View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 03:00 AM   #37 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

f
SPOILER!!: Cameron! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
....................huh.

Cameron might have stared at the young man for a brief moment longer than necessary after he'd entered the classroom. Mostly because he hadn't expected anyone there, you know. Other than Professor Stewart. No other reason. Absolutely not. Making sure to politely greet both of them, he'd then taken a seat near Zoryn and had waited for the lesson to start.

Why did Professor Stewart need people to help her today?

"........is it Marbles?" Cameron more asked than said after raising his hand to answer the professor's question. He wasn't entirely sure if that WAS in fact a sport but then again people considered chess to be a sport also so who knew. If they WERE learning about Marbles today, though, he would be kind of disappointed. There were way cooler Muggle sports. More active ones, too. And more interesting ones.

Kay pointed to Cameron whose hand was among the first she had noticed to go up. At his answer, she smiled and shook her head. “Not marbles. Marbles is a lot less complicated and would not require a helmet, bat or any of the equipment that are here. I appreciate your thinking though.’’ Attempts are what was important.

SPOILER!!: Silently thinking kiddos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Dorian held his hands in his pockets as he stood will he looked at the assistant with mild interest. He hadn't seen the professor using an assistant before that was not from this school anymore and he wondered what would happen.

The equipment made no sense to him and he got even more confused when some of his classmates answers was that the game was called cricket and he showed his confusion but scratching the back of his neck.....

...wasnt cricket an animal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottiepot View Post
Did Caolan NEED to be here? Absolutely not. Did Caolan want to be here? Of course! Muggle Studies would be an absolute breeze for him and despite the fact that he knew he wouldn’t be able to do an OWL in the subject (it probably be cheating after all), he A) had nothing better to do and B) Muggle Studies was just a load of fun. He was there bright and early and eager to ‘learn.’ He had greeted his Head Of House and the other bloke when he had entered the classroom location with a firm nod.

It didn’t even bother him that the lesson was outside today, he just wrapped up warm with layers. His eyes had absolutely lit up when he had spotted the bat and the wickets and..

CRICKEEEEET!!!!!

Anyone that knew him knew that Caolan was a massive fan of cricket and used to play for his junior team back home. He basically considered himself a pro which would once again probably be cheating but who cared?! Boy was he GLAD that he had decided to go to Muggle Studies that morning! He would’ve brought his whites had he known.

Best. Lesson. EVER!!

He didn’t offer up an answer when the Professor asked what they would be playing that lesson for a few of his fellow students had already suggested so and he didn’t want to repeat them. However the huge grin on his face and the shifting of weight from one foot to the other (which could either be interpreted as excitement or needing to pee) was evident enough that Caolan knew EXACTLY what was coming to them that lesson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessiqua View Post
The pen sounded like something that meant more than just a pen to Professor Stewart. "I didn't... I'll keep an eye out for it though." Losing the mundane but important things was a frustration. Losing something sentimental was upsetting.

Muggle sports was fun, Hanna having grown up in a wizarding-but-mostly-muggle family. They played plenty of muggle things when the family got together. Quidditch too, of course, but muggle sports was easier in the muggle neighbourhoods. She listened to Adi introduce himself and felt almost star-struck. So he was a professional Gobstones player, and he had a Dragon and Hippogriff reserve!? That was so coooool.

She didn't have to offer any suggestions. She knew it was cricket, having played with similar items at home, but plenty of the others knew that too. She remained silent, but bounced her legs excitedly.

Naturally, there were the silent kiddos. “No guesses, you three?’’ Kaysha asked, not for one moment guessing that at least one of her Ravenclaws was a huge fan of the sport or that the other was thinking that cricket was an animal.

SPOILER!!: Max! <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
Have a seat and we’ll see if it gets worse.

Max pulled an unimpressed face (which hopefully would pass as a pained expression) and did as he was told. He plopped his butt down on one of the tree stumps and huffed unhappily under his breath because ughhh.

He didn't really know what cricket was, but that seemed to be the general consensus among the other kids. Except for Cam who guessed marbles...? Maybe Cam was feeling sick too because they'd have to be some pretty giant marbles to require helmets. Bats and helmets could only mean whatever was going on, it was something Max wanted zero part in.

