FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 702 users online including...
Chelliephone , Teddyspet , Natashaxfw , Viktorijwf , Methrenhow , PleryhaPhemn

10 members
692 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > WWRPG Special Forums > Start-of-Term Feast

Start-of-Term Feast The time has come to say HELLO to another year at Hogwarts! Enjoy a great meal and good conversation with friends before classes in the morning!

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 11-28-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Memory Book

If you are a graduating student, the time has finally come for you to approach the pedestal against the far wall and sign off like all those before you. The Memory Book is where you can leave behind an account of your favourite memories of Hogwarts and advice for future students to read. Should there be any lingering thoughts about the school, now would be time to let them go before you join the adult world beyond.

This is likely the first time you have ever gotten this close to the pedestal. You notice that the book those you saw writing in it all these years has been bound in brass and brown leather. Although the book is old, it surprisingly has been kept under great care as only the beginning pages are starting to turn yellow. Feel free to flip through the pages, read up on what your already-graduated friends and even your parents had to say. Whenever you are ready, simply pick up the self-inking quill set beside the book and pour your heart and soul onto the first crisp blank page you see.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:56 PM   #376 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

It was her final end-of-term feast and Karleigh was feeling a little bittersweet about it. Hogwarts had been her home away from home for seven years. It was where she essentially grew up and it was the source of happy moments as well as really painful ones. She had learned many life lessons here, though she was certain she had so many more to learn. It was time to leave here and even though it made her a little sad to bid adieu to Hogwarts, she was really eager to see where life was going to lead her next. She had been accepted into the WADA dance program and it felt like an exciting brand new chapter.

But she had one more rite of passage to complete before leaving and that was to leave her mark in the Memory Book. Truthfully, she hadn't given it much thought this year with everything else on her mind to have had anything prepared and now she was drawing a blank. Karleigh had visited the Memory Book on more than one occasion, especially when she needed a little uplifting, and read over her parents' entries, and she realistically knew she'd have to write in it herself one day... She flipped back a few pages to read Henry's entry, smiling to herself as she scanned his written thoughts. She was really proud of how he came into his own and was his unapologetic self. But she was procrastinating...

Turning to the next blank page, Karleigh picked up the quill and let it hover over the page a moment before journaling a few thoughts of her own -

Quote:
Just like all of life's great journeys, you have to take the good with the bad. Hogwarts is no different. But if you can weather the bad while reveling in the good, I believe you will come out of it a better person. I think Hogwarts made me a better person because of everything I experienced here, both good and bad. Thank you for the memories, Hogwarts. I might miss you just a little, but you'll always hold a special place in my heart.

Karleigh Creed
Gryffindor, class of 2109

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 02:27 PM   #377 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Ryder Jude Anders - Hufflepuff, Class of 2110
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

After chatting with his Housemates for a bit, Jude decided he had better get the moment of leaving his entry in the Memory Book over with. He wasn't weepy or completely heartbroken but there was a a bit of sadness there. Seven years at Hogwarts could do that to a person; after all, the Castle had basically been his home during that time. Arriving at the Book, he took a moment to flip through the pages. A lot of familiar names popped out at him but he especially got all warm and fuzzy at Karleigh's and Evan's entries. Merlin, he missed those two with all his Hufflepuff heart! There was Reagan's short but sweet entry; yes, he missed his older sister too. And WAY back, there was his older brother, Koen’s, entry, But enough time of him getting all up in his feelings. It was time to leave his own message:

SPOILER!!: Jude's Entry

Some of us may have been scarred by events that have occurred at Hogwarts. Be it from personal relationships or from crazy plants or from Dark Wizards. Take those lessons learnt from those events and build your own happy future; let those events make you stronger. Just as much as taking the bad, take the good with you. Most of all, let these events help you to be decent witches and wizards. The friendships you build throughout your years here will guide you on that path.

Hufflepuff House, Class of 2110
Future Professional Dancer/Pianist

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺

Last edited by FearlessLeader19; 04-08-2023 at 03:06 PM.
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 08:16 AM   #378 (permalink)

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default Isabella Connolly - Slytherin, Class of 2110
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Coming into the great hall Bella went straight over to the memory book to write down her entry for history. She wanted to get it done or it'd loom over her until she did it. She had spent 7 magical years here and in just a few hours she wasn't a Hogwarts student anymore. It felt weird, scary, definite, but also good and right. One chapter was over and Bella felt ready to start a new one. Lifting up the quill with slightly trembling fingers she dipped the tip into the ink bottle before she focused on the memory book page and began writing.

