sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 391 users online including...
ancayananjohn , dahkadakiamari , sweetpinkpixie , Sunflower , stbelstaffmen , Kolyander , GilbertWes , oselrossoluan

9 members
382 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Dungeons > Potions


Potions Learn how to "bottle fame, brew glory, and put a stopper in death..."

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-22-2021, 01:17 AM
Lissy Longbottom Lissy Longbottom is offline
 
Default Potions Lesson 1 - Wolfsbane Potion



If Javier had been annoyed at the vines when they invaded the kitchens, that was NOTHING compared to how angry and frustrated he was that they were now in his classroom. He'd been able to push them to the back of the class, but his hands had scratches and bandages all over them from his efforts. It had taken FAR too long to even accomplish that! They kind of just...sat against the wall like some sort of edgy paneling along the floor.

Despite the time it had taken, they were out of the way - for now, at least. Hopefully the students wouldn't pay too much attention to the vines and instead would focus on the various ingredients sitting on his desk. Milk, runespoor eggs, armadillo bile - what could they possibly be making today? Other than that, there were no special instructions or anything on the board. Students were expected to come in and sit at their stations as they did every lesson.

"Morning all," he said, nodding as the students began to file in. He waited patiently for them to all arrive, leaning against his desk with his arms crossed to (mostly) hide his scraped up hands.


OOC: Welcome welcome to your FIRST OOC potions lesson and my first lesson as Potions Master/Javi! I'm super stoked! However, please remember this is NOT your first lesson with Javier IC. In fact, it's already February so your character has had plenty of lessons with him already.

Please be sure to read the SSRPG and Classroom rules prior to playing. Class will commence in about 20ish hours CLASS HAS BEGUN! Please act as if your character has been here the whole time!. Let me know if you need anything!!


CLASS PROGRESSION:
Question 1 - What do you know about the Wolfsbane potion?
Mini Activity - Brainstorm with a partner all the things that could go wrong with the Wolfsbane Potion
Question 2 - Why do you think this potion so expensive and so difficult to produce?
Main Activity - Let's brew the Wolfsbane Potion!
Old 10-22-2021, 01:29 AM   #2 (permalink)



DMAC & DOM

Crumple-Horned Snorkack
 
SilverTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SoCal *sighs*(GMT-8)
Posts: 110,846

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gracelyn Abbott-Daniau
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Dylan Morgenstern
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Elizabeth Chambers
Flourish and Blotts

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kiara Mordaunt
Madam Primpernelle's Beautifying Potions
x5 x3
Default
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

The vines were really getting quite annoying. While Gracelyn had never been particularly anti-plants, the vines overtaking the castle were proving to be something else entirely. She never thought she would have remembered last term fondly, but at least Healer Poppy hadn’t tried to trip anyone. Whether intentionally or otherwise. It was taking all of her gymnastic skill to not run into any of the vines as she walked around.

She hardly blamed the Potions professor for trying to manhandle the vines, either. At least, that was her assumption as the tall Hufflepuff had found her way to class to see the tendrils gathered near the back and the slightest glimpse of bandages peeking past his crossed arms. “Good morning, Professor Hernandez,” she greeted him with a smile, making her way to her usual workstation. Maybe if they ignored the vines, they’d go away. At least, maybe she’d be able to focus on potions and not everything else.
__________________
I'm gonna send a flood, gonna drown 'em out, this is brave, this is bruised,

this is who I'm meant to be, ---------- ---------- this is me
SilverTiger is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 01:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,828

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Phoebe might be a butterfly in her other classes, but she was serious as a stoat in Potions. Her hair was carefully plaited back, her potion supplies were alphabetized and organized rigorously, and her cauldron was polished to a high sheen. Potions was serious business, even for a very unserious little Gryffindor. Big... Gryffindor. Seventh year Gryffindor who needed to pass her NEWT.

"Good day, Professor." She sat primly in her seat and ignored the infuriating vines crowding their work stations.
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 02:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,439

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

Ash was walking very very slowly to cover up her 'almost' healed ankle(lets be honest, injuries don't usually heal by being put under more stress and reinjured several times, a lesson you'd think Ash would get by now). And as she walked in the potions classroom, she noticed that the professor seemed to be a little injured as well. Was that ALSO because of the vines?

"Hey, professor..." Ash not-so-subtly glanced at his hands, then shrugged and very very slowly went to sit by Phoebe.

