View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 04:22 AM   #131 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Shay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer11 View Post

Annnnd Shay had a partner. She was a little surprised when her newly found partner said she knew who she was. Of course Shay knew they had classes together, but she never assumed that people automatically knew who she was. Shay actually knew her partner's name, but thought it was polite to introduce herself......just in case. Anyway, she was glad that the younger girl had agreed to be her partner. "Great", she said in reply.

Shay smiled as Jessa immediately took charge and designated their roles. She had already gotten the box of supplies, so they were ready to go. When Jessa suggested that she could start, and Shay could do the next part, Shay agreed. "That sounds like a good plan to me." As long as they both got a chance to do each spell, everything would be fine.

Jessa seemed to have the popcorn popping under control, so Shay took the bowl of butter and pulled out her wand. She positioned it above the butter and made a flame shape. "Calefacio", she said, while moving her wand over the butter. After a second or two, she could see the butter begin to melt. She tried hard to concentrate, so she could keep the spell going. "Ok, it's melting. You can start adding the other ingredients now."

Shay kept her wand moving over the butter, making sure to keep the heat even. "Once we get the "sauce" finished, we can both make the popcorn balls and then each cool half of them." Made sense, yeah? Hopefully they would get to sample their work before the class was over.

She'd been hoping she hadn't come across as too pushy when she gave her suggestion but if Shay minded, she certainly didn't say anything about it. On the contrary, she jumped right on it, warming the butter.

Jessa peered over into the bowl, seeing the butter melting for herself just as the older girl mentioned it to her. "Right, I'm on it!" The 13 year old measured out 1/2 teaspoon of salt, a cup of molasses and a cup of white sugar from the ingredients she'd collected then slowly began adding each. While she added them, Jessa grabbed a wooden spoon from the counter and began to stir it all in together.

Occasionally she glanced down at her watch, though she was pretty sure Shay was keeping an eye on the time too.

It was the right decision allowing her to do the spell at this point. Going through the 5 minutes now, Jessa was all the more certain she wouldn't have been able to keep it up this long. The girl didn't even falter with it even once. Must've been nice. She couldn't wait til she got to the point where spells weren't a problem for her either.

"Aaannnd done." That was the end of the five minutes and the start of the next step. "Yeah, we can make them together." She agreed, reaching for the bowl and nudging it toward her so she could pour their mixture on it. "You pour and I'll stir."

SPOILER!!: Recipe
Ingredients
  • 2 cups unpopped popcorn
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup molasses
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions
  1. Pour unpopped popcorn into one bowl. Pop corn using a heating charm (Calefacio).
  2. In the other bowl, melt butter using a heating charm. While one partner is doing this, the other stirs in the sugar, molasses, and salt. Continue to heat by moving wand evenly over the entire surface of the mixture. This process should take about 5 minutes.
  3. Pour mixture over corn, while stirring popcorn thoroughly. Butter hands lightly. Shape popcorn into 12 to 14 balls, and decorate with candy bits if desired.
  4. Cool finished popcorn balls with a cooling charm (Frigidus), and enjoy!

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.