FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!

Hogwarts RPG

Students: 9872
Classes: 15
Professors: 12

View Points

Members

There are 1181 users online including...
KeithZinue , Andreasrkf , Natashaopu , Chelliephone , Holmesian Feline , Eldarvne , Ver , Kimothy , Kennethsab , maximllon

15 members
1166 guests.

Members in Chat:

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > Floo Network (Extra Fun) > Honeydukes (FanFiction) > Honeydukes Register (Finished FanFiction) > Finished Fanworks > Honeydukes Cellar (Incomplete FF)

Honeydukes Cellar (Incomplete FF) Here is the home to those stories who didn't quite get told in full.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2005, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Lightbulb Sirius Black's Second Chance - Sa9+
The Sweetest Thing Lissy De Vil

Banner by the Most Awesome Mikky Mu!!!

Introduction:

I'd like to start off by introducing myself. My name is Lissydove (Lissy to my close friends) and this is my third fan-fic. Currently, I have a fic called One Ravenclaw's Pursuit of Love, Friendship and a Little Attention in the Romance section and Operation Matchmaker! in the comedy section here at SS Grimmauld Place. You may be asking, isn't that enough? "Why, Lissy, are you moved to start another thread?" Answer: "I can't help myself!" I've had this idea for awhile and lately it has been taking up my creative thoughts. So I feel the need to put it in writing.

Those who know me realize that I am a Marauders fan and the topic here will not surprise them. What I hope is that I have written a story on the subject of Sirius, post OOTP and post veil in a way that you all haven't seen before (though it won't be evident in the first post), *shrugs* I know I haven't. I hope that the seasoned fan-fic readers and Sirius lovers out there will enjoy this as well as all casual readers. As my loyal readers know, I rarely take the traditional point of view in my writing.

Dedication: This fic is hereby dedicated to four lovely ladies whom I love very much. They each know individually how much they mean to me, but I wanted to let them know how much they are appreciated:

Tina (XoxXtinaxox09)
Katy (aiangel327)
Ally (ally221289)
LadyV (Aingil an Spéir)

You all keep me going, as do all of my cherished readers! You are the best! Thank you for being here for me! I'm very lucky to have you.

Sirius Black’s Second Chance

The Other Side of the Veil

Sirius Black’s head was pounding. He felt as though he had been hit with something hard, repeatedly. Perhaps he’d just had one too many firewhiskeys. That wouldn’t be a first. Unfortunately, he felt like he should be remembering something. What? He raised his arm to cover his face. Something was blinding him, which did nothing for the state of his headache. He groaned and rolled over. It was at this point that he realized two things: one, that he was lying down and two, that he was getting wet. He sat up in surprise “What the…?” Then the rest came back to him: leaving Grimmauld Place, the Department of Mysteries, Harry… Harry! What happened to Harry? Sirius sprang to his feet, wand in hand. He braved the bright light and opened his eyes. And found himself… alone… outside.

Overhead, the sky was clear and sunny. It was a pleasant summer day by all observations, but how did he get here? Sirius could see the indentation in the grass where he had been lying and the early morning dew that had begun seeping through his clothing. There were, of course no signs of the struggle he had left behind… How long ago? There was no way to tell for sure. But it had been night time when he last knew what was going on. The last thing he could remember was his cousin. Bellatrix had hit him with something… The pain behind his eyes told him it was something powerful and that he was lucky to have survived. Now he was outside and apparently far away from the action. His eyes raked the landscape and could only see grass and rolling rocky hills that went on for miles. Nearby, at the top of one of such hills was an archway. A thin veil or curtain hung from it, fluttering in the breeze. Sirius recognized it instantly; he had just seen one in the Department of Mysteries. It must be a gateway of some kind, which meant he should be able to go back. He ran up the hill to the arch, but he needn’t have bothered. Just as he reached the stone archway, the veil fluttered one last time and disappeared. Recklessly, he tried to walk through the stone structure, only to come out the other side on the same rocky hill. The gateway, or whatever it was, had closed.

“Harry! No!” he shouted in anguish, not worrying who might hear. It was painfully evident that he was nowhere near any towns or dwellings. He reached out and placed his hands on the cold unforgiving stone and knew that he wasn’t going to get it to work again; he had no idea what kind magic enchanted it. He rested his face on his hands and tried to think. Well, he had no idea where he was for one thing, though his instincts told him that he was still in Great Britain, probably north, judging from the landscape. He would guess Scotland. He needed to find a town of some kind where he could discreetly contact the Order. He could try to apparate a few times until he got his bearing. It was dangerous for a wizard to apparate over long distances when he did not know where he was, but he'd have to try it. It was as good of a plan as any.

Sirius sighed and moved away from the arch and… went nowhere. He tried to disapparate again, with no result. Again. What was going on? He growled in frustration. Well, if he had to travel on foot, he would be faster on four legs then on two. This way, he could also approach any towns unnoticed. He attempted to adopt his animagus form of a great black dog. Unfortunately, once again, nothing happened. He looked at his hands in astonishment, they were still hands and not paws and he was clearly still standing on two legs! He couldn’t believe it! Was he bereft of all magical ability for some reason? What could this mean? He was slowly beginning to feel frantic. As a test, he raised his wand and tried a simple spell:

Wingardium Leviosa!” The stone he had been pointing at floated into the air obediently. Angrily he tossed it away and tried some different spells, and they too had the desired result. In frustration, he aimed a stunner at the ground and sent a large clump of dirt and dust into the air. Satisfied with that, he aimed a few more stunners out of sheer ire. Clearly he could do magic, but why couldn’t he disapparate or use his animagus form? Or do anything that would get him out of this ruddy place and closer to Harry?

He vented his anger to the sky once more, but knew it wasn’t getting him anywhere. He would have to walk, for now. He wasn’t worried about his ability to make his way in the wilderness, he had traveled and foraged for himself while on the run from the Ministry. He had just never been quite this pressed for time. Anything could be happening to Harry at this moment and Sirius was powerless to help him. He gritted his teeth and made a decision. He turned south and started to walk, with only his thoughts for company. How could he have failed his Godson so badly?

He traveled all day, the landscape not changing much. Nor was there any sign of human habitation, wizard or muggle. He would have to take a break. There was no help for it. It would do Harry no good if he pushed himself to exhaustion and not be able to go on. Nearby, there was a stream that he had recently begun to follow. He knelt down by it’s edge and splashed cool water onto his face. Perhaps after a drink and something to eat, he could continue to travel into the night. He leaned over and cupped his hands to get more water. The stream was a very slow moving one at this time of year and reflected his face like a mirror. What he saw caused him to recoil in fear and shout out in surprise…

:evillaugh

Some response posts (so I know you're out there!) will get you some more!

... ETHICAL ... ORGANIZED ... ARTISTIC ...

Last edited by Lissydove; 10-10-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Woo Hoo!!! Stopping in to see that I'm up!! *dances*

I just wanted to add to my introduction (for those who don't know me well) that I do realize that in canon Sirius is dead (I'm not that badly in denial). I just have a hard time accepting it... So here's another take on a Sirius fic!

Old 07-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
You say Weird...
I say Original
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Afia
Fourth

omg. that was briliant!

siggy.made.by.me

divorced.from.reality.tied.to.insanity
Old 07-05-2005, 05:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Fairy Lights
Snuffles Gold Biscuits
Billywig

Default Quote time!

