View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 07:11 AM   #78 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
Default Auction Results are heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere!
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Upon fetching himself and Victoria little slender glasses of bubbly, he would most certainly swing back around to embarrass chat with Fletcher and his charming family later, the Minister couldn't help but swirl it the two frozen raspberries that were floating in the liquid around a bit. "Doesn't that just look delightful?" he mused to himself while giving it all another proper swirl. "A raspberry Bellini, I requested it myself of the catering team. The Bellini itself was invented over a century ago by Giuseppe Cipriani in Venice, Italy. I do enjoy the region when I do get some time to travel." Which, outside of work related affairs, had not been since his honeymoon many many moons ago. "All from the admiration of a painting, if you can believe it. Though traditionally and originally it was made with peaches. I find my pallet prefers the tart raspberry flavor, however."

All utterly unnecessary information the man was spewing, but he was suffering from a bit of nostalgia as the evening wore on.

"Oh, do pardon me for just a moment, Victoria. I believe it is time for me to announce the winners of the bidding." And with that, he took his temporary leave to ascent the little makeshift stage between the seating and auction items with the Fountain of Magical Brethren framing him in the background.

His drink in hand, he gave the glass a few taps to alert the crowd that there was an announcement to be had.

"Witches and wizards of our great community, good evening and a belated welcome to our Centennial Celebration. It is my esteemed honor to now announce the winners of our silent auction. A reminder that the proceeds will all go towards the repair effort for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and not a knut shall go to waste of your thoughtful spending." With a flick of his wand, Charles summoned the boxes to his person and, thanks to some miniature goblin figurines placed within each box who hand sorted the parchments, pulled the winning bid from each. "Please do try to hold your applause until the end," he mused before clearing his throat. Not a single bid was had on the Jollyrocket 2200 Racing Broom, which was a pity, so Charles moved on to the next racing broom which fared much better. "The winner of the Nimbus 4000 Racing Broom with a bid of 55 Galleons is one Katrina Rotheberg!" Out came the next piece of parchment. "With a staggering bid of 200 Galleons, the winner of the Moontrimmer Dlite Racing Broom is Magical Games and Sports' very own Lucas Hawthorne! The winner of the Florean Fortescue's Delectable Delight Basket is James Summers with a bid of 75 Galleons." The Minister gave pause here as one of the tiny enchanted goblins tugged on the sleeve of his robe while chattering something shrilly. "Hmm?" he mused as he leaned down so that it may show him another piece of parchment. Charles smiled warmly seeing the note therein, the offering of Gaston Marchand to have his galleon accepted even if not the winning bid. Rather than announce this, he would seek out the man later for a more intimate discussion of gratitude.

"Pardon me. Now, moving along we have the winner of the three original art pieces, which goes to Jonathan Kim with a bid of 200 Galleons!" OOOOOOOOOOH he would HAVE to tell his precious pea of a daughter about this. Perhaps they could all meet over lunch. It would be lovely. "The winner of our private robes fitting and the highest bid of the night at 500 Galleons goes to Guilia Barsi!" Impressive indeed! "The custom stationary set goes to Sterling Archer Calrissian at 30 Galleons and the rare stamp collection to Mysteries department head, Airey Flamsteed with a bid of 120 Galleons!" Charles could feel his chest swelling, perhaps even his eyes misting up a bit seeing just how many unique winners there were and how generous their contributions to the cause were. It was a beautiful moment, seeing the wizarding world come together. "James Summers will also be taking away the massive fireworks display thanks to his bid of 315 Galleons! Well done my boy!"

Setting all these boxes aside, it was time to dip into the department head 'dates'. "Priceless as the experience of spending a day with one of Ministry's own may be, we do have some definite winners to announce! Let us begin all the way down at the deepest reaches of the Ministry with Department of Mysteries head, Airey Flamsteed...congratulations to Katrina Rotheberg!" Oh this certainly was the fun bit of these announcements and yes, he was leaving the number values off these for a reason. Though there was a slight frown that tugged at the corners of his lips before he announced the next winner. "For a day with Magical Games and Sports' Victoria Culloden...congratulations Lucille Pembrooke! Congratulations to myself for a day with Magical Transportation head, Kendra Jordan-Durand. I think you may enjoy meeting one of my sons. We'll chat later." His sons were absolutely hopeless in meeting women, truly. "Congratulations to Giovanni Montanari for sagging the winning bid for a day with the Creatures head Zhuó Xiá Li!" Oh well, would you look at that! James had come out tonight! That was lovely and Charles found himself a little disappointed that he had not had a run in with him just yet. "Congratulations to James Draper for the winning bid for a day with the lovely Eliora Dodderidge! The lovely and impeccable January Bones, my right hand here at the Ministry, will be spending a day with Duncan Fletcher! I do hope the Mrs isn't jealous of that 101 Galleon bid of yours, my boy," he announced with a chuckle, somewhat oblivious to the fact that he had just announced the Galleon amount despite his intention to not do so when it came to the auctioning of his department head team. "And finally, a day with your Minister goes too...." Oh. Well then. "Victoria Culloden."

Well then.

"That concludes the results of our silent auction. A round of applause for our winners, please!" Which, of course, Charles lead off with strong clapping of his own. "And another round of applause for all our participants! Now, please enjoy the rest of your evening here at the Centennial Celebration!"

And with that, Charles removed himself from the stage and returned to Victoria's side. "Well then, Victoria. 55 Galleons, eh?" He was touched, truly. "Though would you believe that James Draper bid 200 Galleons on Eliora! He must fancy her something fierce, wouldn't you agree? I am, as Minister, capable of performing wedding ceremonies. I should let them know in case they are in need of such services."

OOC: forgive the absurdly late conclusion of the raffle <3 RL was absolutely swamped this past week.

For those who won bids with department heads, please reach out to one another to make arrangements for RPing that out! Looking forward to stalking those

The same goes for the other items - robe fitting, custom stationary, etc. Take advantage of these RP opportunities and have fun!

This thread will remain open for another few days (until Friday, November 8th) before it heads to the archives.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes