View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
"Hold the door!" Gunnar called out just behind someone entering the lift as he advanced to enter it himself. He'd prefer not to wait for the next lift as it felt like he was always busy with some task or another while at the Ministry, though it felt more like grunt work right now. But he supposed that was because he was just starting out here, even though he was educated and not here straight out of Hogwarts like several in his department. He couldn't say he didn't enjoy his job though, and he was sure it was only a matter of time that he'd move up the ladder.

"Oh, hey, Kodee," he shot his friend a small smile upon realizing it was him who he was behind when he entered the lift, pleasantly surprised to share the ride with him. "Headed out for the day?" Not that he couldn't have business on a different level and he very well may have, but being privy to other information, his assumption was more likely.
It was weird, being both thrilled to see someone and yet, feeling a terrible dread in the pit of his stomach. That seemed the only thing that greeted him every time he ran into his friends anymore. They knew, he was sure they did. One way or another his friends were aware his life was in a near constant free fall he was having issues coming back from. By comparison, most of them had already begun getting their lives in order and knew what they were about. It made it...difficult to know where he fit in the grander scheme of things.

He managed a smile, it more being the sheer happiness of seeing his friend, something the apprehension could not completely remove.

"I...yeah. Already wrapped up for the day so heading back..." He didn't think he needed to say where. In his mind, Gunnar already knew and beyond that, Kodee didn't think he could bring himself to say it.

"What about you? Got anything exciting happening over at creatures today? New break outs--did they ever find those dragons? Wish I'd get assignments like that. Beats the hell out of paperwork any day of the week." As it turned out, his mood was not enough to prevent the rambling he tended to fall into. A good sign? He was still waiting to see.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote