FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 485 users online including...
EriksaTap , Bogdankls , Kimothy , Emzily , Bogdansaa , Methrenhow , DwightGOX

9 members
476 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Upper Floors

Upper Floors It becomes more airy as you make your way to the upper floors of the castle. Here the tallest towers can be accessed and just maybe you will discovery somewhere that f you have to ask, you'll never know but if you know, you need only ask.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2022, 01:54 PM

Default Music Classroom

Upon entering this large classroom, it is very obvious what its purpose is. This room is dedicated to teaching Muggle and Wizard Music and is used by members of both the Frog Choir and Orchestra. Instrument cases of all shapes and sizes as well as rows of music stands with accompanying stools fill the inside of this room. In the front, a conductor's stand is positioned in between a polished black piano and a complete drum set.

For many at Hogwarts, students and adults alike, this is one of their favourite places inside the castle. At various hours throughout the day, wonderful music is made and you get to take a break from anything overly theoretical and hone your musical talents. Fortunately for those in Transfiguration or in other parts of the castle, your marvelous melodies cannot disturb them for the room is completely soundproof. So play as loud as you want! This space can also be reserved after scheduled class hours if you and your friends have formed a band and need somewhere appropriate to practice.
Old 05-14-2024, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6
Default Open! ^_^
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

Professor Fergersnout wasn’t the most tuneful singer in Hogwarts but the way she was belting out the Marriage of Figaro as she searched through a large stack of sheet music would show she wasn’t self-conscious about it. It also helped that the room was soundproofed through magic, or at least it would have been had she not propped the door open with a chair allowing her voice to reverberate its way down the corridor.

The intention was to find a piece of music to enhance a performance the drama club would be presenting later on in the term. There were only a few problems with her mission, one being that she wasn’t exactly sure what it was she wanted and the other being that she had no idea how to read sheet music. Her confusion was evidenced by the fact she was currently squinting at an upside down piece of paper in an attempt to distinguish between a quaver and a quarter. The whole ordeal would’ve been made a lot easier if she had asked Winterbottom to accompany her considering he headed the school orchestra but it was too late now and Fergersnout was determined to do it alone.

She was starting to regret learning songs by ear and not being taught properly.
Old 05-25-2024, 07:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
Third Year
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Professor Fergersnout wasn’t the most tuneful singer in Hogwarts but the way she was belting out the Marriage of Figaro as she searched through a large stack of sheet music would show she wasn’t self-conscious about it. It also helped that the room was soundproofed through magic, or at least it would have been had she not propped the door open with a chair allowing her voice to reverberate its way down the corridor.

The intention was to find a piece of music to enhance a performance the drama club would be presenting later on in the term. There were only a few problems with her mission, one being that she wasn’t exactly sure what it was she wanted and the other being that she had no idea how to read sheet music. Her confusion was evidenced by the fact she was currently squinting at an upside down piece of paper in an attempt to distinguish between a quaver and a quarter. The whole ordeal would’ve been made a lot easier if she had asked Winterbottom to accompany her considering he headed the school orchestra but it was too late now and Fergersnout was determined to do it alone.

She was starting to regret learning songs by ear and not being taught properly.
Some might not know it but there was a spot that Hady spent a great deal of time at back during her days as a Hogwarts student. This may come as a surprise to some but the barns and pastures was it. There had been a time when the music room had been very important to her. Many hours had been spent in there playing a couple of different instruments and singing. Those had been some great memories that led to greater things, like the band she had been in for a bit and the friends she had made.

It was one of those memories that had flitted through her mind earlier on the day that had her now making her way towards the room as soon as she had some spare time. Was that singing she was hearing coming through the corridor as she got closer. Perhaps she shouldn't disturb whoever was already inside? It couldn't hurt to take a peek and see since they had left the door open, which she knew now that she was standing right outside of it.

Peering around the door to have a look inside the room, Hady was finally able to see who had been singing for now they were staring at some parchment. Hady took that as her chance to announce that she was standing there. "Hello Apollonia, you sounded like you were enjoying yourself." Hady smiled warmly.

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2024, 12:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

It was rare that there would be an occasion that Apollonia wasn’t enjoying herself when surrounded by such marvels as the Hogwarts castle possessed. She also had a knack for finding, or rather providing, her own entertainment hence the musical melody that was following her around.

“Apologies, was I being too loud again?” she chortled, turning to her fellow professor as she entered the room. “Sometimes I forget that I am in control of my own volume switch.” Or perhaps it was more that she lacked a certain sense of self-awareness or the ability to become embarrassed by her own actions. It had both positives and negatives but at least she had fun.

