sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 1576 users online including...
Chelliephone , Zoe , astrocat , Andreaswno , Helios Sunrider

13 members
1563 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Hogwarts Archive > Headmistress: Regina Hawthorne's Reign > Term 47: September - December 2017


Term 47: September - December 2017 Term Forty-Seven: Drama on the Rise (Sept 2093 - June 2094)

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2016, 11:10 PM
hermionesclone hermionesclone is offline
 
Ravenclaw Girls Dorms




Up a set of spiral staircase from the common room sits a set of doorways leading to the girls dorms. Each of these dorms are divided up by year groups with wooden plaques on each of the doors to tell you which one is which.

Enter the dorm and you'll find that it's been decorated in a similar fashion to the common room below. A number of four poster beds have been placed to fit the right number of people allocated to said dorm. The furniture is made of the same walnut wood and sky blue eiderdowns can be found here, along with silk drapes around the poster beds.

The same arched windows that are found in the common room can be found here as well, each giving the inhabitant a spectacular view of the grounds below. It's interesting to note that these windows often emit a soft whistling sound that is reminiscent of the whistling of the wind outside. While it may seem distracting, these sounds are often said to be relaxing and hardly noticeable after a while.

These dormitories are strictly for the girls of the house only. No boys allowed.
Old 09-05-2017, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMT
Red Cap
 
Moonhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 87

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisie Dimple
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stacie Gregory
Transportation
Default

She hadn't wanted to come. Leaving her mother behind had been the hardest thing she'd ever done. Maisie sat on her trunk, back straight, knees clenched together. She wasn't used to other people. She'd been home-schooled and knew nothing about socialising with other kids. Here, there were dozens and dozens.

Maisie took some deep breaths, counting her breaths in twos, like she'd been taught. Her mother had made her a book of anxiety management techniques. They'd been practising them all summer. The book was covered with navy blue fabric embroidered with silver stars. She thought about it, tucked up in her dressing gown in her trunk. If she could make it through one term, she could go home for Christmas. Her mother was insistent on a Hogwarts education for her.

Maisie sighed. She wondered who the other first year girls were, who she'd be sharing a room with. Maisie had never shared a room in her life.
Moonhare is offline  
Old 09-08-2017, 01:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Chizpurfle
 
hermygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: underwater
Posts: 10,319
x9
Default
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonhare View Post
She hadn't wanted to come. Leaving her mother behind had been the hardest thing she'd ever done. Maisie sat on her trunk, back straight, knees clenched together. She wasn't used to other people. She'd been home-schooled and knew nothing about socialising with other kids. Here, there were dozens and dozens.

Maisie took some deep breaths, counting her breaths in twos, like she'd been taught. Her mother had made her a book of anxiety management techniques. They'd been practising them all summer. The book was covered with navy blue fabric embroidered with silver stars. She thought about it, tucked up in her dressing gown in her trunk. If she could make it through one term, she could go home for Christmas. Her mother was insistent on a Hogwarts education for her.

Maisie sighed. She wondered who the other first year girls were, who she'd be sharing a room with. Maisie had never shared a room in her life.
"Ollie...where yeh goin', me dorm's that way!"

Apparently the beginning of term had got her familiar all excited, and Sam sighed as her rat scampered off in the complete opposite direction to the sixth year dorm. Into the first year dorms, perhaps? Groans were happening.

"Oliver, you're not gettin' any treats tonight..."

Wherever he'd ended up, she'd prefer he didn't get trapped; he'd slept beside her since they'd first met. So, searching for him before bed it was. She started her search by knocking on the first years' door lightly. "Sorreh teh interrupt...you haven't happened to see a rat, have yeh?"
__________________
hermygirl is offline  
Old 09-08-2017, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMT
Red Cap
 
Moonhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 87

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisie Dimple
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stacie Gregory
Transportation
Default @hermygirl

A light knock sounded on the door. Maisie jumped slightly and stood up. A sixth year girl appeared.

“Um, no, sorry,”
Maisie mumbled. She trembled. Her breathing was becoming more and more difficult.

She tried to remember to count, seeing stars in her mind and assigning numbers to each one.

