View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #232 (permalink)
Anna Banana

DMC & DMGS
Selkie

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Bellerose
Slytherin
Second Year

x1
Hiss!Roar!Growl!Caw! | Hermione's Double | The Little Three | Alecate

Model: Sarah Hyland

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

SIERRA HOPE GREINGOTH
Cunning. Ambitious. Determined. Slytherin.

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folks use any means
To achieve their ends.

THE BASICS
Hey! My name is Sierra Hope Greingoth.
You can call me Sierra I don't have any nicknames. Not yet, at least, but my father calls me Si or Si Bear.
I am seventeen-years-old.
My parents are both pure-bloods, which would make me pure-blooded, too.
I was born in London, England.
I currently live in Hogsmeade, Scotland with my mom, dad, and little sister.
My birthday is on March 17, 2062
Right now, I'm a seventh year. Class of '80, for the win!
You can see that I am a girl.
You could say I run with the snakes.
My wand is 10.5 inches; Ebony; Solid; Dragon heartstring core
My patronus is a jaguar.
My boggart is my birth mother.

APPEARANCE
+Hair: Long, dark brown, and slightly curly, just like her mother and older sister.
+Eyes: Dark brown, just like everyone on her father's side. Extra big, too, which is just like no one else she knows!
+Build: Sierra has a small build, but she's actually a little taller than the average height for her age. As a matter of fact, her birth mother is only about an inch or two taller than she is. She seems to be taking after her father when it comes to height. Now a seventh year, Sierra has grown to what will likely be her ful height of 5'6"!
+Height: 5 feet, 6 inches
+General appearance: Save for her extra big eyes (her best feature, she'll say), Sierra's appearance is nearly an even reflection of both her father and her birth mother. Although, as she ages, she looks more and more like her father every day. With her long, dark brown, naturally curly hair, it's not difficult to tell that she could be a younger version of Bella Montez and Anna Greingoth-Newell. Sierra even (luckily, she'll say) inherited her birth mother's naturally tan skin, a trait reflective of the Montez's Puerto Rican roots. Despite how much she resembles the appearance of her birth mother and older sister, though, Sierra is extremely different, you'll see, when it comes to personality and beliefs. She's no Bella Montez or Anna Greingoth. Her facial features, height, and personality leave no doubt that she is Alexander Greingoth's mini-me, as you will soon be able to tell upon meeting her or spending any amount of time with her. More often than not, especially when in the presence of Hufflepuffs ("Puffers") or Gryffindors, Sierra is easily annoyed into an eye roll or a glare. Other times, she has an excellent poker face, and it's difficult to tell if she's content, happy, annoyed, or angry. Consider yourself extremely lucky if she passes even a slight smile or a laugh your way.

AN IN-DEPTH LOOK
ABOUT ME
From the time she was old enough to realize that she was a real witch and what that would mean for her, Sierra has always been a very pro-Slytherin little girl. Her father, Alexander Salazar Greingoth II, was a Slytherin and has always wanted a child or grandchild to be sorted into Slytherin house. Very early on, he saw promise in Sierra and taught her what it truly means to be a Slytherin (in his eyes, of course), and she grew to admire the way the snakes are so ambitious and try extremely hard to achieve their goals.

Sierra will even admit that she's a bit on the cunning side, as well. When she was younger, she would often times trick her brother into things that could very well get him into a heap of trouble. Once, she managed to secretly get out the house with her birth mother's wand, and although she didn't really cast a spell with it (she didn't actually know any spells back then, since she was only eight-years-old), she used the threat of a spell to try and convince her brother to overcome his fear of flying and actually get on his new toy broom (her threat didn't work, by the way). When Alex (her twin brother) asked to hold the wand, Sierra reluctantly handed it over--seconds before her birth mother walked out the house to join them in the backyard. Of course Sierra didn't take the wand back--why would she, when having it would get her into trouble? Deciding it would be much better on her to pretend as if Alex had had the wand all along, Sierra simply stood back and let the cards fall where they may (luckily, neither twin ever got caught and the wand was returned without their parents ever finding out).

