sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 403 users online including...
parkaparka , customdresses , Helios Sunrider

6 members
397 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Malachi Trent's Reign > Term 59: September - December 2021


Term 59: September - December 2021 Term Fifty-Nine: The Strange Plant in Greenhouse Six (Sept 2105 - June 2106)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2021, 02:08 PM
Waddles Waddles is offline
 
Default CoMC Lesson 2 - Ashwinders

Today the CoMC classroom paddock is host to several fire pits, complete with wood stacked nearby, ready to be arranged and lit. Around the fire pits, an ankle-high maze fills the rest of the paddock, with its walls far enough apart for student feet to walk around in without stepping on the tiny walls. And despite spending most of the morning clearing the paddock to install the maze, vines have started creeping back into the paddock and along the maze.

At the front, Professor Paszek is waiting in front of the only pre-arranged but still unlit fire pit. Gather around, class will begin soon.


ooc: Welcome! As always, SS rules apply, and please acquaint yourself with the CoMC rules if you haven't already! Class will officially begin in about 24 hours. CLASS HAS BEGUN!


Greetings and Fire-building
Question 1: What are magical pests?
Question 2: How can magical pests be useful?
Old 11-12-2021, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)





G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 13,884

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cyril Eamonn Amstern
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Care of Magical Creatures still remained his favorite of the classes. Making his way down the paddocks, there was a small bounce to his step. The excitement was soon overtaken by curiousity how ever, seeing the maze laid out around the fire pit. He only eyed it for a moment, before gingerly stepping around it and finding himself a spot by the fire pit.

Only then did he also remember his greetings. "Hello, Professor. Do you know how the creatures in the lake are faring?" He was definitely constantly concerned, but was also choosing to trust the Professor's were doing what they could.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 11-12-2021, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DIMC & DMGS

Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,998

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aria Mae McLeod
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ryder Jude Anders
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Marvel-ous Patronus

Magical Creatures lessons were an all time fave for Claudine. Even the ones taught at Beauxbatons had been enjoyable. She was reflecting on those in particular as she arrived at the paddock. It was unbelievable how time flew so quickly so that now she was standing here for one of her very last creature lessons. At Hogwarts, at least.

"Hi, professor," the seventh year greeted then turning to give the surroundings a quick glance over. One thing for sure? The maze was sorta cute with its smallness. It was definitely going into her sketchpad. Mhmm.
__________________
I wish that I could be like the cool kids

'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 11-12-2021, 11:40 PM   #4 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,500

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

"Hello, Professor," Violet said as she arrived at class. She looked curiously around at the setup, observing what looked like a tiny maze--for tiny creatures, perhaps? And...vines, she noted with distaste.

Also what looked like fire-pits in the making. Well, Violet was certainly good at setting fires--that had been a curious aftereffect of the year she had been possessed by the ghost and forced to set part of the Forbidden Forest on fire. She didn't really remember much about what happened to her then, but for some reason, she was now very good at fire spells.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 11-13-2021, 01:43 AM   #5 (permalink)



DMAC & DOM

Crumple-Horned Snorkack
 
SilverTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal *sighs*(GMT-8)
Posts: 110,872

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cailyn Cooke
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ryan Knight
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Dylan Morgenstern
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Elizabeth Chambers
Flourish and Blotts

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kiara Mordaunt
Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions
x5 x3
Default
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

She was beginning to feel as if going outside was dangerous, and Gracelyn didn’t like it. It reminded her of past terms and events she thought she’d gotten past, and it was stressful enough knowing exams were coming up way too fast. Adding the vines and whatever exactly had happened in the greenhouses was almost too much, but he’d still managed to muster up a smile at the sight of the minuscule and yet large maze taking up the paddock as she’d arrived for the next CoMC lesson.