"Loving the decorations around here. It's herbology time, all the time!" Unfortunately, herbology was not Ash's favorite class.
astrocat is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 02:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Moderator
Fanfiction Mod
Quibbler & Newbie Mod


DMLE & DMT
Kappa
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #77b5fe | #c21e56
Posts: 13,019

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kinsay James
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin Golshiri
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | emo to the extremo |#HouseNATARIANA

Potions was mostly okay. Kinsay didn't even mind (kind of) that their professor was such a grump. Her biggest issue with the class was how long everything took. Potions would be a lot better if they could just dump all the ingredients in at once without the hassle of having to wait for ages before their solution turned the proper colors. You'd think that in the year 2106, magic would've solved these problems by now. Kins would be sure to raise the issue with-

Actually. Nevermind.

She wasn't going to raise issues or ask silly questions anymore. So instead of voicing the complaint, she simply offered Professor Hernandez a meek sort of look as she entered the room. "Hi." But before she turned to find her work station, she cracked the tiiiiiiniest grin. "I like what you've done with the place, Sir. Very cozy." Hehe. She was referring to the vines, of course. The vines that Professor H didn't seem to like very much. (Did he even like anything very much?) (Maybe potions) (But potions didn't count on account of all the aforementioned issues).

What?! She wasn't going to ask questions anymore, but that did NOT mean she couldn't be cheeky!

.......................

Why was Ash sitting with Phoebe?
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 08:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Valentina liked potions for the most part.. except for the fact that there were always too many ingredients to remember. She entered the classroom, immediately noticing the vines. Not again! They were just all over the place, weren't they?? She offered the professor a bright smile. "Hi, professor!"

She took her place at a work station near the front, dropping her bag to the floor.
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,157

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

How many steps did it take for a Gryffindor's cauldron to blow? Hopefully today the answer would be more than five. But as Atlas' continued lack of potions finesse continued (it was hard to focus on things sometimes, you know?) it was likely to hover around that many steps as usual. Unless this was a super quick potion and it only had three steps.

Anyway. He missed Professor Varma. He had been able to focus with her at the helm. Though, to be fair, he hadn't exactly given this Potions Master that much of a fair chance either. Change was hard too, like focusing.

Also, why was no one taking his advice about giving these vines a chop chop at their base? He had half a mind to go follow the trail and tendril of the next one he saw just to maybe prove a point. Honestly, Auntie June was probably having a field day with all of this - all of Hogwarts was starting to look like her and Auntie Jade's flat.

...anyway... into the classroom the third year went and riiiiiight towards the back and set his things out. "Hello, professor." A pause, a stare, and some pointing at the man - specifically his hands. "You ought to follow the same safety protocol we all have to with Herbology classes and wear dragonhide gloves." Another long pause as his brain thought over his suggestion and how it may come across a tad on the blunt side. BUT if their Potions professor was going to get his knickers in a twist with the vines so much...he should at least get them safely in a twist. "...sir."

There. That softened things up a little. Respectful. It was a respectful suggestion.

And with that, the third year plopped himself down on his stool right smack in the back right corner station of the classoom.

__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 10-22-2021, 02:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,481

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

Oh, wow.

Hernandez did not look so good with all those bandages. Claudine deduced that it was the vines that had something to do with that. Or maybe he got attacked by some creature from the barnyard, which was unlikely. It was good to see those pesky vines out of the way, however; the less chances of her or anyone tripping and breaking their neck.

Also… interesting ingredients you have there, professor. Claudine’s gaze went to the man again. “Hi, professor.” She said no more and went to find a workstation at the back.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 03:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO & DMC
Abraxan
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Under Blueprints
Posts: 25,375

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Noah Alexander Mordaunt
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

"'Morning, professor." Noah greeted the man, pointedly dropping the 'Good'. It was quite obvious that Hernandez wasn't having any of the Vines business (again), as he'd also witnessed back at the Kitchens. Really, no one should come between a man and his food, but to have the same 'enemy' in his territory? Yikes. It really was wise to leave the Vines business to the adults...for now, at least. Noah has other problems to worry about, and one of them would be Potions. Like the years before, he'd been doing great in the subject, even acing his OWL test, and now he was back for more; see to it that he goes to ace his NEWTs next term.

Anyway. Armed with everything he needed for another round of potion-making, the Gryffindor took a seat at his usual station, side-eyed the questionable plant, and waited for the class to begin.