A squeal interrupted her panicking and distracted her from her anxiety. “Oria…” She said. “I have a cat… Somewhere.”

Her eyes were full of fear. She didn’t want Oria to eat someone’s rat! How did they manage with rats and cats, and owls and rats at Hogwarts? No one ever explained that to her. If Oria had caught anybody’s pet…

Maisie scrabbled around for her cat box. “I’ve got treats, I’m sure she’ll come to me. I’m so sorry!”
Moonhare is offline  
Old 09-09-2017, 01:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chizpurfle
 
hermygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: underwater
Posts: 10,319
x9
Default
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Sighs. Sam had them. She was pretty sure Ollie pulled this stunt at the start of every year to date. If it wasn't the wrong dorm, it was the Common Room. She supposed she should have been expecting it, but here she was.

"Nevermind," she began to reply, "I'll check next do-" Was she okay? She looked a little...nervous.

Maybe because she apparently had a cat. Far from looking worried, Sam chuckled. "Oh, I wouldn't worry about Ollie. He'll be fine. Put up with the Ravenclaw felines for the last five years...wouldn't surprise me if they end up as friends." Sam shrugged. "He'll probably beat...Oria, did'ya call her?...to the treats. Thinks with 'is stomach, Ollie does."

She gave the girl a warm smile, remembering how scary some of the older years had looked to her as a firstie. "I'm Sam. Didn't get to meet yeh at the feast. Who might you be, if you don't mind me askin'?"
__________________
hermygirl is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 06:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMT
Red Cap
 
Moonhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 87

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisie Dimple
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stacie Gregory
Transportation
Default @hermygirl

Maisie nodded. "Yep, good. I'm good." She took a big breath and tried to smile. "I'm Maisie. It's nice to meet you." She really didn't want to be the reason Sam lost her rat. "Do you need help finding him?"

Maisie pro-offered the bag of treats. "Oria won't mind sharing,"Well she will, but since she's run off somewhere, it's her own fault, Maisie felt cross with her cat, but deep down, she knew she was just freaking out because Oria was the only person she knew. Someone steady and familiar to calm her nerves. That was the point of the cat in the first place. And now she's run off somewhere!
Moonhare is offline  
Old 09-12-2017, 01:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Chizpurfle
 
hermygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: underwater
Posts: 10,319
x9
Default
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

"Maisie," Sam repeated, to help put the name in her memory. "Likewise. Welcome to Ravenclaw." She smiled, before surveying the room for either of their familiars. "Eh, he should be fine. I'll leave some treats out for 'im on me bedside table, and he'll find his way back."

Sam waved off the treats. "No worries. So what type of cat is Oria?"
__________________
hermygirl is offline  
Old 09-13-2017, 09:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMT
Red Cap
 
Moonhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 87

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisie Dimple
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stacie Gregory
Transportation
Default

"Thanks," Maisie said. "Do you know any other First Years? I somehow missed everything at the feast. A little overwhelmed. I've never been to school before." She flushed, her white skin lighting up with embarrassment.

"She's a tortoiseshell."

Maisie felt a little steadier. Maybe she just needed to mix a little.
Moonhare is offline  
Old 09-17-2017, 01:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Chizpurfle
 
hermygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: underwater
Posts: 10,319
x9
Default
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

"I met a few who sat near me at the feast, yeah. But you'll meet more soon enough - 'specially your dorm mates." She leant back against one of the dressers, and gave a reassuring smile. "It's okay to be a little overwhelmed. I'd never been to school either, when I started 'ere." Although that was only one of her worries, having been sorted into Ravenclaw despite barely being able to read or write. "But it'll quickly feel like home. Jus' don't be afraid to ask us for 'elp, whether it be homework...or finding your way to class...whatever. We've all been there, and on the whole, are a pretty friendly bunch."

Honest.

And a tortoiseshell? "Pretty!" Sam grinned. "You had her long?"
__________________
hermygirl is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ravenclaw

DMT
Red Cap
 
Moonhare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 87

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisie Dimple
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stacie Gregory
Transportation
Default

Maisie smiled. She liked Sam, although the social aspect of school was still terrifying. “Oh wow, that must’ve sucked. How did you manage it? Were you homeschooled?” Maisie was intrigued. She hadn’t expected to meet anybody else who hadn’t been to school before. Her nerves seemed to disappear as her interest took over.

