View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 10:47 PM   #53 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Mr. Sassypants hehe <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

He was fairly certain he felt a pair of pretty eyes attempting to burn a hold in the back of his head as he took a seat beside Claudine (though he almost would have rather stood but his track record with pairing up with older Slytherin ladies was not the best so he was trying his best to not drop pebbles into an otherwise still lake). It was less about his friends being paired off and more about an assessment of potions skills.

But. Anyway.

"Have I given it any thought to the question posed a minute or so ago before stressing over who to partner with?" he asked rather bluntly, feeling as though his response was probably telling enough on its own and not entirely meaning to come across as sarcastic as his tone may have implied. "Not really...besides what you just said. Though I pictured more death than paralysis." So cheerful, Atlas Flamsteed was. "Or the individual with lycanthropy kills you because the brew itself was messed up or they missed a day drinking it and their mind lost during their transformation." Another pause. "Also...I shouldn't be taking it period. Professor himself even said if you are not afflicted with lycanthropy then don't do it. So that would be my first mistake, putting something in my mouth I shouldn't."

Like a toddler.

Oh.

So that’s how Atlas wanted to play it? “Yes, that’s exactly what I meant.” Claudine did intend for her voice to come out cold and flat. Forget trying to be nice and patient but if this Gryffindor was going to get sassy with her, she would be having none of it. “Given that death was the most obvious thought and answer, I figured that going in a different direction would not be so bad.”

Without a further word for the moment, the seventh year made a few jottings though her ears continued to zone in on her difficult partner’s voice. “So many possibilities,’’ she muttered, absently tapping her quill against her chin. Cue more scribbling on her parchment after a minute. “Messing up the potion… that can mean adding the wrong ingredients, having the wrong measurements…”

SPOILER!!: Notes
Not-so-rewarding Possibilities of Taking Potion {whether it was brewed incorrectly or by consuming when one really should not have}:
  • Paralysis
  • Death

Possibilities of Disaster When Brewing Potion:
  • Adding the incorrect ingredients
  • Adding incorrect measurement of ingredients

Atlas had some excellent points but this Snakette wasn’t going to tell him that. “Aconite is even dangerous to the bare skin since it can be absorbed that way. Imagine forgetting your gloves while handling it.” Goodness. This really was a potion to be reckoned with. There was something she was about to add but Hernandez called for their attention at that moment.

Looking down at her notes, Claudine confirmed to herself that some of the points Hernandez had added to the board were what she had scribbled. Her eyes fixed on the professor again, she kept her expression blank but inside? Inside, she really pitied the werewolves. Not all of them were Fenrir Greyback. Her hand was quickly raised. “Um, the fluxweed needs to be picked on the full moon so if someone forgot to do just that then they’d have to wait an entire month again.” That in itself was a complexity.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