sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Members

There are 745 users online including...
Methrenhow , usabose , agrohimpqz , agrohimhnm , PhoenixRising , Jamesmk , Robgbd , Vikiesm , Vikicof

12 members
733 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > United Kingdom

United Kingdom Magic can be found everywhere throughout the United Kingdom. Just be mindful of the Muggles who are out and about.

LinkBack Thread Tools

Old 10-05-2022, 12:47 AM

Default St. James's Park

Tucked amid London's busy streets and buildings, being a roughly six-minute walk from the Ministry entrances, is St. James's Park. Covering 57 acres and featuring a small lake with two islands, there is plenty to explore. Entering the park from Horse Guards Road to the east, one will find themselves near a park pavilion and quaint cottage. From the Mall to the north is a gate kiosk, drinking fountain, and a tiny coffee shop. Walking far enough west, one will stumble upon the Vitoria Memorial, Buckingham Palace, and the park's playground. The rest of the park provides a number of trails and a bridge that gives access across the lake from the south end of the park to the north.

On a sunny day, the park is a perfect getaway, especially during one's lunch break or after clocking out of work. It is is an excellent place to have a picnic under the shade of a tree, enjoy watching the waterfowl and resident colony of pelicans idly swimming in the lake, or go for a stroll or a run along the trails with a friend before having to venture back into the loud, bustling city.

The usage of wands or anything magical is strictly prohibited in the park to avoid breaking the Statute of Secrecy.
Old 08-08-2023, 09:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
At this point, Theodore had no idea who or what was going on - if he had known someone was throwing popcorn into his mouth, he would be absolutely furious and probably resort to a duel, but he soon focussed on a woman standing in front of him offering him water. While she started off as his angel rescuer with the sun beaming behind her head, he soon narrowed his eyes crossly at her, shocked that she at least wasn’t trying to smack him on the back. Useless.

Still, he grabbed the water and tried to sip, and cough whatever it was up. Luckily the popcorn piece soon moved enough that it moved up into his mouth, where he was able to pick it out with his fingers. He was so confused by the entire situation. He hadn’t eaten or purchased popcorn in a long time.

Back to his rescuer, who had resumed her status of an Angel with the sun shining behind her, Theodore let out a relieved breath but wasn’t quite ready to smile - too traumatised. “Phew… thank you so much.” He screwed the lid back onto the water bottle tightly and handed it back to her. “Did you see what the heck happened there?” He needed some insight now.
While a duel certainly would be fun, she wasn't openly looking to start much more of a scene in the middle of the park. Besides, she was too busy being somewhat invested in making sure he didn't die. But clearly not THAT invested given A) it was her fault and B) she still hadn't done much more than offer a bottle. It was fairly useless - but she was used to letting others do things for her, including life saving. It was amazing no one else had noticed the nearly dying man.

Had she been able to hear his thoughts, she certainly would have liked the dubbed title - even if she was anything but. But that didn't feel like something that was a good idea for her to openly admit - so when he happened to ask if she knew what happened, Rose gave a small shrug of her shoulders before letting her hands drop to her side - one moving behind her back to wandlessly vanish the bag of popcorn she'd been consuming early. "Perhaps a stray bird dropped it in your mouth from the beak of a bird or something? People are always shamelessly feeding the birds here in the park. And they're always trying to fly off with what they can get to keep the other birds from stealing it from them." It was far fetched - given how in the world would a bird drop it exactly down his throat - but considering a pigeon was currently attempting to make away with one of the kernels she'd missed with... the feathered fiend was at least somewhat corroborating her story.

Also, it was the only story she could think of that could still be somewhat chaotic without siccing the man on a poor soul in the park. Not that that was beyond her, but they could have easily seen her being the culprit.

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Daf!!! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
It truly was a wonder how he managed to eat as much as he did. As for what his secret was, well, there really wasn't one. "Oh, you know, just some casual crup walking, running from one end of campus to the other, and daily workouts to keep everything from turning into mush." That honestly summed up the majority of his days since graduating from Hogwarts.

Daf didn't move a muscle (okay, maybe he flexed them a little) when the phone was taken out and quick mugshot snapped. For a moment he thought about making another pose, but there would be plenty of time for more shenanigans such as this. "Do I even get to see it? How do I know it's any good? Did you get my good side? Should I take one without my shirt on?" he fake pouted for a moment before a grin grew on his face. "Good to know I have what it takes, though can you imagine how hard it'd be to land an audition being in the same industry as you?" Fortunately for him, things were going just fine with his healer track. He'd leave acting and improv as a hobby and let Jude take the limelight there.

While his friend reached for some shortbread and spoke about WADA, he snagged himself another sandwich and bit an end off. He nodded at the remark made about there being some challenging days; that he could relate to. His face did perk up at the mention of Davet. "And how is lover boy doing?" he asked with an eyebrow wiggle before he continued with his own life update. "Things at uni are going well. The programme is quite challenging -- a lot of information and memorization and exams, but it's definitely going to be worth it in the end. And I've made a handful of friends within my cohort. We spend many a night studying together."

At the mention of crup walking, Jude smirked. “Still going on those walks shirtless then? Listen, I can’t figure one thing out: how is it that you’re still single and there has got a ton of people from that park that has seen your abs?” Like??? How was that even possible? Daf needed to help Jude understand this unlikely occurrence.

Jude let out a snort of laughter as his friend flexed an arm. “Drama queen,’’ he teased, nudging his open phone to Daf. “Hang on. I was under the impression you NEVER took a bad photo. Are you telling me I was wrong this entire time? Anyway, if you take your shirt off, I’ll do my best to help you attract someone’s attention since you seem to be doing a bang up job of it…” Cue him wiggling his eyebrows playfully. What fun it was to tease Daf! “Oh, I know. Poor you wouldn’t receive half of the attention that I would. Though having a close friend for a Healer would be handy if I fall and severely injure myself.” One just never knew what could happen on stage during live shows and rehearsals!

Jude suspected that Daf could consume this entire basket of goodies and would still need another snack to wash it all down. Not that he was judging; not when he himself needed another piece of shortbread and was already helping himself to seconds. “Lover boy is doing excellently,’’ Jude replied, beaming as he always did when the topic of the boyfriend came up. “He’s very focused on his studies at London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.” Jude added as an afterthought, “I think he’ll make it even bigger than I will someday.” As a matter of fact, this was what he wanted! “I always thought all those medical-ly stuff was challenging. Thank Merlin you’ve got the brain for it!” An amused but questioning look was shot at the other fellow. “How many of those supposedly study nights turned into party nights?”

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 06:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

DMAC& DMGS
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Molly Wyndham #cf4269
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Solomon Duck
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Cosima Plumb
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Theodore Alvin Kinsley
Games & Sports

x5 x2
Raspberry Jam | #ChocolateFrogFamous | Ultimate Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
While a duel certainly would be fun, she wasn't openly looking to start much more of a scene in the middle of the park. Besides, she was too busy being somewhat invested in making sure he didn't die. But clearly not THAT invested given A) it was her fault and B) she still hadn't done much more than offer a bottle. It was fairly useless - but she was used to letting others do things for her, including life saving. It was amazing no one else had noticed the nearly dying man.

Had she been able to hear his thoughts, she certainly would have liked the dubbed title - even if she was anything but. But that didn't feel like something that was a good idea for her to openly admit - so when he happened to ask if she knew what happened, Rose gave a small shrug of her shoulders before letting her hands drop to her side - one moving behind her back to wandlessly vanish the bag of popcorn she'd been consuming early. "Perhaps a stray bird dropped it in your mouth from the beak of a bird or something? People are always shamelessly feeding the birds here in the park. And they're always trying to fly off with what they can get to keep the other birds from stealing it from them." It was far fetched - given how in the world would a bird drop it exactly down his throat - but considering a pigeon was currently attempting to make away with one of the kernels she'd missed with... the feathered fiend was at least somewhat corroborating her story.