Hey!

Yay, I found it. I love it Lissy! Brilliant idea.

Quote:
Perhaps he’d just had one too many firewhiskeys
-pets Sirius- I would be high on firewhiskey if i was in his position...
Quote:

Bellatrix had hit him with something…
Grrrr... Bellatrix

Quote:
In frustration, he aimed a stunner at the ground and sent a large clump of dirt and dust into the air.
Let all your anger out Sirius.
Quote:

How could he have failed his Godson so badly?
If only he knew...

Quote:
What he saw caused him to recoil in fear and shout out in surprise…
Muahahha. I know what it is!

All I can say is... PAMS!

Allyx

Old 07-05-2005, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Si

Resident Movie Critic
Sphinx

Ministry RPG Name:
Francesca Clairmonte
Seelow ☆ Overnight Celebrity ☆ Perky! ☆ Harley Quinn

Hey Lissy! I'm really liking this so far! Perfect introduction! Can't wait to read more, my sissy!

~Sierra~
Old 07-06-2005, 03:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annabelle Lee Costas
First Year
ツ Zonko's Fanatic Forever! | Sirius Stalker | ShruckleNooferian ツ

Quote:
Currently, I have a fic called One Ravenclaw's Pursuit of Love, Friendship and a Little Attention in the Romance section and Operation Matchmaker! in the comedy section here at SS Grimmauld Place. You may be asking, isn't that enough?
NO!!!!!!!!!IT’S NOT ENUF!!!!! Oh and might I add to ne new readers, THEY’RE ALL AWESOME! Well… really… their Writer is awesome!!!!! Lol… Um…. I just hope you don’t get too carried away Lizzy. Some times this stuff get stressful… HECK, who am I kidding, That’s a lie… More is always BETTA!
Quote:
What I hope is that I have written a story on the subject of Sirius, post OOTP and post veil in a way that you all haven't seen before (though it won't be evident in the first post), *shrugs* I know I haven't. I hope that the seasoned fan-fic readers and Sirius lovers out there will enjoy this as well as all casual readers.
WOOT! I luv ya…Usually the first fic I read of someones is always my favorite but I think you’ll break the tradition (That’s a good thing) It’s just I absolutely LOVE Sirius fics. I can’t get enuff of him! He’s actually my favorite character. So, you know how sad I was when IT happened. AND HE IS NOT DEAD! So, everyone who thinks so…Think Again.
*Shnuggles and kiggles Sirius to death* Yet.…. He’s still not dead! Lol!
WOOT! I can’t wait to start! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, curiosity killed the cat (Not Sirius…lol) so I’ll start.
Quote:
He braved the bright light and opened his eyes. And found himself… alone… outside.
My POOR BRAVE SIRY (my nickname for him)!!!! He’s never alone. Wherever, Sirius is….my heart is right behind him! Lol, That sound so cheesy, but who cares!
Quote:
Bellatrix
One word….EVIL B* (Okay… I know it’s two but the last one was bleeped…I need to be good to mods, My warnings are beyond crazy and they’re threatening to suspend me instead of give detention! BOOO-HOOO)
Quote:
It was a pleasant summer day by all observations, but how did he get here?
At least you put him in a safe place….But Where is it? *tilts head to do thinking* Where? Where does the veil lead? Well…. Can’t wait to find out! But…. This is giving me a head ache. I want MORE!!!!
Quote:
He growled in frustration.
*Pets Siry* Don’t worry Hun, You’ll get there eventually… Right Lizzy? *Hopes she’ll like Lizzy’s ending* Heck who am I kidding. I know I will after all it’s one of ur writing.
Quote:
What he saw caused him to recoil in fear and shout out in surprise…
I literally don’t know. I mean I usually have a good enough guess. But maybe since this is a bit more personal for me (Considering it’s including Siry) That I don’t know. I just hope…Well…. I seem so attached…*Gets in her goofy mood And pokkles Siry* Ur brave, GET OVER IT! Lol… muahahaha! That’s k… That’s another way to show love!
Quote:
I do realize that in canon Sirius is dead (I'm not that badly in denial). I just have a hard time accepting it... So here's another take on a Sirius fic!
HE’S NOT DEAD! Lol, sry but well it’s my opinion and I strongly believe it. Did they find a body? NO Did they know what the veil was all about? No Did they find out how he got sucked into it? NO. Were there many clues by JKR that gave ppl ideas he wasn’t dead. YES (The part w/ Luna)
So, there you have it! What else you need? I just know this is one of JKR’s evil plans to fool you all…But I’m not fooled! And um… what exactly to you mean by canon (I’ve been wondering that a while) Do ya mean in logic? Well… whatever, but I’m one of the people who don’t accept his disappearance too. I don’t think I ever will!

Okay, well I guess I got to the end! And… I’m dying for more! I absolutely love Sirius fics but every time I get sucked into one it goes the wrong way (The way I don’t like… explaining Sirius is weak and that eventually he’ll die out) So I just stop reading automatically. But I've promised myself that I’ll stay w/ this one. After all it’s one of your masterpieces and I’LL LOVE IT NEWAY! *Crosses her fingers and hopes*
*Huggles and kiggles Lizzy for the new read* Ty for pming me about it! I’ll come in ASAP!
Luv Always,
Ur dedicated Sirius fan,
Tina
Crazy on a Sunday night..
You make me dance like a fool
Just the thought of you can drive me wild
Ohh, you make me smile.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Cool In for a reply post!

Good morning everyone! I am so excited to see replies from you all! I'm really pleased with where this fic is going and I hope that you all will be too.

PBLOVER - my first response!

Quote:
omg. that was briliant!
Thank you so very much! I really hope I can get you to come back!

Ally! Hey Everyone - she comes to all my fics!!

Quote:
Yay, I found it. I love it Lissy! Brilliant idea.
Thank you so much for sampling my newest endeavor! I'm really crazy to be doing it, but I really couldn't ignore this idea!

Quote:
-pets Sirius- I would be high on firewhiskey if i was in his position...
Me too! Poor guy was alone too much before...

Quote:
Grrrr... Bellatrix
Agreed!

Quote:
Let all your anger out Sirius.
Sometimes ya just gotta vent!!

Quote:
Muahahha. I know what it is!

All I can say is... PAMS!
But don't tell! Ever hear of the spolier police? LoL!! And I will ... soon!

Sierra - My dear stalking sister and lover of all things Ottery!!!

Quote:
Hey Lissy! I'm really liking this so far! Perfect introduction! Can't wait to read more, my sissy!
Thank you so much my sis!! I always love to see you visit!! One day I promise to do a proper Draco ficlet for you. (Yes, he will be conscious!)

Tina!!!!! My favorite Riddle Master!!! (btw: I really liked mine)
I was hoping you'd come!! Thank you soooooo much!!!

Quote:
NO!!!!!!!!!IT’S NOT ENUF!!!!! Oh and might I add to ne new readers, THEY’RE ALL AWESOME! Well… really… their Writer is awesome!!!!! Lol… Um…. I just hope you don’t get too carried away Lizzy. Some times this stuff get stressful… HECK, who am I kidding, That’s a lie… More is always BETTA!
LoL!!! You are so sweet! Thank you More can be better, a bit stressful like you said too. I'll just have to take all three fics a little slower. This one has a lot of my attention at present however...

