Thread: Days Like These
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 10:40 PM   #63 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Ginny put her hand on her friends' arm. "I'm sure we can give you a ride, Luna. My da probably brought a Ministry car again, since he has to tote so many people around. It wouldn't be a problem to take you home or at least to the Burrow where you can apparate safely." Both Luna and Ginny had passed their apparation tests when they turned 17, but the station was warded so foolish wizards and witches wouldn't appear and get run over by a train or spotted by a Muggle.

She glanced around and felt like stomping her foot in frustration. Her family wasn't there either. They were late. "Just wait with me, and whenever they show up, we can get a ride."

George emerged from the backroom with one eyebrow missing and a great stench hanging off of his clothes. Fred emerged two steps behind him with the opposite eyebrow missing and a big smoking hole in his robes. He took off up the stairs, and George paused as he heard the water run overhead. "Serves him right, the git," George muttered under his breath and scrubbed his hand through his hair.

He caught sight of Dobby, who was almost cringing from the odor. "Ah, Dobby," George smiled hugely at the little elf who was much beloved and much tortured at the hands of the twins. "That last batch was a total failure. Fred's leaving for a few days to pick us up some supplies and to do a little research and development. And, uh... do you happen to know any spells that can remove blue polkadots from things? Otherwise, we need to get some new stock and uh..." He lifted his robes a bit and showed his spotted blue calves. "I'm going to need some new legs. Or longer robes. Or perhaps more pairs of trousers."

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest