sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 264 users online including...
hermionesclone , lorenepp2 , Floydtek

6 members
258 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Ministry of Magic > Upper Levels > Level Two


Level Two Department of Magical Law Enforcement

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-02-2021, 09:28 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Exercise Room


EXERCISE ROOM
Many Law Enforcement employees, particularly those who perform a large portion of their work out in the field, are expected to be in decent shape for all the necessary physical activity that comes with finding and apprehending suspects. You might be surprised how much running is actually involved. The exercise room is kitted out with all kinds of fitness machines, weights, boxing equipment, even some yoga mats. A punching bag hangs in one corner, and there's an impossible-to-miss watercooler at the edge of the room, enchanted to stay cool and fresh and refill itself when necessary, though the water is manually freshened up at least once a day. If you need a towel, there's plenty on the shelves, just throw them in the hamper when you're done.

Magically-powered weight machines, treadmills, exercise bikes, stair climbers, this room has all you could possibly need for your workouts. Any Magical Law Enforcement employee is free to utilise this room, even if they're stuck solely behind a desk here at work. Ministry officials from other departments can come check the place out too, but Law Enforcement employees get priority on the machines. Level Two perks. Whoever comes to work out here, just be sure you're not avoiding some kind of urgent task in the meantime, okay?

Spar with a partner or take some time to blow off some steam before you go face off with a suspect, or a particularly irritating member of the public. Just don't overdo it.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,311

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default Open to anyone!

Decked out in his sportswear, Jude couldn’t help but grimace slightly as he walked into the exercise room. It had been an age since he’d last set foot in one and boy did it show. Well, it didn’t but it did. Mentally. He simply knew he couldn’t not work out with the number of sweet treats he’d been having as of late but the fact was working long hours and then coming home tired was simply counterintuitive. They did not go together and he himself was by no means motivated enough to push through the tiredness. The sofa called and he answered.

Today though, he’d brought his gear into work with him and having finished the day early, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to go once and never come back, just like everyone else. Bag on his back, Jude headed over to the water cooler to fill up his water bottle and then set his bag down on one of the workout mats. He was ready to exercise. He was ready. He was there. He was…yawning.

Stifling a yawn and sighing a little too loudly, the pulled the bobble from around his wrist and put his hair up in a neat bun before he eventually stepped forward into a deep lunge. He may not know much about exercising but he knew the importance of stretching first.
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 12:29 AM   #3 (permalink)


DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,808

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mia Paszek
Graduated

Student Character:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Fourth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Decked out in his sportswear, Jude couldn’t help but grimace slightly as he walked into the exercise room. It had been an age since he’d last set foot in one and boy did it show. Well, it didn’t but it did. Mentally. He simply knew he couldn’t not work out with the number of sweet treats he’d been having as of late but the fact was working long hours and then coming home tired was simply counterintuitive. They did not go together and he himself was by no means motivated enough to push through the tiredness. The sofa called and he answered.

Today though, he’d brought his gear into work with him and having finished the day early, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to go once and never come back, just like everyone else. Bag on his back, Jude headed over to the water cooler to fill up his water bottle and then set his bag down on one of the workout mats. He was ready to exercise. He was ready. He was there. He was…yawning.

Stifling a yawn and sighing a little too loudly, the pulled the bobble from around his wrist and put his hair up in a neat bun before he eventually stepped forward into a deep lunge. He may not know much about exercising but he knew the importance of stretching first.
It was take a break and exercise day for Gabriel, which meant he'd finished everything urgent but he'd be staying late to finish up his YATI coursework. He was counting down the months until he'd be a real Auror, but truth be told, he was beginning to realize it wouldn't be all that glorious. Some fun things like chasing down bad guys, investigating mishaps, but probably mostly paperwork. And paperwork was...boring.

Exercise was fun, though.

He stepped into the exercise room and immediately took a step back. Entering the room a second time, he saw that, yes, there was a young man doing yoga. He wasn't sure he'd ever seen someone do yoga in here before. He tried not to make eye contact with the fellow as he puttered around the room, getting some boxing things set up to have a go at a punching bag. Aaaand of course his usual boxing position put the other guy right in his line of sight. Of course.

