FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 437 users online including...
Methrenhow , Robinlop , DanaEdulp

5 members
432 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry > Grounds > Flying

Flying Watch Quidditch matches and learn how to fly at the pitch! Just beware of rogue bludgers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2022, 11:27 PM

Default Quidditch Pitch

If you follow a winding path from the Training Grounds, eventually you will arrive at the Quidditch pitch. The oval structure itself is a rather remarkable sight to see as it stands at five hundred feet long and a hundred and eighty feed wide. Because of the popularity of the sport, the pitch is used quite regularly. Here tryouts are held, in addition to scheduled team practices and a number of inter-House matches throughout the term. When the pitch isn't booked, it is available for general use from anyone who wants to casually fly around or play various broom games.

The maintenance on the pitch is of utmost importance. The three silver goalposts at each end of the pitch are regularly polished so they shine brightly in the sunlight, and the white markings outlining the exterior of the pitch as well as the middle are regularly painted. During the fall, spring, and summer months, a lawn mower has been charmed to cut the grass of the pitch mid-morning every three days just after the dew has dried. When it is winter, the mower is set aside and a magical snow blower is used to clear up as much of the pitch as possible. To keep the pitch in prime condition, all are asked to do their part as well by not littering or vandalizing it in any way; otherwise there will be consequences to face.

Anyone who wishes to use the Quidditch pitch is allowed do so, but it is excepted that all rules regarding it are adhered to at all times and the curfew listed is followed. These rules can be found posted on the noticeboard at the entrance of the pitch.

ooc: please do not play for the flying professor: PhoenixRising
Old 05-22-2024, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Third Year

x12 x8
Default open post <3
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Some might say it was crazy that Professor Adara was teaching Flying again. While she'd instructed the subject once before, that was around 15 years ago. Fortunately for the students, athleticism and exercise has always been important and even though she was now in her mid-sixties, she could still hold her own on a broomstick.

As such was the case on this Fall Friday evening, when the potions mistress slash flying instructor decided to take fly laps on the quidditch pitch just after dinner. Would anyone join her for maybe some light broom races? That was the question, but if not she was more than happy to just do some laps.

___________________You should take your little finger and just point it in the mirror.
________________________________________Baby, maybe you're the problem
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 06:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
Third Year
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Some might say it was crazy that Professor Adara was teaching Flying again. While she'd instructed the subject once before, that was around 15 years ago. Fortunately for the students, athleticism and exercise has always been important and even though she was now in her mid-sixties, she could still hold her own on a broomstick.

As such was the case on this Fall Friday evening, when the potions mistress slash flying instructor decided to take fly laps on the quidditch pitch just after dinner. Would anyone join her for maybe some light broom races? That was the question, but if not she was more than happy to just do some laps.
Some might think so but not this woman. Professor Paton thought it was marvelous that Amelia was not only teaching potions but also flying once again. Age is only but a number, yes? Surely she wouldn't have accepted the added position had she not felt capable.

It had been a little bit since Hady had done any flying of her own. On a broom that is. The winged horses, hippogriffs and thestrals under her care did all need to spread their wings and enjoy the sky as much as they could. This evening however she really felt in the mood to take a few laps around the Quidditch pitch. Consider her surprise when she realized she wasn't the only one there. "Good evening, Amelia. It seems great minds think alike." Hady called out in greeting, a warm smile on face.

You are Bread!
Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Third Year

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Some might think so but not this woman. Professor Paton thought it was marvelous that Amelia was not only teaching potions but also flying once again. Age is only but a number, yes? Surely she wouldn't have accepted the added position had she not felt capable.

It had been a little bit since Hady had done any flying of her own. On a broom that is. The winged horses, hippogriffs and thestrals under her care did all need to spread their wings and enjoy the sky as much as they could. This evening however she really felt in the mood to take a few laps around the Quidditch pitch. Consider her surprise when she realized she wasn't the only one there. "Good evening, Amelia. It seems great minds think alike." Hady called out in greeting, a warm smile on face.
Age was but a number and once a flyer, always a flyer.... The saying it was just like riding a bike, certainly ran true in the Rose bloodline seeing as three of the four siblings had even played professionally. Or rather broom in this case. When she made the decision to fly tonight, she'd expected students to join her but was of course open to professors as well. She knew Professor Gert to have done some flying in her day, but some of the others she wasn't sure about unless she really thought about it.

