sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1164 users online including...
Martinclief , Igortzh , Cameronvm , LelandJusty , FlixexNit

6 members
1158 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmaster: Gaellen Tate's Reign > Term 24: January - April 2010


Term 24: January - April 2010 Term Twenty-four: Fight Club (Sept 2070 - June 2071)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Droo Droo is offline
 
Default 3 - The Cardinal Runes

Alessia has just finished pulling the desks and chairs the way Tiberius Pryce had said he had wanted them in his note. She took the note out of her pocket again, and looked it over:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibi's Note
Dear Professor Lupa,
Thank you for letting me help with class. If you could have the room set up with the board at the North, and then the chairs in horseshoe around the rest of the room, that would be good. I think that's all I'll need. I think I'll have to do notes on the board without magic, since I don't know how to do it with.

Thanks!
Tiberius
She smiled and pocketed the note again... wondering if it had been the boy who sent her those horrid yellow flowers, or if it had indeed been the Upstead boy. Weird...
Old 03-07-2010, 02:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Puffskein
 
MidnightSilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: La La Land ♪
Posts: 2,341

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ella Jasmine Westwick
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Carson King
Department of Mysteries
Default
Gryffindor Forever ♥ Crazy for Cheesecake!

Ella arrived in the class and seated herself. "Hi, professor!" she said with a smile. Runes was her favorite class because she got the hang of it so easily. Aaaand, not to mention, she really liked the teacher and it was fun. She set down her bag and looked up at the board.
__________________

MidnightSilver is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
Special Services to the School

SS Featured Author
Türk Bilgini
Bugbear
 
Maxilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: {in a leap of faith}
Posts: 31,791

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sarani Glass
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Sion Logan Jetza
x12
Default
♥ Mrs. Itachi Uchiha™ & MAJNOO! : Bleach & Kyo & Natsume ♥ [ Maxh!Jesh ]

RUNES!

Definitely one of the subjects she loved. Which was exactly why Gold had been so impatient, for this lesson to start. The time was finally here, and the fifth year had her bag slung over her shoulder.

Now to skip into the class.

"Good day, Professor," she smiled at Professor Lupa, as she stepped in. She was glad, this class was beginning. Because it took her mind off the events of Care of Magical Creatures, and their last flying lesson.

Scary, non-nice stuff.

Maxilocks is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:15 AM   #4 (permalink)



SA & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
AmbiguouslyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,674

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Default
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Tiberius hustled into the room, bag of runes clutched in one hand, his old homework and notes crumpled in the other.

Why had he agreed to help teach, again? He could feel his palms sweating and his stomach flip-flopping as he approached Lupa. "I-I'm here, professor. J-just let me know when I have to t-talk."
__________________

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time
AmbiguouslyMe is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:16 AM   #5 (permalink)


X-treme Horcrux Slayer!
Billywig
 
Walrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Event Horizon
Posts: 3,550

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Travis Gordon
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Warren Miller
Minister's Office
x4
Default
Goo goo g'joob

Jacob entered the classroom. All the chairs were in like a semi-oval type shape. "Hello, professor" he said to Lupa and wait for class to start.
Walrus is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:17 AM   #6 (permalink)


DIMC & DMGS
Diricawl
 
Sneakeh Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pride Rock
Posts: 26,771

Diagon Alley Employee:
Maia Denton
Daily Prophet Reporter
x5 x2
Default
Yay, Hamlet! • Cathopper • Disney Fanatic • I was normal once...

Reese headed into the classroom with a little grin across her face. It was nice to finally be back into class after being injured. She took a seat closest to the end of the horseshoe arrangement that the desks had been put into, and then she greeted the Professor, "Good evening, Professor Lupa."
__________________


_______________________________You may hate me, but it ain't no lie: bye bye bye.

Last edited by Sneakeh Cat; 03-07-2010 at 02:47 AM. Reason: read the seating arrangement wrong
Sneakeh Cat is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DIMC
Boggart
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 29,830
x4
Default
♥Dunkin | Pixie's Precious Pea | kpop goddess | sneaky sounder | forever slytherin♥

Hmmmm.

