sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 162 users online including...
nddlanderkenf , Lady of Light , Lislchen , rlehrliyuet , iroglinmake , chiffonwedding

8 members
154 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Hogwarts > Upper Floors > Astronomy


Astronomy Can you see it in the stars? Grab your telescope and prepare to sit in on some stellar lessons!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-16-2019, 08:33 PM
laurange laurange is offline
 
Default Office of Professor Simran Sandhu

As you enter Professor Sandhu's office, the first thing you may notice is that it only just barely falls short of being a fully fledged library. Books and magazines on every imaginable intersection between Astronomy and Magic line the shelves, some bearing familiar names such as Georg Joachim von Rheticus and Marion Burbage. It seems almost impossible that one person can have read them all, especially since not all of them were written in English. Should you attempt to take a book from this valuable collection without permission, alarms will go off, alerting Professor Sandhu, and your hands will turn red. There will also be consequences.

The room is lit entirely by natural light in the daytime, but at night and in the winter months, mason jars of bluebell flames illuminate the space. It almost definitely smells of apple pie, but that is most likely due to the scented candle burning at the desk.

Not far from the three-wicked candle stand two photo frames. The first is of herself, her husband, taken not long before he passed, and their son. She is hardly recognisable at first glance -- this photo is close to forty years old, but she wasn't born in her mid-80s. The second photo is much more recent, a picnic with the four generations of Sandhu women, the youngest of whom is taking a nap in Simran's arms.

A door to the south side leads into the Innovation Lounge.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #c51362
Posts: 10,021

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nina Castillo
Fourth Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation
Default
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Simran knew that she was expecting one particular Nina Castillo in her office, of course, and right after the lesson, but she had quite hoped that the girl would remain in the classroom after her classmates so that they could walk to the office together, and she could assure the girl that there was no reason to worry. Of course, as is typical of aging women, she may have forgotten to say as much, and said Miss Castillo had left the lesson with the rest of her peers, presumably to wait outside her office.

Fortunately or otherwise, the fourth years were her last lesson of the Friday evenings -- or at least they would be for this half of the semester, before any timetable changes for OWL and NEWT students came into effect -- and she didn't have another group to teach right after this one.

Scurrying down the stairs from the classroom to her office area, she was pleased to see the girl already there. "Miss Castillo!" she beamed, hands clapping together in delight. "Oh, you can go ahead and head on inside -- it's not locked." Simran had learned a long time ago that she was far too distracted to remember to lock her doors, and had instead convinced some of her security-inclined colleagues to place some very nicely-tailored anti-theft spells on her things.

Unless, of course, she would rather have this discussion outside, but Simran was not all that keen on George (or, as she affectionally referred to him: Portrait Man) telling them off for interrupting his snooze. Did Simran notice Nina's distress? Not at all! It hadn't occurred to her at all that her suggestion that one of her best students meet her in her office after class could or would induce any anxiety at all. Besides, since she was blessed by her pancreas with the absence of diabetes, there were sweets to be had!

OOC: You can go ahead and post in the office thread now, unless Nina decides she'd rather not do that.
Actually, she hadn’t gone to the office immediately because she didn’t want anyone to see that she had an appointment. If others took notice, then it would either look like she WANTED to discuss matters with Professor Sandhu on her own accord—which would paint her as a total teacher’s pet— OR it would look like what it really was. That she had been asked to pop by for a chat. Meaning: She was in trouble. Nina wanted no one to assume any of those things and so she had walked out with her classmates before making it midway down the corridor and making some silly excuse about having left something in the classroom.

Only she didn’t head for the classroom. She headed for her Professor’s office, which was why she was slightly surprised when she found out she had managed to beat Professor Sandhu. Whoops.

Nina turned slowly, her neck slowly sinking into her shoulders as she faced her Professor. Um. Okay. She turned back and reached for the doorknob, entering the office space without a word. She wasn’t really in the mood to speak. A mood, which, changed almost entirely when she was me with an entire library.

