View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 06:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
navya_HPPOA
Hufflepuff
Gnome

Default Less Adventure, More Relationship Drama.....

I happened to see HBP last night with lot of anticipations and a thrilling show of magic and some spells like the earlier movies had, but the movie turned out to be something less than that!!

I mean, Voldemort is on the loose and people are getting killed, but the first half of the movie completely concentrated on Harry/Ginny, Ron/Hermione/Lavender relationship! I agree that it has been there in the book but JKR made it quite sure that the past of Tom Riddle, Half Blood Prince book were on the first priority and then only comes this relationships issue! But somehow I felt the movie edged towards the teenage relationships/jealousy/ crush problems!

I would have been very pleased to see more adventure and magic in this movie (non verbal spells start in sixth year!) and I badly wanted to see Snape in DADA class! the only class they showed in the movie was Potions.....that too only one!!!!

Dan looked stressed out in some of the scenes, Emma did a great job in whatever part she has got, and Rupert was funny at his usual self!! But the real worth is of Tom who played Draco, he brought HBP Draco to life! Alan as Snape was wonderful, Lupin couldnt get much oppurtunity to fight for the order, and so as Tonks.

I still didnt understand why did they keep the Burrow attack scene at all.
Ron was mysteriously absent in that scene.....where as Harry/Ginny were acting the heroes when better wizards like Mr.Weasley, Lupin were there!

They should have cut the Harry/Ginny romance thing a little and concentrated on the magic learning process....or the mystery of Half Blood prince book.....

As an ardent lover of the books and movies, I always say any HP movie is a real fun to watch!! But Books always come first for me!

Eagerly waiting for HBP movie to come out
navya_HPPOA is offline   Reply With Quote