View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
harita
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
isabella Macmillan
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laura Thomas
International Cooperation

here's today's post...

A New Fear And A Last Try...

Sara was fine after that day. She started talking to Madam Rosmerta but she didn’t have the guts to talk to her about Hogwarts. Ever time she would think of talking to her she recalled the day she was angry with Rosmerta and felt ashamed of her self. A week had passed by and it was already the 1st of August. She was very nervous, the reason she just received a letter from Hogwarts saying that she has been accepted to the school. She didn’t know how it happened because she hadn’t talked to Madam Rosmerta yet and moreover she was from a different school. She didn’t understand how Headmistress McGonagall managed to get her transferred. As soon as she got the letter she read and re read it and then sat down to write a letter to the headmistress her self.

Respected Headmistress,
I have received the letter from your coveted institution and I am very delighted to join it and be a part of the 7th year. I just wanted to know how come my transfer took place from my old school to this school and I also have a small request. As I have come to Britain with a sole purpose of taking my friend back as you already know I would like to be allowed to go out of Hogwarts on weekends, if you permit so that I can do what I have come here for. I promise this will not affect my academics in anyway.
Thanking you,
Yours truly,
Sara Mehra

She sent the letter again through Rosmerta’s owl and was nervously waiting for the reply. The reply came over in the afternoon.

Dear Sara,
I am glad that you have decided to join our school. We were hoping you would. As you asked before in your letter about your transfer, we could manage that through the Department of Magical Education. It is an international branch which deals with the educational aspects of the wizarding world all over. We talked to the current headmistress of your old school through the department and she was more than willing to give us your academic details. Times have become worst in your land ironically, Miss Mehra that is all I can say and that is the reason why your headmistress willingly gave your details or else no school would like to loose their students to other school. Seeing your credentials we decided to send you the letter for joining. We at Hogwarts are very glad to have you. As far as the request concerning your leave during the weekends, we will see to that matter after you have joined the school. The school is strict on following the rules and it applies to all, I hope you will understand.

Hope to see you at the school on 1st September. You too along with the first years will be attending the sorting ceremony.

Regards,
Hogwarts Headmistress,
Professor Macgonagall

What did ‘times have become worst ironically in your land’ mean?
She panicked. What…what is wrong back in my place, oh God please…please tell me dad’s alright, Karan is alright, she thought. This was the first time she ever thought of her brother and her dad. All this while she always thought they would be never be harmed but now, now she was feeling completely unsure of the situation. She had a strong feeling of loneliness take over her along with fear and panic for her family. She sat there looking into the space before her thinking about what was happening miles away in her country and had no idea when Madam Rosmerta came in her room and saw the letter in her hand which said that Minerva was happy that Sara had accepted the letter and she would join. Madam Rosmerta cried and hugged and Sara came back in to reality. She saw the happiness in her eyes, genuine happiness. She gave a small smile.
“I am so happy for you honey, so happy”
And Sara nodded.
“I got to tell this, got to tell this to Gorge, he is here,” she said and ran away out of the apartment. Sara looked at her leave in shock.
“what is this woman doing? Why is she calling Gorge?” she thought
And within few minutes a smirking Gorge along with Rosmerta entered her room
“so I hear that Sara will be attending classes with my sister. Glad…very glad the only problem is that Lee will miss you a lot,” he said pretending to be grim but then gave a wicked smirk and winked her and all Sara could was smile.
“what happened Sara, dear you don’t look happy?”
“um…no…its not that its just that I will be missing you a lot,” she lied
“oh don’t worry about that, we will continue to meet as the students will be coming here for weekends to spend,” she said encouragingly
Sara would have wanted to be happy that she would be attending a very famous school, a school about which all her friends back in her country wanted to visit and just have a glimpse of it. But she couldn’t, not when she just came to know that something is wrong back in her land, when she felt that she should be there beside her brother and dad instead of staying back and studying here. But she can’t even step back. She was already accepted. Suddenly her mind went to Rahul
“I…I must ask Rahul. He will know. He told her that things haven’t settled and that is why he thought it would be unwise to go back,” she thought
She got up immediately this made both of them frown
“what’s wrong?” asked Gorge
“nothing…nothing. Madam Rosmerta I am going out for a walk. I won’t be back for quite some time, may I, if there is no problem?
Madam Rosmerta didn’t understand whether she was asking her or she was telling her. She just nodded and Sara left without another word.

As she went to the end of the street she turned and then apparated to Duff town hoping to see Rahul again. She entered the pub where she met him last time and sat down waiting and thinking he would come back here sometime. She waited and waited. He didn’t turn up. She went and asked the person at the counter about him and he said that he came the previous day but had no idea where he could be right now. Disappointed she walked out of the pub and walked through the length of the Duff Town street her eyes searching for her friend. It was around 10 in the night that she came back to The Three Broomsticks and had Madam Rosmerta question her all throughout her dinner. Sara quietly went to sleep and was resolved even more to find her friend the next day.
Sara got up the next day early and left the apartment leaving a note to Madam Rosmerta. Sara went to Duff town again and searched for her friend all over again. She started apparating and searching for her friend the way she used to do during the war days. She went to the places where she thought she could find Rahul. But she couldn’t. She tried all day long, all week long. She came back to Duff town one late evening and sat there and drank butterbeer hoping for Rahul to turn up but he didn’t. Sighing she got up paid for drink and left. When she came back in the night she had to face Rosmerta’s questions.
“I am sorry Madam Rosmerta I won’t do that again, I promise,” she said slowly and went to her room and bolted it.
She had given up. She was tired. She broke down like she had in her friend’s arms few weeks back. She wanted to know what was happening back in her country, she wanted to know why, why Rahul didn’t want to go back, she wanted a solid reason and not a beating around the bush answer. But she couldn’t get it, she couldn’t, she failed to find him. She took a hasty decision of joining the school and now she will never be able to find him again, never will she know when is it the time for her to leave and go back to her family, once she joins the school, never.
“oh lord…what have I done…” she cried and laid on her bed and exhaustion took over her and she instantly fell asleep.

Last edited by harita; 04-09-2010 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Some Changes Made