The Slytherin’s eyes grew triple their size as she scanned the shelves from left to right. While she was still standing only a few inches from the doorway, she was still able to read most of the words written across their spines. This was incredible. There were so many questions she wanted to ask and so many volumes she wanted to read. The distraction was almost enough to make her forget what she was doing here in the first place.

Almost.

But not quite.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #3 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE
Nogtail
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 4,979

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Actually, she hadn’t gone to the office immediately because she didn’t want anyone to see that she had an appointment. If others took notice, then it would either look like she WANTED to discuss matters with Professor Sandhu on her own accord—which would paint her as a total teacher’s pet— OR it would look like what it really was. That she had been asked to pop by for a chat. Meaning: She was in trouble. Nina wanted no one to assume any of those things and so she had walked out with her classmates before making it midway down the corridor and making some silly excuse about having left something in the classroom.

Only she didn’t head for the classroom. She headed for her Professor’s office, which was why she was slightly surprised when she found out she had managed to beat Professor Sandhu. Whoops.

Nina turned slowly, her neck slowly sinking into her shoulders as she faced her Professor. Um. Okay. She turned back and reached for the doorknob, entering the office space without a word. She wasn’t really in the mood to speak. A mood, which, changed almost entirely when she was me with an entire library.

The Slytherin’s eyes grew triple their size as she scanned the shelves from left to right. While she was still standing only a few inches from the doorway, she was still able to read most of the words written across their spines. This was incredible. There were so many questions she wanted to ask and so many volumes she wanted to read. The distraction was almost enough to make her forget what she was doing here in the first place.

Almost.

But not quite.
Yes, well, it was rather difficult to ensure that the students managed to remove themselves from the classroom without damaging any equipment, or leaving a mess, or moving the desks. Often, Simran spent the whole half hour she had between lessons shifting tables around. Especially after lessons where she moved them all to the side of the room for an activity or other. And in the absence of students volunteering to help, this took time, even with magic. And so Nina Castillo had beat her to the office.

Simran hummed a little to herself as she entered her office, shutting the door behind her and making her way over to the desk. She was about three steps in when she noticed that a certain Miss Castillo was staring at her collection of titles. Chuckling, she made her way back to the girl and nudged her towards the desk.

"Sit down, dear," she said, and once the younger had gotten moving, resumed her way to the desk. "Would you like some tea?"

Once at the desk, she settled into her chair and wiggled slightly to get comfortable. Then picking up a small ream of parchment paper, she straightened it and held it across the table. "This is the work you have submitted this week," she said, wiggling the ream of parchment a little for emphasis, the bright green O on the top right corner glinting in the light of the bluebell flames. "You bring up a lot of interesting points, Miss Castillo. Points that would have been so fun to discuss in lessons."

"Is there a reason you don't enjoy speaking up in class, dear?" Actually, maybe tea would be a good idea. This seemed like a conversation best had over tea. "It's worrying to see such a bright student look so uneasy in a classroom."
__________________
my mummy said to always wear a coat ___________________________________________
but it's warm and it's heavy and we're trying to float____________________________

____________________________________don't forget, she'll be right when it's 3am
_______________________________________________so shiver, but shiver with a friend
laurange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #c51362
Posts: 10,021

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nina Castillo
Fourth Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation
Default
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Yes, well, it was rather difficult to ensure that the students managed to remove themselves from the classroom without damaging any equipment, or leaving a mess, or moving the desks. Often, Simran spent the whole half hour she had between lessons shifting tables around. Especially after lessons where she moved them all to the side of the room for an activity or other. And in the absence of students volunteering to help, this took time, even with magic. And so Nina Castillo had beat her to the office.

Simran hummed a little to herself as she entered her office, shutting the door behind her and making her way over to the desk. She was about three steps in when she noticed that a certain Miss Castillo was staring at her collection of titles. Chuckling, she made her way back to the girl and nudged her towards the desk.

