sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1979 users online including...
PhoenixRising , Natashalqc , Chelliephone , Emzily , Curtisepite

11 members
1968 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 47: September - December 2017


Term 47: September - December 2017 Term Forty-Seven: Drama on the Rise (Sept 2093 - June 2094)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2017, 11:39 AM
Stefan Stefan is offline
 
staffed shop Office of Healer River Reed


Beyond the smaller antechamber is Healer Reed’s office. If you were lucky enough to tour all the parts of the Hospital Wing, you would notice that his office is perhaps the cosiest. All of his furniture is in deep brown including his floor, which is adorned with a huge Brazilian Aztec rug he got as a parting gift from Castelobruxo. As you open the door to his office, you will be welcomed by the scent of peppermint, and beyond is his handsome desk filled with medical records, and other paper work. You would notice that this time, he has provided his visitors comfortable chairs to sit on. Immediate matters pertaining to Potions, or health concerns that need immediate attention will be done here.

Just a few steps away from his table is a medium sized work station filled with glass beakers, cylinders, volumetric flasks suspended in stands, flexible tubes, a muggle microscope, Petri dishes, and perhaps plant samples in between glass slides. Underneath are huge amber bottles where a good amount of healing potions are stored. This area has a protective barrier as well so no one can contaminate his experiments.

On your right is a cosy fireplace, matched with two overstuffed armchairs. In between is a modest coffee table where a tea tray is placed, and a complete tea set for tea time. Most likely, this is where Healer Reed will invite you to sit down to have a chat, or to have a chat with the medieval Healers. Be warned, however, that those gentlemen are easily excited when the subject of conversation has anything to do with Healing. Just beside the fireplace is another door that will lead to Healer Reed’s dormitory. This room is kept locked, and protective charms are placed on the door.

If you are looking for Roscoe and Bumi, his Newfoundland rescue dogs are most likely on the left side of his office where Healer Reed has set up a cosy place for them to relax, sleep, or interact with their visitors. The area is stuffed with cushions big enough for them to lay on, and a few more thrown in for their visitors. The two are drool offenders, so be prepared for a messy greeting. On this side, you will also see another door. This access is directly linked to the main hospital ward so that Healer Reed has quick access to his patients. Beside this door is a full wall of tea canisters, this is where Healer Reed keeps his precious tea collection.



OOC: Please do not post your characters in here, unless Healer Reed instructed you to do so. He may entertain ill patients here, if he deems it necessary. Otherwise, all injured/ill patients should utilise the Patient’s Check-In Area.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:01 PM   #2 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE

Grindylow
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 14,479

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
Default continued! <3
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
"Ah," River held his gaze and his grin broke into a boyish smile as he stepped aside and opened the door wider for Junia. "Of course, Ms Botros. Come in," the Healer continued, gesturing his other hand towards the inner sanctum of his private office.


OOC: Post away in his office! ^^
Junia stepped inside, thankful that Healer Reed seemed happy to speak to her. Any nervousness she'd been feeling before was slowly slipping away, particularly with the distractions that the man's office offered. She'd noticed the work station first, her eyes drawn to the assortment of items displayed there. She bit her lip and took a step towards it, curious, before realizing it might be impolite to explore without asking. Glancing over her shoulder, the fifth year smiled a bit sheepishly.

"Have you always wanted to be a healer?" Best to start there, she thought.
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 09-06-2017, 06:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Under Blueprints
Posts: 25,495

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post
Junia stepped inside, thankful that Healer Reed seemed happy to speak to her. Any nervousness she'd been feeling before was slowly slipping away, particularly with the distractions that the man's office offered. She'd noticed the work station first, her eyes drawn to the assortment of items displayed there. She bit her lip and took a step towards it, curious, before realizing it might be impolite to explore without asking. Glancing over her shoulder, the fifth year smiled a bit sheepishly.

