Thread: Law Enforcement: Exercise Room
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Waddles

DMGS & DMLE
Re'em

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sophia Svensson #556B2F
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eulalia Walles (#F48037)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Hawthorne-Melo #47316F
Law Enforcement
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Feeling the burn deep inside his muscles, Jude did his best to focus on finding his inner peace, something he had never been able to do and would never most likely ever be able to ever, ever do. He did continue to try though as he stretched deeper and deeper into the lunge before eventually swapping and doing the same with the other. What was it people said, ‘You’re supposed to embrace the burn?’ Grade A rubbish in his opinion and yet, there he was, yawning through it or at least until someone entered the gym.

Watching the guy set up the boxing equipment, he’d almost forgotten he was in the middle of a lunge, that was until the guy looked over at him and called out his yawn. “Long week,” Jude replied simply because it had been. This job was his first proper job since leaving Hogwarts, because he simply didn’t include working at his parents’ pub back home in New York, and it had left him drained of energy and motivation to anything except sit on the sofa and stuff his face with anything remotely cheesy. “I made it to the gym though so you know, I deserve a medal or something,” he continued, laughing a little now as he looked down and realised that he was still lunging.

Quickly realising that he had in fact locked his muscles, the long, dark haired teen snorted a little and awkwardly stood up straight, grunting in the process as his muscles moved and ached from lack of movement. “I honestly don’t know how people do this all the time. Work and gym. Gym and work. Like, how do they do other things? I go once a week and its murder.” There was Cian, running around doing parkour and all that rubbish, still working at that muggle café and studying. He made it look so easy. Little nerd.
Gabriel upgraded his half-smile to a full grin. "That's a pretty low threshold for earning a medal," he said, giving the punching bag a few test punches. "You know, the more you exercise, the easier it gets." Like if you exercised six days a week, it became second nature. "Supposedly exercise actually increases your energy, too. I don't remember why... endorphins? Better sleep quality?" The why wasn't super important to him. Being prepared to chase down a bad guy, or someone who'd dropped something, was really why he ran every day.

And the boxing... the boxing was just fun.

"You're..." Gabriel punched the bag a bit more aggressively, hoping it would jog his memory of the younger man's name. It didn't. "I don't think we've officially met. I'm Gabriel," he said, between punches. Was this kid still doing his stretching? Or did he call it yoga? Maybe that's why he was tired.