"Sit down, dear," she said, and once the younger had gotten moving, resumed her way to the desk. "Would you like some tea?"

Once at the desk, she settled into her chair and wiggled slightly to get comfortable. Then picking up a small ream of parchment paper, she straightened it and held it across the table. "This is the work you have submitted this week," she said, wiggling the ream of parchment a little for emphasis, the bright green O on the top right corner glinting in the light of the bluebell flames. "You bring up a lot of interesting points, Miss Castillo. Points that would have been so fun to discuss in lessons."

"Is there a reason you don't enjoy speaking up in class, dear?" Actually, maybe tea would be a good idea. This seemed like a conversation best had over tea. "It's worrying to see such a bright student look so uneasy in a classroom."
This did not surprise Nina Castillo. Most of her classmates were absolute idiots, and to make sure they all managed to remove themselves from the classroom without damaging equipment was as if praying for a miracle. Nina often considered offering her help after a lesson, but offering assistance would paint her in a light she would rather avoid all together. It was the same reasoning behind her lack of vocal participation during class itself. If one was not careful, it was easy to be tagged as the ‘Professor’s Pet’ and this was hardly a legacy that Nina wanted to create for herself. She had worked her entire life to get rid of the tag. And seeing as Hogwarts offered her the unique opportunity to begin anew, she would never willingly bring it upon herself.

Not that any of this mattered any more, however, as her current placement within a Professor’s classroom was probably doing the exact thing she had been avoiding from the beginning. So much for fresh starts.

Her eyes quickly moved away from the books as her attention moved back to her Professor. The Slytherin began to move forward towards one of the seats, though every step felt heavy as if her feet were weighed down by concrete blocks. ”No thank you,” she shook her head, politely declining the offer. Tea would prolong the process she was hoping to speed through. There was no need to sit comfortably, as she wanted to leave as soon as possible.

Though she sat in the comfortable chair, she felt anything but. Her back remained stiff, and it was only when she drew herself closer to properly make out the bright ‘O’ that she smiled softly. She only allowed the smile to appear for a few short seconds, before swapping it out for a neutral look.

Um.

Nina shrugged in response to the question, taking a moment to consider her answer before opening her mouth to reply. ”I’d rather listen to others,” was ultimately what she chose to say, as it was honest. There was something about Professor Sandhu’s eyes that made Nina feel guilty. It was as if she was sitting across from her very own abuelita (grandmother).
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE
Nogtail
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 4,979

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
This did not surprise Nina Castillo. Most of her classmates were absolute idiots, and to make sure they all managed to remove themselves from the classroom without damaging equipment was as if praying for a miracle. Nina often considered offering her help after a lesson, but offering assistance would paint her in a light she would rather avoid all together. It was the same reasoning behind her lack of vocal participation during class itself. If one was not careful, it was easy to be tagged as the ‘Professor’s Pet’ and this was hardly a legacy that Nina wanted to create for herself. She had worked her entire life to get rid of the tag. And seeing as Hogwarts offered her the unique opportunity to begin anew, she would never willingly bring it upon herself.

Not that any of this mattered any more, however, as her current placement within a Professor’s classroom was probably doing the exact thing she had been avoiding from the beginning. So much for fresh starts.

Her eyes quickly moved away from the books as her attention moved back to her Professor. The Slytherin began to move forward towards one of the seats, though every step felt heavy as if her feet were weighed down by concrete blocks. ”No thank you,” she shook her head, politely declining the offer. Tea would prolong the process she was hoping to speed through. There was no need to sit comfortably, as she wanted to leave as soon as possible.

Though she sat in the comfortable chair, she felt anything but. Her back remained stiff, and it was only when she drew herself closer to properly make out the bright ‘O’ that she smiled softly. She only allowed the smile to appear for a few short seconds, before swapping it out for a neutral look.

Um.