"Have you always wanted to be a healer?" Best to start there, she thought.
River gently closed his office door and followed the Slytherin with his eyes. The newly appointed Potions Master continued to grin at the figure as her curiosity drew her to his workstation. Another healer in the making? Awesome! Nothing beats the feeling of inspiring young people to take this very noble profession.

As he considered the question, River went for his dogs --who were both watching Junia at this point-- and gave them the good old patting of the head. "I suppose so, yes. I was about your age when I decided I wanted to become one." he replied, turning his attention back to his visitor. "I'd assume, based on what you told me earlier, that you want to become a healer?" They could discuss healing, sure, but since she mentioned that she's in her OWL year, River surmised that it would be more about the profession rather than the practice.

The medieval portrait of healers (plus skeleton man) behind Junia started to gather at the bottom of their frame, obviously excited about the topic about to be discussed.
__________________

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Stefan is offline  
Old 09-06-2017, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE

Grindylow
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 14,479

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

SPOILER!!: <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
River gently closed his office door and followed the Slytherin with his eyes. The newly appointed Potions Master continued to grin at the figure as her curiosity drew her to his workstation. Another healer in the making? Awesome! Nothing beats the feeling of inspiring young people to take this very noble profession.

As he considered the question, River went for his dogs --who were both watching Junia at this point-- and gave them the good old patting of the head. "I suppose so, yes. I was about your age when I decided I wanted to become one." he replied, turning his attention back to his visitor. "I'd assume, based on what you told me earlier, that you want to become a healer?" They could discuss healing, sure, but since she mentioned that she's in her OWL year, River surmised that it would be more about the profession rather than the practice.

The medieval portrait of healers (plus skeleton man) behind Junia started to gather at the bottom of their frame, obviously excited about the topic about to be discussed.


"Your assumption would be right." The Slytherin gave a little smile and took a seat, assuming that was okay. She patted her knees, a gesture she hoped would beckon the dogs closer, and glanced up at Healer Reed. "I used to want to play Quidditch professionally like my cousin, Hassan, but ever since my ja-my grandfather, I've been thinking about healing..." Because watching the former professor and headmaster forget the things most important to him had broken her heart and she didn't want anyone else that she loved to have to experience that ever. "I miss him. I think he'd be proud of me...for wanting to help others." He was the kind of man who did this all the time when he was alive, so it seemed a logical conclusion.

"What would I need to do? I mean, for my O.W.L.s and classes. How would I go about this? How did you?"
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
Old 09-08-2017, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DERP
Abraxan
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Under Blueprints
Posts: 25,495

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mackenzie Alistaire Mordaunt
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yoji Christopher Reed
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Mordred Alexander Mordaunt
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
River Scott Reed
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Default
Jedi Master•General Iroh•Java Junkie• King ♛ Stefan •Mycroft Holmes•Dragon Lord•Druid Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow View Post

"Your assumption would be right." The Slytherin gave a little smile and took a seat, assuming that was okay. She patted her knees, a gesture she hoped would beckon the dogs closer, and glanced up at Healer Reed. "I used to want to play Quidditch professionally like my cousin, Hassan, but ever since my ja-my grandfather, I've been thinking about healing..." Because watching the former professor and headmaster forget the things most important to him had broken her heart and she didn't want anyone else that she loved to have to experience that ever. "I miss him. I think he'd be proud of me...for wanting to help others." He was the kind of man who did this all the time when he was alive, so it seemed a logical conclusion.

"What would I need to do? I mean, for my O.W.L.s and classes. How would I go about this? How did you?"
River nodded with a grin as he sidestepped to allow Roscoe and Bumi to approach Junia. Roscoe was quick to put his head on her lap, and Bumi was content to rest his head on her feet and continue his nap.

"The fact that you want to be of help, is enough for your grandfather to be proud. I'm sure of it." River sat in his chair and folded his hands on top of his desk as he urged Ms Botros to continue. Each and every student that came for his advice had a different reason as to why they wanted to become Healers. Some were curious about life itself, the others wanted more challenge simply because they are too smart for their own good, but it was rare to find a person so young who'd sacrifice so much time studying just to help other people in the future. River felt honored to come across such soul today.