And the fact that Stewart had decided to drag them all outside for this class obviously meant that she intended for them to PLAY it.

"UghhhhHHhhHhh."
Cue more stomach clutching. Oh, the pain. The PAIN.

That was it. She was not going to let Maxton sit here anymore if he was in that type of pain. However, she did notice a slight trend that when it came to certain lesson topics, the ones that involved physical activities, the Slytherin opted out of them. Was she overthinking? “Mr. Carden, you’d better hurry along to see the Healer. But before you do…’’ She reached into her satchel to retrieve the notebook with purple pages and a less precious pen. A note was scribbled for the Healer:
SPOILER!!: Note!
Healer Adara,

Mr. Carden has reported a stomach issue to me. He thought that perhaps he has eaten something that does not agree with him and the pain seems to have gotten worst. Kindly look into this and if in your best opinion that he is well enough to return to my lesson after you have administered any potion to him, please let him do so. This is his NEWT year, afterall.

Thank you,

“Kindly pass this note to Healer Adara.’’ It was neatly torn from her book, folded and given to Max. Being taken advantage by the Williams twins terms ago because of her trusting nature definitely had made her more cautious as the years went along.

SPOILER!!: Quodpot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Disrespectful? Did Zoryn care about anything this stranger had to say? No. He didn't even go here so. Technically, he was disrespecting her mhm.

The Gryffindor turned to give Cameroni a smile as he came to sit nearby, before turning her attention back to her Professor who had just started class. "Quodpot," was Zoryn's answer of choice despite fully knowing that Quodpot was not, in fact, a muggle sport. Could they move on? This was the worst part of every lesson. If Professor Stewart was meant to teach them about the sport, why'd she have to go and ask THEM to tell her what it was? Had she forgotten?

Zoryn was already regretting showing up today.

Excellent! Zoryn was not going to continue with that particular suggestion. Kay shook her head upon receiving a response to the question, certain that the seventh year had purposely suggested Quodpot. “Quodpot, no.’’

SPOILER!!: Cricket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Nettie's first guess had been baseball, because it was the first muggle sport that came to mind when she heard about bats. But it WASN'T baseball? But...what else used bats??

She tried to think about the muggle sports she'd seen on advertisements around town. She'd never really had a reason to remember them, because let's be honest - none of them held a candle to Quidditch.

Then, one that she'd totally forgotten about popped in to her head and she raised her hand. "Is it cricket?" she suggested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginevra View Post
Daisy's hand immediately went up. "It is definitely cricket. I recognized the equipment as soon as I laid eyes upon them. It was my father's favourite sport. He was a Muggle after all."

She felt a little pang in her heart that she hadn't felt in a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Torii hadn't gotten a chance to speak to the professor's assistant, so she gave him a smile and a nod as the lesson got underway. He was super cute, but apparently he was married, which meant he was off limits. Not only that, Torii was only fifteen, and Mr. Hotty was what? Thirty? Something like that...

The fourth year looked over the sporting equipment and narrowed her eyes. Huh? She hadn't remembered seeing many of those in America. Somebody had said marbles, and a few others had said cricket. Well, it was definitely not marbles. That much she knew. What in the name of Merlin was cricket? She had no idea, but she ended up raising her hand anyway.

"Well, I've lived in America all my life, and I honestly don't see this equipment much," she said. "Well...at all. I've only ever heard the name cricket, and I know it's a sport. I don't know much about it. I'm going to guess cricket, though, since it kind of makes sense for the equipment I've never seen to go along with the sport I know nothing about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post

Jackson listened as the others all seemed to be on the same page. When Torii spoke up though, Jackson found himself nodding at her answer. He had heard of cricket but that was all. Perhaps he should have known more about it, but just like the Slytherin girl, he had grown up in America and was really only privy to a handful of sports if he was being honest. After moving here, it was all about Quidditch and gobstones!