SPOILER!!: Bella's Entry

When I started Hogwarts I was very unsure of myself as a witch, and didn't know that many people. During my years here I've found my confidence, and strength as a young prospering witch, and have also found amazing friends that I plan to keep for as long as I shall live. I've also learned countless things that I hope will help me become a good witch in a profession I haven't yet figured out. Follow your dreams, instincts, and trust in your friends. Without my friends I would never have braved riding a broom outside flying classes or discovered that I liked gobstones.

Lastly be yourself, and don't be afraid to show or say how you feel or what you think it will help you become who you truly are.

Isabella Connolly
Slytherin, class of 2110
Future Creature Healer/Auror/Pro Gobstones player
Old 04-10-2023, 08:28 PM   #379 (permalink)

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
Default Apollo Grimm Adara-Stark, Gryffindor Class of 2110
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Final feast. Final moment to make himself known at Hogwarts. It all truly seemed surreal as the tall muscular boy man approached the memory book. He found himself flipping back to the near beginning where he found entries from his grandparents, fighting the urge to roll his eyes at how long their entries were. Typical. There were a few more pages that Apollo flipped through, seeing how the various entries and writing styles changed, as he came across some familiar writing of his older cousins, Carys and Carsyn. Perhaps lengthy entries were a Hufflepuff trait? Although just before the next blank page he saw Jude's entry which wasn't that long. But maybe it was just a Rose-Adara Hufflepuff trait then?

As he closed his eyes he tried to think of what kind of mark he wanted to leave of his final words at Hogwarts.

SPOILER!!: Apollo's Entry

Hogwarts isn't at all what you expect. Take feedback from your older friends and family, but then go on and make your own mistakes. This isn't the end or the only chance to make an impact. And hope that your head of house isn't an imposter.

And make sure you look for my name on the cover of Quidditch Weekly

Apollo Grimm Adara-Stark
Gryffindor 2103-2110
England U-17 Chaser
Future unwritten

______________So much is happening to me. So much that I can't even see.
So many words of wisdom that I am trying to be. It'll be in my own time.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 10:19 PM   #380 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
Default Freddie Mathias McLeod / Class of 2110
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

What a time to feel extra sleepy for Freddie as he wandered in with his uniform shirt untucked and tie loose. He didn't want to miss the feast let alone the train by the time he realized he was all alone in the dorm. First heading straight over to the memory book so he could leave his mark (as a certain someone did on his face, ahem). What to write.... He thought of all the good and bad times here at the school. How he shared them with his twin brother Frankie & cousin Aria, dorm besties Apollo, Aries, and.. Atlas... He smiled getting the quill to write.

SPOILER!!: Ready Freddie?

Plans are only a backup to the adventures you dream of. Don't think for long, and just go for it. I thought I had my fill at Hogwarts, but now on the last day I realise I was just getting started. Now the world better be ready for me and you next. Also, asking the Giant Squid for a launch into the Lake is the best thrill ever.

Freddrick "Freddie" Mathias Jr. McLeod
Class of 2110, Year of the Twins
Future Pro-Gobstones Player / Business Partner

Next up, meal time.

Last edited by Charely Potter; 04-10-2023 at 11:09 PM.
Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:28 AM   #381 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Chimaera

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Celeste Gert
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nadia Atreyu-Rehman
Gryffindor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Simon Spencer Bennett
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah Bennett
Minister's Office
x8 x8
Toothless - Napoleon of Crime - Gryffinclaw - Owl Emissary - Pirate Auror - DoctorDonna

Rajesh had started thinking about this particular task the moment he could think clearly again after all his exams were said and done. The memory book…the special place where 7th years wrote down their personal entries with whatever thoughts and wishes they chose to dispel onto the later students when they came after. He himself hadn’t really come up with anything really insightful, but he knew he’d regret missing the chance regardless. So when the time came and it was available, the Ravenclaw made his way over, inspecting the most recent ones and noting it seemed like he was the last or one of the last to go of the current class.

With a sigh he dug further back, searching first for his dad and papa’s entries in the book as if for some sort of inspiration. He couldn’t help but smile at the emotion they had for each other even back then. Even if it was a little awkward about the two girls mentioned. Raj then flipped a few classes ahead to find his Aunt Hads and Uncle Frankie amongst their class, the Slytherin and Gryffindor also seemingly a bunch of love bugs. Well, that was certainly a difference between him and his family. Taking a deep breath to get his mind out of that train of thought and focus on the task at hand, he picked up the quill and went to work.

SPOILER!!: Entry

Seven years might seem like a long time…but in reality it is like a blink of an eye. At least that is how it feels since I first stepped within these hallowed halls of Hogwarts. Granted that first year was far from what anyone would want as a start, but I’d like to think that who I am now and who I will be was only affected by it for the better. It did, after all, have an impact on what I feel is my potential future lying ahead.