Also, it was the only story she could think of that could still be somewhat chaotic without siccing the man on a poor soul in the park. Not that that was beyond her, but they could have easily seen her being the culprit.
Theodore supposed that her story sounded plausible, although that would be an extremely skilled bird. If it was trying to poop into his mouth, then that would be much more believable. Those things always pooped in the most irritating of places. "Hm." He mumbled quietly. "Very strange. But thank Merlin you were here." He was really, really thick to have not pieced together what had really happened, but perhaps he was blinded by this angel.

His manner was suddenly much more composed after shaking off the terror of choking, and he was now offering the lady a very charming smile, "Please, let me buy you a drink, or something, to show my gratitude." She should appreciate this because Theodore was horrendous at being charming, but he just sincerely hoped that his offer wasn't rejected. He was oh-so used to that happening. Either that or he just had a knack for attracting frosty people.

"Name's Theo, by the way." If she wanted to know. :3

_______throwing a line out to sea
to see if I can catch a dream
Emzily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2023, 10:48 PM   #29 (permalink)
Zoe
Dark Force Defense League

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
At the mention of crup walking, Jude smirked. “Still going on those walks shirtless then? Listen, I can’t figure one thing out: how is it that you’re still single and there has got a ton of people from that park that has seen your abs?” Like??? How was that even possible? Daf needed to help Jude understand this unlikely occurrence.

Jude let out a snort of laughter as his friend flexed an arm. “Drama queen,’’ he teased, nudging his open phone to Daf. “Hang on. I was under the impression you NEVER took a bad photo. Are you telling me I was wrong this entire time? Anyway, if you take your shirt off, I’ll do my best to help you attract someone’s attention since you seem to be doing a bang up job of it…” Cue him wiggling his eyebrows playfully. What fun it was to tease Daf! “Oh, I know. Poor you wouldn’t receive half of the attention that I would. Though having a close friend for a Healer would be handy if I fall and severely injure myself.” One just never knew what could happen on stage during live shows and rehearsals!

Jude suspected that Daf could consume this entire basket of goodies and would still need another snack to wash it all down. Not that he was judging; not when he himself needed another piece of shortbread and was already helping himself to seconds. “Lover boy is doing excellently,’’ Jude replied, beaming as he always did when the topic of the boyfriend came up. “He’s very focused on his studies at London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.” Jude added as an afterthought, “I think he’ll make it even bigger than I will someday.” As a matter of fact, this was what he wanted! “I always thought all those medical-ly stuff was challenging. Thank Merlin you’ve got the brain for it!” An amused but questioning look was shot at the other fellow. “How many of those supposedly study nights turned into party nights?”
He rolled his eyes at his friend's questions pertaining to his walks in the park. "Gotta take advantage of the weather and work on my tan," he replied without hesitation. "As for still being single, well, I'm in no rush to not be. Plus walking around with seven or so crups in two might be a bit much for people. But you never know, maybe they'll lead me to someone one day. Or you will just get tired of waiting and set me up." How that hadn't happened yet was honestly a mystery.

The phone was accepted and his eyes glossed over the photo before handing it back. "I clearly don't because I approve of this one. Send that one to me," Dafydd grinned as he passed the phone back over to Jude. Another roll of his eyes happened. "You can do a proper photoshoot later. And agreed; best we stick to our own career paths. But if there ever is a role for a handsome doctor, give me a heads-up. I'm sure I'll be a shoo-in."

As Jude speak about the boyfriend, he carried on with chewing his sandwich while he listened. "Glad to hear that he's going well. We definitely need to have a little get-together in the near future." A chuckle then escaped his mouth. "Us pre-healer students take our study nights very seriously," he told him before sticking out his tongue for a few seconds. "Though sometimes there's more than just pumpkin juice around."

Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2023, 12:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
He rolled his eyes at his friend's questions pertaining to his walks in the park. "Gotta take advantage of the weather and work on my tan," he replied without hesitation. "As for still being single, well, I'm in no rush to not be. Plus walking around with seven or so crups in two might be a bit much for people. But you never know, maybe they'll lead me to someone one day. Or you will just get tired of waiting and set me up." How that hadn't happened yet was honestly a mystery.

The phone was accepted and his eyes glossed over the photo before handing it back. "I clearly don't because I approve of this one. Send that one to me," Dafydd grinned as he passed the phone back over to Jude. Another roll of his eyes happened. "You can do a proper photoshoot later. And agreed; best we stick to our own career paths. But if there ever is a role for a handsome doctor, give me a heads-up. I'm sure I'll be a shoo-in."

As Jude speak about the boyfriend, he carried on with chewing his sandwich while he listened. "Glad to hear that he's going well. We definitely need to have a little get-together in the near future." A chuckle then escaped his mouth. "Us pre-healer students take our study nights very seriously," he told him before sticking out his tongue for a few seconds. "Though sometimes there's more than just pumpkin juice around."

Jude smirked. By the looks of the visible parts of Daf, he’d say that the shirtless walks in the park were doing its job well. “I know you’re not in a hurry. I usually figure that you meet the most boring people and none of them has interested you for more than a few days.” Jude tilted his head thoughtfully. “Hmmm…” His smirk grew wider. “Tell you what, my friend. I’ll give you up to the end of this summer. If you aren’t going steady with anyone by then, I’ll set you up on a blind date.” It was quite the deal if you asked him. For one thing, the time frame was ample and wouldn’t put pressure on Daf to rush into anything.

Phone in hand once more, Jude punched the necessary keys and soon enough, had forwarded Daf the picture. “What, am I going to see a huge version of that picture at your place?” That would be very Gilderoy Lockhart of his friend. The next comment got him laughing. Honestly, Daf! “Keep that tan in check because who knows, the role may call for you being shirtless.” Wouldn’t that be a treat to all the guys and girls?!

If possible, Jude’s face lit up when it was mentioned that get-together. “I’d love that! I know Dav would too! MAYBE by then you’ll have found someone and we can do a double date!” Yes, yes! He was so down for this! “Oh, yeah? I’ll believe that when I see you graduate as a Healer.” He laughed, but he was seriously rooting for Daf to be one of the most successful Healers the Wizarding World had even seen. “I suspected as much. Can’t say that WADA doesn’t have moments like that. Speaking of, care to come to the summer concert we’ll be having?”

Old 08-15-2023, 01:53 AM   #31 (permalink)

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Sometimes Cooper wished he had a time-turner to take back something he had said - now was among those. At least Mamie didn't seem to take the unsolicited observation and analysis too poorly so he was going to try not to chastise himself too harshly for it. "No, of course. I mean. I'm sorry. It...it isn't my place to make such sweeping conclusions." A hard lesson to learn and even harder to continue to apply to his interactions and relationships, not creating images and idealistic standards of people the way he saw things. Somewhere along the journey that was life he had lost some of his natural behaviorist knack and sauntered on in to ... well ... a bard of sorts, perhaps. Something that had not only given a certain rose colored hue to things where it was inappropriate but also reflected inwardly to unrealistic standards for himself. Toxic perfectionism, perhaps? It was something. "It's just a pity they can't know the truth depths of your talents. I don't have any strictly muggle circles so...I don't even really have a gnome's leg to stand on here."

