-2024, 05:02 PM   #33 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

It was true that in all of their hang outs thus far, there had never been a moment that Dynah had denied an offer of spending time together. Which… Tam hadn’t either, if she thought on it. But that didn’t ease her worry entirely… yet. She was getting there, if she was honest. “A cheese danish sounds yummy! I wonder if they’ll have cake slices for sale too…” She was rather a fan of strawberry shortcake, if she could find something similar to it to pair with a drink. Tam let Dy take the lead, keeping her hand in the other girls as she followed along after her - a happy grin still on her face as they moved along.

She was just as pleased to have someone to talk about this stuff with. Her family was full of creative thinkers, and they all would allow her to go on about music things if she wanted, but their creative interests laid elsewhere. The shared interest with Dy had made it so easy too to jump into their friendship and have things to talk about - another reason music was even more special to her now. At the compliment and the look she was getting, Tam flushed a bit red and reached up to tuck her hair behind her ear - a shy tick of hers. “I’m certain that’s true! I can’t wait to get started!” As for the offer for another hang out? As established, she certainly wasn’t going to say no to that. “That sounds like fun! I’d love to. Anytime!”

Another giggle as Tam shook her head. “ I don’t know about that, but thank you. I just pick up really small random pieces here and there. A lot of it might be even too niche for trivia bowl.” She laughed again. At Dynah’s retort, which didn’t do anything to lessen the moment to her, she tilted her head as she considered. “Well… in some ways maybe. But in others, maybe not. There’s a lot of us in our family so… keeping up with all our interests and our likes could be difficult to keep straight, so I don’t know how much they all remember or really know about me.” Which was not a criticism or something she had really seen evidence of on their part, but the poor self esteem in her just imagined this was probably the case.

Old 05-01-2024, 08:58 PM   #34 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

If Dy only knew how worried Tam was, she would offer more reassurance. The only ways she could show that Tam’s presence was valued in her life was for their hangout time to continue. “Cake does sound great too! I could treat myself to both, now that I think about it.” As a dancer, Dy certainly worked up an appetite at times. But food was temporarily pushed from her mind as she took a peek at Tam and saw the gorgeous smile. She liked that smile very much.

This Hufflepuff could not agree more about all the things but she couldn’t agree more that hers and Tam’s interest in music was a blessing. Especially when one of Dy’s fave things had become them bonding even further over the topic. After all, there were endless topics on the subject. But not only that, it also opened doors to other subjects and day by day, Dy was learning more about Tam. And Dy was only liking her even more the more facts were revealed about the other girl. That tick of hers was the cutest! Or rather, one of the cutest because that blush wasn’t far behind. Dy pretended not to stare by alternating her gaze between the stream of people passing by and Tam. “It shall be loads of fun and very interesting,’’ she piped up, already anticipating these moments. “Whenever you want! My schedule’s always cleared for you.”

Could Tam giggle like that all day, please? “If you were ever a contestant on a trivia show, you’d own the music category!” And Dy would be cheering her on, of course! As the conversation continued, the older girl listened with rapt attention. She liked learning about Tam’s life, no matter if she felt a smidge of resentment towards Tam’s family for not paying more attention. “I understand.” Sort of? “You still deserve to have your family pay as much attention to you as possible as much as anyone else.” And not until Tam was all famous then they’d take a huge interest in her. “Well, no matter. You have me now. I’m always going to be interested in whatever you have to say or whatever you do.” After getting that fact out, Dy quickly changed the subject. “Here we are!” The aroma of fresh-baked goods wafted out at her. “Let’s see if there's cake, shall we?”