View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Emileyn
Gryffindor
I Nailed Wormtail
Love Hunter Extraordinaire
Mooncalf

Default Star Light, Star Bright - Sa16+
♥ 2G FC| Narnian!| Fremione|Full Sail Girl ♥| Dramione| Shadowhunter!| Jesse ♥

Alrighty, so this is the sequel to Meet You Under the Moon, and my fourth fic. It follows George and Emily's third child, Ruthie, through Hogwarts (starting with fifth year because I don't have the patience to go through it all). This is kind of just an introduction into the story
Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, it is all the lovely JK Rowling's, though I do own a few of the chracters

Banner by Me

“Ruthie Ginerva, are you ready yet?” George called up the stairs.

“Almost!” she called down.

“We’re going to be late,” George complained.

Emily laughed from the doorframe of the kitchen. “Calm down, babe, you’ll be fine,” she chuckled. George gave her a look before his face softened into a smile.

“Mmmm, did I mention you’re beautiful lately?” he asked with a grin. He walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. He kissed the top of her head as she chuckled lightly.

“Not in the past ten minutes,” she laughed.

“Huh, that must have been a record,” he said seriously. “Ruthie! Hurry up,” he yelled again.

“Georgie, everything will be fine,” Emily soothed as she kissed his cheek.

“I’m ready, I’m ready,” Ruthie said as she jumped down the stairs.

“Hungry?” Emily asked.

“One—I don’t think Dad would want me to. Two—I think I’ll just get something on the train,” she sighed.

“Okay,” Emily said quietly. “Have a good term, I’ll miss you,” Emily said as she hugged Ruthie.

“I’ll miss you too, Mum,” Ruthie sighed.

“Be happier, it’s your fifth year, and you’re a Prefect,” Emily said cheerfully.

“Right, yeah, can we go, Dad?” Ruthie said quietly as she made for the door.

Emily stared after her with worry. Ruthie had been down in the dumps lately but wouldn’t confide in her mother about it. George kissed Emily on the cheek and left the house to take his daughter to the station.

“MUM!” Emma yelled from the living room. Emily rolled her eyes—she knew that yell all too well.

“Be nice to your sister!” Emily said firmly as she cleared the table.

Ruthie sighed from her seat in Potions. She was, as usual, paying no attention to her teacher and staring dreamily at the blonde Slytherin in front of her. His back was to her as she memorized every strand of hair on his head. He fidgeted in his seat and Ruthie suppressed a giggle at how cute he looked.

He glanced behind him slowly, cautiously, and met her gaze. Ruthie felt her face get hot as her blush seeped from her ears to her cheeks. Scorpius Malfoy had caught her. Ruthie’s eyes immediately dropped to the floor as Scorpius turned back around.

“Nice job, Ruth,” Leslie amended. Leslie Jordan. Ruthie’s best friend gave her no sympathy. “Real smooth,” she continued.

Ruthie gave her a sarcastic look and stared at her textbook, which she, evidently, was supposed to be reading. The page was blank for all she cared. The only thing on her mind was the look he had given her as their eyes had met briefly. She couldn’t think of what it really meant. His eyes looked frustrated, annoyed even. She was obviously embarrassed, especially since he wasn’t in to her the way she was in to him. She sighed again, internally kicking and cursing herself for being so stupid to like him in the first place. It was absurd and ridiculous. And yet, it didn’t change a thing.

What do you think?

You can throw your sticks and stones,
Throw your bombs and your blows,
[But you're not gonna break my soul.]

Last edited by Emileyn; 03-16-2011 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Chapter Guide :)