"I'm on the same page as Torii... I'm going to have to guess cricket as well?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Grumpy, miserable, unhappy Abra was grumpy, miserable, and unhappy about the outdoors. It was even worse now that he wasn't walking, but sat still. He pulled the neck of his shirt up over the bottom half of his face just to get the full benefit of the warming charms. November was cold.

Uhhhhhhhh... huh. Yeah, Abra had no idea. He didn't follow muggle sports, and he didn't read his textbook before he absolutely had to. So... yeah... he didn't know.

A bunch of other kids seemed to have an idea though, and one word kept cropping up, so Abra joined in and raised his own hand, freeing his mouth from his shirt as he did so. "Oh, definitely cricket," he said, with bags of false confidence. Now he just had to hope that everyone else was right or he would sure look foolish. Also, that he wouldn't be singled out for a follow-up question, because there would be no blagging his way through that.

... Uhh... was Max okay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
He heard everyone rattling off cricket as an option and he figured that would be what was going on. He knew with 100% certainty that it wasn't baseball. They would've been out on a field with way more space needed. "Well if there were no helmets I'd swear we were playing croquette. But I'd have to agree with the others that we're playing cricket."

He watched as someone continued to hold their stomach as if they were about to get sick, he subconsciously stepped to the side. He rubbed his arm trying to scratch an itch that would not go away. Looking between Professor Stewart and Adi he waited to see what else they would be learning about this cricket that he had never heard much about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
Malachi looked over the equipment again and held back a flinch as he recognized what it was. "Cricket, I very much dislike cricket, I always end up getting hit by the ball. Most of the time in the face..." With that said he moves as far away as possible from the balls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMadamMalfoy View Post
Tina nodded, returning Professor Stewart's smile with one of her own. "Yes, Professor," she replied enthusiastically. "I like outdoor classes." Even if it was a little cold today. Nothing a warming charm (or some exercise) couldn't fix! But there wasn't much time for small talk. The lesson was starting.

So the mystery guest was here to help with the lesson... Tina felt a bit more at ease around him after he introduced himself. At least she knew he wasn't with the Board of Governors, and it seemed unlikely that he was an impostor. And he told off Lava Girl for disrespecting the professor... that was a huge point in his favor!

Tina bit her lip, lost in thought as her brain searched for a guess. She had no idea what sport the equipment went with; she didn't keep up with muggle sports as much as she did wizarding ones! She glanced at the equipment, hoping that would jog her memory, but the only thing she could think of was quidditch... and she knew that wasn't the right answer because this was Muggle Studies. Ugh! She didn't want to give the wrong answer and look stupid, but if she said nothing, it would look like she wasn't trying. She hated not knowing the answer. Uncertainty was the most annoying thing ever!

Tina was only half listening to her classmates' qnswers as she tried in vain to come up with one of her own, but she overheard cricket mentioned a number of times. Well, that explained why she didn't know the answer! Cricket wasn't as popular back home as it apparently was here; in fact, Tina had mever evem heard of cricket before she came here! Since the right answer had already been said several times, it didn't need repeating so Tina stayed quiet... until a thought occurred to her.

Her hand went up, amd she waited to be called on. "I-I don't actually know, but since several others have said cricket, I'd guess that's the correct answer," she began, feeling more embarassed with each word. "But I noticed some of the equipment here looks a bit like quidditch equipment, so that has me thinking... Was quidditch inspired by cricket? Or possibly the other way around?" She didn't realize how dumb her words sounded until after she'd spoken, and she felt a hot blush on her cheeks. Never mind, she was just going to keep quiet now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Nothing like having a former Muggle Studies professor for a mom to expose you to all sorts of stuff that constituted appropriate subject matter for his own classes in the subject. That and the fact that Professor Stewart’s guest was none other than one of said mother’s favorite students whom they had run into a few times over the years helped him think of the game they would likely be learning even before some of his classmates spoke it aloud. Wouldn't she be interested to hear about today's lesson!

Just not about Zoryn and her antics.

“Cricket, Professor,” he answered, echoing the rest with his own submission from his own tree stump. Just to show that he was paying attention and participating.

