Thread: Days Like These
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2004, 11:40 PM   #52 (permalink)
Jennifer_w
Hogwarts Poltergeist
News Moderator
Peeves: the lovable version
Ashwinder

Guin was hard at work under the boiling sun when she heard a distant voice behind her. "Hey Guin!" Turning around and looking up she saw a tall, long red haired man before her with an earring. "Well, if it ain't Bill Weasley!" She yelled as she got up to hug her old friend.

Bill had worked on several projects with Guin in the best year when they needed his curse breaking skills for a tomb. She had also in her younger years at hogwarts had a crush on Bill, it was around the time McGonnagal tried to get her really interested in Wizarding Archeology and had invited Bill to talk to her about Egypt, him being there several times and all. But it was only a childish crush and she had grown out of it and now had become the best of friends since she'd gotten to Egypt. "What are you doing here? I thought you went back to London?" She asked wiping off the dirt from her hands and face.

"Well I did...but then they called me back just yesterday about tomb 771." Bill told her with a sigh. "So while I was on a bit of a break I thought I'd come over and say hello." He added with a smile as he looked around the site, "Big one I see."

"Ohh you don't know the half of it!" She told him with a small laugh and sigh. "It's a nightmare really, these muggle acrheologists just don't know when to leave a tomb alone. Well thats until of course they find themselves cursed to next year." They both laughed at this and knew to well about the muggles and there ignorance towards spells.

"So then why don't you take a break Guin? Come back home to London with me? I'm sure your family will be thrilled to see you again! And I'm sure you wouldn't wanna miss the famous Potters wedding now do you?" He asked her.

"Potter? Married? Who has that boy gone off to with?" Guin asked with a laugh, "He just finished school?" She added with a surprised look. "Well if you put it that way, I really wouldn't mind taking a break and finding out what your on about." She told him with a nod. They continued to talk for a bit and then departed going back to work. But before he left she made a promise to go back home with him in the next few days, something she looked forward to. "I wonder whats going on there...." Guin thought as she went back to the site.