Hopefully before the Vines move on their own accord. There was nothing innocent about those things. Assuming of him, but it was the safest thing to do. He was in Hogwarts, after all. Constant vigilance™.

Oh, and look at those ingredients. Hmm.
__________________

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Stefan is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 04:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC
Mooncalf
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 7,259

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Nicolette Margot Charbonneau
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Magical Creatures
x3
Default
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Potions. Florrie wasn't at all surprised to see the vines in the classroom, given that they'd already managed to get into the kitchens and the Puff Common Room. It didn't stop her from wrinkling her nose at the sight, though - as pretty as some of these plants were, they were really starting to get in the way.

Although, if they decided to disrupt the lesson to the point were it was cancelled, the sixth year wouldn't complain.

Offering a tight-lipped smile and a quiet, "Morning, Professor," Florrie made her way to a seat in the middle and dropped her stuff to the floor.
__________________
Harron Peasley is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 10:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom & Mungo's Mod
Book Club Mod


DMAC & DoM

Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 56,359

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Javier Hernandez
Graduated

Student Character:
Adam S. Luck
Fourth Year
Gryffindor

Ministry RPG Name:
Tucker Schultz
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default
Curly Haired Prefect || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

SPOILER!!: replies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
The vines were really getting quite annoying. While Gracelyn had never been particularly anti-plants, the vines overtaking the castle were proving to be something else entirely. She never thought she would have remembered last term fondly, but at least Healer Poppy hadn’t tried to trip anyone. Whether intentionally or otherwise. It was taking all of her gymnastic skill to not run into any of the vines as she walked around.

She hardly blamed the Potions professor for trying to manhandle the vines, either. At least, that was her assumption as the tall Hufflepuff had found her way to class to see the tendrils gathered near the back and the slightest glimpse of bandages peeking past his crossed arms. “Good morning, Professor Hernandez,” she greeted him with a smile, making her way to her usual workstation. Maybe if they ignored the vines, they’d go away. At least, maybe she’d be able to focus on potions and not everything else.
"Good morning," Javier greeted Gracelyn as she was the first to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
Phoebe might be a butterfly in her other classes, but she was serious as a stoat in Potions. Her hair was carefully plaited back, her potion supplies were alphabetized and organized rigorously, and her cauldron was polished to a high sheen. Potions was serious business, even for a very unserious little Gryffindor. Big... Gryffindor. Seventh year Gryffindor who needed to pass her NEWT.

"Good day, Professor." She sat primly in her seat and ignored the infuriating vines crowding their work stations.
Naturally, Javier didn't know that Phoebe was more outgoing in her other classes, so instead he just gave her a little smile and nod as she walked in, watching as she walked back to her sit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash was walking very very slowly to cover up her 'almost' healed ankle(lets be honest, injuries don't usually heal by being put under more stress and reinjured several times, a lesson you'd think Ash would get by now). And as she walked in the potions classroom, she noticed that the professor seemed to be a little injured as well. Was that ALSO because of the vines?

"Hey, professor..." Ash not-so-subtly glanced at his hands, then shrugged and very very slowly went to sit by Phoebe.

"Loving the decorations around here. It's herbology time, all the time!" Unfortunately, herbology was not Ash's favorite class.
"Not what I'd usually pick for decor," Javier mumbled as Ashley came in and took her seat. He knew she was being sarcastic - as was he - but maybe joking about them would make the vines less infuriating?

Nah. He was still annoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Potions was mostly okay. Kinsay didn't even mind (kind of) that their professor was such a grump. Her biggest issue with the class was how long everything took. Potions would be a lot better if they could just dump all the ingredients in at once without the hassle of having to wait for ages before their solution turned the proper colors. You'd think that in the year 2106, magic would've solved these problems by now. Kins would be sure to raise the issue with-

Actually. Nevermind.

She wasn't going to raise issues or ask silly questions anymore. So instead of voicing the complaint, she simply offered Professor Hernandez a meek sort of look as she entered the room. "Hi." But before she turned to find her work station, she cracked the tiiiiiiniest grin. "I like what you've done with the place, Sir. Very cozy." Hehe. She was referring to the vines, of course. The vines that Professor H didn't seem to like very much. (Did he even like anything very much?) (Maybe potions) (But potions didn't count on account of all the aforementioned issues).