Did he yawn? Gabriel pulled on his boxing gloves and raised an eyebrow. Seemed a bit early in the day to be tired. "Long day?" he asked with a half-smile, deciding it would be more awkward to not acknowledge the fellow. Since he was going to end up looking at him while he punched the bag.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 11:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,311

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
It was take a break and exercise day for Gabriel, which meant he'd finished everything urgent but he'd be staying late to finish up his YATI coursework. He was counting down the months until he'd be a real Auror, but truth be told, he was beginning to realize it wouldn't be all that glorious. Some fun things like chasing down bad guys, investigating mishaps, but probably mostly paperwork. And paperwork was...boring.

Exercise was fun, though.

He stepped into the exercise room and immediately took a step back. Entering the room a second time, he saw that, yes, there was a young man doing yoga. He wasn't sure he'd ever seen someone do yoga in here before. He tried not to make eye contact with the fellow as he puttered around the room, getting some boxing things set up to have a go at a punching bag. Aaaand of course his usual boxing position put the other guy right in his line of sight. Of course.

Did he yawn? Gabriel pulled on his boxing gloves and raised an eyebrow. Seemed a bit early in the day to be tired. "Long day?" he asked with a half-smile, deciding it would be more awkward to not acknowledge the fellow. Since he was going to end up looking at him while he punched the bag.
Feeling the burn deep inside his muscles, Jude did his best to focus on finding his inner peace, something he had never been able to do and would never most likely ever be able to ever, ever do. He did continue to try though as he stretched deeper and deeper into the lunge before eventually swapping and doing the same with the other. What was it people said, ‘You’re supposed to embrace the burn?’ Grade A rubbish in his opinion and yet, there he was, yawning through it or at least until someone entered the gym.

Watching the guy set up the boxing equipment, he’d almost forgotten he was in the middle of a lunge, that was until the guy looked over at him and called out his yawn. “Long week,” Jude replied simply because it had been. This job was his first proper job since leaving Hogwarts, because he simply didn’t include working at his parents’ pub back home in New York, and it had left him drained of energy and motivation to anything except sit on the sofa and stuff his face with anything remotely cheesy. “I made it to the gym though so you know, I deserve a medal or something,” he continued, laughing a little now as he looked down and realised that he was still lunging.

Quickly realising that he had in fact locked his muscles, the long, dark haired teen snorted a little and awkwardly stood up straight, grunting in the process as his muscles moved and ached from lack of movement. “I honestly don’t know how people do this all the time. Work and gym. Gym and work. Like, how do they do other things? I go once a week and its murder.” There was Cian, running around doing parkour and all that rubbish, still working at that muggle café and studying. He made it look so easy. Little nerd.
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 04:30 PM   #5 (permalink)


DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,808

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mia Paszek
Graduated

Student Character:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Fourth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
Feeling the burn deep inside his muscles, Jude did his best to focus on finding his inner peace, something he had never been able to do and would never most likely ever be able to ever, ever do. He did continue to try though as he stretched deeper and deeper into the lunge before eventually swapping and doing the same with the other. What was it people said, ‘You’re supposed to embrace the burn?’ Grade A rubbish in his opinion and yet, there he was, yawning through it or at least until someone entered the gym.

Watching the guy set up the boxing equipment, he’d almost forgotten he was in the middle of a lunge, that was until the guy looked over at him and called out his yawn. “Long week,” Jude replied simply because it had been. This job was his first proper job since leaving Hogwarts, because he simply didn’t include working at his parents’ pub back home in New York, and it had left him drained of energy and motivation to anything except sit on the sofa and stuff his face with anything remotely cheesy. “I made it to the gym though so you know, I deserve a medal or something,” he continued, laughing a little now as he looked down and realised that he was still lunging.

Quickly realising that he had in fact locked his muscles, the long, dark haired teen snorted a little and awkwardly stood up straight, grunting in the process as his muscles moved and ached from lack of movement. “I honestly don’t know how people do this all the time. Work and gym. Gym and work. Like, how do they do other things? I go once a week and its murder.” There was Cian, running around doing parkour and all that rubbish, still working at that muggle café and studying. He made it look so easy. Little nerd.
Gabriel upgraded his half-smile to a full grin. "That's a pretty low threshold for earning a medal," he said, giving the punching bag a few test punches. "You know, the more you exercise, the easier it gets." Like if you exercised six days a week, it became second nature. "Supposedly exercise actually increases your energy, too. I don't remember why... endorphins? Better sleep quality?" The why wasn't super important to him. Being prepared to chase down a bad guy, or someone who'd dropped something, was really why he ran every day.

And the boxing... the boxing was just fun.

