sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 472 users online including...
hermionesclone , MichaeloCreaK , PhoenixRising , Edgareitref , Methrenhow , DuckyLinJi , Edwardyonem , Saburadip , PuppySara

11 members
461 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > United Kingdom

United Kingdom Magic can be found everywhere throughout the United Kingdom. Just be mindful of the Muggles who are out and about.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 10-05-2022, 12:47 AM

Default St. James's Park

Tucked amid London's busy streets and buildings, being a roughly six-minute walk from the Ministry entrances, is St. James's Park. Covering 57 acres and featuring a small lake with two islands, there is plenty to explore. Entering the park from Horse Guards Road to the east, one will find themselves near a park pavilion and quaint cottage. From the Mall to the north is a gate kiosk, drinking fountain, and a tiny coffee shop. Walking far enough west, one will stumble upon the Vitoria Memorial, Buckingham Palace, and the park's playground. The rest of the park provides a number of trails and a bridge that gives access across the lake from the south end of the park to the north.

On a sunny day, the park is a perfect getaway, especially during one's lunch break or after clocking out of work. It is is an excellent place to have a picnic under the shade of a tree, enjoy watching the waterfowl and resident colony of pelicans idly swimming in the lake, or go for a stroll or a run along the trails with a friend before having to venture back into the loud, bustling city.

The usage of wands or anything magical is strictly prohibited in the park to avoid breaking the Statute of Secrecy.
Old 05-21-2024, 01:45 AM   #51 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Default Joel and Darius!
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

St. James Park had to have been one of Daire's favorite places to spend his time. He didn't mind his job, the heads always giving him a laugh and his not-so-little younger sister visited him fairly often still, but the bowling alley naturally didn't have the fresh air and the spaciousness the current location provided. The company he had today didn't hurt either in making the location and the day a better one. Dribbling a ball between his feet, he kicked it ahead and jogged ahead a bit to stop it before it veered off path, before angling his body and kicking it backwards towards Darius. "Heads up, mate."

Glancing this way and that, Daire was pleased to see they'd found a spot clear enough of other patrons of the park. It would be just his luck to accidently hit someone or something and then have to spend precious time of the afternoon apologizing or listening to some older gent or ma'am lecture at him. If he wanted a lecture, he probably would have picked a course of study already like his mum was so desperate for him to do. He wasn't opposed he just... didn't know what interested him. So better to just not think on it. "How's the Quidditch season going?" Or had it perhaps just ended?

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 02:17 AM   #52 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry Department Head:
Firash Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
St. James Park had to have been one of Daire's favorite places to spend his time. He didn't mind his job, the heads always giving him a laugh and his not-so-little younger sister visited him fairly often still, but the bowling alley naturally didn't have the fresh air and the spaciousness the current location provided. The company he had today didn't hurt either in making the location and the day a better one. Dribbling a ball between his feet, he kicked it ahead and jogged ahead a bit to stop it before it veered off path, before angling his body and kicking it backwards towards Darius. "Heads up, mate."

Glancing this way and that, Daire was pleased to see they'd found a spot clear enough of other patrons of the park. It would be just his luck to accidently hit someone or something and then have to spend precious time of the afternoon apologizing or listening to some older gent or ma'am lecture at him. If he wanted a lecture, he probably would have picked a course of study already like his mum was so desperate for him to do. He wasn't opposed he just... didn't know what interested him. So better to just not think on it. "How's the Quidditch season going?" Or had it perhaps just ended?

If there was any grander place than the outdoors to hang out, Darius would've loved to try that out. From the bit he's gotten to know of Daire, he was a cool bloke and easy on the eyes to get along with. Focusing on the ball at hand, he got to use part of his beater trained eyes to use as he didn't flinch at the speed of the ball heading towards him. Though without his trusty bat, his limbs were a good deflector, "Got it," As the side of his foot connected as a buffer, before bouncing off his knees.

This was already fun, "Well, practices have been on the grueling side," Darius said, "After winning last season, our coach has been adding more drills to keep our victory once we start next week," You would think part of the reward was taking things a little easier but nope. Still, he smiled though, "This is a welcome break from all the shouting.. How's.. work and everything?" It felt right to ask about his side of things as the ball then was returned with a kick.

Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 04:45 AM   #53 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

If there was any grander place than the outdoors to hang out, Darius would've loved to try that out. From the bit he's gotten to know of Daire, he was a cool bloke and easy on the eyes to get along with. Focusing on the ball at hand, he got to use part of his beater trained eyes to use as he didn't flinch at the speed of the ball heading towards him. Though without his trusty bat, his limbs were a good deflector, "Got it," As the side of his foot connected as a buffer, before bouncing off his knees.