So I guess that is my advice to you: To always take what life throws at you, both the ups and the downs, and make sure to make the most of it. Don’t let it stop you from living your best days. And always make sure to have good friends and creatures there by your side as your support, especially at times when your family can’t be there.

All the best wishes to come.

Rajesh Atreyu-Rehman
Ravenclaw Class of 2110
Future Healer

There…he had said his peace, the seventh year returning the quill to it’s place and heading back to enjoy the rest of the night.
Old 04-11-2023, 02:21 AM   #382 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Deciding he should get this tradition over with (that very thought alone eliciting a very petty reluctance from the Gryffindor), Atlas slipped away from the Gryffindor table and shuffled his feet towards the infamous Memory Book. Dad and mum had both spoken to it, and dad had an archaic entry in here somewhere that he had absolutely no intention of reading but might take a small peek. Frankly, he had little intention of flipping through and reading any of the entries. He didn't need advice, he didn't need to read how so-and-so was so torn up about leaving Hogwarts, he didn't need to relive anyone else's memories by proxy. Likewise, no one needed to be privy of his memories as those were his to keep and carry with him. Same went for what he had learned over his seven years here. Those were intimate and uniquely his own, anything else was generic and surely had already been repeated numerous time by others. Thanks but...no thanks.

So, Atlas had approached things another way. The whole point of this book was to leave your legacy, right? Well...a very specific memory from his time here manifested involving an invisibility cloak and one of his inventions. It felt like a fitting way to end depart Hogwarts with and he had prepared a special phial for the occasion.

Stepping up to the book proper, he was surprised by the sense of hesitation he felt. Was he actually reluctant about leaving? He paused to consider this but it was only a couple of seconds before he rejected the thought.

Before picking up the quill, however, Atlas had some legacy to sprinkle. Upon uncorking the phial, the blonde turned to a couple of random pages towards the beginning of the book and tapped the top oh-so-gingerly. He then flipped haphazardly to another page and gave a couple more taps. And some more flipping followed by more tapping and certainly no pausing to read his dad's short entry in length nor did he roll his eyes and groan at that weird Star Wars (yes, he knew but it was more fun this way) saying about living long and whatever. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat...and eventually familiar names began to appear on the pages. He did not cease his endevour, however, and continued to methodically flip and tap until he had tapped on the pages of his fellow seventh years and only then did he pause to read a LITTLE. A glaze really, but he noted an amendment he would need to make to his entry once he got to writing it. And then, finally, he tapped and spread more legacy on the blank page meant for himself. Switching the phial to his other hand, Atlas grabbed the quill and made quick work of his formal entry.

SPOILER!!: Atlas' Entry

Text Cut: text only version

[insert glitter here]

I gliterally can't wait to be out of here.

Atlas L Flamsteed
Class of 2110, Gryffindor

Inventor, entrepreneur, & business partner
...when in doubt, Bombarda or Incendio it
...and certainly did not pee in the Charms tank circa 2103

There. Those that knew, knew and that was all that mattered to Atlas. You are welcome, future Memory Book readers and writers for the little bits of legacy you got to take with you.

Stepping back from the display, carefully, Atlas pulled out a piece of parchment from his pocket and used the same pen to cross one last item off the list he and Aries had written pre-Hogwarts. Smiling, he returned the quill to its position beside the Memory Book and folded the piece of withered parchment up again.

Satisfied with that done, Atlas pivoted and headed right back to the Gryffindor table.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes

Last edited by sweetpinkpixie; 04-11-2023 at 02:28 AM.
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 11:49 PM   #383 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default Charlie Bergstrand - Hufflepuff, Class of 2111
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

Charlie may have transferred to Hogwarts from Durmstrang for his sixth and seventh year education but he could not deny the fact that he was rather attached to the British wizarding school. The place would be missed immensely. That wasn’t to say that he wasn’t looking forward to his new chapter. Not before he left some encouraging words for the current and future students. Despite the Memory Book being obviously well taken care of, Char couldn’t help but to take his time as he flipped through the pages for a moment {who wanted to damage the older pages?}. He came across familiar names, read their messages but all too soon it was his turn to write:

SPOILER!!: Charlie’s entry
It has certainly been two of the best years of my life so far. As long as you’re surrounded by the right persons, you can make it through anything. A huge amount of gratitude goes:

To the professors for broadening my magical knowledge;

To Dennis and William for being the greatest best friends in the world;

To Mouse, Matilda, Fynley, Vera, Archie and my other friends: I love you people;

To Jasper, Alfie, Daniel and the other seventh year guys for being welcoming and being the best dormmies;

To Keighley just for being herself and keeping my days coloured in sunshine.

Shoulders back, chin up, Hogwartians! Don’t let those exams keep you down!