Quote:
WOOT! I luv ya…Usually the first fic I read of someones is always my favorite but I think you’ll break the tradition (That’s a good thing)
Thank you again! I hope that I am getting better with time. As I practice my writing skills, which were quite rusty at the begining of 'One Ravenclaw's', I hope to work my way into a story idea of my own that can be published one day.

Quote:
It’s just I absolutely LOVE Sirius fics. I can’t get enuff of him! He’s actually my favorite character. So, you know how sad I was when IT happened. AND HE IS NOT DEAD! So, everyone who thinks so…Think Again.
*Shnuggles and kiggles Sirius to death* Yet.…. He’s still not dead! Lol!
I just love Sirius too. OMG. I am a very public and vocal Marauders lover and a Remus fan in particular, but in my heart Mr. Black is a very close, almost equal second. I just don't mention it much because I have felt as you do. That he is not dead, and I've been shot down many times when I say so. I have a real hard time accepting it, so I'm with ya Tina!

Quote:
My POOR BRAVE SIRY (my nickname for him)!!!! He’s never alone. Wherever, Sirius is….my heart is right behind him! Lol, That sound so cheesy, but who cares!
That was just too cute!

Quote:
One word….EVIL B* (Okay… I know it’s two but the last one was bleeped…I need to be good to mods, My warnings are beyond crazy and they’re threatening to suspend me instead of give detention! BOOO-HOOO)
Suspend my Tina? Why?

Quote:
*Pets Siry* Don’t worry Hun, You’ll get there eventually… Right Lizzy? *Hopes she’ll like Lizzy’s ending* Heck who am I kidding. I know I will after all it’s one of ur writing.
Oh, I hope so too! Don't forget, I love the man!

Quote:
...literally don’t know. I mean I usually have a good enough guess. But maybe since this is a bit more personal for me (Considering it’s including Siry) That I don’t know. I just hope…
*sly* What do you hope? I really hope to surprise you and that you will like what's to come next...

Quote:
HE’S NOT DEAD! Lol, sry but well it’s my opinion and I strongly believe it. Did they find a body? NO Did they know what the veil was all about? No Did they find out how he got sucked into it? NO. Were there many clues by JKR that gave ppl ideas he wasn’t dead. YES (The part w/ Luna)
I'm with ya sweetie! I've made these arguments too.

Quote:
what exactly to you mean by canon (I’ve been wondering that a while)
When we say that, we are referring to the 5 (soon to be 6) published books, the two HP school books and any question that JKR has confirmed an answer to in interviews. See the HP Lexicon website for a ton of good stuff. Unfortunately, all of the above sources state that Sirius is dead. Including JKR herself. I still want to think she's playing with us. *shrugs* She promised an explanation for Sirius' fate in the next books, so we'll see. We can imagine in the meantime though - right?

Quote:
Okay, well I guess I got to the end! And… I’m dying for more! I absolutely love Sirius fics but every time I get sucked into one it goes the wrong way (The way I don’t like… explaining Sirius is weak and that eventually he’ll die out) So I just stop reading automatically. But I've promised myself that I’ll stay w/ this one.
I don't like those kind of Sirius fics either and that may be a spolier enough for now.

Quote:
*Huggles and kiggles Lizzy for the new read* Ty for pming me about it! I’ll come in ASAP!
Lots of hugs and love for Tina!

Old 07-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Talking Now the teaser!!

Teasing you all a bit here! The next post is written and ready to go! Stuff to be revealed and think about! Some major hints as to where this is going as well!! The first post was 1 3/4 pages in Microsoft Word. The next is 6, which is possibly one of my longest posts ever. So why am I going on like this? Because I'm bad and I'd like to see at least one more response before I post later!!

Old 07-06-2005, 06:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Fairy Lights
Snuffles Gold Biscuits
Billywig

-subscribes to thread-

Can I post to get update?

Quote:
But don't tell! Ever hear of the spolier police? LoL!! And I will ... soon!
I promise I wont tell
Old 07-06-2005, 06:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally221289
-subscribes to thread-

Can I post to get update?

I promise I wont tell
My dear Ally, of course! For you, anything!!

And for those who read my entry in Writers Week - the one about the Common Witch or Wizard, you'll see that I actually refer to my own ficlet here!

This post is for my friend Ally!

Emergency Transportation

Tentatively he leaned close to the water again. He raised one hand to his face. The reflection did the same. He rubbed his eyes and looked again. The face of a handsome young man, perhaps around age sixteen blinked back at him. Sirius was in total disbelief. He hadn’t seen this face in 20 years, yet he recognized it instantly. It was his own. But, gone were the lines of stress that he had accumulated over the years of hardship. His skin, which had become pale over months of being indoors was now flushed with the glow of youth and he no longer had that thin look he had acquired in prison and running from the Ministry. His features, which had become hollowed and haunted looking in Azkaban, had softened. His grey eyes, once dulled with unhappiness, now sparked with the mischief of better days. This was the way he was long ago, before the rise of Voldemort, before that dreadful night when Lily and James…

“Harry!” he said aloud. He had momentarily forgotten his godson, transfixed by the image in the water as he was. What did this mean for Harry? Sirius could only surmise that the veil in the stone archway had something to do with time. Was Harry at this moment fighting for his life, or had he not yet been born? Had he, Sirius, gone back in time to his youth? “James! He could see James again!” Sirius thought with joy. This time he could warn him. Have a chance to do things over and put things right. Maybe the war would never have to happen. He could at least see to it that his godson wasn’t left an orphan…

But he knew that terrible things could happen when one played with time. He had learned long ago in school about magical devices called time turners and how they should not be used lightly. He would need to be careful. If, as he was beginning to believe, he had gone back to his teen-age years, he would need to be careful not to encounter anyone who knew him. Not until he could get his bearings anyway. A wild thought occurred to him that he might even encounter himself! Or was he simply returned to his old body? This line of thought was beginning to bring back his headache. He needed to get help. Who to contact? That answer was simple. Dumbledore. Dumbledore would believe him. That was where he could start. Thus decided, Sirius was beginning to feel better. Glancing once more into the stream, he could see the old familiar smirk that he was known for reflecting back at him. He stood up and brushed the dirt from his robes. This he could get used to again.

The next task at hand was to figure out how to reach the Headmaster. There was still the problem of not knowing where he was and not having transportation. Sirius wracked his mind and remembered that there was a bus for just such needs. The Knight Bus, for the stranded witch or wizard. “This situation should qualify,” he thought wryly. He would have hesitated to use it before, since his face was well known on wanted posters, but he had never used it as a youth (preferring other modes of transportation ) and even in the future, no-one should recognize him like this.

“Well, here goes nothing,” Sirius thought as he raised his wand arm.

Suddenly a violently purple triple-decker bus was bumping its way over the rocky landscape towards him. Sirius laughed with happiness and waved it over. The bus stopped in front of him and opened it’s door.

An older heavy-set man stood in the doorway, a pipe clenched in his teeth, smoke wreathed his head in a cloud. “Welcome to the Knight Bus, for the stranded witch or wizard,” the man said, sounding bored. “The name’s Oscar and I’ll be your conductor today, Ernie there is your driver,” he gestured to a very old man up front and continued. “And no, Stan is not here. He took a temp job over at the Ministry. Has a girlfriend who wants him to make more money.”