Squirm.

Raiden had paused outside the door, an unsure look on his face as he debated. Was he really going to go to this class again? After what had happened the last time? Professor Lupa hadn't seemed to think it was a big deal, but... well it was to him.

Right. He just... wouldn't put anything on his body. That was a good solution. Stepping into the room just behind Gold, who seemed way too excited, Raiden gave the professor a small smile before his eyes moved to Tibi. He was... looking a lot better than he had in the hospital wing. As he should, considering it was how long ago? Raiden gave the boy a bigger smile than the Professor and moved to a desk that was exactly opposite the chalkboard. Decently far away, yet still in a spot where he could see. Heh. Perfect.
Ameh is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Formerly: Draco21
Slytherin
Porlock
 
EllaKins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Epic Ville
Posts: 8,023

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet Leah Riddle
Fifth Year
Default
♥Mrs.Bieber| The coolest kid you know| Gossip Girl | Little Miss Cheerleader♥

Violet entered the classroom hoping she wasn't late. "Hi Proffesor Lupa." she said smiling. She made sure she took a seat in the very back.
EllaKins! is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:33 AM   #9 (permalink)


Moke
 
DH Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amongst Magic
Posts: 8,616

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara Gwendolyn Monroe
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jade Aimee Monroe
Mysteries

x11
Default
Atypical Ravenclaw Bookworm // Hair Flipper Pro / / the edgy starbuckian // Hot Messie

Mina strolled into the classroom with a smile. She was looking forward to the lesson today. Her head was a lot clearer and she knew she would be able to focus more than she had in the last lesson. Seeing the professor, she gave her a smile and noticed the placement of the chair. "Hello professor," she grinned as she eyed the chairs.

Finding a seat near the middle of the horseshoe, she sat down. She really did like different chair arrangements. Seeing Tibi, she waved to him. He looked a bit nervous, but she was sure he would do great.
__________________
Zara Bale

Cora SylvieSebLana

DH Vixen is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Nogtail
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pennsylvania US
Posts: 4,867

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Damon Cunderthorne
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chris Hobgartner
Minister's Office
Default
World's Best Weatherman

Damon entered the classroom. He noticed the arrangement of the seats. He figured he would get one of the better ones. "Good day to you Professor." said Damon and then he sat in one of those seats.
stormanator is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 02:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League
Mooncalf
 
The1HBIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa, USA (GMT -6)
Posts: 7,707

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia "Cece" Murdoch
Graduated

x4 x2
Slytherin
Super Slytherin Buddy - ⅓ She-Snake Trio || EVIL Healer

Marie slowly walked into the classroom. "Hello Professor," she said as she looked for a place to sit. Noticing the arrangement of the desks she sat in one closest to the back of the room, no sitting up front for her.
The1HBIC is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 03:21 AM   #12 (permalink)

DMT & DMIC
Mackled Malaclaw
 
LilFox06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 11,152

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Stuart Kynaston
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rome Keller Drechsler
Gryffindor
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tatiana Chernova
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Bennett Young
International Cooperation
Default
Sardine VIP || Shark Attack! || D A R T E R || Captain Oblivious

Carter entered the classroom. Horseshoe seating? Interesting. "Hello Professor." he greeted. He then looked around for a seat. Seeing Marie he waved to her. They had become pretty good friends since being sent to see the Headmaster together. Spotting Ella and Mina he went over to them and sat near them.
__________________
I'll Spend Forever Wondering If You Knew__________________________________

_____________________________________________I Was Enchanted To Meet You
LilFox06 is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:05 AM   #13 (permalink)


Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Droo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 15,697

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sebastian Price
First Year
Default
The Harpy of Hogwarts | Dungeon Mistress | Bimba di Serpeverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSilver View Post
Ella arrived in the class and seated herself. "Hi, professor!" she said with a smile. Runes was her favorite class because she got the hang of it so easily. Aaaand, not to mention, she really liked the teacher and it was fun. She set down her bag and looked up at the board.
"Hello Miss Westwick." She said smiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoritaMaxie View Post
RUNES!