The moment passed, Cooper took another hearty couple of spoonfuls of soup while she spoke. "I am sure you would have done just fine. You already have a foundation and you'd be getting the full immersion experience which is one sturdy roadmap to learning a language," he pondered between a couple more spoonfuls...which naturally meant there were little dribbles clinging to the corners of his mouth and one that had managed to land on his chin. "You'll succeed wherever you go, Mamie. You're too dedicated and driven to do anything but." Hopefully that was not too...well...to MUCH. "And...in event you do end up in France, I'll still be able to make matches often. Meet you in some French parks for a picnic," he added with a little nudge from the elbow.

Exhausting was...perhaps a bit of an understatement, but he apparently did not know how to be idle anymore. Yes, there were moments he slowed down to smell the roses - so to speak - but there was a restlessness that settled in whenever that happened. "Yes...and no...I suppose," he chuckled while running a hand through his hair and ruffling it a bit. "But...everything feels enriching, in some way...just grateful I suppose to wake up and know I have somewhere I need to be and something I need to do."

Margaret knew Cooper hadn't meant to be rude or imply...anything, so she smiled gently at his apology and patted his arm. "It's okay," she said, not wanting him to verbally wander in circles anymore. "They know plenty about me, just not that particular detail," she added. While it would be nice to have her full set of friends be able to support her at Quidditch matches, the fact that her and her brothers' Muggle friend group had no idea she was talented and successful and still wanted to be her friend was enough for her.

Cooper went on to say more presumably kind things, but Mamie was distracted by the soup that dripped onto his chin. Not wanting to interrupt, she offered him a napkin and pointed at her own chin. "You've got some...eh...soup" she said, in French, by way of explanation. She was plenty confident in her ability to speak French now, even if she hadn't been as an eighteen-year-old. She wasn't going to make an impulsive decision about moving to France, though, even if the prospect of meeting Cooper in a park for a picnic there sounded pleasant.

She looked thoughtfully at Cooper, trying to imagine being as busy as he seemed. To wake up and have to be somewhere, every day. It certainly sounded exhausting. Though she did like the thought of having something to occupy her in the Quidditch off-season. She supposed it might make the days seem less of a blur, if she had to, say, make sure food was delivered on Tuesdays and the fertilizer was put out on Thursdays and the cats were fed twice a day. "Enriching...that makes sense for you," she finally said. "You get to do multiple things and fulfill multiple interests." Which really did make sense for Cooper, with his multitude of interests and talents. And maybe...someday, for her, if she worked on her non-Quidditch interests more.
Old 08-19-2023, 10:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8
Bathes in Maple Syrup | Dancing Lobster | Mrs. Charlie Weasley | Seneca's Beard | That's So Fetch

Quote:
Jude smirked. By the looks of the visible parts of Daf, he’d say that the shirtless walks in the park were doing its job well. “I know you’re not in a hurry. I usually figure that you meet the most boring people and none of them has interested you for more than a few days.” Jude tilted his head thoughtfully. “Hmmm…” His smirk grew wider. “Tell you what, my friend. I’ll give you up to the end of this summer. If you aren’t going steady with anyone by then, I’ll set you up on a blind date.” It was quite the deal if you asked him. For one thing, the time frame was ample and wouldn’t put pressure on Daf to rush into anything.

Phone in hand once more, Jude punched the necessary keys and soon enough, had forwarded Daf the picture. “What, am I going to see a huge version of that picture at your place?” That would be very Gilderoy Lockhart of his friend. The next comment got him laughing. Honestly, Daf! “Keep that tan in check because who knows, the role may call for you being shirtless.” Wouldn’t that be a treat to all the guys and girls?!

If possible, Jude’s face lit up when it was mentioned that get-together. “I’d love that! I know Dav would too! MAYBE by then you’ll have found someone and we can do a double date!” Yes, yes! He was so down for this! “Oh, yeah? I’ll believe that when I see you graduate as a Healer.” He laughed, but he was seriously rooting for Daf to be one of the most successful Healers the Wizarding World had even seen. “I suspected as much. Can’t say that WADA doesn’t have moments like that. Speaking of, care to come to the summer concert we’ll be having?”
Dafydd couldn't help but roll his eyes at the comment Jude had made about the people he had met most likely being boring. It did make him chuckle, however. "I wouldn't say they're boring. It's more to do with circumstance. Sometimes working my charm is appropriate, other times it isn't. And some people just come and go." Another chuckle sounded from him when an ultimatum was made. "Deal. End of summer it is."

A grin quickly grew on his face when asked about seeing a large version of the picture that had been taken at his place. "Oh, don't be so silly, Jude. You know I'm not that vain," he responded quite honestly. But then came the teasing: "However, I know how much you would love a shrine dedicated to me at yours. Imagine an entire room featuring yours truly." With that said, he winked and started rummaging in the basket for another treat to eat.

"We'll see about that. If it's meant to be, it'll be," he replied in response to the concept of a double date. "You know I have no problems being the third wheel though. But if that isn't desirable, then I could consider being in a throuple with you both. You know, after going over the terms and conditions with my agent first, of course." That cheeky grin was still on his face. Quite the jokester, Dafydd Johanson was.

Did the question about the summer concert need to be asked? It certainly did not, though he tapped a finger on his chin, feigning contemplation. He knew he'd be there regardless out of support. "Will there be refreshments afterward or at least during the intermission? If not ... I might be busy..." At this point, he was struggling to maintain a straight face.

Old 08-27-2023, 12:58 AM   #33 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Dafydd couldn't help but roll his eyes at the comment Jude had made about the people he had met most likely being boring. It did make him chuckle, however. "I wouldn't say they're boring. It's more to do with circumstance. Sometimes working my charm is appropriate, other times it isn't. And some people just come and go." Another chuckle sounded from him when an ultimatum was made. "Deal. End of summer it is."

A grin quickly grew on his face when asked about seeing a large version of the picture that had been taken at his place. "Oh, don't be so silly, Jude. You know I'm not that vain," he responded quite honestly. But then came the teasing: "However, I know how much you would love a shrine dedicated to me at yours. Imagine an entire room featuring yours truly." With that said, he winked and started rummaging in the basket for another treat to eat.

"We'll see about that. If it's meant to be, it'll be," he replied in response to the concept of a double date. "You know I have no problems being the third wheel though. But if that isn't desirable, then I could consider being in a throuple with you both. You know, after going over the terms and conditions with my agent first, of course." That cheeky grin was still on his face. Quite the jokester, Dafydd Johanson was.

Did the question about the summer concert need to be asked? It certainly did not, though he tapped a finger on his chin, feigning contemplation. He knew he'd be there regardless out of support. "Will there be refreshments afterward or at least during the intermission? If not ... I might be busy..." At this point, he was struggling to maintain a straight face.

Jude honestly couldn’t say that he fully understood his friend’s plight, having been in a steady relationship for three years now with his first boyfriend. But he wasn’t about to pass any judgement about anything other than anyone who wasn't smitten with Daf’s charm was just outright silly. But there was a deal in place now! This made Jude VERY happy, this prospect of playing matchmaker!

There was a playful snort on his part. “Sure, you’re not.” The level of Daf’s vanity did not matter to Jude. It was the friendship they shared that was. That was why he threw back his head to laugh heartily. “Oh man! Daf!” Tears of mirth actually pooled in his eyes. “You’re hilarious but don’t you think that Davet will think that’s going too far? Let’s say that I lose my mind and actually do such a wild thing, Dav will surely break up with me. Then I’ll be your problem because I’ll come moping and crying to you!’’

Jude rolled his eyes though he grinned immediately afterwards. “We won’t mind having you as a third wheel at all! As a throuple, you and your agent would find yourself having to sort through a MUCH lengthier terms and conditions because I’m sure to put together a list that’ll overwhelm you!” This dancer could joke right back!