Hufflepuff House, Class of 2111
Former Beater for the Scottish U17 Team
Future Professional Beater

Having concluded his entry, the new graduand made his way back to the Hufflepuff table.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2023, 06:38 PM   #384 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DERP
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Caiden Denholm
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year
Gryffindor
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Minjae Yoon
Ecological Protection
x1 x2
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

He had been debating whether or not to include a few words in the memory book. To him, it sounded silly, but leaving this place without leaving a mark seemed like a wasted opportunity.

But what exactly should he write? He didn't care about motivational messages. And his few friends were aware that he cared about them. He didn't need a stupid memory book for proving this.

He opened the memory book, turned to the last page, and took up the pen. 'What should I write? What should I write?' Perhaps his brother's entry would inspire him. He flipped through the pages, trying to find his brother's handwriting or name when a bunch of red and gold glitter stuck to his hand. Daniel grumbled and wiped the glitter from his hand to his black pants.

He kept looking for his brother's entry. Minjae had surely written a few heartfelt words to everyone at Hogwarts? He appeared to be the type to do such a sentimental thing. But, to his surprise, he found nothing.

Daniel frowned, wondering why his brother hadn't written something. Had he been so enthralled that he had forgotten? But then he suddenly remembered what had happened during his brother's final year at Hogwarts

A war. His brother had clearly not been in the mood to write in the memory book after going through a war. Daniel flipped to the back again and this time he placed the tip of his pen on the blank page and began to write.

Quote:

Goodbye, Hogwarts.

Minjae Yoon
Hufflepuff
Class of 2104

Daniel Yoon
Hufflepuff
Class of 2111
There. His brother was now in the memory book AND he had written something. He put the pen down and returned to the Hufflepuff table. Ugh! Now he had to try to get rid of this STUPID glitter!
Old 08-06-2023, 02:16 PM   #385 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

Her final few days at Hogwarts felt very bittersweet. This place was very much her home, where she absolutely loved to learn, loved to explore. That being said, Remy was so excited to continue working just as hard after graduation to reach her goals. The walk up to the memory book, she could feel her eyes welling up like they had when she first entered the hall this evening.

A few entries up from the fresh space she was about to write in, she stumbled across familiar handwriting, although the words he had written left her feeling a bit sad. Sad because she didn’t like the thought of her friend feeling such a way about Hogwarts. Remy rested her hand over his writing lovingly, sighed without noticing the small trace of glitter that was now on her fingers, then had a little flick through older pages, smiling at the students who had decided to write big essays. She hoped that they knew that future generations like herself were taking the time to read them, just as she hoped that people who graduated in years to come took the time to glance at hers.

Pen in hand, it was time to think of something memorable to write.

SPOILER!!: “Remy’s entry”
I can’t believe my time is up at this beautiful school. I take away some incredible experiences, friendships, and I have learnt the most amazing life and magical skills from a group of professors that I truly would like to thank. To my friends, you all know who you are, I love you all and I can’t wait to see what you all achieve in the future.

Hogwarts, I sincerely hope we meet again one day.

To everyone reading this, all I can say is: Follow your dreams, you are capable of anything you put your mind to.

Remy Ilizith Gaeltheos
Gryffindor
Class of 2111

It wasn’t as long as she would’ve liked it to have been, or quite as inspiring, but she didn’t feel it necessary to list everyone who mattered, mostly because some who had already left wouldn’t see it anyway. Noticing the glitter on her finger tips from Atlas’ entry, Remy allowed the ink to dry before smearing the dots of glitter onto her own entry. It made it perfect. She grinned, placed down the quill and headed back to her table.

This was the beginning of the end!

_______throwing a line out to sea
to see if I can catch a dream
Emzily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 06:22 PM   #386 (permalink)

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
Second Year
x8
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

It wasn't quite done until this thing was written on. Serena tucked a red curl behind her ear as she rolled her eyes. Honestly, she would have forgotten about the Memory Book had it not been for Arthur mentioning it. At first Serena was going to take a pass, but the more she thought about it, the more her legs brought her here.

Flipping through the pages, she read the memories of her uncles, aunts, her parents. It was crazy to think they were once students here and stood exactly where she stood, and were preparing to write on this dumb book. Fine. She'd write something down and leave her mark. Maybe one day in the far future...

Picking up the quill, she wrote in her elegant cursive....

SPOILER!!: Serena Baltazar-Dos Santos

I have been waiting for this day since my first year.

Goodbye, Hogwarts.

