Thread: Moribund's Pub
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
MadAlice

Alley Proprietor

DoM
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hope Archard
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jane Elspeth Howard
Mysteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post

“Barty ye ol’ codger! Ya never invite me nowhere nice anymore. Don’t make me believe yer embarrassed ta’ be seen wit me.” The young junk man laughed, his bare left hand pulled out his chair, while his gloved right hand placed his tool belt on the table.

“What can yer buddy Finn do for ya this time? I’ve been making all sorts of toys since nobody wants to buy the dilapidated junk that shop peddles. Gotta make treasure out of trash, ya know?” Finn squinted in the dim candlelight, and took a small screwdriver from his belt, beginning to assemble some small scraps of metal.
Barty had nearly decided that Finn was going stand him up when the younger man arrived with a bang. Wincing at his loud entrance (Barty was not ashamed to be seen with him, he just wanted a bit of ... privacy from prying eyes. "Ah, Finn, I'd nearly given you up," he responded as jovially as he could manage. "So, I take it you're finding the junk shop job to your liking, then?" Barty himself had not at all enjoyed his brief sojourn as a shopkeeper several years ago--too much trouble, too many annoying people, too much noise, and not enough profit to make it worthwhile. Not to mention the snarky shrunken heads.

"Oh, business, business--what would bring me anwhere? But I came across something...unusual and you were the first person I thought of." Barty continued smiling at Finn as he drew out a large handkerchief-wrapped bundle from a deep pocket and set it tantalizingly on the table before him.
MadAlice is offline   Reply With Quote