It was at this point that he was quite tempted to take his shoe and throw it at his friend. Just for the laughs, you know. “Um… I don’t think there’ll be? I mean, you’re there to admire us and give us your FULL attention.” Jude too was trying not to laugh and was quite pleased to say that he maintained quite the solemn expression. How un-Jude like of him.

Old 08-27-2023, 04:44 PM   #34 (permalink)

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
Theodore supposed that her story sounded plausible, although that would be an extremely skilled bird. If it was trying to poop into his mouth, then that would be much more believable. Those things always pooped in the most irritating of places. "Hm." He mumbled quietly. "Very strange. But thank Merlin you were here." He was really, really thick to have not pieced together what had really happened, but perhaps he was blinded by this angel.

His manner was suddenly much more composed after shaking off the terror of choking, and he was now offering the lady a very charming smile, "Please, let me buy you a drink, or something, to show my gratitude." She should appreciate this because Theodore was horrendous at being charming, but he just sincerely hoped that his offer wasn't rejected. He was oh-so used to that happening. Either that or he just had a knack for attracting frosty people.

"Name's Theo, by the way." If she wanted to know. :3
It was hard to suppress her smile when he seemingly believed her story, and in order to effectively do so she fished into her purse to pull out an extra water bottle - flat this time - and took a sip to give her lips something else to do. Years of being the youngest of four brothers and having a doting father certainly prepared her for spinning false tales. And it was probably just because of that spoiled nature that she still hadn’t gotten over her exaggerations now that she was in her 30s. “Just happy to do my part.”

An eyebrow raised a bit when he offered to buy her a drink, but she certainly was not one who would ever turn down free refreshments. “You don’t need to. But if it’d make you feel better, I’d be happy to accept.” It was false modesty of course, probably only barely masked if it even was at all. As for being charming? He certainly did have some to him - it was honestly nice to see someone who didn’t make it seem that easy as that was the vibe she got from the Quidditch players she saw so often and it was honestly boring at this point for her. Interaction with someone who also seemed sweet was a nice change. Who knew, maybe she’d even feel guilty later for her actions.

The introduction confirmed her suspicions he had not noticed her around the office like she had. She was nearly offended, but decided it would be more fun to just see if after this he did spot her. “Pleasure to meet you, Theo. I’m Rosemary.”

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start
Chelliephone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 04:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Quote:
Jude honestly couldn’t say that he fully understood his friend’s plight, having been in a steady relationship for three years now with his first boyfriend. But he wasn’t about to pass any judgement about anything other than anyone who wasn't smitten with Daf’s charm was just outright silly. But there was a deal in place now! This made Jude VERY happy, this prospect of playing matchmaker!

There was a playful snort on his part. “Sure, you’re not.” The level of Daf’s vanity did not matter to Jude. It was the friendship they shared that was. That was why he threw back his head to laugh heartily. “Oh man! Daf!” Tears of mirth actually pooled in his eyes. “You’re hilarious but don’t you think that Davet will think that’s going too far? Let’s say that I lose my mind and actually do such a wild thing, Dav will surely break up with me. Then I’ll be your problem because I’ll come moping and crying to you!’’

Jude rolled his eyes though he grinned immediately afterwards. “We won’t mind having you as a third wheel at all! As a throuple, you and your agent would find yourself having to sort through a MUCH lengthier terms and conditions because I’m sure to put together a list that’ll overwhelm you!” This dancer could joke right back!

It was at this point that he was quite tempted to take his shoe and throw it at his friend. Just for the laughs, you know. “Um… I don’t think there’ll be? I mean, you’re there to admire us and give us your FULL attention.” Jude too was trying not to laugh and was quite pleased to say that he maintained quite the solemn expression. How un-Jude like of him.
The pair couldn't have been any more different when it came to the dating world and relationships. Not that there was anything wrong with that. Daf was more than happy for his friend being in a steady relationship. As for him, he couldn't say that it was high on his priority list at this point in his life. Regardless, now the challenge had been made: secure someone by the end of summer, otherwise Jude would be playing Cupid (which was probably going to happen). "Do I need to give you all the details about my preferences later? You know, in the event you have to find someone for me?" The list wasn't long, but he could think of more to give the likely matchmaker a challenge too.

The snort and the tears did not go unnoticed by him as he pulled out a container of fruit. A smirk returned to his face as Jude went on about how Dav would hypothetically react to such a situation. "Oh, please, Judie. Don't be so dramatic," he told him as he popped a strawberry inside his mouth. "We know you would never do such a thing. Which is why I would need to get Dav in on the whole ordeal. How else would I get into your flat to install such a magnificent display of art?" Consider it a surprise, not that it would be much of a surprise now that the 'masterplan' had been revealed.

A snort sounded from him, and Dafydd returned Jude's eye roll with one of his own. "Good luck with that, mate," he replied, carrying on with the playful joke going on. "I'm used to being overwhelmed with medical information and having to retain it. So your terms and conditions will be a walk in the park." It was at this point he stuck out his tongue.

The straight face he was trying to pull wasn't working very well. However, the confirmation of there being a lack of refreshments and Jude's solemn expression pushed him to not that that smile tugging on his lips beat him. "No refreshments? That is such a bummer. They should reconsider, in the event the concert is a total flop. And having to admire you for that long? That's going to be draining without any sustenance." He then made an expression that clearly screamed oh-woe-is-me, only for the corners of his lips to subtly curve into the beginnings of a smile.

Old 09-05-2023, 11:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
The pair couldn't have been any more different when it came to the dating world and relationships. Not that there was anything wrong with that. Daf was more than happy for his friend being in a steady relationship. As for him, he couldn't say that it was high on his priority list at this point in his life. Regardless, now the challenge had been made: secure someone by the end of summer, otherwise Jude would be playing Cupid (which was probably going to happen). "Do I need to give you all the details about my preferences later? You know, in the event you have to find someone for me?" The list wasn't long, but he could think of more to give the likely matchmaker a challenge too.

The snort and the tears did not go unnoticed by him as he pulled out a container of fruit. A smirk returned to his face as Jude went on about how Dav would hypothetically react to such a situation. "Oh, please, Judie. Don't be so dramatic," he told him as he popped a strawberry inside his mouth. "We know you would never do such a thing. Which is why I would need to get Dav in on the whole ordeal. How else would I get into your flat to install such a magnificent display of art?" Consider it a surprise, not that it would be much of a surprise now that the 'masterplan' had been revealed.

A snort sounded from him, and Dafydd returned Jude's eye roll with one of his own. "Good luck with that, mate," he replied, carrying on with the playful joke going on. "I'm used to being overwhelmed with medical information and having to retain it. So your terms and conditions will be a walk in the park." It was at this point he stuck out his tongue.

The straight face he was trying to pull wasn't working very well. However, the confirmation of there being a lack of refreshments and Jude's solemn expression pushed him to not that that smile tugging on his lips beat him. "No refreshments? That is such a bummer. They should reconsider, in the event the concert is a total flop. And having to admire you for that long? That's going to be draining without any sustenance." He then made an expression that clearly screamed oh-woe-is-me, only for the corners of his lips to subtly curve into the beginnings of a smile.

Even though an agreement about the challenge was made, by no means did Jude intend to pressure his friend into fulfilling it. If there was anything he had learnt, it was that one shouldn't rush relationships, and that they formed when one was least expecting it. Still, the thought of playing matchmaker was intriguing! He threw Daf a haughty look. “Really? As if I don’t already know you.” Excuse this overly sensitive young man for being stung at Daf’s question. “Unless you developed new preferences between the time we graduated from Hogwarts and now?”

