sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1971 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Chelliephone , Natashasyn , Natashalqc , Emzily

11 members
1960 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 47: September - December 2017


Term 47: September - December 2017 Term Forty-Seven: Drama on the Rise (Sept 2093 - June 2094)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Stefan Stefan is offline
 
Default Potion Ingredients Storeroom


To access this room, one must go inside the Potions Classroom or the Laboratory across. A U-shaped room, the walls are lined with shelves, stocked with potion ingredients from floor to ceiling. A step ladder is also provided to access the top shelves. Each shelf has a clipboard containing the list of ingredients it holds. Students and professors who wish to procure ingredients from a particular shelf are required to note down their names, the ingredient(s) and the amount they took. Clear jars of different shapes and sizes are properly labeled, which also bears the ingredient's provenance and expiry date. Said jars are arranged alphabetically for easier access.

Aside from the ingredients, the room also has a stock of potion-making tools and trays for the students and professors to use when retrieving their ingredients. Extra gloves, goggles, and lab coats can also be found here. Bulkier tools and materials such as cauldrons and high capacity cylinders and volumetric flasks can be found back in the classroom or laboratory.

Ingredients that require special handling, or deemed too dangerous without the right professional supervision have been moved to another classified location, of which the Healer/Potions Master, Deputy Headmaster, and Headmistress have sole access. Should you need one of these special ingredients, one should notify the Healer/Potions Master in advance to personally assist you.

INGREDIENTS ON HAND:
Text Cut: A-L

A
  • Agrippa
  • Antimony*
  • Armadillo Bile
  • Ashwinder Eggs (Frozen)*
  • Asphodel
  • Aquavitæ

B
  • Bat Blood
  • Bat Spleen
  • Bat Wings
  • Beetle Eyes
  • Belladonna
  • Bezoar
  • Bicorn Horn
  • Billywig Sting
  • Billywig Sting Slime
  • Boom Berry
  • Bouncing Spider Juice
  • Bubotuber Pus*
  • Bulbadox Juice*
  • Butterscotch

C
  • Cat Hair
  • Caterpillar
  • Chinese Chomping Cabbage
  • Cinnamon
  • Cockroach
  • Croaka
  • Crocodile Heart

D
  • Daisy
  • Dandelion Root
  • Deadlyius*
  • Doxy Eggs
  • Dragon Dung
  • Dragonfly Thorax

E
  • Eagle Owl Feather
  • Eel Eyes
  • Exploding Ginger Eyelash

F
  • Fairy Wings
  • Flabberghasted Leeches
  • Flitterbloom
  • Flobberworm Mucus
  • Fluxweed
  • Frog Brain
  • Frog Legs
  • Frog Skin

G
  • Ginger Root
  • Goosegrass
  • Griffin Claw

H
  • Herbaria
  • Honeywater
  • Horklump Juice
  • Horned Slug
  • Horned Toads
  • Horse Hair
  • Howlet's (Owl) Wing

K
  • Knotgrass

L
  • Lacewing Flies
  • Lady's Mantle
  • Leech
  • Leech Juice
  • Lionfish
  • Lionfish Spines
  • Lizard's Leg
  • Lovage

*Use with caution


Text Cut: M-Z

M
  • Mandrake*
  • Mandrake (Stewed)
  • Mandrake Root
  • Mistletoe Berries
  • Moly
  • Moondew
  • Moonstone
  • Morning Dew
  • Murtlap Tentacles

N
  • Nettle
  • Newt
  • Newt Eyes
  • Newt Spleen
  • Nux Myristica (Nutmeg)

O
  • Octopus Powder

P
  • Peacock Feather
  • Peppermint
  • Pomegranate Juice
  • Porcupine Quills
  • Pufferfish Eyes

R
  • Rat Spleen
  • Rat Tails
  • Rose Petals
  • Rose Thorns
  • Rotten Eggs
  • Runespoor Eggs

S
  • Sal Ammoniac
  • Salamander
  • Salamander Blood
  • Salt
  • Sardine
  • Scarab Beetle
  • Scurvy Grass
  • Shrake Spine
  • Shrivelfig
  • Silverweed
  • Sloth Brain
  • Sloth Brain Mucus
  • Snake Fangs
  • Snakeweed
  • Sneezewort
  • Sopophorus Beans
  • Spiders
  • Spleenwart
  • Staghorn
  • Star Grass
  • Starthistle
  • Sulphur Vive
  • Syrup of Hellebore

T
  • Tubeworm
  • Turtle Shells

V
  • Vinegar
  • Valerian Root

W
  • Wartcap Powder
  • Wartizome
  • Wiggenbush Bark
  • Wiggentree Bark
  • Wormwood