Oria flew through the door of the dorm like there was a mad owl after her. “Great Merlin!” Maisie said. “What’s up with you?” She grabbed the cat as it sped past her. “She was my going-to-school present from my mum,” Maisie’s voice caught and she hugged Oria hard. The cat squealed.

“What about Ollie? When did you get him?”
__________________
:luna:
Moonhare is offline  
Old 09-25-2017, 01:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Chizpurfle
 
hermygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: underwater
Posts: 10,319
x9
Default
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

"No exactly, no," Sam mused with a smile. She didn't haven't a home back then, and the only way she'd been schooled was in the ways of the streets around Knockturn Alley. Probably not what the first year meant. "It was a bit of a culture shock from where I grew up, but not in a bad way. For the first time...it felt like home."

Before she could expand further though, a spooked looking cat shot through the door. "That's Oria? Poor thing." She half lent through the door to see if there was an Ollie close behind, although there didn't seem to be. "I'd say she looks like she's seen a ghost, but Lady Helena is lovely." Sam gave her a crooked grin. "She's a lovely gift. I'm sure you'll both have lots of awesome adventures here."

As for Ollie? "We found each other when I was seven or eight...can't really remember. I fed him scraps of food, 'n' he kept coming back. Been together ever since." And yes, she knew a rat was an unusual choice, but she wouldn't have it any other way.
__________________
hermygirl is offline  
Old 10-01-2017, 01:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Your Guide
Billywig
 
The Narrator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 3,470

Hogwarts RPG Name:
The Narrator
Default
follow me; everything is all right.

After a wonderful Saturday spent down in the Hogsmeade village you come back up to the Ravenclaw Tower with your cheeks rosy from the December air, your bellies full of honeydukes candy, and your pockets full of pranks.

Taking the stairs up to the eagle girls' dorms for a change of clothes and possibly some quiet time before dinner, you're met by the door hanging slightly ajar and off its hinges.

Easing up the door to to look inside, you are met with a stomach-turning, heart-wrenching, and eye-watering sight.

The whole dorm is in utter and complete shambles.

The sheets and blankets have been pulled out of all the beds and left in piles on the floor and it even looks as though someone has gone over them with a razor, since there are visible holes. Pillows have been torn apart and their feathers are flying everywhere in sight which is enough to make anyone sneeze.

Trunks lids have been thrust open with extreme force and their contents have been tossed out helter-skelter around the dorm so much that it's almost impossible to know just who each sock and sweater belongs to.

On the floor someone has ripped out pages from several textbooks and strewn them around haphazardly.

And if that wasn't enough a drawer or two in each nightstand has been pulled out and their contents has been emptied out on each bed mattress.

It seems as if someone has ransacked the dorm, but for what purpose?

If you clean up and assess everything, you might notice that something of yours has gone missing...
__________________
The Narrator is offline  
Old 10-01-2017, 03:05 PM   #13 (permalink)


DIMC & MO
Billywig
 
Goblinfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Riley's Brain
Posts: 3,262

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Default
Mischievous Niffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Narrator View Post
After a wonderful Saturday spent down in the Hogsmeade village you come back up to the Ravenclaw Tower with your cheeks rosy from the December air, your bellies full of honeydukes candy, and your pockets full of pranks.

Taking the stairs up to the eagle girls' dorms for a change of clothes and possibly some quiet time before dinner, you're met by the door hanging slightly ajar and off its hinges.

Easing up the door to to look inside, you are met with a stomach-turning, heart-wrenching, and eye-watering sight.

The whole dorm is in utter and complete shambles.

The sheets and blankets have been pulled out of all the beds and left in piles on the floor and it even looks as though someone has gone over them with a razor, since there are visible holes. Pillows have been torn apart and their feathers are flying everywhere in sight which is enough to make anyone sneeze.

Trunks lids have been thrust open with extreme force and their contents have been tossed out helter-skelter around the dorm so much that it's almost impossible to know just who each sock and sweater belongs to.

On the floor someone has ripped out pages from several textbooks and strewn them around haphazardly.