Sirius was non-plussed by this speech. He didn’t know who Stan was nor did he care whether he had a girlfriend or needed a part time job. He attempted to board the bus, but was stopped.

“11 sickles first, laddie,” Oscar held out one meaty hand.

Sirius stuck his hands in his pockets, knowing full well that they were empty. Grabbing money wasn’t exactly his first order of business before leaving Grimmauld Place earlier. “Erm.. well, you see, I haven’t got any money,” Sirius flashed the man his most winning smile.

“No money, no ride!” Oscar made to re-enter the bus.

“Wait! I have a rich uncle, he’ll pay you when we get there!” Sirius called.

“Ha!” the man laughed in his gravelly voice. “I’ve heard that one before!”

Sirius was getting concerned. “Well there must be some kind of clause for situations like this! Clearly I’m stranded! There must be an exception,” he reasoned.

Oscar studied Sirius through his haze of smoke. He took in the landscape around them, it was obvious that they were in the middle of nowhere. “Alright”, he grumbled, “get in. Don’t tell anyone though. If everyone knew we had a clause like that, then every lost wizard would want to ride for free.”

Sirius promised not to tell and eagerly stepped onto the bus.

“You’ll want to avoid Madam Marsh there,” the conductor warned as Sirius looked for a seat. “She doesn’t travel well.”

Sirius noticed a rather green looking witch seated nearby and made sure not to sit near her. It wasn’t very difficult as there were several comfortable armchairs scattered about the cabin.

Oscar took his seat up front, “so where are you going, boy?”

Sirius almost forgot to answer the man, it had been so long since someone called him that. He had been thinking about this, though. He had no idea if Dumbledore spent his summer holiday at Hogwarts, so Hogsmeade may not be a practical destination. Going to James’s house or his own could be a problem too, so “The Leaky Cauldron,” he decided aloud.

“You hear that?” Oscar addressed the old driver. “Let’s go Ernie.”

The bus suddenly pitched forward and Sirius could understand the state of his fellow passenger as they sped forward. Oscar, for his part, leaned back in his chair, crossed his arms over his chest, and pulled his hat over his eyes, puffing silently on his pipe.

Sirius sat back and just tried to hold on as the chairs glided to and fro, knocking into each other like bumper cars throughout the bus. Madam Marsh slid by looking even greener.

Suddenly, Oscar lifted his hat and fixed Sirius with a penetrating stare, taking in his disheveled appearance, “so what were you doing out there all by yourself, laddie?” he asked somewhat suspiciously.

“Oh, uhm, crashed my broom, actually.” Sirius lied quickly. “Splintered it, no use trying to fix it.”

“Your parents know your flying so far?” the conductor shifted his pipe to the other side of his mouth.

“Well, I...” Sirius started.

“Humph!” the older man grunted. “Kids! Should be beaten more often. That’ll keep you in line,” he pulled his hat back over his eyes and said no more for the rest of the trip.

See, this is so long, I will need two posts...

Last edited by Lissydove; 08-06-2005 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typos - ergh! Thanks Dean!!
Old 07-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Fairy Lights
Snuffles Gold Biscuits
Billywig

Quote:
My dear Ally, of course! For you, anything!!
Hee hee

Quote:
This post is for my friend Ally!
Yay. I've never had one dedicated to me before, i feel honoured

Quote:
flushed with the glow of youth
aw, i love this line.

Quote:
Has a girlfriend who wants him to make more money.”
lol

Quote:
You’ll want to avoid Madam Marsh there
Good ol' Madame Marsh.

I await the next post!

Old 07-06-2005, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Smile And now the rest...

Hospitality at the Inn

Not soon enough, the bus finally arrived in London and came to a stop in front of an old brownstone building. “The Leaky Cauldron!” Oscar called and Sirius was more then grateful to exit the vehicle. He promised once more as he got out not to tell anyone about his free ride, then the bus sped away.

Sirius sighed and straightened his shoulders, he looked like heck, but there was nothing he could do about that. He just hoped that he wouldn’t see anyone he knew, though it was doubtful. His money situation wasn’t helping him either. He would just have to talk his way through. He smirked to himself, this could be fun.

The inside of the pub was dark and smoky. Various witches and wizards were seated at tables, eating and drinking, none that Sirius recognized, and no one gave him a second glance. He approached the landlord, a bald toothless man he heard someone call Tom.

“Excuse me,” Sirius said to man. “My uncle reserved a room here for me. He paid in advance. Under the name…” Sirius thought quickly about things he knew about Dumbledore and settled for something he read on the professor’s Famous Wizard card, “…Brian Wulfric.” (two of Dumbledore’s middle names)

Tom consulted his log. “Nope, I’ve got nothing under that name, kid. You sure you’re in the right place?”

Sirius widened his eyes in surprise. “That can’t be! I know I’m in the right place. My Uncle Albus said to check in here. Look again!”

“No mistake, boy, I don’t have you on here,” the landlord sounded irritated.

“My Uncle – Albus Dumbledore – wouldn’t lie,” Sirius continued the ruse, “he said to wait for him here and I will! If you’ll just let me send him an owl, I’m sure he’ll clear this up.”

The man’s expression of annoyance quickly turned wary, “Dumbledore, eh? Great man, great wizard. You’re really related to him?”

Sirius flashed the man a winning smile, “he’s my great, great, great – “

“Alright, enough. Don’t need to recite the family tree, gives me a headache. I’ll let you have a room and you can send an owl. If it doesn’t come back with payment by tonight, you’re out.” Tom took out a key and a roll of parchment and a quill for Sirius to use. “I’m only doing this because it’s Albus,” he reminded the young man.

“Brilliant!” Sirius grinned and sat down at a table to write his note to Dumbledore. He couldn’t sign his real name, of course, but he hoped that the use of Dumbledore’s own names would catch the man’s attention. That, and the fact that the professor had seen enough of Sirius’s test papers and homework (not to mention detention assignments) over the years to recognize his handwriting.

Sirius handed the parchment back to the proprietor who attached it to the leg of an owl. “Room 11,” the man told him, “and don’t go anywhere ‘til we get a response.”

“Sure thing!” Sirius said and headed upstairs. Room 11 sported a large four poster bead, a fireplace and a window that let in the mid day sunshine. Outside, he could hear people going about their day on Diagon Alley. On the wall was a mirror, Sirius couldn’t help going to look into it. It had been a long time since that reflection greeted him! He combed out the snarls in his long black hair with his fingers and admired the effect. He couldn’t wait to get cleaned up, but he figured that it wasn’t wise to ask anything else of Tom until Dumbledore got back to him.

“Vanity is a sin,” the mirror reminded Sirius as the boy preened for a few minutes longer.

“Who asked you?” Sirius asked, but turned away from the mirror. He was in a good mood, and itching to get out. He decided to use a little restraint, (it probably wasn’t wise to risk getting into trouble already) and not leave the room, though the sounds and smells coming from the open window were maddening. James or Remus could be out there right now! Sirius craned in head out the window but could see no one he knew. If he saw Peter though…

There was a knock at the door. A woman came in carrying a tray of food, “compliments of the manager,” she said.

“Well that’s just neighborly of him. Thank you,” Sirius drawled.

The woman blushed and smiled at him, unconsciously straightening her hair, “Well, erm, if you need anything else…?” she asked almost hopefully.

