Thread: Creative Contest: 10 Flavors
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 04:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
cookie 10 Flavors
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

10 Flavors - because there is no right way
Ideas should be clear and chocolate thick.

Good morning/Good afternoon/Good evening (because there is no telling what time you have stopped by). I'm Pixie and this is my very first graphic contest. Before I get down to the rules and process of this competition, I have a confession: I love to cook. Now, perhaps some of you are the same, but no matter how many times to make something, you always find a new way to get to the finish process or something else you can add to make it even better. Graphics are the same. We may have the usual process that we use to go about making them, call it our signature, but there are so many different things we can do to create pretty things.

What does that mean for this competition? It means that with each challenge there will be a limitation set on what you, the lovely graphic maker, can do with your end product. This can be simple things like using the original image unresized to much more complicated things like mirroring the original image either horizontally or vertically. The possibilities are endless! For some challenges I will provide the image for you to use, others will give you a prompt (like cupcakes) and then it is up to you go to out and find an image.

So, here is how the cookie will crumble -gigglesnort-
I will start a new round each Sunday JST time
I'll think of a limitation and post it here either with an image or with a prompt.
You have three days to PM me your entries, anything afterwards will not be accepted unless otherwise stated.
I'll post the entries up Thursday morning JST time
I will leave the voting open until Saturday JST time
After the voting is closed, I will post the winners around 6 pm JST time
Rinse and repeat
You must submit a signature or a profile picture or a set depending on what the challenge requires. Be sure you have read the challenge post carefully so you do not send a profile picture when the challenge asks for signature.
The signature cannot be over 450 pixels in width or 200 pixels in height.
The profile picture cannot be over 350 pixels in width or height.
All graphics must be under 60kb in size
All graphics must be SS appropriate.
All graphics should relate to the theme in some way. If not, I will notify you via a PM and if no changes are made your entry will not count.
You can enter up to two sets per round.
Do not show others your entries until the results of the competition have been posted.
PM all entries to me - sweetpinkpixie.
When the poll is up do not vote for your own entry, but please do vote for your top 3.

Challenge 1 - One Color GrangerEntriesWinners
Challenge 2 - Reflected SeverusEntriesWinners
Challenge 3 - Desaturated WeasleyEntriesWinners
Challenge 4 - Siriusly BIGEntriesWinners
Challenge 5 -Double the DracoEntriesWinners
Challenge 6 -Poppy VoldyEntriesWinners
Challenge 7 -Textured DumbledoreEntriesWinners
Challenge 8 Spacey LockhartEntriesWinners
Challenge 9 Textless LestrangeEntriesWinners
Challenge 10 Keep CalmEntriesWinners

Nabs: Approved.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes

Last edited by sweetpinkpixie; 03-14-2012 at 01:28 AM.