View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 12:13 AM

Default Meet An Author: Nymphadoraliz

We're starting a new interview series!

Meet An Author will be a series of monthly interviews in which a FanFic mod will interview someone who has a current Fan Fic.

Nymphadoraliz's Fanfic The Cave - Sa5+ is located in the Epic and Adventure subforum of the FanFic Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary of The Cave!
How did Ron discover he was truly a wizard? Here is the story on how Ginny his younger sister was able to help him find his confidence, and see that he is a true wizard, and not an embarrassment to his family.
Check out her Fanfic and others in the forum!

Droo: Sooooo
Droo: We are starting a new series of interviews. Meet An Author.
Nymphadoraliz: cool!
Droo: and you are this month's victi-ermmm... lucky winner!!! Congrats!
Droo: lol
Nymphadoraliz: :-O
Nymphadoraliz: wow!
Droo: Yup! LOL! So let’s start with the basics! What got you into Hp?
Nymphadoraliz: My best friend actually lol! She had just seen, I believe... the first movie in the theatre, and was soooo excited about it. I rolled my eyes, thinking ummmm...yeah. But then a few months later I couldn't resist renting the movie.
Nymphadoraliz: After that I was totally hooked, and found the books too!
Droo: Which is your favorite?
Nymphadoraliz: Prisoner of Azkaban for the book totally I love the details and, well the tree especially XD but for the movie the Half-Blood Prince, the effects were awesome!
Droo: Yes, I totally agree! So what brought you to SS?
Nymphadoraliz: A few years ago, I wanted information on when the next book was coming out, and Snitchseeker came up lol! After checking it out, I decided to sign up. I saw something about a sorting hehe and thought ok, till I saw it wasn't till January 12 :-O! I think I checked back a few times every day to see if they would open it sooner lol!
Nymphadoraliz: Then well, I heard about RPing, and pretty much said uh oh... and had absolutely no idea what that was, but well now, I can't get enough of it lol
Droo: and the Fanfiction?
Nymphadoraliz: the fanfic actually came from my own site, where I originally started it but ummmm, I don't think I've been updating it there hehe
Nymphadoraliz: I had the idea for it about a year ago, and it finally started to be written out, last November, after that it just kept going, and I haven't been able to come to an end yet, because I have well, become a part of the character's and their lives now, in a way. If that makes any sense. Or that their lives are a part of me...
Droo: I get it... I do.
Droo: So... tell your readers and soon-to-be readers a little about yourself
Nymphadoraliz: hmmm, let's see, *whispers* I'm almost 30...and definitely not counting the days till I turn it *whispers even quieter* 20 days
Nymphadoraliz: I have 4 children and have been married almost 13 years now
Droo: I've turned 29 for the 6th time this year...
Nymphadoraliz: XD
Droo: Wow! 4 kids!
Nymphadoraliz: and I home school all 4
Droo: when do you find the time to write?
Nymphadoraliz: I've always loved to write, actually. Even as a child, I loved to do stories
Nymphadoraliz: Every chance I get, I have more plots in my head, just getting them on paper is the trick really
Droo: Wow, who is your favorite writer?
Nymphadoraliz: hmmmm, I really actually are into the late 18th - 19th century novels, my favorite is Janette Oke, but I'm not too picky
Nymphadoraliz: so a lot of stories I've written are kind of in that time frame
Droo: what is it about that genre that fascinates or attracts you?
Nymphadoraliz: *whispers again* the clothing hehe I love the long skirts, and the way they lived at that time
Droo: Me too, I love any kind of costume!
Nymphadoraliz: kind of rustic, and I love camping and living out on the land in the summer
Nymphadoraliz: I guess that's kind of why I did Ron and Ginny in the fanfic living like that
Droo: That's great! So, do you take a lot of what you write from personal experience? Or is a lot made up?
Nymphadoraliz: hmmmm, some of it is personal experience, though I honestly haven't caught fish to eat lol that's one thing I probably won't do
Nymphadoraliz: but berries are very nom I guess I just let the story unfold a lot of times as I'm writing it though. I start out with what I'd like to include and branch out from there
Droo: Berries are indeed very nom! I’m allergic to strawberries, but I eat them anyway and then break out in hives… Yeah… but they are good going down! When was it that you knew you enjoyed writing?
Nymphadoraliz: hmmmm I think that was when I was about 6-7 years old. My mom didn't like it though hehe I used my school notebooks for it
Nymphadoraliz: *teachers didn't like it either hehe*
Nymphadoraliz: I loved acting out the stories as well, with my friends, and wrote stories as well, that we made up during play
Droo: Ooo I know what you mean... I used to do that as well! So as you are writing your current fanfic, have you thought about an end already? Or do you let it just happen?
Nymphadoraliz: right now, it's still in the works I kind of know what's gonna happen, but then again, what I plan to have happen, hasn't actually been going that way yet XD
Nymphadoraliz: Ron and Ginny so far have had minds of their own in the story
Nymphadoraliz: *whispers secretly* I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out
Droo: Me too
Droo: So for those members who are just starting out, thinking about writing a fanfic, so you have any hints or suggestions?
Nymphadoraliz: my biggest suggestion is to start a list, it seems odd yes, but just getting ideas on paper is a great way to start. Once you know what the story is going to be about, and you know who the characters will be, it will take off from there
Droo: great way to start!
Nymphadoraliz: I think I stilll have the first list I had lol
Droo: Have you ever had writer's block?
Nymphadoraliz: ugh, YES!
Nymphadoraliz: I have even had it in this current one, usually just a few days will help, but even scratching away on paper, with different ideas fixes that
Nymphadoraliz: *whispers another secret* I spend a number of hours at work, coming up with plots
Nymphadoraliz: you just don't let them catch you doing it and it helps that writer's block too hehe
Droo: That's great! Your next steps, I assume you are going to finish out this fic, and then move onto a next one?
Nymphadoraliz: I'm thinking about doing another but having trouble deciding if I want to my old Charrie Liz or do another with HP characters (maybe bad guys)
Nymphadoraliz: Haven't fully decided yet... I’ve got to figure out who it'll be about first
Droo: I love Liz *pets her* So, do you work one at a time? Or can you do more… you know… multific? LOL
Nymphadoraliz: haven't tried it yet actually
Nymphadoraliz: I'm thinking of trying it before finishing "The Cave"
Droo: Oooo
Droo: I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work, as I'm sure everyone else is.
Droo: Thanks Liz!
Nymphadoraliz: You’re very welcome.