Jude held his hands up in mock surrender. “Sorry, sorry. Being dramatic is your thing, I forgot.” Grinning, he reached for fruit as well. He enjoyed listening to Daf scheming; popping blueberries in the process while he observed his friend was extremely enjoyable. “Ugh. You’re totally taking advantage of Dav’s kind heartedness and love for me.” He prodded the other young man playfully in the shoulder.

He made a comical face. “Aren’t you the confident one?” It was a really attractive trait though. “You should use that confidence to snag a partner. Be sure to throw in that you’re an aspiring Healer! Then again, if you’re using these tips already, you must be doing it wrong.” Jude wiggled his brows playfully before helping himself to some butterbeer.

“I’ll be sure to pass your input onto the planning coordinators,’’ Jude happily commented, lifting the butterbeer bottle to toast Daf on his brilliant idea. “That’s not the tune you sang when we were dormmies, Daf. My face was the last thing you wanted to see every night before you slept and the first when you woke, was it not?” Jude smiled innocently. Ah, those Hogwarts days! He missed them!

Old 09-12-2023, 09:55 PM   #37 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Quote:
Even though an agreement about the challenge was made, by no means did Jude intend to pressure his friend into fulfilling it. If there was anything he had learnt, it was that one shouldn't rush relationships, and that they formed when one was least expecting it. Still, the thought of playing matchmaker was intriguing! He threw Daf a haughty look. “Really? As if I don’t already know you.” Excuse this overly sensitive young man for being stung at Daf’s question. “Unless you developed new preferences between the time we graduated from Hogwarts and now?”

Jude held his hands up in mock surrender. “Sorry, sorry. Being dramatic is your thing, I forgot.” Grinning, he reached for fruit as well. He enjoyed listening to Daf scheming; popping blueberries in the process while he observed his friend was extremely enjoyable. “Ugh. You’re totally taking advantage of Dav’s kind heartedness and love for me.” He prodded the other young man playfully in the shoulder.

He made a comical face. “Aren’t you the confident one?” It was a really attractive trait though. “You should use that confidence to snag a partner. Be sure to throw in that you’re an aspiring Healer! Then again, if you’re using these tips already, you must be doing it wrong.” Jude wiggled his brows playfully before helping himself to some butterbeer.

“I’ll be sure to pass your input onto the planning coordinators,’’ Jude happily commented, lifting the butterbeer bottle to toast Daf on his brilliant idea. “That’s not the tune you sang when we were dormmies, Daf. My face was the last thing you wanted to see every night before you slept and the first when you woke, was it not?” Jude smiled innocently. Ah, those Hogwarts days! He missed them!
Pressure or not, Dafydd honestly didn't mind this little agreement, considering he was, more often than not, in a committed relationship with his pre-healer studies. While that was incredibly important to him, so was human interaction -- and finding someone, or at least dating here and there, did sound nice. "No need to be so sour," he responded lightly before explaining. "I just meant if there are any specific pieces of information you needed to know ... you know, to help. But, no, you're right. You could write a book about me. You should write a book about me, and give it to whatever gal or guy you deem fit for me. We already have the cover photo."

As he continued to chew on that strawberry, he couldn't help but roll his eyes in response to the comment about him being the dramatic one. The thought of questioning who was going to a dramatic arts school did cross his mind, but Daf knew this banter was all in good fun. "I wouldn't say I'd be taking advantage of him," he said with a shrug and a grin on his face. "If anything, I think he'd want to contribute my letting me in to redecorate." Then the shoulder prodding happened, which he returned. "And he'd be getting to share the room with you too, so definitely a win-win situation." He stuck out his tongue at his friend before reaching for another strawberry.

He had to admit that Jude had a good point, but Dafydd was not going to voice that out loud. They, after all, had to keep each other's egos balanced. "Confident, yes, but you know I don't like to flaunt it around just anyone." In general, he was quite humble, though perhaps the confidence came out more when he was playing the role of jokester and not taking things too seriously. But he laughed at Jude. "Well, then, Love Guru Anders, tell me all the ways of how to snag a partner."

Seeing his pal reach for a butterbeer and raise his bottle for a toast, Daf did the same. "Passing that on will only enhance the experience for everyone. As former Hufflepuffs, we know the magic food and drink can do for an event." The butterbeer bottle was brought to his lips, and the drink was on the verge of coming out of his nose because Jude's comment had amused him. "Oh, please. Who was it that was always sneaking into my bed for friend cuddles during those stormy nights?" Two could play this game. They had been for years.

Old 09-16-2023, 03:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
Pressure or not, Dafydd honestly didn't mind this little agreement, considering he was, more often than not, in a committed relationship with his pre-healer studies. While that was incredibly important to him, so was human interaction -- and finding someone, or at least dating here and there, did sound nice. "No need to be so sour," he responded lightly before explaining. "I just meant if there are any specific pieces of information you needed to know ... you know, to help. But, no, you're right. You could write a book about me. You should write a book about me, and give it to whatever gal or guy you deem fit for me. We already have the cover photo."

As he continued to chew on that strawberry, he couldn't help but roll his eyes in response to the comment about him being the dramatic one. The thought of questioning who was going to a dramatic arts school did cross his mind, but Daf knew this banter was all in good fun. "I wouldn't say I'd be taking advantage of him," he said with a shrug and a grin on his face. "If anything, I think he'd want to contribute my letting me in to redecorate." Then the shoulder prodding happened, which he returned. "And he'd be getting to share the room with you too, so definitely a win-win situation." He stuck out his tongue at his friend before reaching for another strawberry.

He had to admit that Jude had a good point, but Dafydd was not going to voice that out loud. They, after all, had to keep each other's egos balanced. "Confident, yes, but you know I don't like to flaunt it around just anyone." In general, he was quite humble, though perhaps the confidence came out more when he was playing the role of jokester and not taking things too seriously. But he laughed at Jude. "Well, then, Love Guru Anders, tell me all the ways of how to snag a partner."

Seeing his pal reach for a butterbeer and raise his bottle for a toast, Daf did the same. "Passing that on will only enhance the experience for everyone. As former Hufflepuffs, we know the magic food and drink can do for an event." The butterbeer bottle was brought to his lips, and the drink was on the verge of coming out of his nose because Jude's comment had amused him. "Oh, please. Who was it that was always sneaking into my bed for friend cuddles during those stormy nights?" Two could play this game. They had been for years.

Sorry, Daf! It couldn’t have been helped that Jude got all caught up in his feelings. But he bounced out of it soon enough, especially when his friend cracked that joke. “I think the cover picture alone will lure readers in should I choose to publish that book.” He winked. There was heavy truth to Daf’s words though: Jude did know more than quite a bit about his friend.

Sometimes… sometimes Jude got such a kick out of Daf’s replies that he decided it was to best leave their banter right where it was. “Fineee, you’re not taking advantage of him, then,’’ came his response, his voice shaking with mirth. He then proceeded to swat at Daf’s prodding finger with an apple. “Again… fineee, I’m beginning to see the well thought out plan you have there! No wonder you’re taking on Healer studies, a lovely way to put that big brain of yours to good use."

Jude gave a mock bow. “That I DO know all too well and I’m honoured you choose to share it all with me. I mean, when you’re a fancy, famous Healer, I’ll get to say ‘That’s my close friend! I know things about him that you’ll NEVER know!’.” Head tilted to one side, the young man considered the question. “Definitely do not overdo the confidence. You can be subtle about it by maintaining eye contact at all times, using a level but firm voice when speaking about whatever topic. Definitely be your lovable, funny self…” Winning tips there for you, Daf!

