View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 01:22 AM   #42 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Default .....forever and a day later
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

It was rather silly that they had not already established this running buddy thing above land. Better late than never, she supposed. His insistence on it being safer in the morning was an interesting point to make and elicited a small laugh from Joana. As someone who loved rock climbing and particularly the thrill of solo climbing, she found the thought of jogging down and along streets in the dark quite humorous. Plus, she was also perfectly capable of taking care of herself - no protection needed, Gabriel. Thankfully none of that was specifically mentioned, so he avoided a mild reproach. "Wednesday mornings it is then," she beamed and with a double thumbs up.

Hands settling back on to her mug, entirely too pleased with herself because, yes, she did know precisely what he was alluding to. "Congratulations. For real. I'm half surprised I didn't hear about this a week or even a day after we all got back from Atlantis." Again, she could not help but poke at him just a bit - her love language of sorts one could argue. "What date did you two love birds decide on?"
It really had fallen low on Gabriel's priority list to find a running buddy. He had a wedding to plan, after all. "Wednesdays, good," he said simply. He would do his best to be reliable, for Joana, despite not having the best track record in reliability. Well, it was better since he'd met Brody. Maybe adulthood made him more reliable.

"November ninth," he said, leaning back in his chair to stretch. Maybe if he stretched his arms, his face would relax and he could just take a drink of his beverage. "I...and then we...had to get things, um, organized, first," he said, shrugging off the delay. Really, he'd had to find a ring...and then Brody had had to find him a ring, and they'd had to tell their families, and pick a day. Plus, he hadn't wanted to do anything impulsive. Brody deserved better than impulsivity. "I hope you can come," he added. Obviously she and nearly everyone else he knew would be getting an invitation, but the sooner she knew not to make other plans, the better, in Gabriel's opinion.