Definitely one of the subjects she loved. Which was exactly why Gold had been so impatient, for this lesson to start. The time was finally here, and the fifth year had her bag slung over her shoulder.

Now to skip into the class.

"Good day, Professor," she smiled at Professor Lupa, as she stepped in. She was glad, this class was beginning. Because it took her mind off the events of Care of Magical Creatures, and their last flying lesson.

Scary, non-nice stuff.
"Good day to you Prefect Laksh" she said nodding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Tiberius hustled into the room, bag of runes clutched in one hand, his old homework and notes crumpled in the other.

Why had he agreed to help teach, again? He could feel his palms sweating and his stomach flip-flopping as he approached Lupa. "I-I'm here, professor. J-just let me know when I have to t-talk."
"Ahhh, Master Pryce. Do come close to me." She said gesturing to her side.... "you'll be starting soon." She winked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
Jacob entered the classroom. All the chairs were in like a semi-oval type shape. "Hello, professor" he said to Lupa and wait for class to start.
"Hello Master Blunt." she said in the Ravenclaw's direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakeh Cat View Post
Reese headed into the classroom with a little grin across her face. It was nice to finally be back into class after being injured. She took a seat closest to the end of the horseshoe arrangement that the desks had been put into, and then she greeted the Professor, "Good evening, Professor Lupa."
"Good day Prefect Upstead." She said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh View Post
Hmmmm.

Squirm.

Raiden had paused outside the door, an unsure look on his face as he debated. Was he really going to go to this class again? After what had happened the last time? Professor Lupa hadn't seemed to think it was a big deal, but... well it was to him.

Right. He just... wouldn't put anything on his body. That was a good solution. Stepping into the room just behind Gold, who seemed way too excited, Raiden gave the professor a small smile before his eyes moved to Tibi. He was... looking a lot better than he had in the hospital wing. As he should, considering it was how long ago? Raiden gave the boy a bigger smile than the Professor and moved to a desk that was exactly opposite the chalkboard. Decently far away, yet still in a spot where he could see. Heh. Perfect.
"Master Kururugi..." why was he all... weird...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco21 View Post
Violet entered the classroom hoping she wasn't late. "Hi Proffesor Lupa." she said smiling. She made sure she took a seat in the very back.
"Hi Miss Riddle." She said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH Vixen View Post
Mina strolled into the classroom with a smile. She was looking forward to the lesson today. Her head was a lot clearer and she knew she would be able to focus more than she had in the last lesson. Seeing the professor, she gave her a smile and noticed the placement of the chair. "Hello professor," she grinned as she eyed the chairs.

Finding a seat near the middle of the horseshoe, she sat down. She really did like different chair arrangements. Seeing Tibi, she waved to him. He looked a bit nervous, but she was sure he would do great.
"Hello Miss Bennett." She smiled and nodded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logger31 View Post
Damon entered the classroom. He noticed the arrangement of the seats. He figured he would get one of the better ones. "Good day to you Professor." said Damon and then he sat in one of those seats.
"And to you Master Cunderthorne." She said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1HBIC View Post
Marie slowly walked into the classroom. "Hello Professor," she said as she looked for a place to sit. Noticing the arrangement of the desks she sat in one closest to the back of the room, no sitting up front for her.
"Hello Miss Salazar." she told her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Carter entered the classroom. Horseshoe seating? Interesting. "Hello Professor." he greeted. He then looked around for a seat. Seeing Marie he waved to her. They had become pretty good friends since being sent to see the Headmaster together. Spotting Ella and Mina he went over to them and sat near them.
"Hello Master Phillips." She said and raised her hand. "Students, this is Master Tiberius Pryce. He will lead this class, show him the same respect you do me. Master Pryce... you have the floor."
__________________



Last edited by Droo; 03-07-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Droo is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Special Services to the School

SS Featured Author
Türk Bilgini
Bugbear
 
Maxilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: {in a leap of faith}
Posts: 31,791

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sarani Glass
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Sion Logan Jetza
x12
Default
♥ Mrs. Itachi Uchiha™ & MAJNOO! : Bleach & Kyo & Natsume ♥ [ Maxh!Jesh ]

Oh, look! MASTER Pryce! Gold found that thought sort of... new. Not that she thought he wouldn't do a good job. He did, after all, look kind of intelligent. Ravenclaw brains, right?