Not to mention the firepits, which nearly made her ask about s’mores. Even if she knew the odds of that happening in a creatures lesson were probably slim. Instead, she’d joined the small group who had arrived already and given the professor another smile. “Hi, Professor Paszek,” she added simply. At the very least, she wouldn’t forget that.
__________________
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out, this is brave, this is bruised,

this is who I'm meant to be, ---------- ---------- this is me
SilverTiger is offline  
Old 11-13-2021, 03:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,146

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Valentina made her down to the grounds for her next lesson, humming a tune. She was feeling cheerful and relaxed.. it was just one of those days, you know?? AND getting to learn about a new creature was kind of exciting, right?

"Hello, professor!" She greeted with a bright smile, immediately noticing the maze. OOOh, interesting. The blonde found herself a spot next to Claudine, even if she found the older girl slightly intimidating.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 11-13-2021, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,974

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation
Default
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath made his way to the creatures paddock, curious as to what today's lesson would have in store. His dark eyes scanned the area, taking in the wood, the fire pit, and the tiny maze. Now he was even more curious than ever! How could the three things fit together? Clearly the maze was meant for a creature, a creature that needed fire maybe? Or a lot of fires, if the stacked wood was any indication. Never mind, he supposed he'd find out soon enough.

"Hello, Professor Paszek," he greeted with a slight smile and a polite nod of acknowledgment. With the pleasantries out of the way, he moved to stand with Claudine and Valentina. "Hi," he said quietly, giving each girl a friendly nod in turn.
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 11-13-2021, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Clabbert
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 19,039

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret Turov
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Joseph Kynaston
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Text Cut: Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
Care of Magical Creatures still remained his favorite of the classes. Making his way down the paddocks, there was a small bounce to his step. The excitement was soon overtaken by curiousity how ever, seeing the maze laid out around the fire pit. He only eyed it for a moment, before gingerly stepping around it and finding himself a spot by the fire pit.

Only then did he also remember his greetings. "Hello, Professor. Do you know how the creatures in the lake are faring?" He was definitely constantly concerned, but was also choosing to trust the Professor's were doing what they could.
"Good afternoon, Mr. Nam," Mia said, trying to keep her face as neutral as possible as she considered his question. "They are, um, hanging in there," she said simply. It seemed a more hopeful response than not dead yet. It was really hard to tell if they'd be able to save them, with the little information they had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Magical Creatures lessons were an all time fave for Claudine. Even the ones taught at Beauxbatons had been enjoyable. She was reflecting on those in particular as she arrived at the paddock. It was unbelievable how time flew so quickly so that now she was standing here for one of her very last creature lessons. At Hogwarts, at least.

"Hi, professor," the seventh year greeted then turning to give the surroundings a quick glance over. One thing for sure? The maze was sorta cute with its smallness. It was definitely going into her sketchpad. Mhmm.
"Hello, Miss Blaze," Mia said with a nod of greeting. It had been nice getting to know all the students so far. Claudine was a seventh year, which meant she was graduating soon, but there was still time. Best to just enjoy the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
"Hello, Professor," Violet said as she arrived at class. She looked curiously around at the setup, observing what looked like a tiny maze--for tiny creatures, perhaps? And...vines, she noted with distaste.

Also what looked like fire-pits in the making. Well, Violet was certainly good at setting fires--that had been a curious aftereffect of the year she had been possessed by the ghost and forced to set part of the Forbidden Forest on fire. She didn't really remember much about what happened to her then, but for some reason, she was now very good at fire spells.
Mia was pleased to see that the maze was getting some curious looks. It had been fun to lay out, and hopefully would prove for a fun lesson too. "Hello, Miss Blackthorne."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
She was beginning to feel as if going outside was dangerous, and Gracelyn didn’t like it. It reminded her of past terms and events she thought she’d gotten past, and it was stressful enough knowing exams were coming up way too fast. Adding the vines and whatever exactly had happened in the greenhouses was almost too much, but he’d still managed to muster up a smile at the sight of the minuscule and yet large maze taking up the paddock as she’d arrived for the next CoMC lesson.