While she does in fact consider herself a true Slytherin, it's also true that Sierra isn't intentionally a mean-spirited little girl. She's slightly mature for her age and has a very no-nonsense type attitude. She's very blunt with her opinions and most of the time comes across as extremely sarcastic; but if she isn't overly annoyed by you or doesn't see you as a threat to her own achievements, it's likely she'll at least be civil toward you. She can be nice (sometimes) and actually hopes to make friends, but it's likely at some point her natural instincts--to be ambitious and cunning--will shine through, and she'll attempt to one-up you in something, be it house points, praise from professors, or just normal teenager-type things in general. If she considers you a friend, a frenemy, or at least wants or needs something from you, though, she just might end up using her Slytherin traits to help you, as well.

Some say that Sierra is a force to reckoned with and that she is a very mean-spirited young lady. To say that, though, means a person actually hasn't gotten to know her very well. While its true that she's a no-nonsense sort of person and strives to succeed at (sometimes) the expense of others, she was also raised to be a very respectable person. At home, her mother makes her wake up by seven and help with the cooking and cleaning around the house. Although her inner thoughts and feelings may suggest otherwise, you'll never find Sierra disrespecting any adult. She's extremely ambitious and loves to win, but then again, which Slytherin doesn't?

I'm super fond of Slytherin house, my family and friends, my mom and dad, my baby sister Ariadne, being a witch, magical means of doing anything, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, Potions, Transfiguration, being on the Slytherin Quidditch team, my owl and kneazle, trips to the beach (I went to Hawaii when I was younger, and I actually had a really good time!), sleeping late, weekends, summer break, hanging out in Hogsmeade, and hanging out with my older sister.
But I do not care for My biological mother, Hufflepuff house, annoying Gryffindors, Kurumi Hollingberry, overly-excited or overly-friendly people (no one is that friendly; they have to be up to something), Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Divination, Muggle Studies, having to ride the Hogwarts Express to and from school even though I live within walking distance, my middle name, those weird flavors at Florean Fortescue's (like Troll Bogey [ew!] or Corned Beef Sandwich [really, does anyone ever order that?], losing at anything, times when my brother acts like a wimp (Really, Alex? Seriously?), having to wake up early, homework, losing, and Muggle means of doing anything!

Some of my aspirations include
+Making the Slytherin Quidditch team [for a seventh time]
+Being the overall top points earner [This is my year to shine now that the Dictionary Eater is gone!]
+Slytherin winning the House Cup, Quidditch Cup, and Gobstones Cup
+Completing the Alzheimer's Potion that I've been working on with Treyen since first year

A few fears sometimes get in the way
+Failure (despite what she says, Sierra really does care)
+Losing what little family I have left
+Losing my mother, who recently almost died
+Never going pro in Quidditch
+I don't have fears...wimps. *pretends those first four aren't there*
FURTHER MORE
History
Alexander Greingoth and Bella Montez were only nineteen-years-old when their first child, Anna Bella, was born. Although both hoped to have at least one or two more children a few years after Anna's birth, the dream was never able to become a reality. Over time, the then-married Greingoths began to accept the fact that one child was all they'd be blessed with, and by the time Anna had reached ten-years-old, they'd pretty much cast aside all dreams of any additional children. That is, until fate decided to step in. Shortly after Anna began her Hogwarts years, Bella discovered that she was finally expecting again--with twins, no less! Despite the fact that the couple was quite surprised--and quite frantic about the thought of multiples, mind you--they managed to pull everything together and prepare for the best possible life for their new babies. Sierra and Alex's family (their parents, older sister, and grandparents) all teamed together to help one another through the sudden twists, turns, and curve balls that comes with introducing multiples into a family.

Once again, Alexander and Bella proved to be wonderful parents, and Sierra and Alex were partially raised with both their parents (up to age 11, which is the year their parents got divorced) having what Sierra likes to call one of the best lives anyone could ask for! Knowing their children would be attending Hogwarts once they reached eleven-years-old, Alexander and Bella didn't bother with sending Sierra and Alex to a Muggle school. Neither parent saw the point in introducing them to Muggle-type lessons when most of it would just be forgotten and a distant memory once the Hogwarts letters arrived. Instead, Sierra and Alex were home-schooled, learning the basics plus a little bit of magic, too (by watching and listening, of course, since both were too young and too untrained to perform magic themselves).

On the morning of March 17, 2073 (Sierra's 11th birthday), she got out of bed way earlier than normal (6:51 A.M., to be exact) and waited by the kitchen window for a sign that her Hogwarts letter was on its way. About five hours later (her neck was getting really sore by then), a familiar sound, the sound of an owl approaching, echoed throughout the house. Sierra ran to the front door and opened it wide, giving the owl plenty of room to soar through and deliver the letters. From the moment she and Alex received their letters, Hogwarts was all Sierra could think about. She began wearing at least something green each day, and when she thought nobody was looking, she'd wave a twig through the air and pretend it was a real wand.