This was already fun, "Well, practices have been on the grueling side," Darius said, "After winning last season, our coach has been adding more drills to keep our victory once we start next week," You would think part of the reward was taking things a little easier but nope. Still, he smiled though, "This is a welcome break from all the shouting.. How's.. work and everything?" It felt right to ask about his side of things as the ball then was returned with a kick.

Daire could have gotten behind that thought for certain. Stadiums were fun, but often outdoors as well, and rock climbing and other mundane activities such as that. And yet nothing that he could ever think up that was something he genuinely classified as "fun" could be found fully indoors. Perhaps his calling in life was just that of a nomad. Daire watched as Darius caught the ball, making no secret of his admiration of the quick movements and easy stop. "Well if Quidditch ever gets too much, you could probably have one killer career in futbol too." He replied with an easy grin.

Adding more to an already winning regime was something that didn't compute for the Grenadine, but he supposed the couch wouldn't have had the winning team if he didn't have some ideas of what he was doing. "New season starts next week already?" he let out a low whistle. "Time certainly flies. Feeling excited about getting back to the competition part of it?" At that last comment, Daire couldn't help but throw his head back a bit and let out a laugh. "If it starts to feel too much out of the normal, let me know. I'm sure we could get up to some shouting too." A tease, of course.

As the ball and pleasantries were returned his way, Daire jogged off to the side to intervene the ball from passing him, kicking it up with the top of his foot so he could send it back Darius way with his head. "It's decent. Nothing glamorous, but it pays the few bills I have. The heads are great company, keep me witty. I'll have to figure something else out eventually but I'm in no rush til I know what I love to do." If he was stuck with one vocation for the rest of his life, shouldn't he enjoy it instead of settling for something else?

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Old 05-21-2024, 05:35 PM   #54 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Firash Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:
Daire could have gotten behind that thought for certain. Stadiums were fun, but often outdoors as well, and rock climbing and other mundane activities such as that. And yet nothing that he could ever think up that was something he genuinely classified as "fun" could be found fully indoors. Perhaps his calling in life was just that of a nomad. Daire watched as Darius caught the ball, making no secret of his admiration of the quick movements and easy stop. "Well if Quidditch ever gets too much, you could probably have one killer career in futbol too." He replied with an easy grin.

Adding more to an already winning regime was something that didn't compute for the Grenadine, but he supposed the couch wouldn't have had the winning team if he didn't have some ideas of what he was doing. "New season starts next week already?" he let out a low whistle. "Time certainly flies. Feeling excited about getting back to the competition part of it?" At that last comment, Daire couldn't help but throw his head back a bit and let out a laugh. "If it starts to feel too much out of the normal, let me know. I'm sure we could get up to some shouting too." A tease, of course.

As the ball and pleasantries were returned his way, Daire jogged off to the side to intervene the ball from passing him, kicking it up with the top of his foot so he could send it back Darius way with his head. "It's decent. Nothing glamorous, but it pays the few bills I have. The heads are great company, keep me witty. I'll have to figure something else out eventually but I'm in no rush til I know what I love to do." If he was stuck with one vocation for the rest of his life, shouldn't he enjoy it instead of settling for something else?

With the variety of places the could end up, Darius would have little trouble in disagreeing on their next venture. Chuckling, "Maybe.. You know, it's a wonder why you haven't been picked up by a team. I could see my coach putting your skills to good use.." And hey, free excuse to spend more time with his friend.

Darius couldn't help sighing, "It really does," Thinking how much has changed since graduating, "Honestly, I'm pretty excited. Since getting my kids a couple years ago, it's gotten easier balancing raising them and Quidditch. Now I feel I got enough time to spare with them starting school," But he didn't want to risk boring his friend over his parental challenges. Especially, with that offer that got Darius curious if perhaps the sun was heating his face, "..Now that's an offer I can't refuse," Usually, he was the tease but now he found his brain in lock, in a good way.

But his gaming instincts returned at the sound of the ball making contact in his direction, "Well, with a strong head like yours, I know you got this. You got time to work that all out," Darius said as the ball reached his foot. They were barely in their mid-twenties, and wizards like them had more time to spare. His own career had a time-limit as well but there were always other options that he could figure out later. Returning with another kick, "Maybe you can share with me how those heads keep you witty over dinner later?" Last he recalled, his parents had been wanting more time with his boys again.

Old 05-21-2024, 11:33 PM   #55 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

With the variety of places the could end up, Darius would have little trouble in disagreeing on their next venture. Chuckling, "Maybe.. You know, it's a wonder why you haven't been picked up by a team. I could see my coach putting your skills to good use.." And hey, free excuse to spend more time with his friend.