Jude chugged down some butterbeer after the toast. It was extra delicious on this warm day. “I don’t think anyone understands food as much as we do. That being said, I do rather miss the house elves’ smashing cooking.” Jude laughed heartily. “Well, you are an excellent cuddler, especially when I was dealing with a broken heart. I must concede that even if it’s at the expense of swelling your ego a zillion times. Ugg, It was a mistake as I don't think you'll be able to lift yourself off the ground anytime soon!

Old 09-25-2023, 01:36 AM   #39 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Quote:
Sorry, Daf! It couldn’t have been helped that Jude got all caught up in his feelings. But he bounced out of it soon enough, especially when his friend cracked that joke. “I think the cover picture alone will lure readers in should I choose to publish that book.” He winked. There was heavy truth to Daf’s words though: Jude did know more than quite a bit about his friend.

Sometimes… sometimes Jude got such a kick out of Daf’s replies that he decided it was to best leave their banter right where it was. “Fineee, you’re not taking advantage of him, then,’’ came his response, his voice shaking with mirth. He then proceeded to swat at Daf’s prodding finger with an apple. “Again… fineee, I’m beginning to see the well thought out plan you have there! No wonder you’re taking on Healer studies, a lovely way to put that big brain of yours to good use."

Jude gave a mock bow. “That I DO know all too well and I’m honoured you choose to share it all with me. I mean, when you’re a fancy, famous Healer, I’ll get to say ‘That’s my close friend! I know things about him that you’ll NEVER know!’.” Head tilted to one side, the young man considered the question. “Definitely do not overdo the confidence. You can be subtle about it by maintaining eye contact at all times, using a level but firm voice when speaking about whatever topic. Definitely be your lovable, funny self…” Winning tips there for you, Daf!

Jude chugged down some butterbeer after the toast. It was extra delicious on this warm day. “I don’t think anyone understands food as much as we do. That being said, I do rather miss the house elves’ smashing cooking.” Jude laughed heartily. “Well, you are an excellent cuddler, especially when I was dealing with a broken heart. I must concede that even if it’s at the expense of swelling your ego a zillion times. Ugg, It was a mistake as I don't think you'll be able to lift yourself off the ground anytime soon!
The comment in return and the wink caused Dafydd to laugh. "An enticing title is always a good start. Any ideas on what you'll be calling this masterpiece? A title is just as equally important to give readers a glimpse of what they'll be getting into." There was, of course, a saying that one shouldn't judge a book by its cover. However, a picture really could say a thousand words and a good title really sold the image. If anyone could capture him in a snapshot, it would be Jude.

A grin appeared on his face. "Can you say that again? I'd like that on the record," he said as he pulled out his phone and opened a voice recording app, allowing the teasing to carry on before he set the device down. "It really is a wonderful idea. Just imagine what a statement it'll make, and you will have the comfort of knowing that in a way I will always be around." He swatted back at the swatting until he gave up and returned his attention momentarily to popping a bit of food inside his mouth. "Yeah. I will likely make a better healer than an interior designer though."

He chuckled at the bow and the my-close-friend-is-a-famous-healer bit. "Oh, please, Jude. You'll be famous before I am, so I'll have the pleasure of saying that and being your secret keeper." Now it was his turn to wink before his expression became more serious as he took in the advice that his friend had to offer him. "Keep the ego in check, maintain normal eye contact, speak clearly, and be myself. Sounds easy enough." Truthfully he'd have to say that he did most of those things already. But the words coming from his friend were reassuring.

"The house elves' cooking is definitely something that I miss about Hogwarts. Really the entire kitchen, its close proximity, and the endless supply of food," Daf reminisced before the topic of their conversation shifted to those friendly dorm cuddles. "Oh, no, this is just too much! I can feel my head inflating at an alertly fast rate," he replied, placing a hand on his forehead, before letting out a fit of laughter. "But I do give excellent cuddles. I'm glad to have been of service."

Old 10-01-2023, 12:26 AM   #40 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:
The comment in return and the wink caused Dafydd to laugh. "An enticing title is always a good start. Any ideas on what you'll be calling this masterpiece? A title is just as equally important to give readers a glimpse of what they'll be getting into." There was, of course, a saying that one shouldn't judge a book by its cover. However, a picture really could say a thousand words and a good title really sold the image. If anyone could capture him in a snapshot, it would be Jude.

A grin appeared on his face. "Can you say that again? I'd like that on the record," he said as he pulled out his phone and opened a voice recording app, allowing the teasing to carry on before he set the device down. "It really is a wonderful idea. Just imagine what a statement it'll make, and you will have the comfort of knowing that in a way I will always be around." He swatted back at the swatting until he gave up and returned his attention momentarily to popping a bit of food inside his mouth. "Yeah. I will likely make a better healer than an interior designer though."

He chuckled at the bow and the my-close-friend-is-a-famous-healer bit. "Oh, please, Jude. You'll be famous before I am, so I'll have the pleasure of saying that and being your secret keeper." Now it was his turn to wink before his expression became more serious as he took in the advice that his friend had to offer him. "Keep the ego in check, maintain normal eye contact, speak clearly, and be myself. Sounds easy enough." Truthfully he'd have to say that he did most of those things already. But the words coming from his friend were reassuring.

"The house elves' cooking is definitely something that I miss about Hogwarts. Really the entire kitchen, its close proximity, and the endless supply of food," Daf reminisced before the topic of their conversation shifted to those friendly dorm cuddles. "Oh, no, this is just too much! I can feel my head inflating at an alertly fast rate," he replied, placing a hand on his forehead, before letting out a fit of laughter. "But I do give excellent cuddles. I'm glad to have been of service."

Jude tapped his chin thoughtfully. “You’re absolutely right, of course. The title should be eye-catching as well, hmmm.” While this much was true, he knew the biggest attention grabber would be a photo of Daf. “How about this? ‘Hunky Healer: How To Achieve Your Dreams While Appearing To Not Age A Day’. Too lengthy? If it is, I’m sure we can shorten the title but yeah. That’s how we get started on a bestseller!” He threw in a wink.

The phone was eyed. “I will do no such thing, thank you very much,’’ Jude replied smoothly, quite ignoring the phone and reaching for a tuna sandwich. His stomach had so much space left despite him having consumed much already. “In any case, you’d better always be around. I mean, I know you’ll be a big shot Healer and all but…” That’s right ex-roomie! Healer, interior designer, it didn’t matter. You’d better not forget your friend!

It was a fact that Jude often forgot he was on the path to stardom and therefore would be famous. He spent a lot of his time thinking and worrying about his closest friends drifting away from him that he didn’t stop to think that he would be the one a lot busier than them. Daf’s words earned a laugh. “It’s a good thing I know you’re trustworthy! Don’t want my deep, dark secrets being spilt.” He playfully wagged a finger. “And of course, your future partner will have to pass my scrutiny. Looks, personality, intelligence, commitment level to you…” Uh huh, the entire works! Only the best for Daf!

“Kind of a miracle you never got super doughy with all the extra food,’’ Jude commented nonchalantly, now rummaging through the basket. Ooh, pickles! One was removed from the jar. Peering over at Daf, he gave an eyeroll. “As if it isn’t big and heavy already! Careful or you might need a Healer friend to perform the proper procedure for head popping.”

Old 10-21-2023, 10:37 PM   #41 (permalink)
Zoe

DMAC & DMLE
Runespoor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Logan Paton
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gillyweed Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tallulah Gamp
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Franklin Paton
Law Enforcement

x8 x8

Quote:
Jude tapped his chin thoughtfully. “You’re absolutely right, of course. The title should be eye-catching as well, hmmm.” While this much was true, he knew the biggest attention grabber would be a photo of Daf. “How about this? ‘Hunky Healer: How To Achieve Your Dreams While Appearing To Not Age A Day’. Too lengthy? If it is, I’m sure we can shorten the title but yeah. That’s how we get started on a bestseller!” He threw in a wink.