"First and foremost, you need to have an excellent academic credential, starting with your O.W.L.s. You have to have an 'EE' grade in Potions, Herbology, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Transfiguration. If you can manage to get more than five OWLs, the better." River sat back and tapped his table in thought, "It would also be beneficial to you if you start learning Healing magic early on, to help you with your NEWTs. It's what I did at least." he said in a thoughtful tone, trying to remember what he did years ago. "Also, I think it's only fair to mention that I've offered Mr Levi Kenning and Torrance Spades to assist me here in the Hospital Wing during their free time. I wouldn't mind if you wish to join us." River continued, tilting his head to the side grinning. The two had been a bad mix when he called them that one time. They managed to pull through, however, it didn't save River from the Gryffindor drama in the end.
__________________

"It didn't go quite as planned." | The Underground Studio
Translation: I may have caused irreversible damage on a monumental scale.
Stefan is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE

Grindylow
 
TakemetotheBurrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 14,479

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
Default
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

SPOILER!!: helpful healer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
River nodded with a grin as he sidestepped to allow Roscoe and Bumi to approach Junia. Roscoe was quick to put his head on her lap, and Bumi was content to rest his head on her feet and continue his nap.

"The fact that you want to be of help, is enough for your grandfather to be proud. I'm sure of it." River sat in his chair and folded his hands on top of his desk as he urged Ms Botros to continue. Each and every student that came for his advice had a different reason as to why they wanted to become Healers. Some were curious about life itself, the others wanted more challenge simply because they are too smart for their own good, but it was rare to find a person so young who'd sacrifice so much time studying just to help other people in the future. River felt honored to come across such soul today.

"First and foremost, you need to have an excellent academic credential, starting with your O.W.L.s. You have to have an 'EE' grade in Potions, Herbology, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, and Transfiguration. If you can manage to get more than five OWLs, the better." River sat back and tapped his table in thought, "It would also be beneficial to you if you start learning Healing magic early on, to help you with your NEWTs. It's what I did at least." he said in a thoughtful tone, trying to remember what he did years ago. "Also, I think it's only fair to mention that I've offered Mr Levi Kenning and Torrance Spades to assist me here in the Hospital Wing during their free time. I wouldn't mind if you wish to join us." River continued, tilting his head to the side grinning. The two had been a bad mix when he called them that one time. They managed to pull through, however, it didn't save River from the Gryffindor drama in the end.


Junia smiled warmly at the dogs, her hand moving to pet Roscoe gently on the head as her gaze shifted to Healer Reed. They'd helped to quell the last bit of her nervousness, Roscoe and Bumi had. The fifth year couldn't help but wonder if that was one of the many reasons they were kept around the wing. Keeping patients calm had to be quite beneficial to healing and making it easier to care for them.

As the courses she'd need to excel in were rattled off, the brunette found that the corner of her mouth twitched upwards. She'd already taken a liking to Herbology and Defense in her time here, so those were two subjects mentioned that she didn't have to worry too much about. Transfiguration, though... Well, it challenged her. It did not come naturally and though she was usually able to produce when it came time to do so, it took great effort on her part. Looks like she'd be spending just a little more time studying that for O.W.L.s then Sky might've allotted on their study schedules.

Wait, what?

"I could really come in and assist you here?" The Slytherin perked up some, intrigued. "I'd love that, Healer Reed. I-well, it's my O.W.L year and I know I'll have lots of studying to do, but I'll find the time. I want to. Thank you for offering." It made her feel special in some way, like she'd earned his trust enough for him to offer. That meant a lot, considering she came from a big family who did great things. Feeling special when surrounded with a group like that didn't happen often, even if the people around her tried to make it so. It was just hard not to feel overlooked.

"Do you think maybe there's a book I could borrow on those healing spells you were mentioning?"
__________________
TakemetotheBurrow is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:41 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253