SnitchSeeker.com

SnitchSeeker.com (https://www.snitchseeker.com/forum.php)
-   Election Era (https://www.snitchseeker.com/election-era/)
-   -   Level 10 Office (https://www.snitchseeker.com/election-era/level-10-office-80726/)

Mad Eye Touz 11-01-2010 12:39 PM

Level 10 Office
 
While its nothing special, this small office is one of the few set aside for Wizengamot members and tends to be used mostly by the employees of the British Office of Magical Law when they need to go over cases, meet with members of the public or meet with employees of other departments as required. There is a plain wooden desk and comfortable-ish chairs, along with an empty book case and a self-watering pot plant. To one side is a squishy two seater couch and a scratchy rug covers the floor. A small floo can be found here, it links only to the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, and can only be activated with the right password. Naturally there are charms in place that allow waiting Wizengamot members to listen in on trials within the courtrooms, so that they will be prepared and know when to make their entrance.

If a non-DMLE employee wishes to make use of this office they may book it with the Department Head of Magical Law Enforcement.

Cinn-O-Bun 07-02-2011 05:44 AM

Laurie had had enough of the MLE offices and all the racket that the bloody MLES head constantly made rambling on about this and that and trying to act important. CERTAIN people actually DID have IMPORTANT things to do. Today was a don't bother me or I will KILL you kind of day it seemed.

So now she sat at her desk in the bowels of the Ministry enjoying the solitude and actually getting her case files done for a change. At least down here had one benefit aside from keeping Mr. High and Mighty Auror away from her as well as Mr. Loud Mouth, it kept her from going off to find Hunter. She still didn't know what it was about him that drew her and she didn't like it.

As she was signing her name to yet another sheet of parchment she frowned as she heard VOICES. Who in the.... Dropping her quill she looked around expecting to hear someone coming to find her but the voices didn't get any louder. And they were talking about a memo.... What? Were they holding a meeting in one of her coutrooms? AND SHE WASN'T TOLD!!! Oh she'd have a talk with Evander alright. Hmph.

Ever the curious though she listened intently. To what might be said. Never hurt to have inside information.

Tegz 07-02-2011 01:17 PM

Van arrived through the floo and was surprised to see Laurie already in the office. He stepped out of the way so he wouldn't block Damien and Gabriel.

"Laurie." He greeted her tersely and offered a nod.

... and tipped his head slightly, hearing the sounds of the courtroom already.

Lovely.

Erindipity 07-02-2011 01:23 PM

Damien stepped out of the floo and dusted himself off a bit before casting a glance around.

UUUUUGGGGGHHHH. IT WAS THE ANNOYING ONE! Great. Grand. Good times.

"Laurie. Good day and all that." Then he stepped out of the way to make room for Gabe to come through.

"Van, we're here if you need us, man." Then with a clap on the man's shoulder he plopped down in a seat and started listening to the goings on.

MeredithRodneyMckay 07-02-2011 02:15 PM

Cough.

Yeah, floo travel wasn't nice. Gabe stifled a sneeze as he landed in the level ten office. And, of course, the suit was green again. Really, they needed cleaning. But more important matters at hand....

"Oh," he said, upon noticing someone already in the room. Someone that wasn't Damien or Van. "Miss Henderson." With a smile of greeting he moved over to an empty seat and parked himself in it.

"We are indeed," he nodded to his boss, half an ear already on the voices in the background.

Tegz 07-03-2011 12:01 AM

"Brief her, if you wouldn't mind." Van requested from the two men that had accompanied him. And you know, wish him luck.

Expression grim he walked out of the office, heading to the courtroom.

Cinn-O-Bun 07-03-2011 01:27 AM

WHAT. IN. THE. HELL.!!!!!

Laurie turned her head toward the fireplace as Evander, Mr. Obnoxious, and Gabriel walked out of it. Seriously...what was going on here. She had come down here for QUIET damn it.

She frowned as Damien made himself comfortable. "Gentleman..." she said looking at Evander curiously. Brief her on what?! She had just wanted to do her paperwork! Merlin....

"Alright boys what's going on?" And why the hell are you in my office making yourselves at home? UGH.

MeredithRodneyMckay 07-03-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tegz (Post 10439710)
"Brief her, if you wouldn't mind." Van requested from the two men that had accompanied him. And you know, wish him luck.

Expression grim he walked out of the office, heading to the courtroom.

Brief her? Well yes, that made sense. They'd invade her space and proceeded to sit in her chairs, so it was only right. Gabriel nodded his understanding at the request. "Good luck, Van," he said, trying to sound encouraging without being showy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinn-O-Bun (Post 10439794)
WHAT. IN. THE. HELL.!!!!!

Laurie turned her head toward the fireplace as Evander, Mr. Obnoxious, and Gabriel walked out of it. Seriously...what was going on here. She had come down here for QUIET damn it.