Not to mention the firepits, which nearly made her ask about s’mores. Even if she knew the odds of that happening in a creatures lesson were probably slim. Instead, she’d joined the small group who had arrived already and given the professor another smile. “Hi, Professor Paszek,” she added simply. At the very least, she wouldn’t forget that.
Another seventh year. Unfortunately they were not planning on any s'mores today. The chocolate, the marshmallow...too risky to have in the creatures paddock. Someone might drop something, and one of her creatures might eat it and get sick. "Hi, Miss Abbot-Daniau," she said, returning the Hufflepuff's smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Valentina made her down to the grounds for her next lesson, humming a tune. She was feeling cheerful and relaxed.. it was just one of those days, you know?? AND getting to learn about a new creature was kind of exciting, right?

"Hello, professor!" She greeted with a bright smile, immediately noticing the maze. OOOh, interesting. The blonde found herself a spot next to Claudine, even if she found the older girl slightly intimidating.
Here was another who always seemed chipper about being in her classes. "Hello, Miss Nichols," she said, smiling right back. She wondered if the professors of the core subjects had such engaged students...she enjoyed that her class was an elective. It meant most of her students really wanted to be there and learn about magical creatures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Heath made his way to the creatures paddock, curious as to what today's lesson would have in store. His dark eyes scanned the area, taking in the wood, the fire pit, and the tiny maze. Now he was even more curious than ever! How could the three things fit together? Clearly the maze was meant for a creature, a creature that needed fire maybe? Or a lot of fires, if the stacked wood was any indication. Never mind, he supposed he'd find out soon enough.

"Hello, Professor Paszek," he greeted with a slight smile and a polite nod of acknowledgment. With the pleasantries out of the way, he moved to stand with Claudine and Valentina. "Hi," he said quietly, giving each girl a friendly nod in turn.
"Good afternoon, Mr. Jones," she greeted yet another seventh year. Her classes were going to feel very different next year when some of her best students had graduated. A shame.



Aaaand...yes, it was time to begin. As soon as the dial on her watch twitched toward two, Mia clapped her hands to get everyone’s attention. “All right, good afternoon everyone! Before we get started with anything creature-related today, I’d like for you to get these fires built! Magically, please, that part is very important,” she said. “Work in groups, it might be good to get an older student in each group to supervise. ” And to avoid any groups consisting solely of first years, who might not know how to start a fire.

She paused, then figured she could help out a little more than that. “The incantation is Incendio, if anybody needs reminding,” she added. And...a quick demonstration with her own stack of firewood might be useful. “Incendio,” she muttered, pointing her wand at her personal fire pit. Once flames started to flicker, she looked back out at the students. "All right, let's get going!" The fires were only the first part of the class, obviously she wasn't here to teach them how to start fires.


OOC: So there’s about 5 fire pits, so we can have up to 5 groups! The firewood needs to be arranged in the fire pits, and the fires need to be lit magically. You’ll have about 48 hours to post.
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

Dance like nobody's watching! You're perfectly happy to do your own thing, no matter
what anyone else is doing. So what if the moves don't match the dance? You do you!
Waddles is offline  
Old 11-13-2021, 05:26 PM   #9 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,500

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default Anyone want to form a group?

All right--fire starting was the first task. Violet knew she had this one and felt confident enough to step over to one of the firepits and call out, "Anyone want to form a group with me?" While she waited to see if she got any takers, she began to select a few of the larger logs and to start laying them down in a neat square at the bottom of the pit.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 11-13-2021, 10:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DIMC & DMGS

Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,998

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aria Mae McLeod
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ryder Jude Anders
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Marvel-ous Patronus

Oh yes. Claudine could sometimes be intimidating. CoMC classes were where she was least intimidating, however. At least she thought so because the creatures made her happy and she smiled more than she usually did. Speaking of smiles… Valentina got one. Heath got one too, as he always did.

As usual, Claudine was impatient for things to get started when it came to this class. Magical fire? Her dark eyes widened slightly. Did this mean… ashwinders? You bet she was excited, even more than before. She immediately moved towards one of the firepits. In that process, she had motioned those nearest to her - Valentina and Heath - to follow her. If they wanted to, of course.

“Firewood first,’’ she remarked necessarily. Because duh; wood was a must. Already Claudine had grabbed two pieces and had began to carefully arrange them in the pit.
__________________
I wish that I could be like the cool kids

'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 11-14-2021, 02:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,452

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cooper Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default #TeamCrisscrossAppleSauce
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

You had him at firepits.

