View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 11:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kaos.Doodles
Dark Force Defense League

SS Featured Author
Clabbert

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Takeru Asakura
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Legend Chosen
Magical Law Enforcement

x5 x7
★ BabyQuad ★ PERRY THE PLATYPUS ★ Ern's Fave ★ dangerous with brooms ★

RAWR! This annoyed me. Really. It didn't turn out the way I wanted...but...here it is. (this is like...related to my first ficlet)

On my Own

Ok I just thought of something. Something very important. Serious too. It’s time to tell my story. They way I remember it, what happened after I ran away. Cause if I don’t tell it and hit my head I’ll forget or something right? And if I don’t tell it who else will?

Ok so, as the train pulled into the station I stared up at it as I sat on the bench. A number of people were getting off and on so there was buzzing around me. It must have looked weird to some people. A ten year old boy, sitting on a bench hugging a backpack? Weird. But I didn’t really care what they thought; as long as they didn’t call the police so I did want to try to look normal. When I had gotten dressed that morning I tried to make myself look normal, which was not at all like me. You know normal t-shirt and a light jacket, normal jeans. Even my hair was combed for once. You know like a normal boy; not like someone on the run. Kicking the ground a bit I sighed. I knew went through with this then I couldn’t be me anymore. I couldn’t be Tyson Chosen. The thought comforted me, but also made me scared.

As the train whistled for the third time, I guessed that it was probably leaving soon, even though it had came not to long ago. Standing up and putting my backpack on my back and picked up a small duffle bag from next to me. Standing in the line to get on the train I wasn’t really paying much attention so I didn’t notice a guy with a mustache talking to me.

“Do you have a ticket please young man?” The mustache man asked. That this was freaky, like those weird fake mustache you saw on tv that French people supposedly wore.

“Um yeah.” I said then reached into my pocket and gave him the ticket. It had cost $50 but that wasn’t too much. Before I left home I had taken $450 from my mother. Plus one of her bank cards, that I knew the pin to. No one can call me stupid.

“Aren’t you a little young to be riding the train all by you’re self.” The mustache man asked. Like it was any of his business. I wanted to ask him if it was against the law to wear a mustache that scary but didn’t.

“No. I’m 19. I just look young for my age. And also…” I motioned from him to come closer to me and he did. “I come from a family of…um how you say…vertically challenged people.” I said whispering the last part.

“Oh! Right sir. Sorry about that.” He said looking uncomfortable and letting me on the train. What a dope. Anyways I took my bag and stuff and began to walk to the back of the train. I didn’t really have a clue to where I was going. I did know that I wanted to get is far as I could away from my house, so my mom couldn’t find me. Most of the compartments in the train were full. I did find one with only one person in it; an old man reading a book. He looked like…an old man, you know, white hair, watery eyes, wrinkles, the usual.

I walked into the compartment and he took a quick glace at me then turned back to his book. I didn’t care though. I had much more things to worry about. Sitting down I began to think up my plans. Plan number one; get a job. That way I’d be able to send money to my little sister Alexis back home, my brother too. I love my sister. When I told her I was leaving she didn’t make a fuss or anything, she understood. We share a bond like that. My younger brother Lysander is just a baby. So that gives me more reason for giving them money back home. Even though I hadn’t been away from long I was already missing them. Ha weird I know right? I mean I missed Lysander’s constant crying. I missed Lex telling me to call Lysander ‘Legend’. I missed all of it. Who would have thought? Anyways... maybe I should find somewhere to stay before I found a job? Like a hotel or something? That would be a good idea.

So yeah…I was thinking then I noticed that the old man was staring at me with a smile. It was creepy. When the old man noticed that I was looking at him back he chuckled.

“Running from something son?” The old man asked. I just looked at him surprised, how did he know!

“No sir.” I answered. It wasn’t like I was gonna tell the old man anything. And why was he calling me son? My own father didn’t even call me son when I saw him!

“Running away won’t solve anything son.” The old man said still wearing a smile. “My name is Edmond Denn. What’s your name son?”

Erm...I’m not running away.” I said again. Name? Name? Ohh no I hadn’t thought of a name! Saying the first thing that came to my mind I shrugged. “Um…Kevin…Kevin McCallister.” I said. Ohh thank you old muggle movies! Thank you so much.

“Kevin huh? Tisk, tisk, it isn’t good to lie Tyson.” Edmond the old man said in a whisper. Now I HAVE to admit I nearly fell off my seat when he said my name. I mean that’s creepier than creepy! “I bet you’re wondering how I know you’re name huh Tyson?” The man asked. I just nodded. “It’s called magic, Legilimency to be more exact.” Edmond said.

Now if I didn’t come from the family I came from I would that that man was crazy. Straight up bonkers! I mean magic, come on! But, in my house I had heard of magic. My father was a wizard. So this didn’t seem too weird; even if I didn’t know that much about magic.

“You’re about 9 right? You’re gonna start Hogwarts soon aren’t you?”

“I’m 10 dude. And I’m not going to Hog…whatever.” It’s not like I had anything against the place it’s just that, that Wizarding School is like KNOWN, and when I say known I mean known by every magical person. I do not want to go to a school where they can find me you know?

Edmond chuckled. He looked kinda like Santa when he did that. You know with the white hair and big belly. It may me think…DUDE! Santa was a WIZARD! That’s why he’s been alive all these years. Anyways maybe Santa was him. Not that I really believed in Saint Nick…it’s just that…ok maybe I DID believe in him, but no one needs to know that..

“Running away never solves anything, but I believe you have a good reason for doing this. Listen Tyson, when I was younger I tried to run away. I fell flat on my face. You can’t get far with what you’re doing. The monkey you have will vanish like poof.” He said snapping his fingers. “You need help. I can help you. My wife and I help runaways, young witch and wizards to be more specific. You help by doing chores. We supply food shelter and pay. What do you think?” Edmond finished reaching he hand out like a jester to shake mine.

Ok so yeah I know. Going someone with a man I don’t know is wrong…blah blah blah. I might get kidnapped blah blah blah, he could be an ex con. I get it! But if you think about it…he couldn’t be worse than my mother right? I mean she surely wasn’t a stranger (hello she gave birth to me) but she was just as bad as one. So this guy couldn’t be worse right? Nodding I shook his hand.

“It would probably be best to keep that name of yours Kevin.”
Edmond said with a wink.

So yeah that’s how I remember it. That happened about a week ago. Edmond and Rosie (his wife) are pretty cool. There are other runaways here as well. Only four others. Maya, (real name Ella) who’s 14, Victoria (Autumn) the same age as me and so is Sebastian (Jose), and Carlos (Luis) is 12. Even if everyone here is pretty cool that doesn’t mean that I’m gonna stay here forever. After my first year in Wizarding School I’m gone. Sebastian (again real name Jose) said the same thing. I’m not staying in one place to long. Nooo way.

So the point of my story is…well I don’t really have a point. I’m not too happy in running away, or staying with people I don’t really know. I miss my sister, my brother, and my dad and I have no clue how im gonna make it past age 12. But I guess everything works out for a reason right?

Yeah I’m on my own. But I’m alright with that. I got people looking after me; and people I gotta look after. That is my story. And that’s just how life goes.

{act like you know me, but you never will}__{but there's one thing that I know for sure}

{i'll show you}