And if that wasn't enough a drawer or two in each nightstand has been pulled out and their contents has been emptied out on each bed mattress.

It seems as if someone has ransacked the dorm, but for what purpose?

If you clean up and assess everything, you might notice that something of yours has gone missing...
What a wonderful day at Hogsmeade. She'd restocked on quick-quotes quills and makeup, and had even visited the Shrieking Shack. Merlin, she remembered when that place used to scare her. The fear vanished when she found out Tenacius partied there. Now she visited it every time she went to Hogsmeade. Of course she also made sure to keep a watchful eye on her fellow students to make sure no one got in trouble.

Now she was back with her arms full of supplies and heading back to her dormitory. She was going to unpack and then head on down to the library and then to the great hall.

But the door was slightly ajar. "Huh?" she said quizzically, glancing at it in a puzzled way. Was this Peeves doing? Frowning, and with a creeping sense of urgency that it might be something worse, she hurried into the dormitory and gasped.

"MERLIN!"

She was going to Professor Hirsch!
Goblinfrog is offline  
Old 10-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Chizpurfle
 
hermygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: underwater
Posts: 10,319
x9
Default
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Sam heard the Head Girl's shout from where she'd been heading up the stairs to the dorms, and quickly rushed up the last few steps. Her eyes widened as she saw the door hanging off its hinges, and she gasped as she saw the disarray inside.

What in Merlin's Pants had happened in here?

It'd been completely turned over, and Sam found her eyes going over to her own bed, her stomach giving an uncomfortable lurch. The lock on her trunk had been forced, and it contents appeared to be strewn all over the place. There were feathers from her duvet everywhere, and Sam's heart sunk further as she saw the pillow Al had given her had been torn. Thank goodness she'd been wearing his hoodie whilst studying, and that whoever had done this had the decency to turn out her nightstand onto her mattress. Because the rest of her stuff, who knew where it was.

And Ollie...was her rat okay? She scanned the room for him, feeling even more uncomfortable as she remembered what she'd heard about rodent blood at the bulletin board.

"You going for Hirsch and the Headmistress?" she called after Kitty, snapping back into the reality of the situation. "I'll stay here and make sure it doesn't get touched." Because as much as she wanted to start checking through her stuff, she knew it needed to be seen as was by a Professor first.

It was just a prank, right? Just Peeves going a step too far...nothing more serious. She'd keep telling herself that.
__________________
hermygirl is offline  
Old 10-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

DMAC
Mooncalf
 
SarcasticStrawberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 7,496

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maisey Wilde
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBA?
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Dahlia Blaze
Accidents & Catastrophes
x5
Default
❅ Purple Lightsaber ❅| | Captain Sarcastic |

Juni had been in Hogsmead most of the day, she had came back to her dorm to change into so warm dry clothes. Her winter appeal was put into good use today. She was just about to to go down the common room to relax for a while before starting to work on some homework.

She had just stepped out of her dormroom when she heard a commotion. Following the sounds of the commotion. She seen the head girl and another other girl, Sam that was her name right? "What's wrong?" Joining the other two girls at the door of the seventh years dorm. "Oh my. Who could have done this?" It had to have been another Ravenclaw or someone who could answer the riddle to get in.

First a painting painted with blood, now a trashed dormroom. Why was she always close to these things? One of the seven habits of a highly effective Hogwarts student. Someone should write a book about that.
__________________
Days of Potter 2023:___________________________ Which Bertie Botts Flavour Are You?

You are Bread!
SarcasticStrawberry is offline  
Old 10-02-2017, 11:39 PM   #16 (permalink)


DIMC & MO
Billywig
 
Goblinfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Riley's Brain
Posts: 3,262

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Default
Mischievous Niffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
.................

Er.

Hirsch blinked as the girl started spilling out a story while still catching onto her breath, almost as if she had..... ran here? Not that it mattered in comparison to what it was she was telling him. His eyebrows furrowed more and more as she continued telling him what happened: door off its hinges, things ripped and broken and not a sign of anyone who could've done this? What was happening?!