*Use with caution


INGREDIENTS WITHHELD:
Text Cut: A-L
  • Aconite
  • Aconite Fluid
  • Acromantula Venom
  • Adder's Fork (Adder Snake Tongue)
  • Alihotsy Leaves
  • Angel's Trumpet
  • Baneberry
  • Boomslang Skin
  • Chizpurfle Carapace
  • Death-Cap
  • Dittany
  • Dragon Blood
  • Dragon Claw
  • Dragon Horn
  • Dragon Liver
  • Erumpent Horn
  • Erumpent Tail
  • Fire Seeds
  • Giant Purple Toad Warts
  • Graphorn Horn
  • Gillyweed
  • Jobberknoll Feathers
  • Lobalug Venom


Text Cut: M-Z
  • Moonseed
  • Syrup of Arnica
  • Unicorn Hair
  • Unicorn Horn
  • Venomous Tentacula Leaves


Old 09-06-2017, 03:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,411

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

He had ONE ingredient down. Had had it in his possession all summer really.

Not all that was left was to collect the rest and he had to be SNEAKY about it. Which was really something that Derf was not particularly good at but he was trying. Which was why he just had a least of two ingredients to collect today and then he would stagger his following trips by a few days...or a week...basically he just needed to be ready by the holiday break to allow for brewing time. Couldn't let Zoryn down, after all!

"Lacewing flies...lacewing flies..." he muttered to himself as his bright blue eyes scanned the shelves.
__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,991

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
He had ONE ingredient down. Had had it in his possession all summer really.

Not all that was left was to collect the rest and he had to be SNEAKY about it. Which was really something that Derf was not particularly good at but he was trying. Which was why he just had a least of two ingredients to collect today and then he would stagger his following trips by a few days...or a week...basically he just needed to be ready by the holiday break to allow for brewing time. Couldn't let Zoryn down, after all!

"Lacewing flies...lacewing flies..." he muttered to himself as his bright blue eyes scanned the shelves.
He had a mission now and a target for that mission. It felt exciting to have an actual reason for his notes and his potion making and now that he did he realized why his family did it. He would fully make this potion work, he wasn't going to fail like last time.

Once his class was over he headed straight to the Dungeons and without even stopping at his common room headed for the storeroom. What he needed would be in there he was sure of it, but as he headed in he was stopped at the door by another student already in there. How was he going to get the ingredients he needed without suspicion?

"Hey Derf" The boy was in the same year so maybe he could do small talk and grab things when he had Derf distracted.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,411

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
He had a mission now and a target for that mission. It felt exciting to have an actual reason for his notes and his potion making and now that he did he realized why his family did it. He would fully make this potion work, he wasn't going to fail like last time.

Once his class was over he headed straight to the Dungeons and without even stopping at his common room headed for the storeroom. What he needed would be in there he was sure of it, but as he headed in he was stopped at the door by another student already in there. How was he going to get the ingredients he needed without suspicion?

"Hey Derf" The boy was in the same year so maybe he could do small talk and grab things when he had Derf distracted.
Derf was still scanning the shelves when Edward walked in. Being one not particularly fond of nicknames unless he knew the person, Derf would be sticking with calling him that. "Heeeeeeeeeeeey," he dragged out as he turned his head around to offer the Slytherin some proper eye contact. Besides, his eyes were becoming a bit strained trying to read some of the higher up labels in his search for Lacewing flies.

Or maybe ... since these were just flies...he should just catch them himself. Although he was looking for specifice Lacewing flies and he knew those were bottled up in here somewhere.

Bleh.

Actually...that seemed like a good idea. Which meant all his eye strain was for naught. Sigh.

"Do you see bicorn horn?" he asked, bright blues returning to the shelves and scanning aaaaaall over again. "Er...powdered bicorn horn, rather?"
__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 09-15-2017, 01:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,991

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Derf was still scanning the shelves when Edward walked in. Being one not particularly fond of nicknames unless he knew the person, Derf would be sticking with calling him that. "Heeeeeeeeeeeey," he dragged out as he turned his head around to offer the Slytherin some proper eye contact. Besides, his eyes were becoming a bit strained trying to read some of the higher up labels in his search for Lacewing flies.

Or maybe ... since these were just flies...he should just catch them himself. Although he was looking for specifice Lacewing flies and he knew those were bottled up in here somewhere.

Bleh.

Actually...that seemed like a good idea. Which meant all his eye strain was for naught. Sigh.

"Do you see bicorn horn?" he asked, bright blues returning to the shelves and scanning aaaaaall over again. "Er...powdered bicorn horn, rather?"
What was he looking for? Eddie decided to finally walk fully into the room and set his stuff down before moving over the closet. Since he didn't want to get the actual ingredients he was looking for in front of another student and grabbed his book out of his bag and pulled the first potion he could find.