Serena Baltazar-Dos Santos Aguirre
Unapologetically Myself
Slytherin Class of 2111
England U17 Quidditch Beater
Future Holyhead Harpy

And that was that.
Old 08-08-2023, 05:09 AM   #387 (permalink)
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
Default Jasper Amir Botros, Class of 2111
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Unlike some of his peers, Jasper wasn't feeling particularly sad or sentimental today. He just indulged in dope meal. He had plans to spend the rest of night with some of his best friends, including his girl. Tomorrow would mark the official first day of the summer holiday, which he would spend tanning, playing quidditch, and spending time with his loved ones. Life couldn't get any better. Unless, of course, he heard back about Quidditch placements. Until then, however, he was chilling.

So when he walked up to the memory book, he did so with ~ swagger. And though he wasn't ever much of a reader, he took his time, flipping through entries of the past and pausing to read those written by people important to him (of those, there were many). Only then did he lazily grip the quill and write his own words for the generations to come, a task which he carried out effortlessly.

SPOILER!!: here lies J. Botros' Hogwarts Mems
To anyone reading this, I need no introduction. Either you know me by extension of my family name - a Botros and Emerson, always - or you know me from my quidditch fame. I come from legacies. I am making my own legacy. These two things can coexist.

I'm leaving Hogwarts knowing I made the best of my time here: I made great friends, ate good food, and I'm never looking back with regret.

Never take the kitchens for granted. Thank the House Elves. Occasionally do your homework. And look out for me in the Pro League, yeah? Quidditch for Life!!!

Stay cool Hogwarts,

Jasper Botros
Class of 2111

And Princess Mags, hang in there. I'll make sure maman and baba send frequent gifts. We'll be reunited real soon. Love, Jas.

Before he set the quill down, he jotted down one last note for his sister, who he knew would benefit from the encouragement, and left a cheeky final addition to the bottom of Serena's entry to read "Jasper Botros' biggest fan."

And with that, he went back to the Hufflepuff table for seconds.

You are Lemon!
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 08:38 PM   #388 (permalink)

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Astrid Grimaldi
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Default Yukie Selina Rasting, Class of 2113 (including Mozart Knox Bronwyn, with permission)
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

Truth be told, it wasn't the first time Yukie saw the memory book up close. There were days, in the past seven terms, when she'd find herself flipping through its delicate pages in search for the familiarity of a family member's handwriting and the comfort of their words in written form. She'd read their entries a few times already, too, certain passages she'd committed to her mind and heart to get her through particularly difficult days. In spite of all those prior encounters, the Babiest Rasting still could not consider herself prepared for her moment to fill her own page.

Stalling a little, Yukie reread old entries. The exact same ones she'd ran her fingers through each line. Her parents. Her siblings. Her extended family. Older students she'd met during her own time here. Each entry she reread added new thoughts and questions in her head. Why did Mum and Aunt Selina hate chocolate frogs so much? What did the sweets ever do to them? Why was there a rumour a decade ago that Eiji had a flobberworm tattoo on his bum? If Yukie asked her older brother when she got home tomorrow, would he tell her of the story? Suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. Maybe Eiji's saltiness had dampen through the years. Maybe. We could hope.

Mum writing about grandma, Yukie's namesake, gave the Hufflepuff some kind of strange longing, nostalgic feeling. The Babiest Rasting wondered if maybe she and grandma were alike in some ways, which would explain why she was named after her. Also, that "Future Mrs. Rasting" as a sign-off when she and Dad were only, like eighteen years old? Mum, please! Sappiness ran in the family, or at least, to certain branches. But hey, Mum predicted right. Yukie couldn't help but feel so amused.

Uncle Rooney's entry only further amused her. A signed photo of himself as well? That was such a Bronwyn thing to do. Yukie felt the urge to yell for Moz, so as to convince him to write an entry for himself, but it would be weird and also she didn't want to force him. She'd tried to encourage, but alas. It was luck that Yukie had a copy of one of Moz's that he'd basically given out to everyone in the Hall. The Hufflepuff quickly cast a nonverbal sticking charm and pasted Moz's signed headshot on a fresh page, and then wrote down beside it: 'Mozart Knox Bronwyn. WADA Raised and WADA Bound. Gryffindor Class of 2113.' Yukie wouldn't allow it that her beastie didn't leave something behind, so she had to take these matters into her own hands.

But now, she had nothing else to stall with. She had to get a move on with it. Almost irrationally nervous, Yukie Rasting took possession of the quill to being. She hesitated for a moment there, but managed to gather herself again and proceeded to...just write whatever – the sentiments from her heart bleeding into the page through ink.
Text Cut: Yukie's Monster of An Entry
As I read through the entries of those important people in my life who attended Hogwarts in the past, I also tried to think of something unique to write for my own entry because everyone before me has managed to offer their insights. I tried and it turns out I don’t really have much to contribute – and I don’t feel pressured to produce ‘original’ advice either, because these important people have already imparted their words that are forever etched within the margins of this memory book. So, to save you guys from going through pages and pages of entries, I decided to pick a few lines from some of theirs and reference them in my entry. Because I am many people, and these people make all of me. I am Yukie Rasting because of my family, my friends, and my peers.

Hogwarts is huge. Though there are routines, continuously followed for those seven years spent within its wards, nobody can ever be too certain. Magic kind of just does that. But it’s in the uncertainty that there can possibly be fun and growth. Like what my Uncle Max said, “Don't be afraid to try new things and step out of your comfort zone.

Of course, it may seem intimidating. It’s a comfort zone for a reason. But outside of it, you get to learn and you get to meet new people too. As an extrovert, this wasn’t a big problem for me. I always want to be around people. But I’ve seen even the most introverted of beings smile their brightest and dance their goofiest in good company, so maybe the trade-off was worth it. My mum wrote, “Let as many people touch your life as possible.” Comfort zones can expand to include the right people. You might cross paths with the person who would one day give you free VIP tickets to their summer theatre shows, or who would get into comfy pyjamas with you and you would read stories to until you both fall asleep, or who would arrange an entire football match with another friend in hopes of distracting you when you were at your lowest. Living is best spent with loved ones. Living doesn’t have to, and shouldn’t, be lonely. The friendships made along the way are the most precious, too. Keep them close. In the words of my godmother, Aunt Selina, from whom I got my middle name, “If you care about something... fight for it.

You might find yourself naturally gravitating towards one person because they’ve either been in your life since you were both in nappies or they just know you like they know the back of their hand. They are your be(a)stie. I resonated with my Aunt Elodie when she said that “There's nothing like a best friend.” You will fight, and maybe not talk to each other for a few months. That’s what best friends do, I suppose. It may take time to patch things up between the both of you, but it shouldn’t matter because they’re your best friend – there is no other person in the world who could fill those shoes. I can’t imagine life without mine.

You might also witness, from spending more time with a certain someone, that no time with them is ever enough. You could be literally in the same room as them, yet they might still be the only thing in your head. A constant thought. A warm fuzzy feeling in your chest. Some people will think it’s wild that my eldest brother, Eiji, wrote that “You discover love with people and then you build and nurture love. And it’s worth it.” I know my brother comes off as unapproachable, and judgey, and whatever, but even the people, who you don’t necessarily expect such sentiments from, understand just how powerful it is to love beyond one’s self. It changes you. Living means loving. The walls of this castle have seen it – I loved here. How lucky am I to be loved back, too, by that same person.

But it’s also not always smooth sailing. Just like magic, it is unpredictable. There will be days when no matter how hard you try to do good, fixing things feels impossible. It only feels that way, but it isn’t. “Your heart will break. It won't kill you.” Words from my Aunt Vivi. Hearts are strong. Trust yours, it often won’t steer you wrong.

And if, inevitably, a wrong decision or two were made along the way, concerning matters of the heart and mind? It sucks, but that is also a huge chunk of what it means to live. It’s embarrassing, it’s isolating, it’s worrying. Worrying not just for yourself, but for those who get too close. Though my Uncle Mo wrote this decades ago, I find it so applicable to myself now. He said, “Maybe I still care a little too much about what people think of me, but I'm ever a work in progress.” Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.

I’ve written a lot already, but as general advice for whoever has read this far into my entry, I borrow the wise words of my Aunt Cat: “Be kind, be happy, eat well (and often) and love with all your heart.

Thank you, Hogwarts. What a ride, you were. To quote my brother Eiji’s partner, Missa, who is basically part of the family at this point, “I am really glad I got to be here.” But the world is wide. I want to travel around it. I want to embrace what else it has to offer. I want to live. Getting out of here is the next step, so I am taking it – and along with me, I take every single person who made all of me.

Hufflepuff Cookie Girl 2106-2113
*Note: trained by the original Cookie Girl herself, my mum, Kurumi Rasting née Hollingberry
Babiest Rasting
Class of 2113

After she signed her entry, Yukie twirled the quill between her fingers a little before nodding and smiling to herself, while also biting her lower lip. She'd already spent too much time here, she should head back to her table. She replaced the quill on the pedestal, and walked away to join her fellow Hufflepuffs a last time.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...
Kimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 08:43 AM   #389 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Sentimental longing severely lacking, Mitsuki approached the podium upon which the infamous Memory Book rested. The Ravenclaw had rarely considered it prior to this moment and even then she had almost exclusively been admiring the binding and gold leaf detailing with the contents itself never quite tickling her interest. A pensieve put to paper, a pensieve rich with sentimental reflections and skewed teenage perceptions. One may argue that its contents carried historical significance, though considering her selective enthusiasm regarding history and the Troll she had earned on her fifth year OWL with the subject...it was not an argument that shifter her perception of the book nor the tradition of graduates writing in it.