What?! She wasn't going to ask questions anymore, but that did NOT mean she couldn't be cheeky!

.......................

Why was Ash sitting with Phoebe?
Javier couldn't help it - that actually made him chuckle. "I don't think anyone has ever called the dungeons cozy, Miss James," he replied. He appreciated her trying to be positive, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
Valentina liked potions for the most part.. except for the fact that there were always too many ingredients to remember. She entered the classroom, immediately noticing the vines. Not again! They were just all over the place, weren't they?? She offered the professor a bright smile. "Hi, professor!"

She took her place at a work station near the front, dropping her bag to the floor.
"Hello, Miss Nichols," Javi greeted the Gryffindor politely as she entered and took her seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
How many steps did it take for a Gryffindor's cauldron to blow? Hopefully today the answer would be more than five. But as Atlas' continued lack of potions finesse continued (it was hard to focus on things sometimes, you know?) it was likely to hover around that many steps as usual. Unless this was a super quick potion and it only had three steps.

Anyway. He missed Professor Varma. He had been able to focus with her at the helm. Though, to be fair, he hadn't exactly given this Potions Master that much of a fair chance either. Change was hard too, like focusing.

Also, why was no one taking his advice about giving these vines a chop chop at their base? He had half a mind to go follow the trail and tendril of the next one he saw just to maybe prove a point. Honestly, Auntie June was probably having a field day with all of this - all of Hogwarts was starting to look like her and Auntie Jade's flat.

...anyway... into the classroom the third year went and riiiiiight towards the back and set his things out. "Hello, professor." A pause, a stare, and some pointing at the man - specifically his hands. "You ought to follow the same safety protocol we all have to with Herbology classes and wear dragonhide gloves." Another long pause as his brain thought over his suggestion and how it may come across a tad on the blunt side. BUT if their Potions professor was going to get his knickers in a twist with the vines so much...he should at least get them safely in a twist. "...sir."

There. That softened things up a little. Respectful. It was a respectful suggestion.

And with that, the third year plopped himself down on his stool right smack in the back right corner station of the classoom.


"I appreciate your concern, Mister Flamsteed,"
Javier grumbled with a nod of acknowledgement to the boy. He was going to add that Atlas should focus more on preventing his potion from becoming combustable, rather than his injuries - but no need to put the boy on the spot like that. He was just being NICE, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Oh, wow.

Hernandez did not look so good with all those bandages. Claudine deduced that it was the vines that had something to do with that. Or maybe he got attacked by some creature from the barnyard, which was unlikely. It was good to see those pesky vines out of the way, however; the less chances of her or anyone tripping and breaking their neck.

Also… interesting ingredients you have there, professor. Claudine’s gaze went to the man again. “Hi, professor.” She said no more and went to find a workstation at the back.
"Good morning Miss Blaze," Javier greeted her with another curt nod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
"'Morning, professor." Noah greeted the man, pointedly dropping the 'Good'. It was quite obvious that Hernandez wasn't having any of the Vines business (again), as he'd also witnessed back at the Kitchens. Really, no one should come between a man and his food, but to have the same 'enemy' in his territory? Yikes. It really was wise to leave the Vines business to the adults...for now, at least. Noah has other problems to worry about, and one of them would be Potions. Like the years before, he'd been doing great in the subject, even acing his OWL test, and now he was back for more; see to it that he goes to ace his NEWTs next term.

Anyway. Armed with everything he needed for another round of potion-making, the Gryffindor took a seat at his usual station, side-eyed the questionable plant, and waited for the class to begin.

Hopefully before the Vines move on their own accord. There was nothing innocent about those things. Assuming of him, but it was the safest thing to do. He was in Hogwarts, after all. Constant vigilance™.

Oh, and look at those ingredients. Hmm.
The Mordaunt boy got a nod of acknowledgement as he passed by. Javier DID notice the boy eyeing the ingredients on the table, however, and was pleased that at least SOMEONE was focused more on the lesson than those blasted vines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harron Peasley View Post
Potions. Florrie wasn't at all surprised to see the vines in the classroom, given that they'd already managed to get into the kitchens and the Puff Common Room. It didn't stop her from wrinkling her nose at the sight, though - as pretty as some of these plants were, they were really starting to get in the way.

Although, if they decided to disrupt the lesson to the point were it was cancelled, the sixth year wouldn't complain.