"Good evening, Hadleigh. A pity to waste nights such as these." Amelia returned the greeting. "Your kids fly or just you?" It was so intriguing to see how genetics seem to impact subject strengths. While both she and her husband had played on the house team, their kids didn't seem keen on quidditch or flying.

___________________You should take your little finger and just point it in the mirror.
Old 05-29-2024, 02:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Third Year
x12

Most of her siblings enjoyed flying but none were professionals at it. The many siblings were scattered about in their professions from a candy shop sales man, one that worked with creatures, one that was touring with his band and several others. Family was wonderful.

"I must agree. Such a shame we're the only ones taking advantage of the evening." Where were the all the students on such a lovely night as this? They all couldn't be inside, could they? "My oldest daughter Nova learned to fly for her Auror training as she's following in her father's footsteps." And making both of her parents so very proud while doing so. "My second born daughter Melody can fly but it's not really her thing she prefers music, nor is it my son Logan's either though he can fly as well." Which was perfectly okay. As long as they were all happy. "Bryony our youngest flies as also and well.. she's the one that makes me nervous with adventurous ways at times." That girl was certainly her parents daughter and her big brothers baby sister.

You are Bread!
Old 06-02-2024, 01:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hufflepuff
Third Year

x12 x8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Most of her siblings enjoyed flying but none were professionals at it. The many siblings were scattered about in their professions from a candy shop sales man, one that worked with creatures, one that was touring with his band and several others. Family was wonderful.

"I must agree. Such a shame we're the only ones taking advantage of the evening." Where were the all the students on such a lovely night as this? They all couldn't be inside, could they? "My oldest daughter Nova learned to fly for her Auror training as she's following in her father's footsteps." And making both of her parents so very proud while doing so. "My second born daughter Melody can fly but it's not really her thing she prefers music, nor is it my son Logan's either though he can fly as well." Which was perfectly okay. As long as they were all happy. "Bryony our youngest flies as also and well.. she's the one that makes me nervous with adventurous ways at times." That girl was certainly her parents daughter and her big brothers baby sister.
"A shame for them, although makes it somewhat more pleasant for us," Amelia grinned. She may have been mostly an extroverted Hufflepuff, but that didn't mean she didn't enjoy the peace of solitude from time-to-time. She listened Hadleigh spoke of her children, the youngest two she was more familiar with, although she did recall Nova from her first year back in potions but one year was hardly enough time to really become familiar with someone. Nova though did have a greater aptitude for potions, so was a shame she only got to spend a year with her.

"Adventure isn't a bad thing, but I trust working with magical creatures you're well aware of that. I suppose flying though is like swimming. While they might not be everyone's forte, they're definitely both useful skills to know how to do." She nodded. "Same for my three. They do know how to fly, of course, but none of them really picked it up to be super competitive about it. Although I suppose maybe it skips a generation, since Chloe's son is chaser for the Tornadoes." Yes the same Tornadoes that did mighty well this past quidditch season. Proud Grandma moment.

Old 06-06-2024, 03:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Slytherin
Third Year
x12

"Mm', once again I must agree on both accounts." While it would have been quite nice to have some of the students out here tonight flying on the pitch with them, the silence of it being only the two Professors was very nice indeed. Each time she spoke of her children she was reminded how this was her son's final year and how Bryony was already a third year. The years sure did fly by the older the children got.

Hadleigh smiled. "Not at all. She's an adventurer by nature, always getting into something. Much like the creatures if I'm not watching them properly." Here she laughed lightly. "It certainly can't hurt any to at least learn even if you don't enjoy it. You never know when you might need to fly or even swim." Hopefully never if it wasn't something that they wanted to do but one could never be too sure. "Yeah? That's quite the accomplishment. I heard the team did rather well?" She didn't follow Quidditch all of the time but she did keep up on some things when she had the chance.

You are Bread!