“Not just now, thanks,” Sirius’s eyes sparkled, he was enjoying this.

“Right then, see you…” the lady backed out of the door.

Sirius attacked his lunch in earnest, he was starved. He really hoped that Dumbledore understood his message. He had no idea how he was going to pay for this.

After eating, Sirius had nothing much else to do. It was all he could stand to be trapped in yet another room he couldn’t leave and he spent some time pacing the floor before flopping down on the bed to try and get some sleep. He must have succeeded because he was surprised from his dreams by an owl pecking at his hand. He took the letter from it’s leg and the bird flew back out the window. He read:

“I’ve already paid the manager.
Stay in your room. Speak to no one. I’ll be there in two hours time.”

D

So Dumbledore obviously understood his letter, or was at least interested to find out who this Brian Wulfric was. “Another two hours, though,” he thought as if he had never waited longer. He sighed and flopped back on the bed…

He was startled into wakefulness once again, this time by a tall wizard with long white hair and beard apparating into the room.

“Dumbledore!” Sirius said by way of greeting. The Headmaster looked the same as ever, and Sirius wasn’t sure if he was ever more grateful to see the man’s crooked nosed visage.

Dumbledore peered at Sirius quizzically, if the professor was surprised at who he was seeing, he hid it quickly. “No time to lose, we must leave here,” he said.

“But wait, I fell through the veil and…” Sirius started.

“Not right now,” Dumbledore interrupted. “We’ll go back to Hogwarts, we can speak freely there.” The older wizard reached into a pouch and pulled out some floo powder. He lit the fireplace and gestured for Sirius to go first.

“Hogwarts, Headmaster”s Office!” he said.

No new posts here for a couple of days now. Are you guys on to me yet?

I need to work on Operation Matchmaker which is just crying for attention! TTFN!!

Last edited by Lissydove; 08-04-2005 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Fairy Lights
Snuffles Gold Biscuits
Billywig

Thanks Lissy.

Quote:

Quote:
Are you guys on to me yet?
Hmmm... Are you waiting for the HBP to come out...? Or is this me being totally random and wrong?

PAMS!

Old 07-06-2005, 07:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Talking Reply for my friend... Hey it's my thread, I can spam all I want!!!

Hey Ally

Quote:
Yay. I've never had one dedicated to me before, i feel honoured
Really? Well you deserve a lot more! You got the super duper extra long post this time though!

Quote:
aw, i love this line.
Me too actually. I'm a bit soft on the man so I enjoy describing him, i.e.: he's looked in the mirror so much already! He was a bit vain anyway!

Quote:
Good ol' Madame Marsh.
Oh yes!

Quote:
Hmmm... Are you waiting for the HBP to come out...? Or is this me being totally random and wrong?
You are not wrong! But the answer to that is yes and no. When HBP arrives, I will very likely add details from it and refer to it. What I meant for all those who don't know a secret (but you do!), are they on to me about what is going on with Sirius?

Old 07-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Gryffindor
Fairy Lights
Snuffles Gold Biscuits
Billywig

Quote:
What I meant for all those who don't know a secret (but you do!), are they on to me about what is going on with Sirius?
Oh yeah! lol

Cant wait for the next post!
Old 07-07-2005, 09:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annabelle Lee Costas
First Year

OMG LIZZY! *Stares shocked* Lol, see I’ve been coming on lately but I usually check my fav fics first. Lol, as much as I love Robert, I went straight away to One Ravenclaws Pursuit… Sadly I had seen you hadn’t posted. Well, I checked my other fics and then remembered this one, My stupid self thought if she hadn’t updated for the other she might’ve not updated this either and I didn’t feel like taking my cp on a roller coaster ride looking for it, b/c I hadn’t saved it to my Fav list. Well, I hadn’t thought about going to my game and just looks at ur siggie. Anyways, moving on, I finally found the fic like a whole day later and here ya are w/ so many replies! I’m like…NOOOOOO. But then I thought I could just stay in today and read the update and ur replies! So, here I am! *Runs real quick to save at the top of her favorite list*
Okay, let’s get started….WOOOHOOO!
Quote:
Tina!!!!! My favorite Riddle Master!!! (btw: I really liked mine)
I was hoping you'd come!! Thank you soooooo much!!!
Lol, I told ya nothing can keep me away! And ur soooooo welcome!
Quote:
Suspend my Tina? Why?
Lol, They found out that I’ve been planning and giving others ideas on how to get detention. I want my detention; I THINK I’ve already explained why. So, they say if I go through w/ any plan of mine, that they’ll suspend me even if it’s minor. They actually said they’d give me detention w/o me doing something but well I want mine earned. I sound like the biggest dork, but well… whatever, I guess you don’t understand where I’m coming from. But, don’t get a bad impression of me or what not.
Quote:
Teasing you all a bit here! The next post is written and ready to go! Stuff to be revealed and think about! Some major hints as to where this is going as well!! The first post was 1 3/4 pages in Microsoft Word. The next is 6, which is possibly one of my longest posts ever. So why am I going on like this? Because I'm bad and I'd like to see at least one more response before I post later!!
LMAO….EVIL….MUAHAHAHA! Lol, I actually enjoy teasers…It’s the cliffie’s I hate! DIE CLIFFIE DIE!*Flees before Lizzy gets any ideas*
Quote:
Sirius was in total disbelief. He hadn’t seen this face in 20 years, yet he recognized it instantly. It was his own.
OMG!!! *Looks at Siry flirty* I’m liking this fic A LOT MORE! Lol, A young Siry! I see you were right LIzzy! I definently will love this fic more!!! MUHAHAHAH! *Steals Siry for herself*
Quote:
glow of youth
How descriptive, but you could’ve used hot too! Lol, I am such a tease! Sry,
Quote:
now sparked with the mischief of better days.
MUHAHAHAHHAHA! This will work out just perfect! Mischief….I wonder…. I might actually get some new good ideas from this new Siry! Okay, now I need to stop, I think I’ll be replying to every two words…
Quote:
This line of thought was beginning to bring back his headache. He needed to get help.
*Flees to help at the cry for Help* Lol, sorry, I most times imagine myself in fics…(Well, I was once…in the CC but that doesn’t count) *Pets Siry’s head and then exits the fic*
Quote:
preferring other modes of transportation
*Imagines Siry on his motorbike* Oh, how lovely! A striking MAN LIKE HIM NEEDS TO TRAVEL IN STYLE! LOL!
Quote:
“Alright”, he grumbled, “get in. Don’t tell anyone though. If everyone knew we had a clause like that, then every lost wizard would want to ride for free.”
YAH YA BETTA HAVE!!! *Puts her bat and helmet away* lol, I never liked the Knight Bus anyway…
Quote:
The Leaky Cauldron
*Sniffs Disappointed* Lol, but…uh…my..house is…uh…always opened. Then remembers her annoying brothers…LEAKY CALDRON IT IS! *Pokkles herself for ever doubting Siry! LOL…
Quote:
“Humph!” the older man grunted. “Kids! Should be beaten more often. That’ll keep you in line,” he pulled his hat back over his eyes and said no more for the rest of the trip.
HOW DARE HE! *GETS OUT HER BAT AND THROWS IT AT HIS BOTTOM* Now who’s gonna stay in line! Yah… That’s what ya get. So shut up and don’t say another word! LOL! I knew that bat would come in handy!