The man didn't dare interrupt her flow as she said what she needed to but he did reach for his wand and took it out. "You didn't see anyone or anything else nearby? No one looking suspicious?" he asked, moving forwards and locking his door behind him. There was a small frown on his face because, frankly, this was very odd. Call him naïve but this didn't sound like something one of his Ravenclaws would do. "Lead the way, Kitty."
"No, no one," she answered very truthfully. "And I know there's no way any of our Ravens could have done this, not a chance." She knew all the Ravenclaws and none of them would ever dare to do something so foolish, unless they were under the Imperious Curse.

Professor Hirsch invited her to lead the way, which she promptly did - walking in quick strides to back towards the Ravenclaw common room. As they walked she voiced her top concern. "I hope it's just Peeves, but I think it might be the monster. Do you think the portal could have been reopened?"

The riddle to enter the Ravenclaw common room was:

Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year and yet they’re not twins. How can this be?

"Because they're part of a set of triplets," Kitty answered confidently. It was the same riddle all week.

Then she led the way up the stairs to the girls dormitory...
Goblinfrog is offline  
Old 10-03-2017, 11:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Moderator
Gladrags Mod


DMC & DMAC
Pogrebin
 
hermionesclone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London
Posts: 32,839

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander River Hirsch
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
--

Ministry RPG Name:
Zhuó Xiá Li

Ministry RPG Name:
Grayson Douglas Whitlock
Accidents & Catastrophes

x11 x11
Default All of you ^^
urine trouble | Pat's Strong Confident Other Half | Pees Like a Champion Unicorn Racehorse

No one near the scene of the crime and not a chance that anyone in the West Tower could've done something like this. It wasn't as though he suspected anyone in Ravenclaw Tower but it did make the situation slightly more serious and less likely to be a prank. Pranks could be dealt with pretty easily - depending on the severity of the prank and who was involved - but something worse was...... well.

And then Kitty mentioned the portal incident, making Hirsch frown as he strode quickly alongside her. "I.... don't know. The portal was meant to have sealed off when the two poltergeists went through it so unless another one has opened up somewhere else, I don't think it's the monster." Unless it has found another way to enter the castle. "Let's see the damage first and then we can decide where to go from there."

Under any other circumstance, he would've felt quite proud that the Head Girl had answered the riddle so confidently but seeing as this wasn't the time, no mentions were made. Instead, he scrambled through the hole and made his way towards the staircase that led to the Girls' Dorms. His wand, which had been out during their entire journey here, was now being pointed in the direction of the staircase itself. Anyone near him might have heard a small whisper of incantations as he lifted the spell that stopped him from entering the dorms.

Up and up they went, the Defence Professor following Kitty's lead up the spiral staircase, past Sam and Miss Primeaux, until......

..............

Er.

This didn't look good. Not at all.

Something else it didn't look like? A prank. A thought that made a heavy feeling settle in the pits of his stomach. Someone, for some bizarre reason, might possibly want to search the girls' things, but to tear down the room entirely? The frown deepened and, wand still held aloft, Hirsch stepped carefully into the room. For a long time, he didn't say anything but simply looked at everything that was strewn about the room. Everything was taken note of: the clothes, the bed sheets, the miscellaneous items that had been in the drawers, not to mention the contents of pillows and the holes in the bedding themselves. Every once in a while, he bent down to examine the contents on the floor even more or to see if there was any kind of trail or obvious signs but.....

.... sigh.

"Someone has gone to great lengths to demolish this room," he finally muttered, standing up from near a window and turning towards Sam and Juni, "Has anyone else come in here while Kitty was gone? Or even walked past?" Possibly looking fishy but that wasn't always the case. "Because, unless they have a grudge against the girls in this tower, it looks as though they were after something." You wouldn't ransack a room for no reason....
__________________
hermionesclone is offline  
Old 10-04-2017, 01:37 AM   #18 (permalink)
Chizpurfle
 
hermygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: underwater
Posts: 10,319
x9
Default
Stuck inside with Sirius | *Splish-Splash* | bamBAM | ☁ Spooktacular ☁

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticStrawberry View Post
Juni had been in Hogsmead most of the day, she had came back to her dorm to change into so warm dry clothes. Her winter appeal was put into good use today. She was just about to to go down the common room to relax for a while before starting to work on some homework.