"You're..." Gabriel punched the bag a bit more aggressively, hoping it would jog his memory of the younger man's name. It didn't. "I don't think we've officially met. I'm Gabriel," he said, between punches. Was this kid still doing his stretching? Or did he call it yoga? Maybe that's why he was tired.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:28 PM   #6 (permalink)


DMLE & DMAC
Mooncalf
 
Wood'sLittleFlower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pawnee
Posts: 7,915

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Matty Rider-Mae
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dieter Kareless
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Coulson Bradshaw
Law Enforcement
Default Penelope <3
Ern's Walmart Greeter

It had been a particularly grueling afternoon of keeping the peace. Idiots left and right making complaints about trivial things, getting riled up over nothing, and throwing fists and spells left and right. In all honesty, it reminded him of his twenties, but he had little patience for it now. Perhaps the heat of the afternoon had added to his impatience and lack of empathy. His temper had almost gotten the best of him today and there was really only one remedy that could sort him out at the moment.

Sweat droplets sliding off of him as the air conditioning pushed them away, Coulson dropped his gear in the corner of the room. It didn't take long for him to slip down to his undershirt and transfigure his work pants into something more comfortable for the routine ahead of him. A few deep breaths later, a hand moving through his slicked back hair, and he was moving toward the bench.

Nothing a few reps and calculated punches couldn't fix.
__________________
back on your feet again, lift your head, hold it_h i g h______________________________________________

_____________you wanna run it back but you can't turn the time, you start to feel like you're losing your shine
__________________________________but the grass ain't always greener on the_o t h e r_ s i d e
Wood'sLittleFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

MLE & DERP

Puffskein
 
aRogueOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 1,311

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ingrid Starling "Birdie" Luck
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Forrest John Roberts III
Environmental Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Gabriel upgraded his half-smile to a full grin. "That's a pretty low threshold for earning a medal," he said, giving the punching bag a few test punches. "You know, the more you exercise, the easier it gets." Like if you exercised six days a week, it became second nature. "Supposedly exercise actually increases your energy, too. I don't remember why... endorphins? Better sleep quality?" The why wasn't super important to him. Being prepared to chase down a bad guy, or someone who'd dropped something, was really why he ran every day.

And the boxing... the boxing was just fun.

"You're..." Gabriel punched the bag a bit more aggressively, hoping it would jog his memory of the younger man's name. It didn't. "I don't think we've officially met. I'm Gabriel," he said, between punches. Was this kid still doing his stretching? Or did he call it yoga? Maybe that's why he was tired.
Grinning back at the guy, Jude simply shrugged and laughed a little before replying, “Hey, sometimes rolling out of bed is a hard thing for you to do. Little steps my friend. Little steps.” For someone who hadn’t really had a job in forever and didn’t really like working out, this was a big deal. “Really? Because if it gets easier, are you really challenging yourself? The more you improve, the more you should do to keep trying to improve.” How he had the right to even talk about improving in the gym when he despised the place was beyond him but it was all fun and games. “Well it just makes me want to sleep for longer and it makes my legs feel like led weights. I don’t really know much about endorphins though. Sounds like a new dolphin species.”

“I don’t think we have bro. I’m Jude. Jude MacAfee. Assistant to the big boss. Only started a month or two ago. S’up Gabe.” Finally coming out of his stretches yoga pose, Jude covered his mouth as he yawned again and looked at the various equipment on offer in the room. It was too much honestly. So much in fact he almost wanted to walk around the room and eyeball of it and figure out how it all worked. What magic had been cast on some of it and the mechanisms for making them work. Almost. But he was here to exercise so that is what he did.

Walking over to one of the long, metal bars, Jude slowly began to drag some weights over to it and methodically placed them on both sides of the bar before eventually coming to a standstill in the middle of it. Taking a deep breath, Jude leant forward ever so slightly with his legs shoulder width apart and grabbed the bar the same distance apart and lifted followed by many minutes of grunting and the loud thuds of the weights hitting the padded floor over and over.
__________________
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 11:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

St Mungos Mod
Potterdom Mod


DMLE & MO
Aethonan
 
AlwaysSnapesGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Narnia
Posts: 18,748

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rosalie Applewood
Graduated

Student Character:
Ivy Grimm
Fifth Year
Ravenclaw

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Grimm
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Mae Amstern
Minister's Office

x7 x1
Default
Baguette | there is no D in my name | TRAITORclaw | Queenie of Narnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood'sLittleFlower View Post
It had been a particularly grueling afternoon of keeping the peace. Idiots left and right making complaints about trivial things, getting riled up over nothing, and throwing fists and spells left and right. In all honesty, it reminded him of his twenties, but he had little patience for it now. Perhaps the heat of the afternoon had added to his impatience and lack of empathy. His temper had almost gotten the best of him today and there was really only one remedy that could sort him out at the moment.

