Thread: Meet the Lions
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
MoviegoerKinz
Gryffindor

Lupin's ♥ for Tonks
Nogtail

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman J. Lupin
First Year
GLEEk Magic Picture Finder

Rafe Lycaon

Image thanks to Angie aka Oesed.

Name: Rafe Lycaon
Date of Birth: October 21
Year: 1st Year

Eye Color: Green
Hair: Dark brown
Height: 5' 5" (unusually tall for his age)

Personality: Rafe is very easy-going and can sometimes be quite full of himself. He definitely will take opportunities to cause a little mischief when he can, but always tries to never get caught. He's also rather bright and has a strong thirst for knowledge (even looking into his past, which was forbidden at home). Rafe is very easy to get along with, but sometimes he goes through a little temper tantrum once a month. Hmm...

History: Rafe Lycoan was born in Romania of Raoul and Rachel Lycoan. His father had a bad reputation and was a prominent leader of one of the largest werewolf clans of Romania, if not all of Europe. He typically rebelled against his true nature and even took a common witch for a bride. They were forbidden to ever have a child, for it was highly frowned upon their people for it wouldn't be a "pureblood" werewolf. Their kind were free to bite children and adopt them as their own, but never conceive a child if they were not both werewolves.

As time went on Raoul became more and more thirsty for power, biting whoever he wished to build an army to take over all the werewolf clans in Romania. This was tearing Rachel apart, for she dearly loved her husband, but didn't agree with his actions.

However, sometime during Raoul's thirst for power, Rachel had conceived a child and was terrified of telling Raoul. She knew this child would be killed the moment it was born, if not before. Rachel tried to conceal this secret as long as possible, but one of the servants leaked her condition. Raoul was furious and many of his inner circle demanded she should be killed. But, Raoul still dearly loved his wife and tricked his inner circle that he killed her and his child, while secretly planning their escape the moment their child was born, making Rachel promise never to return or acknowledge Raoul as her husband. Rachel left heartbroken and eventually did escape, her husband never knowing she gave birth to a son, and made her way with her newborn child across Europe.

Rachel named their child Rafe after Raoul's grandfather. After fleeing, she almost gave up her will to survive, but Rafe had Raoul's sparkling green eyes, the one last reminder of her husband and the way things were. She thought she could never love again until she saw this child.

Rafe had a difficult childhood. Every month he would go through his spells of being furious and torn and sometimes violent. Though he never would completely change into a werewolf, he did have some werewolf-like tendencies, like only eating raw meat, being moodier once a month, which included sharp pains, overreacting, and his eyes would change beaded black, but other than that he looked quite normal.

His mother loves him unconditionally and home-schooled him up across Europe, where he was taught different languages and about different cultures. She also let him use her wand to practice spells, for not all countries have underage restrictions. So, he knows a few spells here and there. Finally, he got accepted into Hogwarts and they settled in England. There, he will have to face new challenges, for he's never really had any friends, and will try to conceal his past because he knows not a lot of people will accept him, but there are just somethings that he can't hide forever, especially when a full moon fills the sky.

Simply noteworthy: Rafe is a huge fan of Quidditch (Go Transylvania National Quidditch Team!) and his hoping that with his unusual large build for a first year will give him an advantage when trying out for the House team. He also has a lovely Spectacled Owl, whom he name Artemis after the shopkeeper. Due to his lycanthropic condition (that he hasn't told anyone about because his mum forbode him to tell anyone) he does have a bit of facial hair!

OOC: unicornkeeper07, aka Kinzey

Birthday: Feb. 27, 1989
Profession: College student/Apartment Complex Staff Assistant
Favorite HP character: Remus Lupin (I definitely have a thing for "Furry Little Problems")

Brief Biography: I was born and raised in Texas. I'm currently attending college there as well. I'm getting a degree in Mass Communications - Journalism, with a minor in Pop Culture. One day I would like to be a movie critic and work in New Zealand! I'm a huge movie buff!

Snitchseeker: I have been a member since 2005, but over the years my participation has decreased until this summer, where I'm revamping some charries and being more interactive! My other charrie, is Craig Wickham, division head of the Floo Authority. He's also a half-werewolf. *tehe* Please feel free to PM me if you ever want to RP, I love meeting new people!

This is how I roll, come on ladies it's time to go!