Nina shrugged in response to the question, taking a moment to consider her answer before opening her mouth to reply. ”I’d rather listen to others,” was ultimately what she chose to say, as it was honest. There was something about Professor Sandhu’s eyes that made Nina feel guilty. It was as if she was sitting across from her very own abuelita (grandmother).
Now, Simran would never go so far as to claim her students were idiots, not at all. It was only that when she had a late-night lesson with Gryffindors and Slytherins together, she mentally went through several things she would rather be doing, and it was a long list. It did get reasonably entertaining too, once she had exhausted the commonplace options.

But speaking of students, this one didn't want tea. Simran's face fell, just for a moment, and the woman seemed truly offended. But it was all so fast that Nina might quite possibly have imagined it, and she quickly returned to normal. Of course it was normal not to want tea. The fact that her granddaughter loved tea so much that she named her own child after a blend had absolutely nothing to do with Simran, of course not. No reason to be upset here.

Ah, the soft smile of success. Simran had never had that smile, but Rishi had, as well as several of her colleagues she would have suspected would be Ravenclaws, had they not been Muggles. She, on the other hand, was more prone to jumping up and down in unrestrained glee, and screaming "I DID IT" at the top of her lungs. They were difficult to suppress in the presence of students but the urge still remained every time she saw the flicker of understanding in a child's eye. Gryffindor problems.

"Have you considered that, perhaps, others would like to listen to you?" she asked gently, her smile worried as she noticed the smile the young Slytherin wore fade back into an expression that betrayed nothing. "Not just me, but your classmates could benefit from hearing alternative points of view and other ways to argue things."

Wait. "Is there something bothering you, dear? Problems with your peers or at home?" Although children with problems at home often seemed excessively relieved to be back at school. But everyone reacted differently to things, so the 'usual' had no business in her office. None whatsoever.
__________________
my mummy said to always wear a coat ___________________________________________
but it's warm and it's heavy and we're trying to float____________________________

____________________________________don't forget, she'll be right when it's 3am
_______________________________________________so shiver, but shiver with a friend
laurange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #c51362
Posts: 10,021

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nina Castillo
Fourth Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation
Default
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Now, Simran would never go so far as to claim her students were idiots, not at all. It was only that when she had a late-night lesson with Gryffindors and Slytherins together, she mentally went through several things she would rather be doing, and it was a long list. It did get reasonably entertaining too, once she had exhausted the commonplace options.

But speaking of students, this one didn't want tea. Simran's face fell, just for a moment, and the woman seemed truly offended. But it was all so fast that Nina might quite possibly have imagined it, and she quickly returned to normal. Of course it was normal not to want tea. The fact that her granddaughter loved tea so much that she named her own child after a blend had absolutely nothing to do with Simran, of course not. No reason to be upset here.

Ah, the soft smile of success. Simran had never had that smile, but Rishi had, as well as several of her colleagues she would have suspected would be Ravenclaws, had they not been Muggles. She, on the other hand, was more prone to jumping up and down in unrestrained glee, and screaming "I DID IT" at the top of her lungs. They were difficult to suppress in the presence of students but the urge still remained every time she saw the flicker of understanding in a child's eye. Gryffindor problems.

"Have you considered that, perhaps, others would like to listen to you?" she asked gently, her smile worried as she noticed the smile the young Slytherin wore fade back into an expression that betrayed nothing. "Not just me, but your classmates could benefit from hearing alternative points of view and other ways to argue things."

Wait. "Is there something bothering you, dear? Problems with your peers or at home?" Although children with problems at home often seemed excessively relieved to be back at school. But everyone reacted differently to things, so the 'usual' had no business in her office. None whatsoever.
Maybe not all of them were, but they were quite a loud majority. Nina would go as far to say so, at least.

Nina took notice of her Professor's disappointment, despite how quickly the look had left her features. She felt guilty for a few short moments, again feeling rather strange and uncomfortable sitting across from the woman who reminded her of family. Still, she stood by her choice to deny the offering. Tea would mean prolonging the conversation and Nina had every intention to make this meeting to go by as quickly as humanly possible.