In fact, had her sister's entry not been the last one before her own approach and just to happened to be adjacent to the page destined for her own hand, Mitsuki would not have even considered flipping back to examine her own parents' entries. Frustratingly, she now felt compelled to do so and nearly groaned aloud upon seeing the sheer length of her mother's. It was excessing, embarrassing, and eerily some portions resonated - ironically being the same bits her sister chose to highlight in her own excessive entry. Reading her brother's, the person she self identified with the most, left her feeling...envy. It was an emotional response she had not anticipated and it left her feeling almost hollow. He had proclaimed he entered and left Hogwarts knowing and being unapologetically himself. She had entered under the same postulation as a first year, only to be departing the castle feeling the complete opposite. She had Macarius Burke and his lost shade's enchantments to thank for the identity crisis. Thus she read over Eiji's entry again, the bitterness in her mouth tickling her throat and eliciting a tight cough, and found her eyes stumbling over another of his passages while her heart irrationally began racing: true essence of magic is not about gaining power over others but rather it is about gaining power over yourself.

Oh. An 'oh' in respect to achieving some introspective she had not anticipated and not the 'oh' as in she had not needed to know why flobberworm was such an inside joke with her brother.

Rebecca's entry was about what she expected it to be (excessive, emotional, and sappy like her mother's and Yukie's has been) and reading it to its completion now meant that it was her turn to pick up the quill and leave her own ink trail...if she felt the urge to. Mitsuki was not sure that she felt such a pull to do so nor did she feel any inclination to share private memories with others. Imparting advice onto the future was an expectation she felt inclined to fight and any wisdom she had imparted had been mostly achieved during her tutoring sessions with Brandon Fox. Turning to leave the Memory Book unchanged and in anticipation for the next seventh year to pick up the quill, Mitsuki was suddenly inspired by the manner in which the quill had accidentally tickled her nose while attempting to return it to the stand. The quill switched to her other hand for a moment while she reached into her pocket for her fude and tipped the calligraphy brush. Bristles soak in exquisite black in, and quill back in the stand now for safe keeping until she had completed her initial performance, Mitsuki began her ink trail legacy.

Quote:
the above character, read 'kizuna'
it refers to a tie, a bond, or the sentiment of connection
this japanese character is written with the combination of two characters
it contains 糸 (thread) and 半 (half)
half of the thread belongs to you
the other half belongs to the universe
it represents connection with all essences by an invisible thread
i entered this place believing i saw and understood this thread
i leave humbled that i know little of it

The ink ran dry in the quill just as she was dotting the final 'i' to her name, just as it should. There was no more ink required to write her Hogwarts journey. With a sprinkle of salt for good measure, and a small hiss that somehow her hands had acquired traces of gold glitter, Dawn Mitsuki Rasting departed from this corner of the Great Hall to resume her evening at the Ravenclaw Table.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 01:28 AM   #390 (permalink)

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default Mercer Doyle Branxton, Ravenclaw, class of 2113
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Merlin, the memory book was salty. No more proof required that Mitsuki had just been here and had left a bit of her essence behind. The entire world was seasoned by this strange creature who was Mercer's person, somehow, in spite of himself. Mercer grabbed the quill and used it to dust some of the salt out of the crease so he could smooth his page flat. Not like he had any idea what he wanted to say. He'd never been longwinded, preferring to take things in rather than put things out into the world. Words unspoken, unwritten, could live full lives inside a person. Maybe fuller lives, or at least more mysterious ones.

But his parents and his siblings and his cousins and his aunts and uncles and friends and grandparents and everyone had written in this dumb book, which meant that if he left it undone, unwritten, then it was breaking a chain. And maybe leaving a big silent hole for whoever was next in the chain. Mercer hated to let anyone down, even more than he hated to put words to a space that didn't need them. Anyway.

SPOILER!!: Mercer's entry
I think you can learn more by staring at the way light reflects off water than you can reading what a bunch of stuffy seventh years think about a life they've barely started living. I think you can learn more studying the veins of a leaf or a really cool rock than you can reading a required text (but don't tell the professors I said it until after I'm gone. And really don't tell my grandmother). School was fine, but mostly because of the stuff that happened in between all the stuff that I was supposed to be doing here.

I'm sorry but I don't plan on missing this place. The world is really big and I'm done being small. I'm going to take my people with me, and my memories, and my thoughts, and my plans. Not much to leave behind, really.

But it was fun, Hogwarts.
Mercer Doyle Branxton
Class of 2113
fin

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest
Cassirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 10:33 PM   #391 (permalink)
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Desiree Marchand, class of 2113
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

So this was it… Desiree took a deep breath. Ever since she set foot in Hogwarts, she knew she’d one day write something in the Memory Book. Now that the time had come, she didn’t feel ready. She wished she could make time stop or borrow a time-turner to make it go backwards. It was too soon to say goodbye!