While not the most disastrous with this particular subject, Atlas still had his share of struggles and mishaps - though thankfully they came not at the expense of any creature. His robes tended to suffer the most, truth be told.

Fire making was something he KNEW he could handle and had a certain proficiency for as well. SO...where were the s'more kits? Hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
All right--fire starting was the first task. Violet knew she had this one and felt confident enough to step over to one of the firepits and call out, "Anyone want to form a group with me?" While she waited to see if she got any takers, she began to select a few of the larger logs and to start laying them down in a neat square at the bottom of the pit.
"You need smaller things first," Atlas offered in suggestion to the Slytherin going for the big pieces first while he knelt down and scooped up some bits of straw and other tiny sticks in his immediate area. "The kindle. Then use those bigger ones in a crisscross pattern."

Yes, hello. He would be joining this group. To answer her query. Actions spoke louder than words anyway.
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 11-14-2021, 03:09 AM   #12 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,913

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default Team with Atlas and Violet
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Phoebe watched the groups slowly starting to form, and she immediately assigned herself as babysitter over Violet and Atlas. They were younger than her, for one, but mostly because Atlas was like a magnet to disaster. It would be best if there were no disasters while they were working with fire.

Phoebe dropped down next to the firepit and examined the set-up. "I'm joining you two. And if we're supposed to start a magical fire, do you suppose that means the gathering should be magical too? Like summon the sticks to us?" She demonstrated by Accioing some twigs with a non-verbal flick of her wand.
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline  
Old 11-14-2021, 03:17 AM   #13 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,146

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default Team with claudine
SUMMER FOREVER

Valentina looked visibly relieved when Claudine smiled at her, responding with one of her own. The older girl always looked so.. intense but she looked so pretty when she smiled!! Oh, magically built fires! She wondered what that was about.. what creature could be related to firepits??

She collected a few pieces of wood and handed them to the seventh year with another little smile. Very helpful.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 11-14-2021, 02:14 PM   #14 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,485

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rosa Knight
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Anyone want to form a group? (ps been here whole time)
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Bella stood to the back of the group formed around Professor Paszek's fire pit when the first task was announced. They needed to start a fire in the pits by stacking the firewood and using incendo. Were they going to be working with firecrabs perhaps? Anywho it wasn't the time to guess this lessons creature so Bella looked around as her peers scrambled to form groups around her. Going over to an unclaimed firepit she called out "Does anybody want to partner with me?" She waited to see if anyone was joining her before she started to stack the fire logs like her daddy did when they camped in the summers.
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

You're a social butterfly, making sure to show attention to all your best friends. Naturally
you'll go to the ball with company who are just as content to mingle the crowd!
Nordic Witch is offline  
Old 11-14-2021, 04:15 PM   #15 (permalink)





G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 13,884

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cyril Eamonn Amstern
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default Hi Bella!
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

They're hanging in there. Even as lesson started and everyone was standing around listening - he was very distracted. Concerned. They really needed to figure out the vine situation, before it was too late for the lake creatures.

He was brought back to as attention on the class when people were starting to form up. He'd missed the instructions, but considering people were placing firewood in the pits - it seemed self explanatory. Hearing Bella ask about partners, Evan made his way towards her, immediately grabbing some wood and laying it down in the fire pit. "I'll work with you." Though he supposed that was already obvious, even without being stated.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 11-14-2021, 10:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DIMC & DMGS

Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,998

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aria Mae McLeod
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ryder Jude Anders
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Marvel-ous Patronus

SPOILER!!: This pretty lady! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Valentina looked visibly relieved when Claudine smiled at her, responding with one of her own. The older girl always looked so.. intense but she looked so pretty when she smiled!! Oh, magically built fires! She wondered what that was about.. what creature could be related to firepits??

She collected a few pieces of wood and handed them to the seventh year with another little smile. Very helpful.