She sat up a little straighter, and waited for 'Master Pryce' to start the lesson. Master Pryce... hehe.

Maxilocks is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Formerly: Draco21
Slytherin
Porlock
 
EllaKins!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Epic Ville
Posts: 8,023

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violet Leah Riddle
Fifth Year
Default
♥Mrs.Bieber| The coolest kid you know| Gossip Girl | Little Miss Cheerleader♥

Oh gosh the stuttering machine is helping! thought Violet "H-h-hi master T-Tibi" Violet knew it wasn't the best thing to do yet who said she wanted to do the right thing.
EllaKins! is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:17 AM   #16 (permalink)



SA & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
AmbiguouslyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,674

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Default
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Tiberius had made his way to Professor Lupa's side rather timidly as she introduced him. He took a deep breath, anticipating a much longer introduction, before turning and looking at her, mouth agape. That was it?

Turning back to the class, eyes wide, Tibi's hand shook as he clutched his notes. What had he been thinking? What business did he have teaching fourth years, let alone seventh? The butterflies in his stomach getting the best of him, Tibi stared down at the paper and began to read in a soft, monotone, barely audible.

"Today we are learning about the Cardinal runes which aren't really runes at all just something to help you focus on a question and think through it yourself there are seven of them and they each have different meanings."

Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath. Looking back up, he bit his lip. "Sorry, let me start again."

He cleared his throat. "Today I'm going to be teaching about the Cardinal Runes. Does anyone know why they're called that?"
__________________

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time
AmbiguouslyMe is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:22 AM   #17 (permalink)


Moke
 
DH Vixen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Amongst Magic
Posts: 8,616

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara Gwendolyn Monroe
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jade Aimee Monroe
Mysteries

x11
Default
Atypical Ravenclaw Bookworm // Hair Flipper Pro / / the edgy starbuckian // Hot Messie

Mina watched as her fellow Ravenclaw started talking. He looked quite nervous, but maybe it was just nerves. She didn't really like talking in front of others either.

Oh a question...quickly, she raised her hand. "Is it because they have something to do with the cardinal directions?"
__________________
Zara Bale

Cora SylvieSebLana

DH Vixen is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League
Mooncalf
 
The1HBIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Iowa, USA (GMT -6)
Posts: 7,707

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cecelia "Cece" Murdoch
Graduated

x4 x2
Slytherin
Super Slytherin Buddy - ⅓ She-Snake Trio || EVIL Healer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilFox06 View Post
Carter entered the classroom. Horseshoe seating? Interesting. "Hello Professor." he greeted. He then looked around for a seat. Seeing Marie he waved to her. They had become pretty good friends since being sent to see the Headmaster together. Spotting Ella and Mina he went over to them and sat near them.
Marie waved at Carter as he went to sit near Mina. Looking around she still did not see Even, Destiny or Evelyn, where were they?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Tiberius had made his way to Professor Lupa's side rather timidly as she introduced him. He took a deep breath, anticipating a much longer introduction, before turning and looking at her, mouth agape. That was it?

Turning back to the class, eyes wide, Tibi's hand shook as he clutched his notes. What had he been thinking? What business did he have teaching fourth years, let alone seventh? The butterflies in his stomach getting the best of him, Tibi stared down at the paper and began to read in a soft, monotone, barely audible.

"Today we are learning about the Cardinal runes which aren't really runes at all just something to help you focus on a question and think through it yourself there are seven of them and they each have different meanings."

Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath. Looking back up, he bit his lip. "Sorry, let me start again."

He cleared his throat. "Today I'm going to be teaching about the Cardinal Runes. Does anyone know why they're called that?"
Oh, Tibi was actually goign to teach the class, Martie thought he was just going to be helping Professor Lupa. Now sh ewas glad her runes didn't win, she wouldn't want to be standing in front of everyone like that.