She frowned as Damien made himself comfortable. "Gentleman..." she said looking at Evander curiously. Brief her on what?! She had just wanted to do her paperwork! Merlin....

"Alright boys what's going on?" And why the hell are you in my office making yourselves at home? UGH.

She didn't look very happy. Gabe couldn't blame her, really. But he didn't know if it was because she wasn't keen on guests, or who the guests were. He didn't bother to ask.

"A meeting," Gabe stated, pointing in the direction of courtroom ten, from which voices were still emanating. "Minister Borr called one with the Department Heads. Evander isn't happy about....well, a few things going on, so he asked us to sit in here, listen in and be back up if he needs us." That was brief.

Before he could say anything else there was a loud bellow about jogging on the spot, and the room started to shake. "Either we're having an earthquake, or Borr is jogging as well...." Considering the mental image the latter was giving him, Gabriel was sort of hoping it wasn't that.

Erindipity 07-05-2011 01:58 PM

Damien gave Van a little salute type of thing and nodded as Gabe explained things to the idiot woman. Gah how she ended up promoted he would NEVER know.

Anyway he had more important things to deal with than some crabby woman with a superiority complex. Pffft.

From the spot he sat he began to listen in on the proceedings with great interest....

Tegz 07-29-2011 11:35 PM

Out of the courtroom and into the office on level ten where some of his employees had been right there and listening to all that had taken place in the courtroom.

"I knew it wasn't going to be pretty." He muttered after shutting the door and making sure it was closed tight.

"This," He added quietly, "Means war." And then he went straight up through the floo to level 2, to wait for the fall out.

Erindipity 07-30-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tegz (Post 10496725)
Out of the courtroom and into the office on level ten where some of his employees had been right there and listening to all that had taken place in the courtroom.

"I knew it wasn't going to be pretty." He muttered after shutting the door and making sure it was closed tight.

"This," He added quietly, "Means war." And then he went straight up through the floo to level 2, to wait for the fall out.

Damien's teeth were gritted and his fists clenched. He wanted NOTHING more at the moment than to bust through that door and duel D'Isigny and all of his lackeys to the death. ESPECIALLY that prat, Armen Recard.

As soon as Van came through Damien rose from his seat and nodded his head, not sure he trusted his voice to be as quiet as it needed to be given the situation.

Following behind Van he stepped into the Floo and made his way to Level 2 right behind his bossman.

MeredithRodneyMckay 07-31-2011 03:21 PM

Gabriel was actually shocked. Too shocked for words, in fact. He let the voices wash over him, their conversation slowly sinking into his head. The voices of two people inparticular most strong - Recard and Borr. But what they were saying didn't really register until Van had returned and spoken.

War.

Yes. Yes it did.

Clenching his fist into a ball, Gabe rose to his feet and watched Damien and Van disappear back up the floo towards level two. Nodding at Laurie, he stepped in after them and was soon gone in a green flash.

Fira 12-09-2011 11:02 PM

...and in a few minutes the floo carried him to this certain office on level 10. Eh. Ryan never liked level 10 either because courts were definitely the boring side of a lew enforcing job which was why he would never wish to be in a Wizengamot employee's place.

Before he looked around properly though, the man stepped out and away from the floo knowing Gavin was following. He did not want the other man to appear on him all in a sudden, did he? Definitely not. That would not have been nice experience. NOW he looked around the office properly which was very plain as usual. Plain and boring.

No tea?

Pfft.

Holmesian Feline 12-09-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_the_Firelady (Post 10800263)
...and in a few minutes the floo carried him to this certain office on level 10. Eh. Ryan never liked level 10 either because courts were definitely the boring side of a lew enforcing job which was why he would never wish to be in a Wizengamot employee's place.

Before he looked around properly though, the man stepped out and away from the floo knowing Gavin was following. He did not want the other man to appear on him all in a sudden, did he? Definitely not. That would not have been nice experience. NOW he looked around the office properly which was very plain as usual. Plain and boring.

No tea?

Pfft.

Gavin appeared in the floo fireplace shortly after his companion, coughing at the dust that had come with them and covering his mouth with a clenched fist. Yeah, floo was definantly not a nice clean way to move from place to place. He looked around once he was settled, stepping out into the room proper...a room he had to admit he had never been in.

Not like he was MLE. And level 10 was filled with courtrooms that he prefered to stay out for any reason while he lived.

"So...our next case involves an actual criminal?" he asked not knowing what else to say. Though he had felt the need to break the silence some how and it had seemed the most fitting to appear normal to anyone else that might have ever seen the two of them.

Fira 12-09-2011 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macavity (Post 10800294)
Gavin appeared in the floo fireplace shortly after his companion, coughing at the dust that had come with them and covering his mouth with a clenched fist. Yeah, floo was definantly not a nice clean way to move from place to place. He looked around once he was settled, stepping out into the room proper...a room he had to admit he had never been in.

Not like he was MLE. And level 10 was filled with courtrooms that he prefered to stay out for any reason while he lived.