Darius couldn't help sighing, "It really does," Thinking how much has changed since graduating, "Honestly, I'm pretty excited. Since getting my kids a couple years ago, it's gotten easier balancing raising them and Quidditch. Now I feel I got enough time to spare with them starting school," But he didn't want to risk boring his friend over his parental challenges. Especially, with that offer that got Darius curious if perhaps the sun was heating his face, "..Now that's an offer I can't refuse," Usually, he was the tease but now he found his brain in lock, in a good way.

But his gaming instincts returned at the sound of the ball making contact in his direction, "Well, with a strong head like yours, I know you got this. You got time to work that all out," Darius said as the ball reached his foot. They were barely in their mid-twenties, and wizards like them had more time to spare. His own career had a time-limit as well but there were always other options that he could figure out later. Returning with another kick, "Maybe you can share with me how those heads keep you witty over dinner later?" Last he recalled, his parents had been wanting more time with his boys again.

Truthfully, professional sports wasn't something that had been entirely off of his radar, considering he enjoyed being active. But ... "Never played in school or anything so never had a chance to be scouted. Besides, don't teams usually want some experience? Not sure how much oomph playing with friends at the pitch would give a resume." Which was the biggest reason he'd never even tried to pursue the idea. "I dunno, maybe I could try out for a mascot position and work my way into a team's good graces. But frankly, I get pretty defiant being shouted at so maybe it's better off." Though getting so spend more time around Darius and the players he'd come to admire would have been quite an experience.

Daire smiled a bit at the sigh, especially when the words immediately following it showed the other male wasn't downtrodden about the start of the season - just probably as surprised as he by how quickly time seemed to pass. Which.. speaking of? "How old are the boys now? School already seems like a wild thought. How you feel about them starting that rite of passage?" Darius need not concern himself with boring Darius. When he liked the company, no topic was a risk of that - and he happened to enjoy today's company a good deal. Daire smirked a bit at the expression at his offer, and did he spot a hint of red to his friend? He threw a wink his way. "Just doing what I can to help a mate."

A bark of laughter escaped him at that statement. "I think it's my hard head that could be the probably. At least, my mum certainly seems to think that's what's in my way." But he appreciated the vote of confidence. While Daire himself was comfortable with his current mediocrity, it was also nice to know that those whose opinion he held in high regard didn't find him an embarrassment. With the ball returning his way again, Daire jogged to his right this time, stopping it just in time to send it back with a lock from the inside of his foot. When the question registered, he paused his movements and let his smirk grow even wider. "Futbol in the park and a dinner offer? Careful Mr. Potter, I might start to think you're hitting on me."

Old 05-22-2024, 11:16 PM   #56 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Firash Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:
Truthfully, professional sports wasn't something that had been entirely off of his radar, considering he enjoyed being active. But ... "Never played in school or anything so never had a chance to be scouted. Besides, don't teams usually want some experience? Not sure how much oomph playing with friends at the pitch would give a resume." Which was the biggest reason he'd never even tried to pursue the idea. "I dunno, maybe I could try out for a mascot position and work my way into a team's good graces. But frankly, I get pretty defiant being shouted at so maybe it's better off." Though getting so spend more time around Darius and the players he'd come to admire would have been quite an experience.

Daire smiled a bit at the sigh, especially when the words immediately following it showed the other male wasn't downtrodden about the start of the season - just probably as surprised as he by how quickly time seemed to pass. Which.. speaking of? "How old are the boys now? School already seems like a wild thought. How you feel about them starting that rite of passage?" Darius need not concern himself with boring Darius. When he liked the company, no topic was a risk of that - and he happened to enjoy today's company a good deal. Daire smirked a bit at the expression at his offer, and did he spot a hint of red to his friend? He threw a wink his way. "Just doing what I can to help a mate."

A bark of laughter escaped him at that statement. "I think it's my hard head that could be the probably. At least, my mum certainly seems to think that's what's in my way." But he appreciated the vote of confidence. While Daire himself was comfortable with his current mediocrity, it was also nice to know that those whose opinion he held in high regard didn't find him an embarrassment. With the ball returning his way again, Daire jogged to his right this time, stopping it just in time to send it back with a lock from the inside of his foot. When the question registered, he paused his movements and let his smirk grow even wider. "Futbol in the park and a dinner offer? Careful Mr. Potter, I might start to think you're hitting on me."

