View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
draco*malfoy*lover
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Samantha Nicole Brooks
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Amelia Cartiera
Accidents & Catastrophes
Slytherin From Enemies to Lovers - Sa16+
Tom's Quidditch Robes Devilish Draco

This is my first FF. So far I think it's pretty good. Hope you enjoy!

--Prongs

Chapter 1: Flourish & Blotts

She was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling counting down the days until school started again. She couldn’t wait for the start of a new term and see her friends. Hermione missed them all, she had only visited the Burrow once over the summer and it had been for Harry’s birthday. There was only three weeks left until school but Hermione was getting restless. Her mother had told her to visit some of her other friends she had from the muggle schools she went to before Hogwarts, but she really didn’t want to have to explain why she did not attend a normal school with them. She got up and changed into a short-sleeve shirt and tight, low-riding jeans. She was going to Diagon Alley to get her new robes and school books. Along with her list of new books, she had gotten a letter saying she had become Head Girl. She was so excited that she immediately sent Ginny a letter telling her, Ron, and Harry about it. Ginny replied congratulating her.

He was walking around his bedroom wondering what he had to endure next. He had just been to a Death Eater meeting with his father and watched as Lucius and other Death Eaters tortured a man to death. He could not take what his father was doing. Draco did not look forward to becoming a Death Eater, nor did he want to. His father had told him that since he was the only Malfoy left he will become one and be the Dark Lord’s second hand. Draco had also been tortured to feel the pain before he gets his dark mark. He is dreading the thought of what he must do to become a Death Eater for his father. To try and get his mind off it, Draco decides to go to Diagon Alley and buy the rest of his school supplies. Before he left, he walked to his desk and picked up his letter. He had gotten it earlier that day but did not open it. When he opened it, he was shocked to find another letter accompanying his supply list. He read it and saw that he had become Head Boy.

Hermione arrived at Diagon Alley and ran into Harry and Ron.
“Hey, Hermione!” they said.
“Hey, guys! I missed you.” Hermione said hugging them both.
They walked around Diagon Alley and talked about what had happened and what they had done over the past few weeks.

Malfoy got to Diagon Alley and looked around cautiously, hoping his father did not follow him. He did not tell his mother or father where he was going. It’s not like they care, really, he thought. They never really bothered knowing where I was. He snapped out of his thoughts and went straight to Flourish & Blotts to get his books he needed for that year.

Just as Flourish & Blotts was coming into view, Hermione stopped.

“Hey, I gotta go in and get some books,” she said.
“Ok, we’ll meet up with you later then, Hermione,” said Harry. “See ya.”
“Bye, guys.”

She walked in and went to the Ancient Runes section and lost herself in all the books. She pulled one off the shelf called Runes of Ireland and started to read it. She began walking down the aisle with her nose in the book when she collided with a person scanning the shelves. He stumbled and Hermione fell onto the floor. All her books toppled out of her hand and scattered the floor. She got up to apologize.

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t pa--Malfoy?”
“Watch where you’re going, Granger,” sneered Malfoy. “I nearly fell over.”
“Yeah, well I did, and I didn’t see you rush to help me up,” Hermione exclaimed, now on her knees picking up her books.

She was crawling on the floor gathering all her books that had been sprawled across the floor. She turned, so she had her back towards him. Draco was now staring at her back, gazing at her curves from behind. Draco, snap out of it, he told himself. It’s Granger.

“And why would I help you?” He asked.
“Hmm, I don’t know, common courtesy” She snapped.
“Sorry, I’m all out of cour---”
“Well I figured. Now if you don’t mind I’m gonna get the rest of my school books and meet up with my friends.”

She turned and started to walk away, when Draco grabbed her arm.

“Hold on a second,” Draco said.
“Ugh, what Malfoy?”
“I’m sorry, Hermione.”
“For what Draco? Being your normal self?”
“Fine, Granger, if you don’t want to accept my apology, then don’t.”
“Well, it’s not like I’m not used to you apologizing, Draco. But I accept your apology.”
“Thanks Hermione. I know I don’t normally do that.”
“It’s fine, but I do have to go now. I promised Harry and Ron I’d meet them.”
“Where are you meeting them?” Draco asked curiously.
“Madam Malkin’s, why?”
“Would you mind if I walked with you? I have to go there any way and right now I don’t wanna walk alone.”

Hermione stood there staring at him, thinking. Maybe I should let him come with me…we are going to the same place and it wouldn’t do any harm? Why? She argued to herself. It’s Malfoy! You know how much of a jerk he’s been, especially to you! I know but he apologized and he didn’t insult me like usual. Ok, ok let him come. Hermione stopped arguing with herself and smiled at Draco.

“What?” he asked with a confused look.
“Nothing. Yeah, you’re welcome to join me. It’ll be nice to have the company.”
“Really?” said Draco, shocked.
“Yeah, first I have to pay for my books, then we’ll leave.”

Hermione paid for her books and they headed toward the door. She reached for the handle to open the door, when Draco stopped her.

“Wait.” He said.
“Why? What’s wrong?” asked Hermione.
“Just hold on a second.”
Draco opened the door and looked around.
“Ok, come on.” He said finally.

They walked to the robe shop when Hermione had to ask about earlier.

“Draco, why’d you do that in Flourish and Blotts?”
“Do what?”
“Look out the door before we left.”
“Oh that, I was, uhh, just, uhh, checking things out.”
“Uh-huh,” replied Hermione.
“Just drop it, ok?”
“So, who were you looking for?”
“Never mind Granger,” Draco said, beginning to get frustrated.
“You can tell me, I won’t say anything, I promise.” Hermione said, grinning.
“Alright, if you must know. I’m avoiding my father, and he doesn’t know I’m here.”
“Is everything ok?”
“Yeah, fine.”

Hermione stopped and stood in front of him.

“Well, if you need to talk about it, I’m here Draco,” she said, putting her hand on his shoulder.
“Thanks, Hermione.”

They continued walking to Madam Malkin’s in silence.

Clicky Chapters for your convinenece. =]
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 [part 2]
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 [part 2]
Chapter 10 [part 2]
Chapter 11 [part 2]
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

that was then au && if you can't hang tour

Last edited by draco*malfoy*lover; 10-13-2008 at 04:39 AM.