The phone was eyed. “I will do no such thing, thank you very much,’’ Jude replied smoothly, quite ignoring the phone and reaching for a tuna sandwich. His stomach had so much space left despite him having consumed much already. “In any case, you’d better always be around. I mean, I know you’ll be a big shot Healer and all but…” That’s right ex-roomie! Healer, interior designer, it didn’t matter. You’d better not forget your friend!

It was a fact that Jude often forgot he was on the path to stardom and therefore would be famous. He spent a lot of his time thinking and worrying about his closest friends drifting away from him that he didn’t stop to think that he would be the one a lot busier than them. Daf’s words earned a laugh. “It’s a good thing I know you’re trustworthy! Don’t want my deep, dark secrets being spilt.” He playfully wagged a finger. “And of course, your future partner will have to pass my scrutiny. Looks, personality, intelligence, commitment level to you…” Uh huh, the entire works! Only the best for Daf!

“Kind of a miracle you never got super doughy with all the extra food,’’ Jude commented nonchalantly, now rummaging through the basket. Ooh, pickles! One was removed from the jar. Peering over at Daf, he gave an eyeroll. “As if it isn’t big and heavy already! Careful or you might need a Healer friend to perform the proper procedure for head popping.”
Dafydd nearly choked on the food he was chewing when Jude rattled off the suggested title, which caused him to laugh. His eyes were watering at this point, whether that was from the near-choking or being incredibly amused was up for interpretation (it was both). "Definitely too long," he finally responded now that he could breathe properly again. "And maybe too revealing of a title. Should leave a bit more mystery, you know?" Then he joined in on the title brainstorming session that was clearly happening. "How does 'Intimate Remedies: Dating a Healer' sound to you?"

The pre-Healer studies student feigned disappointment the instant Jude said he could not be repeating himself for the record. A sigh sounded as he swiped out of the app and set his phone down on the blanket they were sitting on. "That's alright. I can just extract the memory and use a pensieve," he replied with a smirk. As for him always being around, there was a simple response that was given. "I'll be there, don't worry." He was going to hold his friend to the same expectation, for when he became a super famous actor.

"Yes, and if you don't want those secrets spilled, you best be nice to me all the time. You can start by doing my laundry," he teased, giving his pal a wink before he nodded as Jude went through the 'background check' that he would be making whoever wound up with him in the future go through. "That's what you're here for, Love Guru Anders. Got to make sure I find Mr. or Mrs. Right and am not wasting my time."

Yet another laugh sounded following the comment about him not getting doughy with all the food he ate. This time no food had been in his mouth, so there was no choking or coughing fit. "Loads of cardio and exercise, mate. That's the secret," he said, giving his stomach a pat. He was to briefly lift up his shirt to prove as much, but he was sure the food that had been consumed wasn't doing his abs any favours right now. "Oh, don't tempt me with a good time," he grinned as he too reached for a pickle.

Old 12-26-2023, 11:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kion Baltasar Ingebretson
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7
Default Ali :3
• HuffleStud • Knight of The Zodiac • Manly Beard-Grower • Cicatrice de Harry •

Summertime was fun time, as Ean would like to think. Despite his home not feeling quite as homey as he used to. At least the outdoors outside with his kids were one of the many comforts. And his friends, who he was expecting to bump into.

While his kids were being watched over at home, he went out for a nice jog. Eventually pausing to rest at one of the benches. Where he could take in the sights of the area.

Charely Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 12:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

SPOILER!!: Ean! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post

Summertime was fun time, as Ean would like to think. Despite his home not feeling quite as homey as he used to. At least the outdoors outside with his kids were one of the many comforts. And his friends, who he was expecting to bump into.

While his kids were being watched over at home, he went out for a nice jog. Eventually pausing to rest at one of the benches. Where he could take in the sights of the area.

With not much planned for this summer, it meant that Dhruv had a great deal of it to themself. This was fine with them as they really felt they needed to recharge after such an eventful term at Hogwarts. The relaxing time helped as the guilty feelings they had been harbouring after being returned to normal via the Mirror was diminishing. It was a good thing because who knew that their friendship would have been so needed? This meant they got to focus on that area more than wallowing in their negative feeling.

Dhruv’s time at the Park today was solely for two purposes: one: to, of course, continue to keep themself in shape with the usual jogs and two: to check up on Ean. They were rewarded with the latter about half an hour into their time at the Park.

“Ean!” Dhruv brought themself to a halt before the bench. “Hey.” Their breathing was only slightly heavy so they were using this pause to bright it back to normal. “Are you done with your run for today?”

Old 12-27-2023, 11:56 PM   #44 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:

With not much planned for this summer, it meant that Dhruv had a great deal of it to themself. This was fine with them as they really felt they needed to recharge after such an eventful term at Hogwarts. The relaxing time helped as the guilty feelings they had been harbouring after being returned to normal via the Mirror was diminishing. It was a good thing because who knew that their friendship would have been so needed? This meant they got to focus on that area more than wallowing in their negative feeling.

Dhruv’s time at the Park today was solely for two purposes: one: to, of course, continue to keep themself in shape with the usual jogs and two: to check up on Ean. They were rewarded with the latter about half an hour into their time at the Park.

“Ean!” Dhruv brought themself to a halt before the bench. “Hey.” Their breathing was only slightly heavy so they were using this pause to bright it back to normal. “Are you done with your run for today?”

Ean could only smile at the sight of his dear friend, "Dhruv!" It hadn't been that long ago since the Mirror situation was resolved, but these past couple of months have more than made up for their absence during that time. "You thirsty?" Offering them a water bottle from his pockets that may or may not have an extendable charm in place. "I've been resting for a bit, was planning on waiting on my second wind before heading back. But it sounds like you could use the break too." Gesturing the free spot on the bench. Speaking of breaks, since his home situation was on the awkward side, he was plenty relieved to have another reason to be out. Though he did have some guilt for taking up one of his friend's time. "Thanks for meeting me out here, were you planning to only jog out today?"

Old 12-28-2023, 01:39 AM   #45 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:

Ean could only smile at the sight of his dear friend, "Dhruv!" It hadn't been that long ago since the Mirror situation was resolved, but these past couple of months have more than made up for their absence during that time. "You thirsty?" Offering them a water bottle from his pockets that may or may not have an extendable charm in place. "I've been resting for a bit, was planning on waiting on my second wind before heading back. But it sounds like you could use the break too." Gesturing the free spot on the bench. Speaking of breaks, since his home situation was on the awkward side, he was plenty relieved to have another reason to be out. Though he did have some guilt for taking up one of his friend's time. "Thanks for meeting me out here, were you planning to only jog out today?"

Dhruv admitted to themself that Ean looked great, and they didn’t just mean in physical terms. Then again, one’s true feelings can sometimes be easily hidden. However, a proper conversation between the two friends could help clear any doubts Dhruv might have. “Thanks.” They accepted the water and flopped onto the bench, beside Ean. “I see you’re prepared. Got any more water hidden away?” They were asking out of curiosity.

“I really can,’’ the DADA professor continued, quite cheerfully. It was a nice day, which only lifted their mood further. A healthy gulp of water was taken. “Not a problem. I haven’t a single thing planned today. Not to inflate your ego but recent days have been kept open for you.” With the exception of helping Daniel with his Wandless Magic, it was a pretty free summer for Dhruv. “How are you doing now, by the way?” Excuse them as they angled their head to better observe Ean.