* See "THE HOGWARTS YEARS" for the latest updates.

THE HOGWARTS YEARS
Year One; Term 27
OOC dates: January, 2011 - April, 2011
IC dates: September, 2073 - June, 2074

Sierra officially kicked off her Hogwarts years by 'accidentally' wandering into the prefects compartment on the Hogwarts Express. The school's student leaders were more than understanding and even let her remain in the compartment for the entire ride. At the start of term feast, Sierra was, as she and her family expected, sorted into Slytherin house. At the same feast, her twin brother became the first ever member of the Greingoth-Montez family to be sorted into Hufflepuff house. This separation drove the already-at-odds twins further apart, as Sierra found it more and more difficult to get along with her 'Puffer Brother'. Alex wasn't the only 'Puffer Child' Sierra couldn't get along with, as she more often than not found herself at odds with most Puffers that came her way. The only two exceptions seemed to be Jake Upstead, who gave her a Slytherin ring at the start of term feast, and Treyen Lockhart, who became her Potions partner after the first Potions for Muggles Club meeting. Together, the two are working on a potion to combat the effects of Alzheimer's.

As a pureblood witch raised in a purely magical home, Sierra found it difficult to keep up in some of her classes. It seemed that more than just the Muggle Studies professor had a sincere interest in using magic to help Muggles, a concept Sierra never really could understand. She somehow managed to pull through, though, and in the end placed first points-wise in her house and second points-wise in the school. She was also a member of the Slytherin Quidditch team, playing as Keeper for the duration of her first term. At different points throughout the year, Sierra received two Flying-related injuries to her left arm; one during the last Quidditch match of the season, and the other during the Flying class final. Lucky for Sierra, her shoulder was able to completely heal both times.

At the end of Sierra's first year, her parents divorced, and her father decided to start a life with his Hogwarts best friend, Hecate Lafay, who just so happened to be Sierra's Potions Professor and Head of House. Sierra's parents allowed her to choose which parent she'd live with, and she chose her father, the parent she'd been closest to her whole life. When Alex chose his mother, it split the Greingoths in half, a transition Sierra took much better than her brother. Sierra spent the summer break adjusting to her new life with her father. Together, the two toured Hawaii with her father's new girlfriend.

Year Two; Term 28
OOC dates: April, 2011 - August, 2011
IC dates: September, 2074 - June, 2075

Sierra began her second year by being part of a team of students who explored an abandoned pirate ship during the first week of school. Unbeknownst to Sierra, pirate ghosts were also aboard the ship, and a small group of students, Sierra included, became possessed by the ghosts. At first, Sierra's symptoms were small. She stayed hungry a lot (something very unlike her) and sick a lot, as well. Later in the school, Sierra began to have moments where she'd speak in an unfamiliar language (pirate talk) and sword fight other students. This strange behavior ended with a pirate duel in the Great Hall and another duel during the Flying final exam. At the very end of the school year, the pirate ghosts finally accomplished what they'd come to do, and their spirits left the bodies of the possessed children, Sierra included.

In other news, Sierra and Treyen never quite got the chance to work on the potion they'd started brewing last school year. Sierra had discovered she had a crush on Treyen, and because Treyen had started a relationship with Ellie Stone, Sierra found times with him to be sort of awkward. At the end of the school year, Potions students were assigned the task of polyjuicing into another student and writing about their experience. In order to have her "one little moment" with Treyen, Sierra polyjuiced into Kurumi Hollingberry, who she knew was good friends with Treyen. As Kurumi, Sierra kissed Treyen, who ended up kissing her in return. Unbeknownst to Sierra, she's been mostly figured out, so who knows what her next meeting with Treyen and Kurumi will be like.

Slytherin house ended up winning the House Cup, the Quidditch Cup, and the Gobstones Cup, an accomplishment Sierra hopes they'll repeat during her third year. Sierra also won the honor of being first place beater, meaning she had the most bludger hits of all beaters that year.

Year Three; Term 29
OOC dates: September, 2011 - December, 2011
IC dates: September, 2075 - June, 2076

During the summer just before her third year, life started getting hard for Sierra. She was kidnapped by her non-custodial birth mother (who'd gone mad after losing both her husband and daughter) and taken to Puerto Rico. Her father and Professor Lafay searched for her and finally found her in the custody of her mother.