Darius could understand any sort of hesitation, it was nerve wracking for him to even try out for a team even with his experience. "I get that. Just seems like you'd be a natural with your skills already in football since they translate pretty well," At least, it did for him, "Might even make it as a reserve if not Mascot," Darius couldn't help chuckling, "See, that's fair. She can be tough, but she's cool with giving people a chance," As much he'd love to envision being on the same team, it helped being more realistic. But nothing like dreaming, right?

If there was another thing that got Darius happy was thinking about his boys, "Eloy's 5 and Ted's about 3 now. It's nice but on the bittersweet side. I know I don't have much long before I can't carry them each in one arm let alone whenever they stop asking for rides." Such a feeling though, maybe now he was understanding how sappy his dad got. Especially with the reminder of his brother.. "Sorry, I must be boring you with this." Even though Daire didn't give that impression, Darius didn't want to risk that. Especially with the tease sent his way, "Keep it up and you might be more than a mate." Merlin, did he just say that?

Well, why wouldn't he say that? With a laugh like that, it was contagious. Darius nearly forgot that they were still passing when he heard the impact of the ball being sent. Jogging his way over to reach it, was when he heard the last bit. With the heat of his face blocking his vision, he missed, tripping over landing as the ball rolled off past him. Welp, that was smooth.

Old 05-25-2024, 01:05 PM   #57 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

Darius could understand any sort of hesitation, it was nerve wracking for him to even try out for a team even with his experience. "I get that. Just seems like you'd be a natural with your skills already in football since they translate pretty well," At least, it did for him, "Might even make it as a reserve if not Mascot," Darius couldn't help chuckling, "See, that's fair. She can be tough, but she's cool with giving people a chance," As much he'd love to envision being on the same team, it helped being more realistic. But nothing like dreaming, right?

If there was another thing that got Darius happy was thinking about his boys, "Eloy's 5 and Ted's about 3 now. It's nice but on the bittersweet side. I know I don't have much long before I can't carry them each in one arm let alone whenever they stop asking for rides." Such a feeling though, maybe now he was understanding how sappy his dad got. Especially with the reminder of his brother.. "Sorry, I must be boring you with this." Even though Daire didn't give that impression, Darius didn't want to risk that. Especially with the tease sent his way, "Keep it up and you might be more than a mate." Merlin, did he just say that?

Well, why wouldn't he say that? With a laugh like that, it was contagious. Darius nearly forgot that they were still passing when he heard the impact of the ball being sent. Jogging his way over to reach it, was when he heard the last bit. With the heat of his face blocking his vision, he missed, tripping over landing as the ball rolled off past him. Welp, that was smooth.

Truthfully, it was football itself he would rather play professionally, but Daire especially didn't see a world in that worked - not in a pro league anyways where he had no prior experience. Perhaps one of the lesser leagues, but even then it could be a stretch and probably not enough pay to provide himself. Nah, he was much better off playing that recreationally. But Quidditch he supposed he was something he could still consider. It could be worth a shot right? Worst they could say was no? He smiled at acknowledgement of his natural ability, because whose ego wouldn't focus on that a little. "Thanks, mate. I'll genuinely consider it. As much as I love my job in the alley, can't wrangle heads for forever." Though it was true he did still have a lot of his life left, as pointed out earlier. The perks of being a wizard. But then again... you were never guaranteed tomorrow, were you?

5 and 3 already?? Time certainly went by quickly, though Daire was certain it sped especially for Darius. "That sounds reasonable to me. I always hear parents say time really does seem to fly by when you are one. Do you think that's true too?" Each stage of a kid just went quickly, he supposed. Especially if you were invested and loved them and a little bit wanted each one to last longer. Not that he had any experience with that, but there were so many younger cousins and the like in his family, he'd often heard aunts and uncles (more like distant cousins too, but easier to simplify it) lament on it. At the comment of boring him, Daire looked genuinely surprised for a moment as he blinked. "Why would that be boring me? I asked, remember. I wouldn't have if I wasn't interested in knowing." He assured, replacing the surprise with a reassuring smile. Though, that didn't last long either before it turned more into a smirk as an eyebrow rose. "Is that said to be a threat or a promise? Because it works better as one than the other." Which he wouldn't clarify, but Darius was smart and he was certain he'd know which based on the context of the rest of their interactions.

It had probably been bad timing on his part to flirt as he'd sent the ball, considering it could be a distraction, but Daire hadn't imagined he'd trip him up as he had. There was perhaps a small inner voice that was a bit smug, but considering he'd yet to know if Darius was okay he ignored it entirely as he jogged over instead. "You alright?" He asked, concerned as he reached an arm down to help him to his feet. But then because Daire was, well... Daire, he couldn't resist a smile. "Didn't expect you to fall for me already."