Old 12-31-2023, 09:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
St. Mungo's Mod
WWW Mod

DERP & DMGS
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ean Zoilo Feirgrund
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Darej Ethan Patterson
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Firash Zarko Grunt
Games & Sports
x8 x7

Quote:

Dhruv admitted to themself that Ean looked great, and they didn’t just mean in physical terms. Then again, one’s true feelings can sometimes be easily hidden. However, a proper conversation between the two friends could help clear any doubts Dhruv might have. “Thanks.” They accepted the water and flopped onto the bench, beside Ean. “I see you’re prepared. Got any more water hidden away?” They were asking out of curiosity.

“I really can,’’ the DADA professor continued, quite cheerfully. It was a nice day, which only lifted their mood further. A healthy gulp of water was taken. “Not a problem. I haven’t a single thing planned today. Not to inflate your ego but recent days have been kept open for you.” With the exception of helping Daniel with his Wandless Magic, it was a pretty free summer for Dhruv. “How are you doing now, by the way?” Excuse them as they angled their head to better observe Ean.

"I do, and some sandwiches too," Ean chuckled. Which might have made this jog redundant. But a wizard's got to eat sometime, right? Taking a swig of his own water as he listened.

"How convenient. The kiddos are being watched by their other set of parents, so I'm all yours today." Whether they went adventuring together or just taking in the sights was a-okay with him. Seeing as not many were passing by them, Ean wasn't the type to open up so readily without the right time and person in mind. Today and here happened to align as he sighed. "Better these days than a couple of months ago." He said. "But, I'll be over it soon. There's better things to look forward now with the free time." Ean figured being optimistic was the best he could do for now. "What about you? You've been great fitting me into your schedule."

Old 01-01-2024, 12:13 AM   #47 (permalink)
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo

x12 x12

Quote:

"I do, and some sandwiches too," Ean chuckled. Which might have made this jog redundant. But a wizard's got to eat sometime, right? Taking a swig of his own water as he listened.

"How convenient. The kiddos are being watched by their other set of parents, so I'm all yours today." Whether they went adventuring together or just taking in the sights was a-okay with him. Seeing as not many were passing by them, Ean wasn't the type to open up so readily without the right time and person in mind. Today and here happened to align as he sighed. "Better these days than a couple of months ago." He said. "But, I'll be over it soon. There's better things to look forward now with the free time." Ean figured being optimistic was the best he could do for now. "What about you? You've been great fitting me into your schedule."

At that, Dhruv laughed and lightly jested, “Work the calories off then put them right back on, eh?” But Ean need not worry. In Dhruv’s opinion, their friend had never looked fitter; in the three years that they both had known each other, that is.

Dhruv recapped the water bottle, having chugged enough of the liquid. “Excellent! We can plan something if you like? Hiking comes to mind. Or swimming.” Anything, really, that was outdoorsy and required physical activity. Since they had quit the Ministry to take up teaching, being out and about wasn’t something that happened much unless you counted the time off that came with the holiday breaks. Dhruv angled himself so they could better get a look at Ean. Their torso was facing the other professor and one leg was resting flat on the bench. Yep, Dhruv had made himself right at home. “I like your positivity. Just don’t ignore the negative ones when they make themselves known.” Was Dhruv slightly worried about Ean? Yes. They didn’t want to see him crash and burn. “Count yourself lucky. I don’t make myself available just for anyone.” They grinned. “I’m kidding. That’s what friends are for, right?”

Old 04-18-2024, 10:04 AM   #48 (permalink)

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default hiiiiiiiiii Erik
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Calliope successfully dropped off at SYNERGY Quidditch Camp this morning and Amatheia spending the day shopping with friends in Diagon Alley (and NOT her mother, which was positively heart wrenching, for the record), Gaia was delighted to have an afternoon date with her favorite boo who was boo-hoo-ing a little less about his gorgeous locks these days thanks to some revolutionary hair care products in the new Ellsberry line. In fact, she needed to remind him that they had a photoshoot together for it later in the week - with the girls potentially if they could wrangle them both into submission - for the fall campaign buuuuuuuuuut they could talk business later.

Hand in hand with Nigel, Gaia walked towards her favorite patch of grass at St. James Park with badminton gear in her free hand. Nigel, on the other hand, had their picnic lunch (prepared by her absolute favorite Italian bistro in London that had flavors just a hair short of the comforting delights her nonna made) in his hand. "It is an absolutely gorgeous day," she smiled while freeing her hand from his to hold on to her cowgirl hat so she could lean her head back a bit to take in more of the glorious rays. "I booked us couples massages later at the place that offers those exquisite Himalayan salt stone massages, so no fussing at me for forcing you into strenuous activity outdoors. We both know you are a very vivacious stallion when you want to be."

Aha! Here was the spot! She immediately pulled him down on to the grass and completely neglected the picnic blanket nestled on top of the basket in his hand. Sometimes one simply needed to get outside and touch grass!

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:01 PM   #49 (permalink)

DERP & DMAC
Augurey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amatheia Barrington
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Barrington
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexander Brian Pappadeaux

x2 x7
Default *hides*
Treat Yo Self | +2 | Enabler | Nerd | Blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
Calliope successfully dropped off at SYNERGY Quidditch Camp this morning and Amatheia spending the day shopping with friends in Diagon Alley (and NOT her mother, which was positively heart wrenching, for the record), Gaia was delighted to have an afternoon date with her favorite boo who was boo-hoo-ing a little less about his gorgeous locks these days thanks to some revolutionary hair care products in the new Ellsberry line. In fact, she needed to remind him that they had a photoshoot together for it later in the week - with the girls potentially if they could wrangle them both into submission - for the fall campaign buuuuuuuuuut they could talk business later.

Hand in hand with Nigel, Gaia walked towards her favorite patch of grass at St. James Park with badminton gear in her free hand. Nigel, on the other hand, had their picnic lunch (prepared by her absolute favorite Italian bistro in London that had flavors just a hair short of the comforting delights her nonna made) in his hand. "It is an absolutely gorgeous day," she smiled while freeing her hand from his to hold on to her cowgirl hat so she could lean her head back a bit to take in more of the glorious rays. "I booked us couples massages later at the place that offers those exquisite Himalayan salt stone massages, so no fussing at me for forcing you into strenuous activity outdoors. We both know you are a very vivacious stallion when you want to be."

Aha! Here was the spot! She immediately pulled him down on to the grass and completely neglected the picnic blanket nestled on top of the basket in his hand. Sometimes one simply needed to get outside and touch grass!
Nigel was still wrapping his head around how synergy quidditch camps were different from normal quidditch camps since the whole point of being on a team was syngery...well ok if you are good. Just his luck to have a kid who liked quidditch. Still he was debating if that was better than the pricey things Amatheia likes to buy and wear. Pros and Cons. He was already dreading the bribe that would be needed to get them to be good during said photoshoot.

Speaking of hair care products, more would be needed or more grey hairs would appear. Can you believe he i approaching 50. Gross. He can almost remember his hair being long and glorious and silky and *sigh* He will never get over it. He opens his mouth and closes it again because he was going to make a complaint about too much physical activity.

"Am i now being compared to a stallion. I don't know how to feel about that. Guess its better than being grizzled and old so guess ill take it. Massage almost makes up for it"

He wont say she is right that it was a great day because it was obvious and this was planned.

"Finally touching some grass. Its been ages. I'm soaking it in"

-------------------------------------Be a pineapple: Stand tall,
-----------------------------------------wear a crown, and be sweet on the inside.
oh its Erik ok is offline   Reply With Quote