Would Claudine be offended if anyone told her that she usually looked intense? Not in the least since it was a fact she had long figured out about herself. Valentina was a sport though, helping out with the wood. And a plus? The Gryffindor wasn’t chatty, which was a good thing. Claudine appreciated silence, and this silence was comfortable silence.

The seventh year added some smaller pieces to the base of the pile. That usually was the key to a roaring fire, right? Especially if this lesson was indeed focused on Ashwinders, then Claudine wanted to ensure this fire they built was one of the best.

“Thank you,’’ she told Valentina, accepting the firewood then adding it neatly to the smaller pieces as well as the two she herself had grabbed. “Want to have the honours of getting this lighted?”
__________________
I wish that I could be like the cool kids

'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 11-15-2021, 06:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,146

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

SPOILER!!: Pleeease ;___;
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Would Claudine be offended if anyone told her that she usually looked intense? Not in the least since it was a fact she had long figured out about herself. Valentina was a sport though, helping out with the wood. And a plus? The Gryffindor wasn’t chatty, which was a good thing. Claudine appreciated silence, and this silence was comfortable silence.

The seventh year added some smaller pieces to the base of the pile. That usually was the key to a roaring fire, right? Especially if this lesson was indeed focused on Ashwinders, then Claudine wanted to ensure this fire they built was one of the best.

“Thank you,’’ she told Valentina, accepting the firewood then adding it neatly to the smaller pieces as well as the two she herself had grabbed. “Want to have the honours of getting this lighted?”


Val watched as the older girl arranged the wood neatly, tucking her hair behind the ears. Isn't Claudine a seventh year like Cecelia? She won't be seeing them around next year onwards - which made her feel all kinds of sad. Anyyyyway.

"Yeah, sure! I can do that." Pulling out her wand, she pointed it at their fire pit and casted the spell. "Incendio." She watched as the flames flickered brightly, looking at Claudine once again. "Do you know what creature we are going to be learning about?"
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 11-15-2021, 11:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
Moderator
Newbie Mod



DIMC & MO
Antipodean Opaleye
 
MadMadamMalfoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Storybrooke
Posts: 9,974

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Hector E. Velez
International Cooperation
Default semi-catchup/joining Claudine & Valentina
1/2 of Roston ~ Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath had just enough time to return Claudine’s smile before the lesson began. He turned his attention to Professor Paszek, listening intently to the directions. He wasn’t the least bit surprised to hear they were building fires - really, what else could they do with firewood and firepits? The part that surprised him was that it was important that it be a magical fire. He could only think of one reason!

He inwardly groaned at the mention of group work, but fortunately, he didn’t have to look far for a group. Catching Claudine’s motion out of the corner of his eye, he smiled. He could always count on her to include him! He followed behind her and Valentina, nodding in reply to her words. “Firewood it is!” he said with a soft chuckle.

Heath picked up a few pieces of wood and added them to the pit, taking extra care not to jostle the pile Claudine created. He stepped back to allow Valentina to cast Incendio, watching as the flames flickered to life. “Good job,” he said with a slight smile for the younger girl. As he overheard her question, he shot Claudine an “are-you-thinking-what-I’m-thinking” look. She was much better at Creatures than him, so if he had an idea what the creature was, he was certain she knew too!
__________________
Old voices I had thought long since dead whisper of another life I might have led

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline  
Old 11-15-2021, 10:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DIMC & DMGS

Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,998

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aria Mae McLeod
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ryder Jude Anders
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Marvel-ous Patronus

SPOILER!!: Valentina & Heath <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post

Val watched as the older girl arranged the wood neatly, tucking her hair behind the ears. Isn't Claudine a seventh year like Cecelia? She won't be seeing them around next year onwards - which made her feel all kinds of sad. Anyyyyway.

"Yeah, sure! I can do that." Pulling out her wand, she pointed it at their fire pit and casted the spell. "Incendio." She watched as the flames flickered brightly, looking at Claudine once again. "Do you know what creature we are going to be learning about?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Heath had just enough time to return Claudine’s smile before the lesson began. He turned his attention to Professor Paszek, listening intently to the directions. He wasn’t the least bit surprised to hear they were building fires - really, what else could they do with firewood and firepits? The part that surprised him was that it was important that it be a magical fire. He could only think of one reason!