Old 05-25-2024, 02:15 PM   #58 (permalink)

Augurey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amatheia Barrington
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

x2 x7
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Apparently their youngest's admiration for quidditch was still a little up in the air...but said little sea urchin had stumbled upon some old pictures and Prophet clippings that had inspired her interest to be tickled in the first place. Gaia supposed she saw the connection between drumsticks and brooms if she squinted and turned her head sideways though - they both were made from wood and even specific kinds of wood!

Her husband never ceased to be the most absurd person she knew. "I am sure we can find sooooooome sort of physical activity you will enjoy," she cooed while walking her fingers up his shoulder. And no, she was not trying to pitch him going for a walk with her in the early morning - or rather he walked while she jogged. "Oh, and a seaweed wrap too. Cannot recall the order of them, but I've booked us both. AND, before you ask, no you cannot eat the seaweed and no we are not going to look like human sushi but yes we can get sushi after if we find ourselves inspired by the wrap."

Laying back entirely, which meant she could look up through the branches of the trees and see little slivers of sky through the leaves, Gaia smile and stretched her limbs a bit. This was one of her favorite views of nature and very reminiscent of scuba diving and snorkeling and looking up through all the kelp towards the sky. Sure, there were specific things gifted the title of 'wonders of the world' but nature itself was a wonder.

"If you need some sunscreen to help with all that soaking there is a bottle in my bag," she teased while sticking her tongue out playfully at him.
Would be karma if it became a quidditch-obsessed household when either of them played professionally and the last time he played he was in school. He was on a team that won the house cup but honestly, he was just along for the ride. Not to mention it was over 30 years at this point or close. That was the best compliment you could give him. Nigel gave the question some thought since obviously, he did. But would she like his answer? “Pickleball, its a good time” Also excuse him, it was called power walking and he walked pretty fast regardless. Years of trying to get away from people has its perks sometimes.

The old man opened his mouth…nope answered……answered again….this was spooky legilimency right now.

“Why did you have to spoil the fun of me asking about human sushi! Now i have nothing fun to add. Its like you stole the last sushi from my plate”

woe is him. siiiiigh.

Sunscreen good call. He did put in the one he liked to use before they left as well. While putting in on all the important places he had a question not related to sushi or seaweed.

"You still want to do the bonfire this week? Since I think next week is raining if the weather man wasn't lying "

-------------------------------------Be a pineapple: Stand tall,
-----------------------------------------wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
oh its Erik ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 06:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Firash Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:
Truthfully, it was football itself he would rather play professionally, but Daire especially didn't see a world in that worked - not in a pro league anyways where he had no prior experience. Perhaps one of the lesser leagues, but even then it could be a stretch and probably not enough pay to provide himself. Nah, he was much better off playing that recreationally. But Quidditch he supposed he was something he could still consider. It could be worth a shot right? Worst they could say was no? He smiled at acknowledgement of his natural ability, because whose ego wouldn't focus on that a little. "Thanks, mate. I'll genuinely consider it. As much as I love my job in the alley, can't wrangle heads for forever." Though it was true he did still have a lot of his life left, as pointed out earlier. The perks of being a wizard. But then again... you were never guaranteed tomorrow, were you?

5 and 3 already?? Time certainly went by quickly, though Daire was certain it sped especially for Darius. "That sounds reasonable to me. I always hear parents say time really does seem to fly by when you are one. Do you think that's true too?" Each stage of a kid just went quickly, he supposed. Especially if you were invested and loved them and a little bit wanted each one to last longer. Not that he had any experience with that, but there were so many younger cousins and the like in his family, he'd often heard aunts and uncles (more like distant cousins too, but easier to simplify it) lament on it. At the comment of boring him, Daire looked genuinely surprised for a moment as he blinked. "Why would that be boring me? I asked, remember. I wouldn't have if I wasn't interested in knowing." He assured, replacing the surprise with a reassuring smile. Though, that didn't last long either before it turned more into a smirk as an eyebrow rose. "Is that said to be a threat or a promise? Because it works better as one than the other." Which he wouldn't clarify, but Darius was smart and he was certain he'd know which based on the context of the rest of their interactions.

It had probably been bad timing on his part to flirt as he'd sent the ball, considering it could be a distraction, but Daire hadn't imagined he'd trip him up as he had. There was perhaps a small inner voice that was a bit smug, but considering he'd yet to know if Darius was okay he ignored it entirely as he jogged over instead. "You alright?" He asked, concerned as he reached an arm down to help him to his feet. But then because Daire was, well... Daire, he couldn't resist a smile. "Didn't expect you to fall for me already."