"So...our next case involves an actual criminal?" he asked not knowing what else to say. Though he had felt the need to break the silence some how and it had seemed the most fitting to appear normal to anyone else that might have ever seen the two of them.

As he waited for Gavin to arrive in this MLE office place, Ryan kept eyeing around a bit more. He did not think he had the enough time to claim one of these chairs and wait for Gawain to arrive. Simply because...there he had already arrived.

Well...after the voiced words now he could clearly see that his friend did not like transporting via floo network either. However, somehow that, the sight of the other man, made him laugh a bit.

*ahem*

Okay.

Coming to his proper self after a short cough to hide the laughter, Ryan indicated him the door that opened to the corridor. ''Let's move. I see no tea in this room.''

Not even anything related to it. So, with a quick random nod, Ryan made his was out the room.

Holmesian Feline 12-10-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara_the_Firelady (Post 10800314)


As he waited for Gavin to arrive in this MLE office place, Ryan kept eyeing around a bit more. He did not think he had the enough time to claim one of these chairs and wait for Gawain to arrive. Simply because...there he had already arrived.

Well...after the voiced words now he could clearly see that his friend did not like transporting via floo network either. However, somehow that, the sight of the other man, made him laugh a bit.

*ahem*

Okay.

Coming to his proper self after a short cough to hide the laughter, Ryan indicated him the door that opened to the corridor. ''Let's move. I see no tea in this room.''

Not even anything related to it. So, with a quick random nod, Ryan made his was out the room.

Gavin brushed himself off as he awaited a response from his friend, the dust having settled on their clothes as well. Not that Ryan seemed to mind that part of the travel since he had apparently made no move to rectify the condition of his robes since he had landed in the floo moments before his own landing.

"Right...because we need tea," he responded with a quizzical eyebrow, the comment not to mention the horribly hidden laughter the law enforcement work gave in response to his presence was sending up questions in his mind. But in the end he followed Ryan obediantly out of the office like the dog he was in animangas form.

In one way and out another. It certainly seemed like they were going in circles.

Holmesian Feline 07-18-2016 10:40 PM

From Level 2
 
The direct floo deposited them in the MLE office of Level 10. Simon stepped out once they were settled, his eyes making a quick survey of the room more out of habit than necessity. It wasn't as if the security man expected anything out of the ordinary and the only ones likely to be around were prosecutors and such as there wasn't much in the way of cases going on.

"Before we continue...I wanted to make sure I wasn't overwhelming you with information." Simon turning his attention back to Ivy. "I know it can be a lot, especially on your first day."

TakemetotheBurrow 07-19-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline (Post 11996277)
The direct floo deposited them in the MLE office of Level 10. Simon stepped out once they were settled, his eyes making a quick survey of the room more out of habit than necessity. It wasn't as if the security man expected anything out of the ordinary and the only ones likely to be around were prosecutors and such as there wasn't much in the way of cases going on.

"Before we continue...I wanted to make sure I wasn't overwhelming you with information." Simon turning his attention back to Ivy. "I know it can be a lot, especially on your first day."

Ivy's gaze followed Simon's, taking note of her surroundings as she was apt to do in unfamiliar locations. It just as quickly returned to him as he began to speak, though. She was eager to soak in any and all information he was willing to divulge.

"It is-a lot, I mean-but it'll all be beneficial to me in the coming weeks so I'm eager to learn it all and appreciative of your help." She smiled some, very clearly unbothered by the tour so far. "If I forget anything or have questions, believe me, I'll ask." She wasn't shy when it came to that.

Holmesian Feline 07-26-2016 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TakemetotheBurrow (Post 11996697)
Ivy's gaze followed Simon's, taking note of her surroundings as she was apt to do in unfamiliar locations. It just as quickly returned to him as he began to speak, though. She was eager to soak in any and all information he was willing to divulge.

"It is-a lot, I mean-but it'll all be beneficial to me in the coming weeks so I'm eager to learn it all and appreciative of your help." She smiled some, very clearly unbothered by the tour so far. "If I forget anything or have questions, believe me, I'll ask." She wasn't shy when it came to that.

He liked someone who was willing to admit that it might be a lot but still showing enthusiasm. Not someone who was trying to be all brave and Ivy was one of the former which was good. She was still with him in this tour of his which was also good. “Very well…I stand warned,” Simon remarked, though his tone didn’t have a negative tone with it. With that being said, the security man supposed it was time to continue so he moved to further cross the office they were in to see it from a different perspective as well as be ready to head out to other points of interest.

“This office is mostly for use of the Wizamagot,” Simon mentioned as he nodded hello to the stragglers who seemed intent enough in their work to be kept from introductions at the moment. Time enough for that along the way. “Though not many cases are being brought to trial at the moment.” Hence the nearly empty office. That and there was still plenty of day for anyone to pop in. He then opened up the door for his companion to lead them out to move on.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196