Raising her hand at his question she said, "Would it be because each one represents something to do with the Cardinal Directions? Which are North, South, East, West and Center"
The1HBIC is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Special Services to the School

SS Featured Author
Türk Bilgini
Bugbear
 
Maxilocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: {in a leap of faith}
Posts: 31,791

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sarani Glass
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Sion Logan Jetza
x12
Default
♥ Mrs. Itachi Uchiha™ & MAJNOO! : Bleach & Kyo & Natsume ♥ [ Maxh!Jesh ]

Gold waved her hand in the air.

"Cardinal points, right, Professor?" she said cheerfully. Professor Pryce. Hehe. "The four, basic directions. North, south, east and west." She lowered her hand, and gave Tibi a smile.

Maxilocks is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:34 AM   #20 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Nogtail
 
Jessica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Middle of nowhere
Posts: 4,526

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cherrinell Baron
First Year
x3
Default
JayMay ♥ Big, yellow duckie <3

OOOH!

Question TIIIME!

Candy totally raised her hand. "Cardinal means IMPORTANT righttt?" she said HAPPILY. "So these runes are IMPORTANT?"

Then she frowned.

"Or maybe it's just that they have somethin' to do with theee cardinal directions?"
__________________

Jessica's time on SS is now limited
thanks to that big and BAD thing called
real life

Jessica is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
Moderator
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod


DMAC & DoM
Giant
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ferrix: GMT-6
Posts: 56,907

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
Default
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Jack was soooo excited that Reese was back. He had been so worried for the longest time--it made him such a grump in class! But now he was back to his old smiley self, sitting in the back next to his recovered girlfriend.

And TIBI was teaching! How fun! Jack had to admit he was mildly jealous that his runes hadn't won the little contest, but Tibi's runes totally trumped his own--he deserved it.

He raised his hand. "Well, Mr. Pryce, they're called the Cardinal Runes because the refer to the directions...right?"
__________________
I'm still standin'________________________________________ better than I ever did

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid
Lissy Longbottom is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 04:41 AM   #22 (permalink)


Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Droo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 15,697

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sebastian Price
First Year
Default
The Harpy of Hogwarts | Dungeon Mistress | Bimba di Serpeverde

Alessia watched the students answer... Good... they were behaving.
__________________


Droo is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 06:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Special Services to the School
Hufflepuff
Nogtail
 
Mrs. Weasley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: GMT-5
Posts: 4,893

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sidney Marlowe
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Edward Lestrange

x7
Default
Double Agent Stamps!

Sidney doesn't know this cardinal direction. She's thinking more of the Cardinal Rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Sidney raises her hand. Excuse me Tiberius, I mean Professor Pryce." Sidney looks in Professor Lupa's direction. "Is it alright for us to call him professor ma'am?" Sidney turns her attention back to Tiberius. "Do your 'runes' refer to the Cardinal Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?"
__________________
tom riddle's drabbles
Mrs. Weasley is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 12:12 PM   #24 (permalink)


Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Droo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 15,697

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sebastian Price
First Year
Default
The Harpy of Hogwarts | Dungeon Mistress | Bimba di Serpeverde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Weasley View Post
Sidney doesn't know this cardinal direction. She's thinking more of the Cardinal Rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Sidney raises her hand. Excuse me Tiberius, I mean Professor Pryce." Sidney looks in Professor Lupa's direction. "Is it alright for us to call him professor ma'am?" Sidney turns her attention back to Tiberius. "Do your 'runes' refer to the Cardinal Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?"
"No Miss Marlowe, please refer to him as Master Pryce. That is his correct title. He is not a professor, I am." She said and smiled at the boy.
__________________


Droo is offline  
Old 03-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #25 (permalink)



SA & DMLE
Mooncalf
 
AmbiguouslyMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 6,674

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Default
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH Vixen View Post
Mina watched as her fellow Ravenclaw started talking. He looked quite nervous, but maybe it was just nerves. She didn't really like talking in front of others either.

Oh a question...quickly, she raised her hand. "Is it because they have something to do with the cardinal directions?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
OOOH!

Question TIIIME!