Nina shrugged in response to the first question, it felt rhetorical and didn't really need an answer, did it? If anything it was a leading question, one that assumed a specific answer. Perhaps her classmates would like to listen to her, but that didn't change the fact that she didn't want them to. That was her choice and no one could convince her otherwise, that much she knew. Besides, she wasn't the only one who chose to remain quiet during a lesson. It wasn't fair that she had been singled out! Plenty of people chose not to answer questions.

The second question, however, stirred a reaction from the young Sytherin. Her eyes opened widely as she began shaking her head. "No," her response tumbled out of her mouth rather hurriedly. Things weren't great at home at the moment, but it wasn't anything traumatizing. She'd be fine. Her parents would be fine. And.... At school? Sure the dormitory wasn't exactly a friendly place, and she didn't have very many friends. But she didn't need a Professor to know that, it would simply make matters WORSE. "Everything is fine, Professor, can I please go?"

Her head was starting to spin.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE
Nogtail
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 4,979

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Maybe not all of them were, but they were quite a loud majority. Nina would go as far to say so, at least.

Nina took notice of her Professor's disappointment, despite how quickly the look had left her features. She felt guilty for a few short moments, again feeling rather strange and uncomfortable sitting across from the woman who reminded her of family. Still, she stood by her choice to deny the offering. Tea would mean prolonging the conversation and Nina had every intention to make this meeting to go by as quickly as humanly possible.

Nina shrugged in response to the first question, it felt rhetorical and didn't really need an answer, did it? If anything it was a leading question, one that assumed a specific answer. Perhaps her classmates would like to listen to her, but that didn't change the fact that she didn't want them to. That was her choice and no one could convince her otherwise, that much she knew. Besides, she wasn't the only one who chose to remain quiet during a lesson. It wasn't fair that she had been singled out! Plenty of people chose not to answer questions.

The second question, however, stirred a reaction from the young Sytherin. Her eyes opened widely as she began shaking her head. "No," her response tumbled out of her mouth rather hurriedly. Things weren't great at home at the moment, but it wasn't anything traumatizing. She'd be fine. Her parents would be fine. And.... At school? Sure the dormitory wasn't exactly a friendly place, and she didn't have very many friends. But she didn't need a Professor to know that, it would simply make matters WORSE. "Everything is fine, Professor, can I please go?"

Her head was starting to spin.
Simran's concern only grew and grew as she watched the young Slytherin - of course she had noticed the girl leave lessons alone and enter them equally so, but desiring solitude and being lonely often looked the same and it was always better to be supportive and concerned than to brush it off and assume that all was well. She'd made that mistake once, assuming a student was simply tired from their workload.

She would never make the mistake she made with Brian Woods again.

And there it was, what she'd been worried about. The defensive "I'm fine" that she'd seen all too often. Oxford was a place of great stress, and it could be almost as difficult to watch as it was to bear. She'd been on both sides - she knew. Hogwarts really needed a therapist.

"You can go right after you tell me what's bothering you," she said at last, firm. "Would you like some tea?" It seemed polite to offer again, seeing as it was now possible they would be there a while.
__________________
my mummy said to always wear a coat ___________________________________________
but it's warm and it's heavy and we're trying to float____________________________

____________________________________don't forget, she'll be right when it's 3am
_______________________________________________so shiver, but shiver with a friend
laurange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DMC & DMT
Chizpurfle
 
ArianaBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: #c51362
Posts: 10,021

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nina Castillo
Fourth Year
x10 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
James Draper
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Yasmin ‘Yassi’ Golshiri
Transportation
Default
LISTEN it's pronounced 'jif' pineapples BELONG on pizza milk comes BEFORE cereal & also it's "CHarrie". amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
Simran's concern only grew and grew as she watched the young Slytherin - of course she had noticed the girl leave lessons alone and enter them equally so, but desiring solitude and being lonely often looked the same and it was always better to be supportive and concerned than to brush it off and assume that all was well. She'd made that mistake once, assuming a student was simply tired from their workload.