Offering a tight-lipped smile and a quiet, "Morning, Professor," Florrie made her way to a seat in the middle and dropped her stuff to the floor.
"Good morning," Javier greeted Florrie as she came in and took her seat before glancing up at the clock. That was it, then? Small turnout today, but no matter. On to the lesson!


Now that everyone seemed to be in the classroom, Javi stood up a little straighter and waved his hand, wandlessly closing the door behind the last person in. "Good morning, everyone," he greeted the class, putting on his soft and polite smile that he always used when starting the lesson. He could surely ignore the vines for the next hour or so, yes?

"Some of you may have taken note of the ingredients I have laid out on the desk here," he explained as he walked around to the back of the table, waving his arm over the few ingredients he'd decided to highlight at the front. "This isn't everything we'll be using today, just a small sampling, but those of you who know your potions well may have deduced the topic of today's lesson," he said with a small smirk.

"Today we'll be brewing a MODIFIED version of the Wolfsbane potion," he announced, hoping they all caught the emphasis he put on the word 'modified'. "Tell me - what do you know about the Wolfsbane Potion? It can be anything - how it came to be, how to brew it...let's see what you all know."

OOC: Welcome welcome! On to question one! You will all have about 24 hours to answer this question before we move on to the next bit. Please remember that class has OFFICIALLY started. If you did not get to post your character arriving please pretend that they were here the entire time or risk losing points! As always let me know if you have any questions!
__________________
I'm coming home tell the world that I'm coming home___________________________
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 11:01 PM   #12 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,406

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

"Hello, Professor," Violet said as she entered her favorite classroom. Curiously, she saw his hands were all bandaged, though he seemed to be trying to hide them. Potions accident? she wondered. Noticing the potions ingredients he had out, she got excited. Runespoor eggs--armadillo bile...Maybe they were going to make a potion to enhance mental abilities. Something Violet felt she could use. The Healer had been reluctant to give Violet anything to help her sometimes foggy memory, because she was afraid of an interaction with the substance Healer Poppy had been using which caused Violet's allergic reaction. But...if Violet were to take a potion of her own making, no one would be the wiser.

As she walked to a seat up in front, as usual, she thought for a moment that for once the room was free of the sinister vegetation that was creeping around all over the castle. But--no! Off against the walls, hunkering down around them like some sort of weird panelling, were the vines. Now Violet was pretty sure she knew how Professor Hernandez had injured his hands.
MadAlice is offline  
Old 10-22-2021, 11:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Moderator
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod


DIMC & DMGS
Wrackspurt
 
FearlessLeader19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: SHIELD's Helicarrier
Posts: 205,481

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Claudine Blaze
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Lucas Riley Hawthorne
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default
~ Mrs Steve Harrington ~ Friendly Neighbourhood Hufflepuff ~

And the lesson was off to a start. Warily, Claudine shot a look at the vines. Not for the first time, nor for the last, was she wondering if they would spring to life at any time. As a matter, she thought it was only a matter of time given all the craziness that occurred at Hogwarts.

So… the Wolfsbane potion. Or a modified version. This was going to be a super interesting lesson. The seventh year’s hand went up. “It can be disastrous to anyone who consumes it if the potion is brewed incorrectly. That’s because aconite is rather poisonous.” As her hand was lowered, Claudine resisted a shudder. She didn’t envy anyone who had to take that potion.
FearlessLeader19 is offline  
Old 10-23-2021, 12:25 AM   #14 (permalink)




G&S
Ashwinder
 
Chelliephone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: #3CB371 | #FF1493
Posts: 13,672

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rosemary Giana Scardino
Games & Sports

Diagon Alley Employee:
Braylon Mikael Sawyer
The Leaky Cauldron
Default
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Evan had entered the classroom with the rest of his classmates, finding an open seat towards the middle and pulling out his materials as he eyed the desk as class began. He had not yet deduced what they would be talking about for the day, but as Professor Hernandez stated it, he felt a little ridiculous for not knowing immediately. But no matter.

What did he already know about Wolfsbane? He raised his hand and waited to be called on. "The potion in it's full form requires the use of Aconite, which is a very poisonous plant. The potion is one that is really dangerous for it to be brewed incorrectly, as you could conceivably poison the intended recipient."
__________________

We all shine on, like moon and the stars and the sun. We all shine.
Chelliephone is offline  
Old 10-23-2021, 12:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO

Centaur
 
Cassirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: *Nom nom nom*
Posts: 42,828

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe James
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

The professor had a nice face, but Phoebe was NOT going to take the time to look at said face. Or smile back when he gave her such a friendly expression. Nope. She was Serious James, the Potions machine. Phoebe studied the ingredients and wondered how many people knew that those indicated Wolfsbane. Probably everyone. Probably every single person except Serious James.