As she waited in line, she glanced at the staff dais, imagining her dad, mum, and great-uncle Art in the respective seats they would’ve held when they taught here. She had a better understanding of them now. She only had to say goodbye once; the professors had to say goodbye to people every year. It must be hard! She nodded appreciatively to the professors. Thank you all!

Stepping up to the podium, Desiree flipped through the book. She smiled as she found her mother’s entry and several others from that side of the family, and she positively beamed at the entries from 20+ years ago that mentioned her mum and dad as professors. As she skimmed, she found Miss Tina’s entry and those of several friends who graduated before her. Now it was her turn. Flipping to a blank page, she picked up the quill and wrote:

SPOILER!!: Desiree’s entry
Once upon a time, a wayward knight journeyed to a castle in a faraway land. There he met a beautiful princess, and together they shared their knowledge with all who lived in the castle. The knight and princess fell in love, married, and brought a child into the world. When that child came of age, she too journeyed to the castle to gain the knowledge she would need to succeed in the world.

That probably sounds like the beginning of a Disney fairytale, but it's all real. It’s my story. My parents met as professors here, so if it weren’t for Hogwarts, I probably wouldn’t exist. All my life I heard stories about how wonderful Hogwarts is. I grew up imagining what my time here would be like, but my Hogwarts experience didn’t go the way I dreamed. It turned out even better!

It seems like I just got here, and now my time at Hogwarts is ending. All that remains are my parting words:

Headmaster Winterbottom and all professors past and present, thank you for everything! I hope I put the knowledge you shared with me to good use.

Peeves, I doubt you'll read this, but here goes. I’m still not okay with being turned into a wombat, but I forgive you because something good came of it. If you hadn't done that, I wouldn't have decided to become a healer. So in a way, you helped me. Don't turn people into animals again, though! It's not nice!

My fellow Hufflepuffs, don’t listen to anyone who says we’re the worst house! All of the Hogwarts houses have something important to offer. Hard work and kindness will take you far. Get out there and show the world what Hufflepuffs can do!

All my friends, thank you for being part of my life! You made my Hogwarts journey what it was, and I love you all for it. This won’t be goodbye forever, I promise!

Dad, now I finally understand how hard it was for you to leave this place. I still believe you'll make it back here someday, and when you do, your students will have the kindest professor Hogwarts has ever seen!

Anyone who may read these words in the future, it’s a tradition to leave words of wisdom here. While I’m not as smart as the rest of my family, I can sum up all I’ve learned here with a quote from one of my favorite Disney movies. I hope these words serve you well!

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness, there is goodness, and where there is goodness, there is magic.”

Au revoir et bonne chance, Hogwarts!

Desiree Yvette Marchand
Hufflepuff, class of 2113
Future Healer
Daughter of former professors Rosalyn (nee Newton) and Gaston Marchand

Halfway through writing, tears began to fall. Desiree had to turn her head to one side, periodically wiping her eyes with a pink handkerchief so as not to spoil the page, but she never stopped writing. When the job was done, she replaced the quill and quietly stepped out of the Great Hall. She didn’t want her emotions to upset anyone, and she’d need to reapply her makeup anyway!

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...
MadMadamMalfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 07:55 AM   #392 (permalink)
Formerly: Harry174

Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daisy Webster
Gryffindor
First Year
Hufflepuff
x8
Default Summer Valentine, class of 2113
The Idea Man Kori-Kins

Summer couldn't believe it, she was leaving Hogwarts, her mother had told her it would be a hard time when it came to it, but she didn't believe it until now, she felt the tears starting to come and she struggled to hold them back. She looked through a few other pages, to see what they had wrote and she saw the last one was her friend Desiree, now though she would have to write something but it was hard, Seven years had flown by, why did it have to fly so fast, she wished she was coming back next term, but she knew it wouldn't be.

SPOILER!!: Summer entry

Well the time has come for me to move on from this wonderful place, where one chapter of my life ends another begins and I can't wait to see what the future will hold, I know in my heart that Hogwarts will always be a part of me, after all my Mother and her sisters came here all those years ago, she gave me one piece of advice and I'm sharing it.

Hogwarts is the best place to meet and make new friends, it's a perfect place to be yourself and to have fun. It's also a place where you will learn loads and you'll grown as a person.

To all future Gryffindors, remember to be brave and to have fun, and to do your best.

Summer Valentine
Gryffindor
Class of 2113

Summer finished up writing and then she wiped her eyes on her sleeves, she wasn't going to cry today, well not in front of everyone, she'd wait until she got home and then she'd do the crying.