In order to prevent Bella Montez from running off with her again, Alexander and Hecate pretended not to want Sierra, although they couldn't exactly tell Sierra of their plan. Sierra ended up running away from home and spent the last week of her summer on the run, staying in places like The Leaky Cauldron and finally, Kurumi Hollingberry's home. She boarded the Hogwart's Express straight from Kurumi's home and met Tori Bunbury along the way.

On the train, Tori purchased so much candy from the trolley that Sierra had to help her bring it back to the compartment. Seeing as Sierra had been on the run for quite some time and was starving, she took a small handful of Tori's candy, hoping she wouldn't notice. Of course the girl did, and at the Start of Term Feast, Tori marched right up to Sierra, grabbed her by the chin and demanded that she give all the candy back. Sierra promptly spit the gum into Tori's hand, causing Tori to take it and smear it into Sierra's hair. This was the beginning of a 'frenemy' relationship between the two.

Later, Sierra met with Professor Lafay, who told her the true story of what had happened during the kidnapping. The only bad news was the kidnapping had destroyed Alexander and Hecate's relationship, causing the two to call it quits. The first part of Sierra's third year was extremely difficult. She was dealing with the aftermath of the kidnapping and due to the break-up, things at home weren't all that great either. Christmas rolled around, and just after Sierra said her goodbyes to Professor Lafay, she headed home to Hogsmeade. Just as she stepped outside the school grounds, though, her mother kidnapped her a second time. Alexander and Hecate were quick to track her down this time, though.

...and a short time later, Bella Montez mysteriously disappeared, and she hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Sierra finished her third year on a better note. Alexander and Hecate reunited, and together, the three began working on rebuilding their lives.

Year Four; Term 30
OOC dates: January, 2012 - April, 2012
IC dates: September, 2076 - June, 2077

Fourth year proved to be a rather uneventful time for Sierra as far as her school life was concerned. She did made the Slytherin Quidditch team for a fourth time, playing once again as Beater. However, Slytherin fell short in not only Quidditch, but also in the race for the House Cup and the Gobstones Cup. As a matter of fact, they ended up having to hand over all three cups to Hufflepuff house, much to Sierra's dismay. Sierra, however, claims that she did her part in working to protect their ownership of the House Cup. For the fourth time in a row, she earned the honor of highest point-winning Slytherin. Toward the end of the year, Sierra started experienced weird behavior--freezing in place and losing track of time. The term ended with the behavior being a mystery left unexplained.

Her home life was much, much better than it has been, as Alexander and Hecate were married on Christmas Day, 2076. After the ceremony, which took place in an undisclosed location, Sierra was surprised with an extra special Christmas gift--adoption papers from Hecate Lafay, who gave her a ring at the ceremony that symbolized their union, as well. After years of trauma and heartache, Sierra finally had a mother who loved her and cared for her the way a mother should. At home, she began calling Professor Lafay 'Mom', but at school, she still refers to the woman as Professor Lafay. The family of three lives happily in their cottage in Hogsmeade, Scotland.

Year Five; Term 31
OOC dates: May, 2012 - August, 2012
IC dates: September, 2077 - June, 2078

Fifth year got off to a good start for Sierra, as she'd been named Slytherin prefect over the summer and would be coming to school with a new badge to say so. Early on, she also developed a crush on Kennedy Escalante, her co-prefect and fellow Quidditch team beater. She and Kennedy first became friends, yet Sierra quickly discovered that she actually had stronger feelings for Kennedy.

Mid-term, Sierra began to freeze in place more often, and once in Potions class, she froze and didn't recover. She was among a group of students taken to the Hospital Wing for curing, and she eventually was able to unfreeze with the help of the Healer. Soon afterwards, Sierra and Kennedy began to meet up more often, eventually discovering that they both had strong feelings for one another. Kennedy was the first boy Sierra ever had these type of feelings for before, and he was also the first boy to hold her hand or ask her out on a date. The two went to Madame Puddifoot's the next Hogsmeade weekend.

Slytherin house fell short this term, coming in third place in the house points race and in Quidditch. They came in slightly better in Gobstones, where they placed second. The year ended on a low note, as Sierra's mother, Professor Lafay, became ill and grew sicker by the day. She passed out just before the End-of-Term Feast, and the Healer met privately with Sierra to tell her of her mother's disease and surprise pregnancy. Sierra left home and spent the summer staying close to her mother and hoping for a cure.