"Umm, Wolfsbane is used by lycanthropes to alleviate their symptoms during the full moon. But they take it before the full moon. The potion, I mean." Ugh, she was NOT doing a great job at being the Very Serious James.
__________________
★ Dawn ★

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline  
Old 10-23-2021, 02:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
Potterdom Mod


DMLE & MO
Aethonan
 
AlwaysSnapesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 18,830

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rosalie Applewood
Graduated

Student Character:
Ivy Grimm
Fifth Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Mae Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Wolfsbane Potion, interesting. There was a lot to be said about that particular potion, though Ivy was curious about a modified version. Was it just an example to make it easier to learn in a classroom setting, or would this actually work? Had they finally found a less difficult but still effective way to make it? She doubted it, since she was certain she would've heard about it before. That was the kinda thing that would be newsworthy. So she supposed she'd stick with her first assumption for now.

"Like Phoebe said, a person has to drink it before the full moon," she said, raising her hand, "once a day for a week prior. You can't miss even one day of it, or else it'll be completely ineffective."
__________________
if we fall, we will fall together; and when we rise, we will rise together__________________

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline  
Old 10-23-2021, 07:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


MO & DMC
Abraxan
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Under Blueprints
Posts: 25,375

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Noah Alexander Mordaunt
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Noah thought it odd to see milk among the ingredients, but as it was going to be a modified version, it all made sense. Milk was a good base, in his humble opinion. Anyway, Wolfsbane Potion. The Gryffindor raised his hand and waited for him to be called.

"Wolfsbane Potion helps lycanthropes maintain their human rationality while they are in their werewolf form. It doesn't cure them of their condition, however." Perhaps that was the reason why it contained runespoor eggs and armadillo bile, correct?
__________________

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Stefan is offline  
Old 10-23-2021, 09:59 AM   #18 (permalink)

Demiguise
 
Lady of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winterfell, yo
Posts: 24,097

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Valentina Hope Nichols
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kailani Avery
Scribbulus Writing Implements
Default
SUMMER FOREVER

Valentina had been staring at the ingredients, trying to figure out what they were going to be learning - but lost interest after a couple of moments. Oh, well. She was going to be finding out soon enough anyway.

Ahhh. Wasn't that a very difficult potion to make?? Lesson had barely started and she wanted it to be over. She raised her hand after a few moments. "Doesn't it taste really bad??"
__________________
Lady of Light is offline  
Old 10-23-2021, 02:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Admin
Wizarding World Admin
Events Admin
Minister for Magic
DA Proprietor
Gladrags Mod

DoM & MO


Veela
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Etheria
Posts: 37,157

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Atlas Flamsteed
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

Diagon Alley Employee:
Valerie Gray
Noltie's Botanical Novelties

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

The professor was most welcome. Truly. Atlas was about to offer up the suggestion he even go ask about borrowing some spare dragonhide gloves in case his own were too tattered to be effective...but he could sense a vein twitch from a respectable distance.

As to the ingredients on display, there was little that Atlas could make heads or tails about. Other than strawberry milk was superior to chocolate milk and then above all that was almond milk. But, irrelevant information for the moment and asking about the potency of almond milk in a potion would veer him incredibly off topic and make him a Kinsay James. Which, speaking of, she had been...weird recently. Off? Weird.

As for what he knew about this potion, well, it was only everything base level. That it was something for werewolves and blah blah blah full moon and, well, this was not a particularly useful potion for himself. He also had no plans on being bitten by werewolf any time soon. "Something with sugar." Was about all he could offer up in the moment. "...uh...to help with the taste?"
__________________

red, red desert, heal our blues; I dive deeper for you..............
what a blessing to feel your love; twilight promised me you.........
all these moments with you...
sweetpinkpixie is online now  
Old 10-23-2021, 03:06 PM   #20 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Bicorn
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Octopus's Garden
Posts: 16,712

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Scarlett Mordaunt
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sophie Mordaunt
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement

x8 x4
Default
Arts TRANSPONSTER!

