View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
OrangeBubbleSnake
Hufflepuff
Dugbog

Here is my poorly typed review.

This movie really was

HORRIBLE.....
Okay just KIDDING!...
I thought it was it was AMAZING

Great film, Tho I did have my complaints, 30 more mins added on with the right stuff and a few changes here and there it could of been a masterpiece, but it was still freaking good. I went to this film feeling VERY worried/disappointed due to what I knew was cut and a few peoples negative reactions that saw it a few days ago, even tho I was following the film for quite awhile knowing most stuff, but slightly excited, and I came out very impressed + I sounded like a 8 yr old talking bout the movie on the way home *shrugs* The whole movie It reached a whole new level of maturity to me that the other 5 didnt quite have, which is really good.

Liked

The Humor & the Romance: I thought it had a proper amount, listening to some of the complainers about this movie for awhile made me think that there was a horrible digusting amount in it but in my opinion there wasnt, which suprised me thankfully, I didnt find any of the comedy cheesy at all, I thought it was done very well suprisingly.

The Level of Darkness: When hearing about all this romance and comedy, I was afraid that the movie wouldn't have this darkness feeling through out the whole film, but again I was wrong, It felt really dark for pretty much the whole film :cool:

Acting: everyone was GREAT, I dont feel like going into that alot tho, I'm lazy
Tho Hero and Frank Dilliane is a VERY GOOD Tom Riddle, I prefer Dilliane over Coulson

The Ending: Wasn't as terrible as I heard, probaly best ending in my eyes since PS/SS

Sectumsempra: Was impressive, I thought it was going to be terrible and SERIOUSLY dumbed down, I was really suprised with how much blood they added they did a good job.

Katie Bell: that was totally creepy, wasnt expecting it to be as good as it was, and the way she hit the ground like that wow.

Music: was really done well, Good Job Nicholas Hooper! I no longer really want John Williams back even tho I think he did amazing with the 1st 3 films for the most part, but sorry I want Hooper now

Cinematography: FANTASTIC, a real shame Bruno Debonnell isnt comming back for Deathly Hallows, Eduardo Serra better do a good job.

Effects: Brilliant! the Inferi they did very well also, AND THEY DO NOT LOOK LIKE GOLLUM look closer pplz! they might have small similarites but overall.. just no..and take a look at gollum again..I suggest google

Quite a few scenes we're really really emotional as well
Very beginning, Slughorn at Hagrids (I think), definately drink of despair, and and the tower and dumbledores death.

I felt sad in quite a few scenes, I didn't cry tho, almost did haha, they did an amazing job with that.

And liked everything else not in the Complaints section for the most part... blah blah

Complaints

Some are just silly little things

The Dark Mark: Sounds like a silly complaint, but really come on, they left out the snake tongue, which I really like..was kinda a bummer the rest of it was good tho..

Milennium Bridge: The bridge came after 1996/97 *Sigh*

Lines I missed:
"I'm not worried, I'm with you"
"You may have your mothers eyes, but your as dim as your father"
"Don't you smell clean"

Oh if you truely payed attention Greyback did speak at the tower I believe, so all his lines werent cut, unless it was another male death eater... :relax:
but I think it was him

Half Blood Prince: They could of put a little bit more in the Half Blood Prince Line, not awhole lot tho, but it wasnt as bad as ppl are making it out to be in my opinion.

Horcuxes Explaination: They could of explained the horcruxes more and what they might be and for longer definately, but my Dad which is a non book reader and Sister understood them decent I believe. They could of mentioned that he was interested in things from Hogwarts too, and they should of showed the diadem in the room of requirement.

They shortend VERY GOOD scenes a tiny bit too much.

Missing Memories: I can care less about the Gaunts (I dont think it would of done well in a movie), but I liked the others, and believe they should of had the Cup Memory and the one of Tom Riddle asking Dumbledore for a job, but thats just my opinion.

Dursleys: Could of been in there and Dumbledore mentioning 12 Grimmuald Place and Kreacher. (I knew this for awhile tho no biggie)

But yeah quite a good movie

About the PG thing, It did deserve a PG-13 Rating I think, I was really impressed yet again with the things they got a way with and gave it a PG.

This REALLY goes to show how I shouldn't listen to other people opinions about movies and see for myself.

This is my new favorite, but like I said before 30 mins with some changed and added stuff it could of been even more awesome.

I have high hopes for Deathly Hallows after this movie, and I think things they messed up or not mentioned in this movie will be fixed and added there.

8.9 out of 10 for me
OrangeBubbleSnake is offline   Reply With Quote