View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 01:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kenneth Mills #666F26
Hufflepuff
Third Year
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Being so knowledgeable when it came to flora, Rafael Melo had completely not foreseen himself working with animals of any kind. But when Gabriel had been taken by the Merpeople, he knew he needed to be closer to his family permanently. Which was how he ended up being one of Eyelops as an owl caretaker. Eyelops had been the first to offer him a job in London and he had taken it without second thought. A man’s gotta make money if he wants to be independent. Besides, Rafa enjoyed his job. A lot.

“We should get you back into your cage, shouldn’t we?”
Rafa was currently questioning a barn owl in Portuguese which was perched on his thickly gloved hand. “You’ve had quite a good time stretching your win- Isa??!” The man had caught sight of his sister and his face lit up like a thousand suns. Forgetting to return his feathered friend to the cage, Rafa closed the gap between him and Isabelle, his free arm opening for a hug. “Are you here stalking me?” Yep, still speaking in their mother tongue.
Isabella beamed as she finally saw her second-favorite brother, and he saw her too. "Rafa," she said, eyeing the owl on his arm. "Stalking you? I would never!" she protested, also in Portuguese, holding up her bags from the other stores as though in self-defense. "I was shopping."

Still keeping an eye on that barn owl, she shifted her bags into one hand and gestured at the store. "You know, this is not where I pictured you working," she said. In Portuguese, of course, so if his boss or whomever overheard, Rafa couldn't get in trouble. "I thought you would choose somewhere less... stinky." Not to mention owls could be dangerous if not handled correctly. Though Rafael seemed to know what he was doing. Maybe her little brother did belong here, after all.