Darius smiled, "No problem, mate. I got your back," Even if it might be dangerous territory being so close during games. And after games. "Who knows, you just might be trading the set of heads you'll be wrangling." Meanwhile, he had the liberty to take a crack at them every now and then.

Time flying, it really was an unfair concept. "Have to say it's true, especially once they spend less time in front of you," Darius said. "I guess when you're watching someone else grow into the years you've already passed, it seems much quicker." He could recall his kid years and how life seemed infinite. It took forever for him to be old enough for Hogwarts. Then old enough to graduate and now.. It was refreshing to want to be heard. "Cool, I'm just not used to talking this much at least in front of someone I-" Like. Alot. He wanted to say. "am really comfortable with," Now that was close. Him being the first to admit things? Not his usual style. The smirk was back on, "Why, Mr. Grenadine, it sounds like you would want that promise from me." Maybe it was the snake in him, but who could resist. Well, a lot actually. But he was happily distracted by the teasing.

Where was that ball? Who knows, who cares. Darius rolled over nearly blinding his eyes from the sun before Daire's face replaced the sun with his hand outreached to him. How nice. He could smile and die of embarrassment right here. Aria knew where his will was and his boys would be taken care of. You alright? Maybe he was alright. It felt a bit cheesy the situation, but he could live with that. Didn't expect you to fall for me already. Nope, he was dead again. "Shut up," He laughed before taking his hand, and pulling him down, unknowingly towards his own face.

Old 05-27-2024, 06:24 PM   #60 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:

Darius smiled, "No problem, mate. I got your back," Even if it might be dangerous territory being so close during games. And after games. "Who knows, you just might be trading the set of heads you'll be wrangling." Meanwhile, he had the liberty to take a crack at them every now and then.

Time flying, it really was an unfair concept. "Have to say it's true, especially once they spend less time in front of you," Darius said. "I guess when you're watching someone else grow into the years you've already passed, it seems much quicker." He could recall his kid years and how life seemed infinite. It took forever for him to be old enough for Hogwarts. Then old enough to graduate and now.. It was refreshing to want to be heard. "Cool, I'm just not used to talking this much at least in front of someone I-" Like. Alot. He wanted to say. "am really comfortable with," Now that was close. Him being the first to admit things? Not his usual style. The smirk was back on, "Why, Mr. Grenadine, it sounds like you would want that promise from me." Maybe it was the snake in him, but who could resist. Well, a lot actually. But he was happily distracted by the teasing.

Where was that ball? Who knows, who cares. Darius rolled over nearly blinding his eyes from the sun before Daire's face replaced the sun with his hand outreached to him. How nice. He could smile and die of embarrassment right here. Aria knew where his will was and his boys would be taken care of. You alright? Maybe he was alright. It felt a bit cheesy the situation, but he could live with that. Didn't expect you to fall for me already. Nope, he was dead again. "Shut up," He laughed before taking his hand, and pulling him down, unknowingly towards his own face.

Dangerous was just synonymous with fun, wasn't it? At least sometimes. Or maybe just in these particular circumstances. The joke actually stuck with him for a moment. Trading what heads he was wrangling? What that made his mind instantly think of was coaching. Which... wasn't a terrible idea. Of course not in the big leagues, but.... a resume for coaching a football club for minors would be far easier to magically tweak a resume to fit than for being a pro player. And he didn't mind being around kids, he never had. It was... another idea to contemplate on, though he was trying to not get too distracted into doing so now.

"With the age they're at, the school's they go to will only be during the day, yeah?" He didn't think boarding started so young, but truly he didn't know much so he'd have to clarify. "Is your Quidditch schedule ever hard for your time with them?" The nice thing was with being magic, travel took far less time than it did for the teams of the mundane sports. But there was still all the training, the practices, the games, the occasional PR moments.... it was a lot, he was sure. Daire couldn't help the grin as his eyebrow quirked up a bit. "If you can't talk in front of who you're comfortable with, who do you talk a lot in front of Darius?" He was teasing him, but mainly in an effort to just to assure that he could talk as much as he had the words for. Daire liked listening to him. He wouldn't ask so many questions and show interest if he didn't. His grin simply grew, as he gave a non-nonchalant shrug of his shoulders. "Now you can't expect me to openly admit anything further so early in the game, can you?"

The ball was, for the moment, forgotten as Daire looked down an amused smile still playing on his lips. It took a moment for Darius to give any type of a response, though considering how strong he'd come on with his flirting that was to be expected. Though the silence just gave him the opportunity, and desire, to further tease him. Which he would have done, except there was a laugh now and Darius accepted his hand. Daire noticed for a moment how warm and nicely it fit in his, but before he could redirect his attention away from the observation and pull Darius up, he was instead being pulled down. He had enough balance to not fully topple over onto the other male, but not enough to stop his head from moving down closer, his lips brushing against Darius' briefly first before Daire decided he might as well take the opportunity to give a proper kiss.

Which he then proceeded to do just that.

Old 05-28-2024, 12:19 AM   #61 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Firash Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:
Dangerous was just synonymous with fun, wasn't it? At least sometimes. Or maybe just in these particular circumstances. The joke actually stuck with him for a moment. Trading what heads he was wrangling? What that made his mind instantly think of was coaching. Which... wasn't a terrible idea. Of course not in the big leagues, but.... a resume for coaching a football club for minors would be far easier to magically tweak a resume to fit than for being a pro player. And he didn't mind being around kids, he never had. It was... another idea to contemplate on, though he was trying to not get too distracted into doing so now.

"With the age they're at, the school's they go to will only be during the day, yeah?" He didn't think boarding started so young, but truly he didn't know much so he'd have to clarify. "Is your Quidditch schedule ever hard for your time with them?" The nice thing was with being magic, travel took far less time than it did for the teams of the mundane sports. But there was still all the training, the practices, the games, the occasional PR moments.... it was a lot, he was sure. Daire couldn't help the grin as his eyebrow quirked up a bit. "If you can't talk in front of who you're comfortable with, who do you talk a lot in front of Darius?" He was teasing him, but mainly in an effort to just to assure that he could talk as much as he had the words for. Daire liked listening to him. He wouldn't ask so many questions and show interest if he didn't. His grin simply grew, as he gave a non-nonchalant shrug of his shoulders. "Now you can't expect me to openly admit anything further so early in the game, can you?"

The ball was, for the moment, forgotten as Daire looked down an amused smile still playing on his lips. It took a moment for Darius to give any type of a response, though considering how strong he'd come on with his flirting that was to be expected. Though the silence just gave him the opportunity, and desire, to further tease him. Which he would have done, except there was a laugh now and Darius accepted his hand. Daire noticed for a moment how warm and nicely it fit in his, but before he could redirect his attention away from the observation and pull Darius up, he was instead being pulled down. He had enough balance to not fully topple over onto the other male, but not enough to stop his head from moving down closer, his lips brushing against Darius' briefly first before Daire decided he might as well take the opportunity to give a proper kiss.

Which he then proceeded to do just that.
"Yeah, they end in the afternoon," Nodding, Darius knew eventually, they'll be gone for an extended period. He might have to ask his parents how they coped. He remembered missing Tad and Daisy terribly when he was too young to go. Though he expected his boys to not experience any tragic events as he did. "Sometimes, mainly with games out of the country. But I always had an arrangement for them to travel with me. Though now, I think I'll be getting more acquainted with Floo powder," Grinning at the thought. He usually didn't talk much, mainly out of choice. He was more of the physical type. "Well, I usually do more of the listening, so this is a welcome change," So he was quite appreciative of this turn around as he continued smiling. "No, you're right. But your avoidance tells me enough. You're not against the idea of spending more time with me." If so, now was the time as he tiltedh is head in an expected manner.

At this point, the ball could stay forgotten. When Darius pulled him down, he expected Daire to fall as well. Have him land by his side or in a way for him to playfully eat his own words. What happen next caused him to blink at the brush against his own lips. As rugged as they both were, the softness took him by surprise. His eyes looking to meet his. His mind was teetering on going into overdrive. What would Daire do? Ask him if he did it on purpose? Yell at him? Hit him? Instead, the next action replaced all those thoughts. How long did this last? Seconds? Felt more like hours. The usual outdoor sounds of birds chirping, grass blowing in the wind were muted. Eventually, not by choice but for a need to breathe, he removed himself.

Deep breath, before his grin returned as he sat up, "Wow.. I didn't expect you to fall for me too," Even if he did the pulling.

Last edited by Charely Potter; 05-28-2024 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-03-2024, 12:27 AM   #62 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Diagon Alley Proprietor:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals

Quote:
"Yeah, they end in the afternoon," Nodding, Darius knew eventually, they'll be gone for an extended period. He might have to ask his parents how they coped. He remembered missing Tad and Daisy terribly when he was too young to go. Though he expected his boys to not experience any tragic events as he did. "Sometimes, mainly with games out of the country. But I always had an arrangement for them to travel with me. Though now, I think I'll be getting more acquainted with Floo powder," Grinning at the thought. He usually didn't talk much, mainly out of choice. He was more of the physical type. "Well, I usually do more of the listening, so this is a welcome change," So he was quite appreciative of this turn around as he continued smiling. "No, you're right. But your avoidance tells me enough. You're not against the idea of spending more time with me." If so, now was the time as he tiltedh is head in an expected manner.