So, what DID Scarlett know about the Wolfsbane Potion?

Absolutely nothing.

Kay, not entirely true, but everything she DID know had already been said, and she didn't fancy repeating any of the answers soooooooo she remained silent...ly kicking the bit of vine that was under her workstation.

Kick, kick, kick, kick.

The Hufflepuff let out a soft chuckle when the Gryffindor boy (Atlas) said 'something about sugar', however. Funny answer to give in a lesson.
Hey Ju is offline  
Old 10-23-2021, 11:37 PM   #21 (permalink)


DoM
Slytherin
Puffskein
 
MadAlice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,406

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet P. Blackthorne
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Pippa Weatherbee
Magical Menagerie

Diagon Alley Employee:
Barty Belcher
Shrunken Head Bowling Alley
Default

So, it was Wolfsbane potion instead. No help to her, but it would be challenging to brew even a version of it, Violet thought. "Besides being difficult to brew, the ingredients are expensive to buy, so a lot of werewolfs can't afford it, even if they knew how to brew it."
MadAlice is offline  
Old 10-24-2021, 01:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Slytherin

DMC
Puffskein
 
2111jen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hogwarts :)
Posts: 1,339

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Max Evans
First Year
Default
Stay Free

Max nodded with the answers. He didn't have anything to supply himself that wasn't' already said, so he just remained quiet. Maybe he could be able to answer the next question.
2111jen is offline  
Old 10-24-2021, 06:58 AM   #23 (permalink)


DMLE & DMGS
Welsh Green
 
Emzily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 24,586

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Remy Izith Gaeltheos
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Bette Arbutus
Law Enforcement

x5 x2
Default
Raspberry Jam | Ultimate Fangirl

Wearing multiple layers underneath her robes to keep herself warm, Remy was feeling rather calm and kinda unsociable today, not noticing many of the familiar faces around her. She sat quite close to the Professor to make sure she could hear the potion steps very clearly, especially after finding out the potion they were doing today.

Remy really didn’t know anything about Wolfsbane potion, so she opted for an answer that was really obvious. Or, she thought it was obvious anyway. “It probably tastes disgusting… especially to werewolves.” Hopefully they wouldn’t be brewing it to try it. Could non werewolves even consume this potion? Sounded totally toxic.
__________________
Emzily is offline  
Old 10-24-2021, 06:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Puffskein
 
astrocat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,439

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ashley "Ash" C. Fox
Fourth Year
Default

Ash tried to ignore Kinsay looking at her. It had been well documented that they just made each other feel horrible, and Ash didn’t know how to fix it(was there even a way?). It wouldn’t be fixed by a change of seating. So... she focused on the lesson and pretended that Kinsay James was somewhere else. Or tried to.

“Adding onto what Atlas said,- another person who didn’t like her - “If you add sugar, the potion won’t work, I think. So werewolves just have to deal with the nasty taste.” If they could afford it. If they had a place to get it. That was kind of sad to think about, especially when she thought about her werewolf friends. She didn’t like it when her friends(or people in general, excluding pureblood supremacists) suffered in any way.

She tapped her fingers on the desk, then raised her hand. “What did werewolves do before the potion was invented... or what if they can’t get it?” Or were allergic to the ingredients? Were there organizations that have werewolves these things for free? Ash had questions.
astrocat is offline  
Old 10-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMC
Mooncalf
 
Harron Peasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Losers Club
Posts: 7,259

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Florence Nicolette Margot Charbonneau
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Fintan Darcy
Magical Creatures
x3
Default
Sarah thinks I'm cute | Shan's safe space.

Listening to everyone as they answered, Florrie couldn't help glancing over her shoulder every so often, just to make sure the vines weren't encroaching on the classroom even further whilst their attention was elsewhere. Annoying as they were, and as distracted as she found herself by them, they were still kind of pretty in a weird, vine-y way.

Raising her hand, the sixth year waited until she was called on before speaking. "I don't really have anything to add, Professor," she started, given that all she knew was that it was a) difficult, b) tasted funny and c) used by werewolves to stay in control, and all of this had been mentioned by her classmates already - "But I was wondering - what about it is modified? And what's the point of the modified potion - like, what does it do?"

Rude, maybe, but Florrie was curious. And it was kind of pointless, like a lot of theoretical schoolwork, if it didn't do anything, in her opinion.
__________________
Harron Peasley is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213