She would never make the mistake she made with Brian Woods again.

And there it was, what she'd been worried about. The defensive "I'm fine" that she'd seen all too often. Oxford was a place of great stress, and it could be almost as difficult to watch as it was to bear. She'd been on both sides - she knew. Hogwarts really needed a therapist.

"You can go right after you tell me what's bothering you," she said at last, firm. "Would you like some tea?" It seemed polite to offer again, seeing as it was now possible they would be there a while.
Well Nina would much rather her Professors assume she was desiring solitude! She didn't need anyone to inquire about her personal life. A personal life meant it was personal. And Nina didn't owe anyone an explanation, despite the fact that everyone asked for one anyway. It wasn't fair. Why did it matter so much anyway? Why did every Professor seem so concerned? It wasn't like she didn't do her homework, or take her assignments seriously. She never goofed off in class and always followed the rules. She always practiced politeness and hardly ever rolled her eyes at other students (this was QUITE a practice in self-control).

Nina Castillo may not have been fine, but it was no one else's business!

Professor Sandhu's tone made Nina feel very small. The Slytherin even visibly shrunk in her chair. "Nothing is bothering me, Professor," she tried again. Her voice sounding far more confident than she actually felt. She didn't want to talk to a Professor about any of this. It wasn't fair. Again she shook her head to deny the offer of tea.

She didn't want tea and she didn't want to have this conversation.
__________________
ArianaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:43 PM   #9 (permalink)


DERP & DMLE
Nogtail
 
laurange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kita's pocket
Posts: 4,979

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Simran E. Sandhu
Graduated
x9 x6

Ministry RPG Name:
Amrita Sandhu
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Laleh Kiani
Environmental Protection
Default
½ of Lauralie | Koala | The being in Ern's pocket | Baby Smurf | Prouf member of The Flock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Well Nina would much rather her Professors assume she was desiring solitude! She didn't need anyone to inquire about her personal life. A personal life meant it was personal. And Nina didn't owe anyone an explanation, despite the fact that everyone asked for one anyway. It wasn't fair. Why did it matter so much anyway? Why did every Professor seem so concerned? It wasn't like she didn't do her homework, or take her assignments seriously. She never goofed off in class and always followed the rules. She always practiced politeness and hardly ever rolled her eyes at other students (this was QUITE a practice in self-control).

Nina Castillo may not have been fine, but it was no one else's business!

Professor Sandhu's tone made Nina feel very small. The Slytherin even visibly shrunk in her chair. "Nothing is bothering me, Professor," she tried again. Her voice sounding far more confident than she actually felt. She didn't want to talk to a Professor about any of this. It wasn't fair. Again she shook her head to deny the offer of tea.

She didn't want tea and she didn't want to have this conversation.
Simran had learned many things over the years, but tragically none of those things had quite hammered out the Gryffindor stubbornness. Sure, she had outgrown most chaotic tendencies and was no longer allowed to go bungee-jumping in most places, but one thing she was good at is digging her heels into the ground. And also observing people. But mostly digging her heels in.

Was she budging? No. "Nothing at all?" she said, and the disappointment wasn't entirely feigned. No, not quite. "Well, if the academic workload isn't enough, I suppose I have been under-assigning work. Worry not! I've got dozens of worksheets on every subtopic you could imagine!"

She hadn't considered it until just that moment, but OWL-preparation did begin in fourth year! This way she could halve the workload of fifth-year revision work, but she'd just make this threat seem one-sided. For now. The fifth years still needed the worksheets, but whether this current group of fourth years needed it next term remained to be seen. Oh, if it was appropriate to cackle, she would!
__________________
my mummy said to always wear a coat ___________________________________________
but it's warm and it's heavy and we're trying to float____________________________

____________________________________don't forget, she'll be right when it's 3am
_______________________________________________so shiver, but shiver with a friend
laurange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:49 AM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192