He inwardly groaned at the mention of group work, but fortunately, he didn’t have to look far for a group. Catching Claudine’s motion out of the corner of his eye, he smiled. He could always count on her to include him! He followed behind her and Valentina, nodding in reply to her words. “Firewood it is!” he said with a soft chuckle.

Heath picked up a few pieces of wood and added them to the pit, taking extra care not to jostle the pile Claudine created. He stepped back to allow Valentina to cast Incendio, watching as the flames flickered to life. “Good job,” he said with a slight smile for the younger girl. As he overheard her question, he shot Claudine an “are-you-thinking-what-I’m-thinking” look. She was much better at Creatures than him, so if he had an idea what the creature was, he was certain she knew too!


It was a perfect pile. She and Heath had done a great job. And Valentina as well for all too soon they were done with this part of the activity. Despite the weather not being cold or even in the least bit chilly, the seventh year felt the warmth of their firepit.

Her eyes lit up when Valentina asked about the creature they might be studying today. Her gaze swung to Heath just in time to catch his look. She grinned and turned her attention back to the Gryffindor. “I think it might be Ashwinders. They’re created from magical fires.” Naturally, Claudine could add more to that but why spoil the fun?
__________________
I wish that I could be like the cool kids

'Cause all the cool kids, they seem to fit in.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 11-15-2021, 11:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Clabbert
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 19,039

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Margaret Turov
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Joseph Kynaston
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Once all the fires were going, it was of course time to move on. “Okay,” Mia said, stepping into the mini maze and walking around to check out the fires. It looked like Claudine, Heath, and Valentina’s group were having no trouble getting their fire lit. The Phoebe-Atlas-Violet group and Evan/Bella team, on the other hand…She wasn’t going to call anybody out by name, but she paused at the fire pit of Phoebe, Atlas, and Violet to make sure they didn’t need any help. She could instruct from here. “While we let the fires burn down, let’s talk about pests. Magical pests, to be specific.” She raised her voice slightly, she wanted to be sure they could hear her.

“What are some examples of magical pests? Why are they considered pests, specifically?” She kept an eye on the Gryffindors and Violet, but moved on to check on Evan and Bella's fire.


Ooc: Feel free to answer any of the above questions. Fires in the fire pits should be lit now, if you didn’t quite get to lighting the fire, feel free to catch up. You’ll have about 24 hours to post your answers.
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

Dance like nobody's watching! You're perfectly happy to do your own thing, no matter
what anyone else is doing. So what if the moves don't match the dance? You do you!
Waddles is offline  
Old 11-16-2021, 12:36 AM   #21 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod


DMLE
Mooncalf
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Rhody!
Posts: 7,264

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simon E. Holden
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lisa Nam
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Default
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

She had been lost in her thoughts… which wasn’t an odd occurrence but what she ans V had discussed had preoccupied her all day so it was until people were forming groups did she come back to attention. Huh? She saw the three man groups already (Claudine/Heath/Valentina and Atlas/Violet/Phoebe) form quickly and then her eyes landed on a group that wasn’t quite three yet so she made a beeline to balance out the class. Funnily enough, her brother was part of that group so hopefully he didn’t mind her joining Bella and him. “Hi!! Can I tag along?” she asked, out of courtesy, before butting in with more wood to offer her new team.

Before she could make a comment, Professaur was asking a question! She raised her hand to answer the question. Ooh! Ooh! She knew LOTS OF PESTS!! “Doxy’s can be pests. I’m sure they wouldn’t agree but I think they’re considered one… As for what makes them pests.. is it cause they’re troublemakers?” And that they like to have fun? And if that was so, could she be considered a magical pest? She turned her gaze to her brother, hopefully he didn’t think she was TOO MUCH OF A PEST to him.
__________________
AT THE HOGWARTS YULE BALL, YOU'LL BE TURNING UP WITH....___________________

This is an event, and events are serious business. You're going to the Ball to impress
and amaze with decorum, elegance, and grace.
Watson is offline  
Old 11-16-2021, 04:00 AM   #22 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #9b111
Posts: 13,156

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Botros
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Kins was a little out of it, so while everyone else moved around to form groups, she stayed put for a little longer. Just thinking. About stuff and things. Being a teenager is the very worst.

