View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
CaityCrucio
Ravenclaw
Jobberknoll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elphie-Glinda Thropp
Second Year

Overall, I really enjoyed the film, however, I was left rather unsatisfied due to the extreame lack of action and violence. There was none at all really.

Tom Felton Perfect. He was absolutly brilliant and exactly how I imagined Malfoy to be in at this point in the story. I did find the Sectumsempra scene rather dissapointing though, not becuase of Draco who I thought was brilliant, I just thought the spell was bad. That is my favorite chapter in the entire series and I was rather let down as it wasn't as gory as I imagined it to be.

Harry/Ginny Can I just say WTF? They had no chemistry at all and I found it all rather cringy and awkward. If they had stuck by the book on this, it would have been so much better.

Snape He was hardly in it at all. There was no complaining really about him getting the DADA job apart from lack of applause when it was announced. They also didn't go into the search for who the half blood prince actually is and I over-heard someone talking on the bus home about who the half-blood prince was and why he was called 'prince'. This isn't explained at all.

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes It seemed rather odd as it was skipped from GOF about Harry giving them money. The Weasley family have always been very poor, how would they afford to buy a shop?

Arnold the Pigmy Puff Am I mistaken or was he meant to be purple? In the film, Ginny had a pink pigmy puff on her shoulder. This annoyed me slightly as how hard is it to make it purple instead of pink?

Ron/Lavendar/Hermione This was very nicley done. I thought Jessie Cave played a very good Lavendar, not how I imagined, but still very good. Emma Watson played the jelousy very well indeed and I liked how heavly it was hinted that she likes Ron.

Christmas Why did they burn the Burrow down? I actually had tears in my eyes at that point. How are they going to do the wedding etc in DH? I found it annoying that they'd added something in anyway with that whole battle bit outside the Burrow but they didn't have to burn it down aswell!

Cave This was done pretty much how I imagined it. I did get annoyed when a man sat next to me said "Look, Zombies" when the Inferi appeared but I suppose that's just a pet peeve of mine

Dumbledores death It wasn't as long and dramatic as it should have been. It sort of just happened without much of a conversation between Dumbledore and Draco.

Lack of end battle I was very dissapointed, although I knew it wasn't going to be there due to previous reports, that it wasn't there. I did however find the alternative very nicly done.

Cho Chang It said at the end of the cast list on the credits that Katie Lung was in it. I didn't see her, can anyone please confirm where she was?

Helena Bonham Carter This woman cannot do anything wrong! I loved her performance so much, she is just how Bellatrix should be.

Unbreakable Vow Helena gave a fabulous performance throughout this scene, as did Alan Rickman, however, Narcissa was very dissapointing. Not at all how I expected her to be and also, why did she have a big brown steak on top of her hair and only blonde underneath? That really annoyed me. I suppose I expected Narcissa to be much prettier than Helen is, therefore it didn't really work for me.

Horcrux's I was very dissapointed that they didn't include the other two memories. They both contained key information of what they other Horcrux's are. How will Harry know what to look for in DH?

Evanna Lynch She, along with Helena Bonham Carter, completly made the film for me. She was absolutly perfect as Luna and I loved the idea of her finding Harry on the train instead of Tonks. Although I would have liked to see more of Tonks, I didn't mind the alternative at all!

I really hope that the lack of action is just building up to a spectacular finish and hope that DH will be absolutly filled to the brim with violence and darkness.