Cricket! That was the answer. “It’s definitely not croquette, Mr. Dooley, and Mr. Mitsue? I’m sorry to hear about that. Hopefully, using a helmet more often and correctly would help.''She admired how confident some like Nettie, Daisy , Abra and Septimus sounded. Even Torii's and Jackson's reasoning behind the answer was great. Tina's question made Kay think; it didn't even cross her mind that it was a silly question or anything like that. "If I remember correctly, the evolution of Quidditch began a lot earlier than that of cricket. Quidditch evolved with the aid of a few other sports like Stichstock and Aingingein, so I doubt there's a connection. Great question. Don't ever worry about asking questions, it's how you learn.'' Because those red cheeks were not unnoticed!

“That’s right, everyone. Indeed these are the gear of cricket. Now, the sport was invented in South- East England a very long time ago. In the sixteenth century to be exact.’’ Kaysha paused, allowing the kiddos to make their notes. They were making notes, yes? “It wasn’t until the eighteenth century that it became the National Sport. Soon after that, it became popular globally. It might not seem so, but here’s an interesting fact: Cricket is the second most popular sport after football, soccer for those familiar with American terms.’’ Truthfully, Kay had only found this out from her research earlier in the term as she prepped for the lesson. She thought it would have been basketball taking second place but no. Cricket was what it was.

At this point, Kay began to trek among the tree stumps slowly, speaking loud enough for her voice to carry.“There is a governance committee that looks over the tournaments- both minor and major-, keeps track of statistics and ensure the rules called the ‘Laws of Cricket’ are followed. This committee is called the International Cricket Council or ICC.There are many members of the ICC and countries such as England, Ireland, Australia, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, New Zealand and the Caribbean whose team is called ‘West Indies’ all have their respective International teams. Now, there are a few formats of cricket which I’ll let Adi briefly explain after you each have your opportunity to attempt to deduce how the sport is played.’’

SPOILER!!: LittleClaw!Chloe <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
SHE WAS LATE!! OHMYGOD SHE HAD NEVER BEEN LATE BEFORE!!

Chloe stood at the door just staring at it. She needed to open it to go out on the ground, but she was already late, did she want to make it known to everyone? Couldn't she just stay in the warm castle and maybe they wouldn't realize it. She had a stomach ache and spent a little too long in the bathroom. That was another issue she was hoping NO ONE would go in there for a little while, whoops. Now though she was late for class and she couldn't miss class, it would hurt her grades and she was not going to have bad grades. So she opened the entrance hall door and hurried out of the castle.

Running out on the cold ground she might have forgotten to grab gloves and now her hands were already starting to hurt, but that didn't matter she was late and she had to get there. Stopping just back far enough she watched the group and noticed someone that she didn't know with the professor. He was going to be part of the lesson she was sure, but who was he and now she wouldn't fully know.

Sneaking into the group she hoped maybe, just maybe she wouldn't be seen. Sometimes being smaller than five foot was a good thing.

It was while she was almost to the last of the tree stumps Kay saw movement. This movement turned out to be one Chloe McCarthy who was obviously late. “Five points for lateness, Ms. McCarthy,’’ she said quietly but pulled off her own gloves. “These might help keep your hands warm. I have an extra pair.’’

He was still here, duh. Adi was still casually bouncing on his feet. Alright fine, he might have zoned out a bit because he had been reminiscing on being a student. Those were great times and his fellow students at that time had been a great bunch.

Anywho, he came around in time to hear the answers being given. Was he judging incorrect answers? Of course not! It wasn’t as though he knew everything while at school… and he still didn’t. But there WERE students who recognised the gear! AWESOMEEE!

Adi nodded to Stewart, letting her know (even though it had been worked out during the lesson planning) that he was ready to explain the formats but understood that he couldn’t do so before the second question was answered. If he did, then he was going to just give away the entire thing.

OOC: Thanks for playing along so far! I enjoyed those responses and look forward to your kiddos going bonkers with the second answer if they want to You are still welcome to jump in at any point since catch up is allowed. The mini activity starts in 24 hours!

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺

Last edited by FearlessLeader19; 02-04-2019 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Typos bug me.