Thread: Atrium: Golden Gates
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2021, 10:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Rani and Damian
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
It was when he greeted Chloe that he noticed another department head lurking nearby. Just what was Singh-Phora doing? "Conley, if you've come to help, I'm sure Airey wouldn't mind assistance with his curse-breaking artefacts, unless your expertise lies elsewhere. Otherwise, I'm certain you have more important things to do." In other words - as Raini was meaning to say it politely - help or leave. It was a good thing that he was unaware of the other man's thoughts as he'd think it quite unbecoming of a department head to treat this matter as free entertainment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios Sunrider View Post
Standing along the wall next to Conley, he dug into his bag of potato crisps, crunching loudly on a few. "Crisp?" Damian spoke after barely finishing chewing, tilting the bag in the other man's direction. "They call them chips in America. Isn't that weird?"

Conley couldn’t help but think that if Airey wanted the help, he would have asked. Nor was he, unlike some others, surprised when someone else joined him in watching. It was human nature after all, to be curious and to want to watch. Muggles watched construction crews and delimitation crews all the time. People stopped to watch accidents (and their clean ups). It was human nature to be curious – and that human nature include wizards and witches did it not? Still, he should probably help out or move on. He was still trying to decide what to do when he was joined by someone. ”Ahh…Monsieur Pendragon.” The greeting was accompanied by a smile and Conley accepting the offering of the crip. ”America has some very weird things. Biscuits are one. They aren’t sweet and they often cover them in gravy.” He ate the chip, chewing quietly.
Text Cut: Jessica and Airey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
She looked back at Raini. "What do you make of that?" she asked, her eyebrows raised. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her department head and shot him a nod of her head. Jessica wondered why the man wasn't offering his help, seeing as she thought he was quite the accomplished wizard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
"Pendragon, I trust the grease from those will not inhibit your ability to hold a wand to test your theory. Otherwise, take your snack break to the appropriate setting of the food court or a break room." Not in the middle of Neo Alliance clean-up.

Eyes back on his artefacts, the department head unwrapped a broach that may prove of some use. "If I can pin this to the material somewhere, it may produce a certain kind of lethargic effect on the tapestry to render it more docile," he explained to Raini with a healthy dose of skepticism. And if Pendragon was going to cast...that may prove the perfect distraction.

Conley raised his teacup in salute to Ms. Tomás in a return greeting. Then he took a long drink, finishing off his tea. A moment later he tapped his cup with his wand and sent it up to his desk in his office. ”Duty calls Monsieur Pendragon. I suggest you either help or skedaddle as well.” Then waving his wand in front of himself to toss up a protection spell (they were dealing with unknown and likely dark magic after all) he wandered forward.

He was tucking his wand behind his ear as he stepped up besides Airey. ”So,” he said eying up the tapestry. ”What can I do to help?” He might have a background in Dark Magic Artifacts, but it has been over 20 years since he’d really had to use those skills. Still he knew enough to remember Rule Number 1: be careful what you touch.