She had just stepped out of her dormroom when she heard a commotion. Following the sounds of the commotion. She seen the head girl and another other girl, Sam that was her name right? "What's wrong?" Joining the other two girls at the door of the seventh years dorm. "Oh my. Who could have done this?" It had to have been another Ravenclaw or someone who could answer the riddle to get in.

First a painting painted with blood, now a trashed dormroom. Why was she always close to these things? One of the seven habits of a highly effective Hogwarts student. Someone should write a book about that.
Sam just looked crestfallen as the younger girl joined her, and she shook her head sadly. "I...I don't know." She was still trying to persuade herself that it was a prank gone too far. Her things...it unnerved her that someone had just torn threw them all, without the slightest bit of care. "I'd hazard a guess whoever it is had a warped idea of prank, or just doesn't like us very much."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
Under any other circumstance, he would've felt quite proud that the Head Girl had answered the riddle so confidently but seeing as this wasn't the time, no mentions were made. Instead, he scrambled through the hole and made his way towards the staircase that led to the Girls' Dorms. His wand, which had been out during their entire journey here, was now being pointed in the direction of the staircase itself. Anyone near him might have heard a small whisper of incantations as he lifted the spell that stopped him from entering the dorms.

Up and up they went, the Defence Professor following Kitty's lead up the spiral staircase, past Sam and Miss Primeaux, until......

..............

Er.

This didn't look good. Not at all.

Something else it didn't look like? A prank. A thought that made a heavy feeling settle in the pits of his stomach. Someone, for some bizarre reason, might possibly want to search the girls' things, but to tear down the room entirely? The frown deepened and, wand still held aloft, Hirsch stepped carefully into the room. For a long time, he didn't say anything but simply looked at everything that was strewn about the room. Everything was taken note of: the clothes, the bed sheets, the miscellaneous items that had been in the drawers, not to mention the contents of pillows and the holes in the bedding themselves. Every once in a while, he bent down to examine the contents on the floor even more or to see if there was any kind of trail or obvious signs but.....

.... sigh.

"Someone has gone to great lengths to demolish this room," he finally muttered, standing up from near a window and turning towards Sam and Juni, "Has anyone else come in here while Kitty was gone? Or even walked past?" Possibly looking fishy but that wasn't always the case. "Because, unless they have a grudge against the girls in this tower, it looks as though they were after something." You wouldn't ransack a room for no reason....
And then Kitty turned up with Hirsch, and Sam's stomach knotted as she watched their Head of House search it over. Either Ollie was hiding reeeeally well, or he wasn't here; she wasn't sure if that made her more or less worried. Maybe he'd snuck down to the kitchens in her absence? She sure hoped her rt had been feeling peckish this afternoon.

Demolish. She looked up as Hirsch spoke. It was a good description, but it didn't make her feel any better.

"No. I got here as just Kitty was leaving, and I ain't seen anything...or anyone, until Juni joined me a few minutes later." She supposed someone could have slipped past disillusioned or something though; she hadn't actually thought of that possibility until now. "What sort of something would we have that'd cause someone to rip everything apart?"

She turned a little pale at the thought. Her Pa couldn't have done anything that stupid, could he?
__________________
hermygirl is offline  
Old 10-04-2017, 10:31 PM   #19 (permalink)


DIMC & MO
Billywig
 
Goblinfrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Riley's Brain
Posts: 3,262

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Default
Mischievous Niffler

Kitty listened with a frown as Professor Hirsch asked questions and Sam mentioned not seeing anyone other than her and Juni. This seemed much worse than Peeves average everyday pranks. But if it wasn't him...who did that leave them with?

"There is one student who personally doesn't like all too much," she admitted, and she knew Professor Hirsch knew who she meant. "But she's honorable and would never do this, especially not to the other others. I know she's innocent. And I don't know who else could have a grudge against us." It was scary to think there was someone who hated Ravenclaw girls out there.

"We should get the Bloody Baron to ask Peeves if he knows anything," she said at last, hoping they could get back to thinking of this as a prank. "It might seem worse than his usual style, but don't forget he almost killed people on the stairs a few years ago."
Goblinfrog is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:03 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2022, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253