At this point, the ball could stay forgotten. When Darius pulled him down, he expected Daire to fall as well. Have him land by his side or in a way for him to playfully eat his own words. What happen next caused him to blink at the brush against his own lips. As rugged as they both were, the softness took him by surprise. His eyes looking to meet his. His mind was teetering on going into overdrive. What would Daire do? Ask him if he did it on purpose? Yell at him? Hit him? Instead, the next action replaced all those thoughts. How long did this last? Seconds? Felt more like hours. The usual outdoor sounds of birds chirping, grass blowing in the wind were muted. Eventually, not by choice but for a need to breathe, he removed himself.

Deep breath, before his grin returned as he sat up, "Wow.. I didn't expect you to fall for me too," Even if he did the pulling.

The whole boarding portion of a wizarding education seemed like it would be the most difficult portion to deal with of being a parent. Daire hadn't considered it too much when he'd been a student himself. But he'd noticed it a bit when he'd graduated and Nox hadn't yet. And that had only been his sister. A kid? Someone you were sole protector of and saw every day? That was rough. "I bet the travel was fun for them. And good too. There's no education quite like travel." Floo powder wasn't a bad option either though. Especially if they had to be more tethered to their own schools. "Worst things to have to rely on." Like... if they were muggle and had to travel by airplane only. Magnificent machinery, but so time consuming. "I think it's more interesting to hear you speak than myself. I hear me on the daily." Daire's smirk remained in place and he gave another shrug. Darius' words made sense, but instead of implicating himself further he just mummed zipping his lips as he shot him a wink.

They'd remember it at some point and retrieve it before they left the park. But for the moment, there was far better distraction. Daire would have chuckled at Darius' initials fears of what his reaction would be - as even if it hadn't been accidental or unwelcomed, he simply would have brushed it off and not let it affect the rest of their day. But luckily for both of them, it was neither of those things. Not quite ready to stop kissing him now that the opportunity had presented itself, Daire had let himself slowly sink further onto the ground so he wasn't so hunched over.

Once Darius had moved away, Daire let himself flop fully onto his back, propping up on his elbows as his companion sat up. He grinned over at him, an eyebrow arching slightly. "I think falling is a technicality on my end, but I'm not complaining."

Old 06-06-2024, 10:20 PM   #63 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Firash Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:
The whole boarding portion of a wizarding education seemed like it would be the most difficult portion to deal with of being a parent. Daire hadn't considered it too much when he'd been a student himself. But he'd noticed it a bit when he'd graduated and Nox hadn't yet. And that had only been his sister. A kid? Someone you were sole protector of and saw every day? That was rough. "I bet the travel was fun for them. And good too. There's no education quite like travel." Floo powder wasn't a bad option either though. Especially if they had to be more tethered to their own schools. "Worst things to have to rely on." Like... if they were muggle and had to travel by airplane only. Magnificent machinery, but so time consuming. "I think it's more interesting to hear you speak than myself. I hear me on the daily." Daire's smirk remained in place and he gave another shrug. Darius' words made sense, but instead of implicating himself further he just mummed zipping his lips as he shot him a wink.

They'd remember it at some point and retrieve it before they left the park. But for the moment, there was far better distraction. Daire would have chuckled at Darius' initials fears of what his reaction would be - as even if it hadn't been accidental or unwelcomed, he simply would have brushed it off and not let it affect the rest of their day. But luckily for both of them, it was neither of those things. Not quite ready to stop kissing him now that the opportunity had presented itself, Daire had let himself slowly sink further onto the ground so he wasn't so hunched over.

Once Darius had moved away, Daire let himself flop fully onto his back, propping up on his elbows as his companion sat up. He grinned over at him, an eyebrow arching slightly. "I think falling is a technicality on my end, but I'm not complaining."

After all that, Darius had little doubt left in his mind after such a mindblowing move. "Good to note," Darius certainly wasn't complaining either with how the kiss went as he moved closer by his side. If he had planned it better, "Typically, I save kissing until after a date. But I think you were a good exception," A very, very good one. Who said accidents couldn't be happy ones? "So... about that dinner. If you didn't have any plans, what are you in the mood for?" He could cook... some things. And he could learn whatever else. Or he could not cook and they order something.

"Since you said you like hearing my voice, what else would you like to know?" He could be open, for a price. "As long as you share with me something I or not many people know about you?" There were certainly some things he didn't share with a lot of people, himself.