View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 02:03 AM   #32 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Joana smiled wide and bounced a few times in her seat, already accepting his offer nonverbally. "I'd really like that." It would be a nice addition to her routine and help her keep that social gauge at the level it needed to be. She did tend to overexert herself and that often meant working in isolation to keep up with all the paperwork and essential tasks which then meant that her social battery never got to properly charge in the ways she needed it to. It was all a vicious cycle really. Unfair. Someone ought to make more hours in a day so she could fit more in. "Do mornings work? I like to get a jog in before starting my shift. Or I suppose night runs could work too. Those are really nice and a different kind of quiet. Would Wednedays work?"

Of course she was picking up what Gabriel was putting down, but she couldn't help but poke a little fun at him first. "Oh? I did not know you had added wedding planner to your resume," she said while nonchalantly taking a sip from her pleasantly lukewarm drink. Even if she had not already pieced together his actual meaning, the way his face was erupting with glee was a very obvious give. Fret not, proper gushing and celebratory gestures would follow soon enough.
A new running buddy! If Gabriel hadn't already been near-to-bursting with happiness, that would have given him a smile. As it was, he nodded eagerly. "Mornings are fine. My schedule varies sometimes..." Depending on whatever was his active investigation. "I can do most Wednesday mornings, though, I think." And it wasn't like he'd have any trouble getting ahold of Joana if his schedule didn't permit it one week. "It's safer in the morning," he said. Not that he couldn't protect them both if something came up but...why put his friend in unnecessary danger?

He could not, would not, did not believe that Joana didn't know what he meant. Rolling his eyes good-naturedly, he shrugged. "I'm not adding anything to my resume," he said. Though he supposed if he changed his name, that would need to be reflected eventually. "I asked Brody to marry me," he added, finally just telling it... like it was. Speaking plainly. Sharing the most wonderful, amazing, fantastic news he thought he'd ever have. He still couldn't believe it sometimes.