Sweat droplets sliding off of him as the air conditioning pushed them away, Coulson dropped his gear in the corner of the room. It didn't take long for him to slip down to his undershirt and transfigure his work pants into something more comfortable for the routine ahead of him. A few deep breaths later, a hand moving through his slicked back hair, and he was moving toward the bench.

Nothing a few reps and calculated punches couldn't fix.
Busy, busy, busy.

Penelope preferred to keep a busy schedule, of course, and in her twenty years - Merlin's beard, twenty years? - of working in the MLE department, it wasn't hard to stay busy. Never a dull moment. But it was a new kinda busy these days, especially this year. And that fire in her belly had only grown in the months since she'd been cleared for work after her...disappearance and return. That whole situation was always in the back of her mind, even as she worked on other cases.

But a swamped schedule didn't mean she could skip out on her workout time. Though really, it was factored into it. It was an important part of her routine, and it was also relaxing too. Two birds, one stone.

And it seemed she wasn't alone.

"Coulson Bradshaw." Penelope offered a smile to him as she claimed one of the exercise bikes. It seemed like forever since she had last talked to her old friend. She'd seen him around the Ministry - hard not to when they worked in the same department now - but there wasn't always time for a chat. He had a busy schedule too, she was sure. But she was glad their schedules had finally aligned. "Rough day?"
__________________
if we fall, we will fall together; and when we rise, we will rise together__________________

together we are dangerous; together with our differences; together we are bolder, braver, stronger
AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 10:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League


DMLE & DMT
Mountain Troll
 
DuckyLinJi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The couch
Posts: 23,844

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Daniel Yoon
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kevin Hirase
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Daichi Katharos
Transportation

Diagon Alley Employee:
Lelia Fernsby
Slug & Jiggers Apothecary

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kelton Raeburn
Scribbulus Writing Implements
x1 x2
Default
A path is not simply for walking, its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself.

Kevin had been back at work for the past couple of months after a pretty long break at ST.Mungo's. His Healer had advised him to spend at least 20 minutes every day doing some low impact exercises to get his strength back.

He wore a black tank top paired with black shorts as slowly climbed up the stair climber. Using the towel around his shoulders to brush away the sweat on his forehead, Kevin pushed the towel up a bit to hide the two puncture wounds on his neck. He had gone to several different Healers in the country to get rid of them but he had been told time and time again that they were permanent.

He pressed on the level difficulty button to put it higher and continued to climb.
__________________
DuckyLinJi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:33 AM   #10 (permalink)


DMGS & DMLE
Aethonan
 
Waddles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 18,808

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mia Paszek
Graduated

Student Character:
Margaret (Mamie) Turov
Fourth Year
Hufflepuff

Ministry RPG Name:
Peggy Laplace
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel Melo
Law Enforcement
Default
Constant Vigilance! O_O AWAKE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
Kevin had been back at work for the past couple of months after a pretty long break at ST.Mungo's. His Healer had advised him to spend at least 20 minutes every day doing some low impact exercises to get his strength back.

He wore a black tank top paired with black shorts as slowly climbed up the stair climber. Using the towel around his shoulders to brush away the sweat on his forehead, Kevin pushed the towel up a bit to hide the two puncture wounds on his neck. He had gone to several different Healers in the country to get rid of them but he had been told time and time again that they were permanent.

He pressed on the level difficulty button to put it higher and continued to climb.
Gabriel had a date. With the level two punching bag. He didn't get to pretend box as frequently as he did before, before YATI training had gotten quite so intense, but he liked to make time for it occasionally. He wanted to be sure that, down a wand, he could still take a criminal in a duel, if needed.

It was like learning to swim to prevent drowning.

He took note of another guy in the exercise room as he entered, smiling and nodding politely to the older fellow as he got himself situated in front of the punching bag. Punch...punch... He wondered if the guy on the stairs ever did boxing. Or why he'd choose stairs over something that Gabriel found much more exciting. He glanced over, weighing whether it would be rude to ask, and decided, yes, it would be.

"I'm Gabriel," he said instead, steadying the bag so it wouldn't swing back and hit him.
__________________
Waddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Break Room | - »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:30 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212