Candy totally raised her hand. "Cardinal means IMPORTANT righttt?" she said HAPPILY. "So these runes are IMPORTANT?"

Then she frowned.

"Or maybe it's just that they have somethin' to do with theee cardinal directions?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Lissy Lou View Post

And TIBI was teaching! How fun! Jack had to admit he was mildly jealous that his runes hadn't won the little contest, but Tibi's runes totally trumped his own--he deserved it.

He raised his hand. "Well, Mr. Pryce, they're called the Cardinal Runes because the refer to the directions...right?"
Tiberius felt his heartbeat slow as students answered his question. Maybe he could do this after all! "Yep! The runes are based on the Cardinal directions, though there are some we'll talk about that aren't." He looked at the student who'd said they were important. "But I do think they're important, too. At least to me.".


Quote:
Originally Posted by SenoritaMaxie View Post
Gold waved her hand in the air.

"Cardinal points, right, Professor?" she said cheerfully. Professor Pryce. Hehe. "The four, basic directions. North, south, east and west." She lowered her hand, and gave Tibi a smile.

Tiberius giggled as the Gryffindor prefect called him Professor. Hehe. Professor Pryce. "Yes, North, South, East and West are the Cardinal directions, though some consider a fifth point part of them." He turned to the Slytherin who spoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1HBIC View Post
Raising her hand at his question she said, "Would it be because each one represents something to do with the Cardinal Directions? Which are North, South, East, West and Center"
"And center, thanks! Every direction and no direction at the same time." Tibi smiled and was about to turn to the board when he saw Sidney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Weasley View Post
Sidney doesn't know this cardinal direction. She's thinking more of the Cardinal Rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Sidney raises her hand. Excuse me Tiberius, I mean Professor Pryce." Sidney looks in Professor Lupa's direction. "Is it alright for us to call him professor ma'am?" Sidney turns her attention back to Tiberius. "Do your 'runes' refer to the Cardinal Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droo View Post
"No Miss Marlowe, please refer to him as Master Pryce. That is his correct title. He is not a professor, I am." She said and smiled at the boy.
He chewed on his lip. He hated being wrong, so he hated telling someone they were wrong. "Not really, no." He paused. "But I think it's a good rule." He smiled at her before turning to the board. He wrinkled his nose a little at Lupa's correction. Well, Professor Pryce was fun while it lasted...

Tiberius hopped up on a chair -- otherwise, he could reach the board! -- and began to draw circles within circles, and then added shapes to the circles as he spoke.

"There are seven runes all together. The first five are North, South, East, West, and Center, which are the cardinal directions that you named. The other two are not directions at all. They are creation and infinity." Tiberius paused, looking over his shoulder. Was he talking too fast? Could people hear him? His hand trembled and his drawing on the board was shaky at best.

Tibi turned back to the board and finished off the last bit. "These," he pointed to the board as he turned back around, still on his chair, "are the Cardinal runes and how they are related to one another."

"North, South, East, West and Center, are distinct runes with their own meanings and associations. North for example, is also associated with winter and with earth. South, on the other hand, with summer and fire. East with air and spring, and West with water and fall. Center is associated with spirit."

Tibi pointed to the space between the first and second large circles. "All of those together make up Creation, so the Creation rune, while it has it's own meanings, also holds the meanings of the directional runes in balance."

Stretching on the chair and teetering just a little, Tibi pointed to the rune outside the circles. "Infinity, the seventh rune, has it's own meanings, but as far as associations, like the directions had with elements, it's associated with everything both within and beyond creation."

Tibi dropped his arm and faced the class again. "Questions?" Tibi rocked on his heels on the chair, which was a rather dangerous proposition, before breaking the silence he'd just established. "And if you don't, that's ok, you can answer one for me." Tibi hopped down off the chair and picked up a stack of paper and passed them around the room.

"These are the meanings of each of the runes, and you might think some of them overlap. Or maybe something you associate with fire, for instance, is assigned to West and air, for example. Why do you think that is?"
__________________

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time

Last edited by AmbiguouslyMe; 03-07-2010 at 01:20 PM.
AmbiguouslyMe is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:55 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252