Hair growing potions?

UGH


Well, that was not okay, but he'd deal with it. Maybe he could have fun with it later. Looking up in the shelves he shrugged, "No, not seeing it,
but I just got over here so maybe I'm just missing it."
He continued to look, "What are you making?" Bicorn hair, what did you use that for?
His brain started going over different potions he knew, which weren't many since the only type he took interest in weren't ones they made often.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 09-18-2017, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,411

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

He had TOTALLY been prepared for questions like this! Even done a bit of research - which was easy when your best friend was Jessa and older mentor was Dora and BOTH of them were good with brewing - so that he could have a few plausible back up reasons for looking for certain ingredients. Professor Healer Man could be proud. At least in theory nothing could explode, you know?

"Oh, okay," he shrugged as he moved over to the next row of jars and scanned up and down to try and orientate himself in the storeroom. "Mutatio Animalia!" he grinned. Honestly something he DID want to brew eventually...and may get sidetracked in this present task in all honesty. "Got no hopes of ever becoming an animagus sooooooooooooo..."
__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 09-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,991

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

That was..... impressive.

He looked at the Hufflepuff with a bit more interest than he might have in previous years. "That's a pretty tough potion." He turned his attention on finding the ingredient the other boy was looking for because this actually became something he wanted to know more about. "Why are you giving up on being an animagus already? Isn't that something you have to train for?" They were only third years and it was like his wanting to talk to snakes, he knew it was going to be impossible, but he wasn't giving up.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 09-29-2017, 02:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,411

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Derf couldn't help but ruffle his hair, again, at the mention of this particular brew being tough. No denying that...and considering Derf slipped up with even the simplest of brews it was a long shot but still entirely an attainable goal. His ACTUAL goal was a far more complex process anyway. "It is...but considering the potential outcome I feel motivated," he nodded. And when a Derf had the motivation and drive, well, it was hard to discourage him. "Least the list of ingredients isn't so long."

Although Derf did have to laugh, mostly at himself because ha, when Edward spoke again. "I know my limitations," he explained with a shrug. Sort of. Some of the 13-year-old's aspirations were outlandish and impossible but no one could tell him that. "And I don't really want to be an animagus anyway. Got ambitions elsewhere. " Not to mention the thought of holding a mandrake leaf in his mouth an entire MONTH horrifying. "And I'm not giving up. I just haven't even started."

There was a difference.
__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 10-08-2017, 08:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,991

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Derf couldn't help but ruffle his hair, again, at the mention of this particular brew being tough. No denying that...and considering Derf slipped up with even the simplest of brews it was a long shot but still entirely an attainable goal. His ACTUAL goal was a far more complex process anyway. "It is...but considering the potential outcome I feel motivated," he nodded. And when a Derf had the motivation and drive, well, it was hard to discourage him. "Least the list of ingredients isn't so long."

Although Derf did have to laugh, mostly at himself because ha, when Edward spoke again. "I know my limitations," he explained with a shrug. Sort of. Some of the 13-year-old's aspirations were outlandish and impossible but no one could tell him that. "And I don't really want to be an animagus anyway. Got ambitions elsewhere. " Not to mention the thought of holding a mandrake leaf in his mouth an entire MONTH horrifying. "And I'm not giving up. I just haven't even started."

There was a difference.

Hmmm..

This boy was interesting and very different all in one. Edward couldn't say he had come near someone that actually interested him this much. "So you are trying to cheat the system per say. I mean you don't think you can actually do it, but there is a loophole with a potion." See there were loopholes all over for everything, so of course, that means there had to be a loophole for parseltongue and he was going to find it.

"What were you looking for again?" He had become so distracted by actually listening to someone that Eddie forgot what he even came in for and the potion Derf had been looking for. His eyes back on the shelf he tried to remember what he was doing there.

"Oh, other ambitions, in what? " What could he possibly want to do was the question and Eddie wanted to know.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 10-18-2017, 05:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,411

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Hmmm..

This boy was interesting and very different all in one. Edward couldn't say he had come near someone that actually interested him this much. "So you are trying to cheat the system per say. I mean you don't think you can actually do it, but there is a loophole with a potion." See there were loopholes all over for everything, so of course, that means there had to be a loophole for parseltongue and he was going to find it.

"What were you looking for again?" He had become so distracted by actually listening to someone that Eddie forgot what he even came in for and the potion Derf had been looking for. His eyes back on the shelf he tried to remember what he was doing there.

"Oh, other ambitions, in what? " What could he possibly want to do was the question and Eddie wanted to know.
Cheat the system? Derf merely shrugged at that. He hadn't really thought about it in that light. "I don't see how it's cheating when the recipe is readily available in our textbook," he replied, blinking his eyes several times to process. "It only lasts about...uh...up to 5 hours or something anyway. You can be in your animagus form for AGES..." So not really cheating the system. "Just figure it would help me with my understanding of creatures, you know...to know a person you gotta walk five kilometers in their shoes and stuff. Or paws. Or slither." Possibilities were really endless, which was perhaps why he liked the idea of the potion so much.

Even if it wasn't his actual aim, but he had become sidetracked - as he often did.

"Powdered bicorn horn," he repeated with a nod. "Me? I'm gonna be a magizoologist!" Like Newt Scamander.
__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
Old 10-24-2017, 01:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll
 
Bazinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,991

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Default
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Cheat the system? Derf merely shrugged at that. He hadn't really thought about it in that light. "I don't see how it's cheating when the recipe is readily available in our textbook," he replied, blinking his eyes several times to process. "It only lasts about...uh...up to 5 hours or something anyway. You can be in your animagus form for AGES..." So not really cheating the system. "Just figure it would help me with my understanding of creatures, you know...to know a person you gotta walk five kilometers in their shoes and stuff. Or paws. Or slither." Possibilities were really endless, which was perhaps why he liked the idea of the potion so much.

Even if it wasn't his actual aim, but he had become sidetracked - as he often did.

"Powdered bicorn horn," he repeated with a nod. "Me? I'm gonna be a magizoologist!" Like Newt Scamander.
Slither, the other boy just said slither and it was like a lightbulb went off in Eddie's head. His grin grew three times the size of it's normal length and he looked at Derf differently than he had looked at anyone at Hogwarts. This boy, this boy right here was the first in three years that seemed like he could actually be beneficial to keep around. So now Eddie had to do that weird thing people did and act like he wanted to be friends.

If he could become a snake, maybe just maybe he could understand their language more and figure out that loophole that he was so looking for. "Oh well maybe cheat wasn't the right word, but it's cool either way." Was that the way to do it, just agree with them and act like everything they said was amazing? He had heard his lame dormmates talk to each other enough he should have picked up something about this social interaction.


"Wow like Newt Scamander? That's awesome, bet you'll be really good at it. You seem to know your stuff in class." Had he ever heard Derf in class, probably, but Eddie had a hard time really listening to anyone, but he wouldn't let that stop him from saying he had. "I'll help you look for it." He was now fully invested in helping and learning from this one.
__________________
Bazinga is offline  
Old 11-05-2017, 04:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Paths
Posts: 39,411

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Slither, the other boy just said slither and it was like a lightbulb went off in Eddie's head. His grin grew three times the size of it's normal length and he looked at Derf differently than he had looked at anyone at Hogwarts. This boy, this boy right here was the first in three years that seemed like he could actually be beneficial to keep around. So now Eddie had to do that weird thing people did and act like he wanted to be friends.

If he could become a snake, maybe just maybe he could understand their language more and figure out that loophole that he was so looking for. "Oh well maybe cheat wasn't the right word, but it's cool either way." Was that the way to do it, just agree with them and act like everything they said was amazing? He had heard his lame dormmates talk to each other enough he should have picked up something about this social interaction.


"Wow like Newt Scamander? That's awesome, bet you'll be really good at it. You seem to know your stuff in class." Had he ever heard Derf in class, probably, but Eddie had a hard time really listening to anyone, but he wouldn't let that stop him from saying he had. "I'll help you look for it." He was now fully invested in helping and learning from this one.
While unaware of Edward's intentions, Derf and him ironically shared a similar thought process. Seeing as the Hufflepuff had gained a certain level of fluency in numerous magical languages (his strongest still being Mermish with Gobbledegook coming in a moderately close second - Bowtruckle was actually superior to both thanks to Picketta) and there were some that, well, exposure and immersion were just necessary. It was why people studied abroad, you know? And with a potion of this nature it could be LIKE studying abroad for five hours at a time!

Which was why Derf found himself nodding at what the Slytherin was saying. "It is really neat," he grinned. "Human transfiguration spells are kinda...well out of my wheelhouse too...so," he added with a bit of a shrug. Maybe someday he could turn a trusted friend into a creature. Abey would make a really cute ferret.

Derf was a bit taken aback by Edward's surprise at the magizoology comment - although not surprised by the connection he made with Newt Scamander considering the Hufflepuff was as transparent as glass about the dream. He DID lug around an enchanted suitcase with all his textbooks and such with him to classes, after all. "Okay," he nodded, turning his attention back to the shelves looking for the powdered bicorn horn. He was a liiiiiiiittle unsettled by the sudden change in tone and attitude, buuuuuuuut his thoughts didn't linger there for long. He had a vial to find, after all.
__________________



When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:46 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253