Quote:
See, this is so long, I will need two posts...
MUHAHAHHA! More goof-ball-ness!
*Scrolls up unblinking*
Quote:
Brian Wulfric.” (two of Dumbledore’s middle names)
I never knew that. But oh how I love the name Brian. *Thinks of BSB*
Quote:
“My Uncle – Albus Dumbledore – wouldn’t lie,” Sirius continued the ruse, “he said to wait for him here and I will! If you’ll just let me send him an owl, I’m sure he’ll clear this up.”
YA GO SIRY! *Gets in a cheerleaders outfit and cheers Siry* Go siry go Siry! He’s our man, if he can’t do it no one can!
But…. I GUESS lying helps too! LOL!
Quote:
*CLAPS AND CLAPS* A natural I tell you! I guess…it just comes easy for us… But hey that’s a white lie, So it’s not as bad. And if ya still doubt him, *Crosses her fingers for Siry* There ya go, he was only kidding! LOL..
Quote:
The woman blushed and smiled at him, unconsciously straightening her hair, “Well, erm, if you need anything else…?” she asked almost hopefully.

“Not just now, thanks,” Sirius’s eyes sparkled, he was enjoying this.
HE’S MINE! So back off u little *****! I’m not even joking. But hey, it’s not his fault the ladies like him! I’d do the exact same if I was her. In fact I wish we could trade places for that sec. Lol, OMg… I’m getting too carried away!
Quote:
“Not right now,” Dumbledore interrupted. “We’ll go back to Hogwarts, we can speak freely there.” The older wizard reached into a pouch and pulled out some floo powder. He lit the fireplace and gestured for Sirius to go first.
I wonder…But how could he know? Then again, he is Dumbledore. Just do ur thing D (I’ve never ever heard him referred as to that…CUTE!)
Quote:
No new posts here for a couple of days now. Are you guys on to me yet?

I need to work on Operation Matchmaker which is just crying for attention! TTFN!!
I NEED MORE! YA CAN’T STOP THERE! LOL, Will ya can. Wanna know why? Ur the Awesome writer who got the idea! So, take ur sweet time grl, But don’t take too long ! And ya go to ur fics. I’m just dying to read more of Robbert’s fic!

Quote:
What I meant for all those who don't know a secret (but you do!), are they on to me about what is going on with Sirius?
*LOOKS SUSPICIOUSLY!* Not on to you, but I don’t think I want to know. JUST PAMS!!!!!
Ohh, you make me smile.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
Si

Resident Movie Critic
Sphinx

Ministry RPG Name:
Francesca Clairmonte
Seelow ☆ Overnight Celebrity ☆ Perky! ☆ Harley Quinn

Very nice updates Sis! I'm sorry I didn't come here sooner! I got caught up in stuff.....anyway, update soon for me!!!

~Sierra~
Old 07-14-2005, 12:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Siriusly Addicted
Jarvey

Hey Lissy, just dropping to say heelo. I havent got time to read it all now (you're a bad influence on me, it's nearly 2 am here... )
Anyways, what I've read so far it's great! I just love Sirius - you can imagine my horror when, well, you know, anyways, I'll be back later,
Love ya,
LadyV.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Siriusly Addicted
Jarvey

Lissy!
I'm all caught up, and all confused...
I have several ideas floating around about whats going on, but I'm not sure...
anyways,
PAMS!
Love ya,
LadyV.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Angry Reply post take two...

I was in the middle of my reply to you all just now, when I hit something that made it all go away! Arrrgghh!!! Anyway, as I was saying!

I'm so sorry about my slowness lately, been mucho busy!!! But after some replies, we will have some more Sirius!!!

Ally!!!! Who may be in France by now!!

Quote:
Oh yeah! lol

Cant wait for the next post!
I'm so sorry about the delays, but there will be posts here when you get back!!!

Tina! My Riddle Pal!!! (you have me stumped just now!):

Quote:
*Stares shocked* Lol, see I’ve been coming on lately but I usually check my fav fics first. Lol, as much as I love Robert, I went straight away to One Ravenclaws Pursuit… Sadly I had seen you hadn’t posted. Well, I checked my other fics and then remembered this one, My stupid self thought if she hadn’t updated for the other she might’ve not updated this either
You make me smile! I'm sorry about the random nature of my posting! I've just been going to where inspiration strikes! I'm sure you understand how Sirius can do that to a person!

Quote:
Lol, They found out that I’ve been planning and giving others ideas on how to get detention. I want my detention; I THINK I’ve already explained why. So, they say if I go through w/ any plan of mine, that they’ll suspend me even if it’s minor. They actually said they’d give me detention w/o me doing something but well I want mine earned. I sound like the biggest dork, but well… whatever, I guess you don’t understand where I’m coming from. But, don’t get a bad impression of me or what not.
I don't get a bad impression at all!! You are too cute!! So naughty too! So funny, you want your detention, but it has to be earned. A truly noble Hufflepuff you are!! Or should you be a crafty Slytherin?

Quote:
LMAO….EVIL….MUAHAHAHA! Lol, I actually enjoy teasers…It’s the cliffie’s I hate! DIE CLIFFIE DIE!*Flees before Lizzy gets any ideas*
LoL!!! Can't promise a lack of cliffies, I think they are fun!!! LoL!!!

Quote:
OMG!!! *Looks at Siry flirty* I’m liking this fic A LOT MORE! Lol, A young Siry! I see you were right LIzzy! I definently will love this fic more!!! MUHAHAHAH! *Steals Siry for herself*
*winks* Told you!! Young Siry... With a twist!!

Quote:
How descriptive, but you could’ve used hot too! Lol, I am such a tease! Sry,
Yes, hot is true, not as poetic sounding though... LoL!!!

Quote:
*Flees to help at the cry for Help* Lol, sorry, I most times imagine myself in fics…(Well, I was once…in the CC but that doesn’t count) *Pets Siry’s head and then exits the fic*
You are just way too cute!!

Quote:
YAH YA BETTA HAVE!!! *Puts her bat and helmet away* lol, I never liked the Knight Bus anyway…
Meh, it's useful though!

Quote:
HE’S MINE! So back off u little *****! I’m not even joking. But hey, it’s not his fault the ladies like him! I’d do the exact same if I was her. In fact I wish we could trade places for that sec. Lol, OMg… I’m getting too carried away!
The ladies love him, what can I say?

Quote:
I wonder…But how could he know? Then again, he is Dumbledore. Just do ur thing D (I’ve never ever heard him referred as to that…CUTE!)
Good question!! Read on!!

Quote:
I NEED MORE! YA CAN’T STOP THERE! LOL, Will ya can. Wanna know why? Ur the Awesome writer who got the idea! So, take ur sweet time grl, But don’t take too long ! And ya go to ur fics. I’m just dying to read more of Robbert’s fic!
There will be more in both fics soon!! I love how Ravenclaw's has become the Robert fic and not the Jenna one anymore!! LoL!!!

Quote:
*LOOKS SUSPICIOUSLY!* Not on to you, but I don’t think I want to know. JUST PAMS!!!!!
Sure you do!! And I will....

Sierra, my stalking Sis!!!
Quote:
Very nice updates Sis! I'm sorry I didn't come here sooner! I got caught up in stuff.....anyway, update soon for me!!!

~Sierra~
No problem, take your time and *poof* Your wish is my command!!