“You can’t read music, per chance?” she asked, quickly realising that the sheet music she was holding was upside down. Hady WAS the Hogwarts choirmaster was she not? “I was trying to find something with bagpipes and a melody that could be danced to but unfortunately I wasn’t taught the difference between a quarter note and a quaver.” Or was it a semi-quaver? And what was the squiggly pattern at the start of the line for?
Old 05-29-2024, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Third Year
x12

Hogwarts was always growing, always changing that's what she knew from her days as a student and it still rang true for her today as an adult. There was so much to see and experience if one allowed themselves the moment to do so.

"Not at all, isn't that what this room is all about? Letting ones musical creativity shine through?" Hady answered with a small laugh. Even Professors needed time to decompress. "That's quite alright, I'm more than used to a little noise. In case you haven't noticed my youngest sometimes forgets how loud she can be as well." Bryony was the smallest and loudest of her four children so noise wasn't a problem for her.

Oh, was her fellow colleague having some trouble reading the music sheet? "I can. The notes can be quite confusing if you don't know the difference but let's see what we have here?" Hady walked over to stand beside Apollonia so that she was able to have a much better look at the sheet music. "I'd be happy to help you not only find something that will be useful to you but also teach you the difference in the notes if you like." That way she would be able to find whatever she needed in the future and not have to rely on anyone else.

You are Bread!
Old 06-03-2024, 10:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6

The music classroom was naturally where one migrated to express themselves musically but that didn’t mean that everyone else couldn’t control their volume. Nor did it mean that everyone else lacked a sense of self awareness that made doing something mildly embarrassing an everyday occurance. “I suppose you are right. I am rather fond of a sing song when the occasion calls for it.” The occasion being whenever she felt like it. “And the acoustics are exemplary here.” Somebody must’ve enchanted it with that in mind. She chortled at Hady’s next words although the same could be said about a vast proportion of the younglins.

How amusing that the teacher was about to become the pupil. Although Apollonia was always prepared to learn, these children could come up with such wonderful information that even she hadn’t heard of sometimes. Every day was a school day as far as she was concerned. “I do like the idea of learning only I’m not sure how I could accommodate it into my schedule.” She was running a rather tight one already with the little time she had left to get this all sorted. It was rather fortunate that Fergersnout blossomed in a touch of chaos.

She quickly flicked through a couple of pages, pulling out the ones that seemed interesting visually. The ones with lots of ups and downs and notes with little tails like tadpoles and where the squiggly lines at the start folded and looped in pretty patterns. “Do you play an instrument?”
Old 06-06-2024, 05:03 PM   #7 (permalink)

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Third Year
x12

Unless one was her youngest daughter and enjoyed singing anytime, anyplace. Not that her child cared at all about attracting attention to herself. And with a mama who was the choir teacher, it was no wonder her youngest picked up some of her own silly antics. "There's nothing at all wrong with enjoying a good song when the moment comes along for one." She also enjoyed singing her heart out when the mode struck her.

Hadleigh smiled warmly in understanding. "Oh, I'm sure we can find the time somewhere. I can even give you a quick lesson right now if you have a few spare moments?" It wouldn't take too long to go over some of the more common notes.

The question was a simple one and yet it made her smile. "I do. The guitar and drums." Both she had learned to play when she was young.

You are Bread!
Old 06-15-2024, 11:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

x12 x6

Apollonia was, perhaps rather frustratingly for the rest of the Hogwarts population, in complete agreement with the young Paton there. It didn’t matter which corridor or classroom, whether in her office or wandering the grounds, the History of Magic Professor was often caught humming a ditty or singing a tune. Most of the time she was unaware that she was doing so, it had become second nature. “I’m glad I’m not the only one” she chortled. “It certainly brightens up my day to hear a little tune from a happy student or two.” It was another reason that she loved running the drama club. Those students were so talented and amazed her with their skills and enthusiasm on the daily. It made her think that in another life, she might have explored her theatrical side a little more.

She wouldn’t be opposed to becoming the student for once if she could shuffle around her schedule a little. In between teaching a compulsory subject, running three extracurricular activities and somehow accommodating marking essays, she was a very busy woman. And she loved it too, she thrived in chaos. “I suppose I have a few moments before I must return. I could stop my search for a second” she smiled warmly. Just as long as Hadleigh didn’t keep her for too long, the woman was incredibly easy to distract after all once engaged in conversation.

“I wish I’d learned” she remarked. She probably wouldn’t have progressed to a high standard as she tended to flit between hobbies on the regular but it would’ve been an enjoyable activity to add to her resume.