Year Six; Term 32
OOC dates: September, 2012 - December, 2012
IC dates: September, 2078 - June, 2079

Sixth year was a trying time for Sierra. Her mother's condition got worse, and it was clear that the woman was dying. Sierra refused to accept this, though, and hung on to the hope that her mother would make it. She grew resentful over the fact that fate had given her the mother she'd always dreamed of only to take her away after such a short time. One a more positive note, Sierra and Kennedy Escalante grew closer, and early in the term, he asked her to be his girlfriend. Sierra accepted and gained a shoulder to lean on as she fought through the heartache of her mother's condition.

For the sixth year in a row, Sierra made the Slytherin Quidditch team. She played as Beater but had to miss the last match of the season due to hurting her arm. Although she was disappointed that she missed it, she was also grateful because by that time, nobody could deny her mother was going to die. The hardest part was that her mother was also pregnant, making it two lives at stake. Sierra hung in there, though, making a huge effort to keep up her grades and maintain her prefect status. Even this proved to be difficult, though, as a man-eating plant took its place in the school and ate two professors and some creatures. Sierra was part of the group that helped fight the poltergeist responsible and return the school back to its normal state. The group discovered that the poltergeist feared felines, and therefore planned to unleash an army of cats.

That summer, Sierra's mother confided in her that she was heading on a journey to a foreign country in order to get healed. This was a secret between mother and daughter only, even though Sierra's father knew his wife had left for unknown reasons. Weeks into the summer, Sierra's mother returned, and the family is currently working on healing the hurt caused by the illness. The good news is that the baby was born--a little girl named Ariadne Cecilia. Sierra loves her baby sister a lot and plans to help raise her to be yet another strong, Slytherin Greingoth woman.

Year Seven; Term 33
OOC dates: January, 2013 - April, 2013
IC dates: September, 2078 - June, 2079

***IN PROGRESS***

My family is my whole world. I love you, Mom, Dad, and Ariadne.
+The Father: Alexander Salazar Greingoth II (born 2031)
+The Mother: Hecate Scarlett Lafay Greingoth (born 2032)
+The Siblings: My baby sister Ariadne Cecilia Greingoth (born 2078), my older sister Anna Bella Greingoth-Newell (born 2050), and my half brother [Alex]ander Salazar Greingoth III (born 2062)
+The Maternal Grandparents: Isabella Sierra Montez and Alejandro Diego Montez
+The Paternal Grandparents: Alexander Salazar Greingoth I and Vanessa Hope Greingoth

+The pets: Two, an owl named Nox and a kneazle named Hissy Fit. Beware of the kneazle! While calm and friendly around the few she trusts, she will become defensive and start hissing angrily toward all others.

EXTRA! EXTRA!
At the end of Sierra's first year, she and her brother were checked out of school one day to have a family meeting with their mother and father. It was during this meeting that the twins were told their mother and father would be divorcing after a twenty-something year long marriage. Because their parents were attempting to make this transition as easy as possible on their two youngest children, they allowed both Sierra and Alex to choose which parent they'd permanently live with. As a result, Alexander Greingoth received sole custody of Sierra, while Bella Montez received sole custody of Alex. Alexander Greingoth moved on and began a life with his Hogwarts best friend, Hecate Lafay. The two were married Christmas, 2076, and Sierra was adopted by Lafay that very same day. Now-a-days, the family of three four (including Ariadne!) lives happily in a cottage in Hogsmeade, Scotland.

OOC EXTRA! EXTRA!
For those of you who have been on Snitch Seeker for at least a couple years or longer, you'll likely realize that Sierra is the younger sister of my first character, Anna Greingoth (now Newell). Greingoth was a surname I created back when I first joined the site. It's pronounced 'Green Goth' and is a tribute to Severus Snape. Green, of course, represents Slytherin house, while Goth stands for Snape's black hair and clothes. Neither Anna nor her sister (or any of my characters, actually) are goth, though (I've been asked that several times, lol). I simply used the word as part of my surname, because Snape is one of my favorite characters, and the word reminded me of his appearance. In addition, the name Bella (used as Anna's middle name and Sierra and Anna's mother's first name) is a shortened form of Bellatrix (as in, Lestrange, of course). So there you have it! A bit of OOC trivia-type material as to how I chose some of my family names!

Template Coding by Ashlie aka Hermione_loves_Ron. Bio picture by Roselyn.