LadyV, so very happy to have you here!!!

Quote:
Lissy!
I'm all caught up, and all confused...
I have several ideas floating around about whats going on, but I'm not sure...
anyways,
PAMS!
Love ya,
LadyV.
You are so sweet to come read and catch up so quickly! Thank you so much!! I hope that you are confused in a good way, it means you caught some discrepencies between what Sirius is thinking and what I'm hinting at...

All will be revealed, next:

Old 07-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

An Assignment is Given

Sirius arrived in the Headmaster’s office a bit less gracefully then the Headmaster himself, but Dumbledore had a way of making everything look easy. Sirius dusted himself off and looked around. This office was always a sight to behold, the pictures of former Headmasters dozing in their frames, the various magical items of curiosity, shelves upon shelves of books, and on his perch Fawkes, the phoenix. It was all familiar, as Sirius had spent a little more time then he should have here when he went to school.

“Come, sit,” Dumbledore was saying, pulling up a chair near his desk, “have a drink, I think you’ll need one. I know I do,” he continued, taking a seat at the desk himself.

Sirius took the offered seat while trying to decide where to start.

“Why don’t you start from the beginning,” the professor seemed to read his mind. Dumbledore poured himself a healthy glass of firewhiskey. To Sirius he offered some butterbeer, “it wouldn’t be right to offer whiskey to a minor,” the man winked.

Sirius took a sip of his drink, collected his thoughts, and stated, “I’m not the person you think I am.”

Dumbledore raised one eyebrow, “no?” he asked politely. “You aren’t Sirius Black? I certainly didn’t think you were Brian Wulfric, good idea I might add.”

Sirius swallowed his irritation at the Headmaster’s calm demeanor. “Believe it or not, when I last saw you, I was a grown man, twenty years older then now,” He looked for a reaction from the white bearded wizard, but was disappointed. “I fell through a stone archway that I think must have some connection with time.”

“I see,” Dumbledore answered, steepling his fingers under his chin. “What year do you think this is?” the professor’s gaze was penetrating.

Sirius was taken aback by the question. “Well, based on my appearance I’d say I was around sixteen, so… 1976 or thereabouts?” He was suddenly feeling uncertain.

Suddenly there was another glass on the desk, Dumbledore poured some firewhiskey into it and offered it to the young man before him, “I think you should have some of this after all,” he said. “I’m not sure the best way to say this, so I will just get to the point. The year happens to be nineteen hundred and ninety six. Approximately two and a half months after the event you last remember, I’m afraid.”

Sirius didn’t know what to say. He took a large gulp of the offered drink and felt some of the color come back to his face. “Harry?” he asked hoarsely as he began to realize the implications of what Dumbledore was telling him.

“Is safe.” Dumbledore said kindly, “it is you we’ve been most distressed about losing.” The Headmaster then went on to describe the events following Sirius’ disappearance through the veil. “So as you can imagine, I was quite surprised to receive your letter,” he finished.

“So, Harry thinks… I’m dead…” Sirius said numbly.

“Yes,” Dumbledore nodded sadly. “The arch and the veil are very ancient magic. We have little understanding of how it works or even why it exists. We did feel that there are others, as you have confirmed, but we have never known of someone who has gone through and been able to come back. Those who tried were simply believed to be dead. Just as astonishing, in my opinion, is the way it has affected you,” Dumbledore took in the younger man’s youthful appearance. “You seem to have completely reverted to your 16 year old self, magical ability and all.”

Sirius nodded, he understood now why he could not use his animagus form. It was around this age that he had first learned to do it. And a wizard can not apparate until he takes the test at age 17.

Dumbledore went on as if the boy had spoken this aloud. “Which brings us to the question of what we shall do now.”

Sirius was getting suspicious, “what do you mean?” he asked.

“What I mean is that you can’t just go out in the wizarding world as you are. Granted, most people won’t recognize you, but some will. I think it best that the less people who are aware of your return, the better.” Dumbledore paused, “Not even members of the Order should know… Or Harry.”

Sirius opened his mouth to object, he was not going back into hiding and the thought of leaving his godson on his own, believing he was dead was just unthinkable…

A sharp look from the Headmaster cut Sirius’ objection off unspoken. “You are still a wanted man, Sirius. The greater number of people who are aware of your situation, the greater chance there is of you being exposed. “The professor continued more softly, “Harry has been through a lot since he lost you. I don’t think it is fair to play with his emotions again so soon.” Dumbledore’s eyes started to twinkle, “However, I do have an assignment for you.”

“Which is…” Sirius wasn’t sure what to expect.

“Well, I should think it would be obvious, a boy of your age needs to be in school. You have a lot of learning left to do.” Dumbledore winked, “and if you could keep certain students from getting into trouble…”

“Isn’t that a bit like the blind leading the blind?” Sirius quipped, but his mind was racing with the possibilities. Go back to Hogwarts? He could keep an eye on Harry first hand… Unconsciously the old grin had returned to the boy’s face. “I accept your assignment,” he said aloud.

“I thought you might,” Dumbledore said wryly. “I’ll be speaking to Professor McGonagall and the other staff who knew you before. You won’t be treated any different from the other students. I do hope you can behave this time,” he warned doubtfully.

“Sure thing,” Sirius grinned and leaned back casually in his chair, firewhiskey in hand, “I’ll keep the students in line for you.”

“Right,” suddenly the firewhiskey disappeared from the boy’s hand and Dumbledore continued, “you may continue the ruse of being my great grand nephew. So try to act a little less like yourself. Harry may not recognize your appearance but he will become suspicious if you don’t try to be more discreet in your mannerisms.”

Sirius was undaunted by this remark or the loss of his drink, “I’m your man, Uncle” he replied, “I won’t give us away.”

The Headmaster chose to ignore this and went on, “You can stay here for the rest of the summer holiday. I’ll arrange for a chaperone to take you to Diagon Alley for your school books later this week. I can’t allow my long lost nephew to wander around on his own.”

“Of course not,” Sirius agreed, he was in too good a mood to be distressed at the thought of being stuck here for a couple of weeks, he was at Hogwarts. He wished he could contact Remus. “Just give me the Gryffindor password and I think I’ll be turning in.” He stretched and yawned. Sirius couldn’t wait to get back to the old common room…

“Sirius, or Brian I should say,” Dumbledore warned, “I couldn’t possibly give the password to an unsorted student. You’ll have to wait and see where the sorting hat places you.”

Sirius looked up at the shelf where said hat resided. “Well then, let’s get it over with! Once a Gryffindor, always a Gryffindor I’m sure.” He rose to retrieve the item.

“I don’t think so,” professor replied, “I told you that you would be treated like any other student and that means being sorted with the rest. Don’t you think it would seem odd if you just showed up in the Gryffindor common room? You can stay in one of the guest suites for now.” Dumbledore noticed the disgruntled expression of his charge at this decision. “It’s only right that you take your chances with everyone else, you’re certainly not worried about that, are you? Once a Gryffindor, always a Gryffindor as you already stated…” the professor’s eyes were sparkling with mischief.

“Yeah, right,” Sirius wasn’t as sure of himself all of a sudden.

“I think it is best that you get some rest now,” Professor Dumbledore started to dismiss his ‘nephew’. “I’ll have you shown to your room…”

“No need, I know where they are. I’ll take the one closest to the kitchens.” Sirius waved the offer away.

“I’m sure,” the Headmaster said wryly.

Suddenly the conversation was interrupted by a loud dramatic yawn coming from one of the paintings on the wall.

“I told you my great grandson wasn’t dead,” the painting of Phineas Nigellus observed, “useless pup can’t even die properly. Going back to school, eh? Maybe this time he can get it right and make Slytherin,” was his parting comment before going back to sleep.

Last edited by Lissydove; 08-04-2005 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annabelle Lee Costas
First Year

HERE I GO: MUAHAHAHAHA~!
Quote:
It was all familiar, as Sirius had spent a little more time then he should have here when he went to school.
Muahaha… I wonder… It seems that Sirius is looking at things from his older slef’s view… I mean it has to be that way… But I hope to see more of young Sirius’s actions…
Quote:
“it wouldn’t be right to offer whiskey to a minor,” the man winked.
Okay…. I have to ask something… I know that Dumbledore is acting the same but is he younger too? All you said earlier is he was the same as ever.. Maybe I need to keep reading…
Quote:
“What year do you think this is?” the professor’s gaze was penetrating.
*Shakes her head Confused… but how would that fit…. *Thinks*
Quote:
He was suddenly feeling uncertain.
Ditto….
Quote:
The year happens to be nineteen hundred and ninety six. Approximately two and a half months after the event you last remember, I’m afraid.”
He went into the future?!?!!? By how could he look so much younger… [quote]
Quote:
“Is safe.” Dumbledore said kindly, “it is you we’ve been most distressed about losing.” The Headmaster then went on to describe the events following Sirius’ disappearance through the veil. “So as you can imagine, I was quite surprised to receive your letter,” he finished.
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!! I was thinking, you’d hit us with some bad news… But that’s great… Harry will be so happy, but what’s happened to Volde? What about the mission? How will this event change? Omg… too many questions.. I feel like my head’s about to pop open….
Quote:
“You seem to have completely reverted to your 16 year old self, magical ability and all.”
Oh… I see… OMG.. That’s why he couldn’t transform…But this means that Harry and Sirius could be friends… w/ Ron… AND even go back to school? But, s\don’t they say these things don’t ever work out right? I JUST want to know….what your planning… UGHHHHH! I’ll keep reading…
Quote:
What I mean is that you can’t just go out in the wizarding world as you are. Granted, most people won’t recognize you, but some will. I think it best that the less people who are aware of your return, the better.” Dumbledore paused, “Not even members of the Order should know… Or Harry.”
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO…. WHY DOES D always lock him up….Leave my poor Siry alone.. No matter how powerful or clever you might be. It’s not fair…That’s so bad…And this way he can’t even transform and at leats get some fresh air? But, where does D want to hide him? Plus, Anyways he will get out.. or Harry wil find him w/ the Mauraders Map. SEE… HEHEHE.. D’s only fooling himself…
Quote:
“However, I do have an assignment for you.”
Ohhhh…. This is kewl…I wonder….
Quote:
and if you could keep certain students from getting into trouble…”
[quote]
LMAO… Okay this should be real funny!
Quote:
“Isn’t that a bit like the blind leading the blind?”
lmao… What a smart remark… And it is true…
Quote:
I do hope you can behave this time,” he warned doubtfully.
YEAH RIGHT!!! LMAO… This is so kewl… I love this fic… Maybe even more than Robert’s (And yeah to me, it is his lol..)
Quote:
So try to act a little less like yourself.
LMAO… NO, Don’t ever change my SIRY… I don’t think I’m liking D in this fic… But, then again, he has his reasons… *HUggles D* Just don’t be too mean to my Siry..
Quote:
You’ll have to wait and see where the sorting hat places you.”
OBViously.. Gryfindor no doubt… RIGHT?!?!!?
Quote:
“Yeah, right,” Sirius wasn’t as sure of himself all of a sudden.
* reassures Siry* Don’t worry! Be happy!!
Quote:
useless pup can’t even die properly. Going back to school, eh? Maybe this time he can get it right and make Slytherin,” was his parting comment before going back to sleep.
*Gets her bat and hits the painting..* GO TO HELL, You useless. Worthless, whining, little mutt ! DIE!!!!!!!!! *GLARES* And he betta not be in Slytherin.. I hope not!!! I GUESS THAT’s all for now…
THIS update was so good!!! The story’s as good as I ever thought it would be! I love ya for it!!!!
A thankful Siry Reader,
Tina
Ohh, you make me smile.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
*Siriusette Black*

Thumbs up Hey all, new person here...*wave*

This is one of the GREATEST Sirius fics EVER!!! I just love the whole idea of him going thru the veil and becoming 16 again and going back to school and everything else! I can't wait for the next update... PAMS PAMS PAMS!!!

Old 07-27-2005, 05:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
Hufflepuff
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annabelle Lee Costas
First Year

*Wonders if LIz is writing* I was promised a new update...Remember, the stalking still goes...
Tina
Ohh, you make me smile.

Last edited by X-Girl; 07-27-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Ministry
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Smile Reply post First!!!!

Well, first I'll do a quick reply and then it will be on to a post. Well, it is technically half of a post! I could go on and make it twice as long, but I think I'll post what I have (for Tina) and come back with more later!

Hey Tina!!! *huggles*

Quote:
Okay…. I have to ask something… I know that Dumbledore is acting the same but is he younger too? All you said earlier is he was the same as ever.. Maybe I need to keep reading…
Did I fool you at first? That was a very good question! But I'm sure you know why now!!

Quote:
He went into the future?!?!!? By how could he look so much younger…
Noooooo.... *grins* No one really knows what the veil does, so why can't it affect people differently? LoL!!!!

Quote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!! I was thinking, you’d hit us with some bad news… But that’s great… Harry will be so happy, but what’s happened to Volde? What about the mission? How will this event change? Omg… too many questions.. I feel like my head’s about to pop open….
Good news - right? But Voldie is still out there... Keep reading!!

Quote:
Oh… I see… OMG.. That’s why he couldn’t transform…But this means that Harry and Sirius could be friends… w/ Ron… AND even go back to school? But, s\don’t they say these things don’t ever work out right? I JUST want to know….what your planning… UGHHHHH! I’ll keep reading…
Let's not worry about what 'they' say!

Quote:
OBViously.. Gryfindor no doubt… RIGHT?!?!!?

Quote:
*Gets her bat and hits the painting..* GO TO HELL, You useless. Worthless, whining, little mutt ! DIE!!!!!!!!! *GLARES* And he betta not be in Slytherin.. I hope not!!! I GUESS THAT’s all for now…
THIS update was so good!!! The story’s as good as I ever thought it would be! I love ya for it!!!!
A thankful Siry Reader,
Tina
I love your enthusiasm! I luv you too!!!

*Siriusette Black*

I just love to have you reading! With a name like yours, I need to have you here!!
Quote:
This is one of the GREATEST Sirius fics EVER!!! I just love the whole idea of him going thru the veil and becoming 16 again and going back to school and everything else! I can't wait for the next update... PAMS PAMS PAMS!!!
Thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much!! I really wanted to do something a little different with a Sirius fic and I am so glad that others like the idea!

Quote:
*Wonders if LIz is writing* I was promised a new update...Remember, the stalking still goes...
Tina
LoL!!! Ok Tina... Read on...