It was only as people really started getting their firepits going that Kins realized she was one of the only ones without a group and in a bout of panic, she scurried over to Phoebe (and Atlas and Violet). Atlas didn't like her very much and she wasn't sure how Violet felt, but maybe neither of them would mind if she just stood back and didn't touch anything. She didn't want to ruin their firepit anyway.

You know what was a real pest? Homework. Maybe she could convince Professor P against giving them any.

"These vines are pests..." Professor Flamsteed would probably agree. "They harm other plants and keep getting in the way of everything." Which was totally the definition of 'pest'. Nevermind that they were in Creatures and not Herbology.

__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 11-16-2021, 04:52 AM   #23 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,146

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

.... Ashwinders?? Valentina's eyes widened. Snakes?? They were going to study snakes? "Oh.. well, I guess I'm not too excited about this lesson now." She half smiled at Claudine and Heath ( another older student who seemed very intimidating as well but he did have a nice smile ).

She turned to look at the professor, raising her hand almost immediately. "Garden gnomes, professor!" .... right??
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 11-16-2021, 06:56 AM   #24 (permalink)





G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 13,884

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cyril Eamonn Amstern
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Seeing how far along the other groups were compared to theirs, Evan hurried himself a little more to gather the wood and stack it all in the fire pit - noticing Lisa ask if she could join them as well as she started to do the same. He simply shot her a small, as an 'of course' but all showing appreciation for the fact she had not waited and simply got to task. Not that this was uncharacteristic or anything either though, as patience was not a virtue he would say his sister had.

Pests was it? He could hear the beginning of discussion as he hurriedly placed a few more logs and pulled out his wand with an "Incendio" at the fire, hoping his sister and Bella did not mind he had done the honors. He turned, considering making a soft joke about his sister being a pest but considering she was already looking at him and she still had not seemed quite Lisa-like to him, he bit his tongue and just smiled again. Magical pests was it? Garden gnomes and doxy's was a good answer, vines even more so. He raised his hand to offer an answer as well, "Nifflers can be pest like with their obsession with shine."

But they were cute too, so forgiven.
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 11-16-2021, 08:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,452

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Gryffindor
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cooper Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default Violet, Phoebe, & Kinsay! :3
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Blond brows arched in delight as the one and only Phoebe James joined their group. Had she seen the error of her --- oh...she was making a good point and he had almost missed it just staring at her. Ogling, really.

Atlas dropped a few more bits of straw and sticks where there firepit was soon to be. "I probably shouldn't." Summon things, that is. "Things tend not to go in a straight line when I do." Or at all. Boom and all that.

He may not be able to Accio well, but one thing Atlas knew how to do was start fires - magically or otherwise. So with tinder down and kindling on top of that all crisscross like before adding the logs and bigger pieces of wood that Violet had collected. Those logs went around the little bits with a kind of teepee-like structure to it all. "My unchiul, uncle, taught me," he explained to the ladies with a small shrug of the shoulders. "Basic survival training."

Setting things on fire was the easy part.

SPEAKING of PESTS...well...no...he wouldn't exactly put Kinsay James into the category of pest. Especially not when Phoebe James was around. He would be polite and even smile at her as she joined. Mmmhmm.

As to the professor's question...well...his hand went up. "Anything can be a pest," he offered as a lukewarm sort of response. "As long as it is annoying, troublesome, or destructive ....it can be a pest. Dad says felines, kneazles, are pests and their claws are wicked destructive and harmful. They are predators and hunt and prey on native species. A real threat to global biodiversity AND cats, felines, in general have contributed to the extinction of 63 species of birds, mammals, and reptiles in the wild and continue to adversely impact a wide variety of other species," Atlas recited practically verbatium from one of dad's tirades. "I personally find chizpurfles the worst. They've sabotaged me loads with my robotics."
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213