View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 06:15 PM   #102 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
After his shift, he would go to Goldwasser's office. Already the label of 'muggleborn' made him uncomfortable. Not because there was anything wrong with being muggleborn, but rather, Tomasz was still unsure of how the Ministry had found this information. He had never filled out any paperwork or reported his bloodstatus anywhere. Even Tomasz did not know this about himself. There had to have been a mistake.

But that was simply discomfort. The real anger came from another place. The discriminatory coffee policy. It was stupid. He did not understand. It wasn't this way before, Tomasz had gotten coffee here before. And maybe Mr. Goldwasser was not so much the right person to go to with complaints, but Tomasz did not feel so comfortable approaching the Minister for Magic. He was still just a security officer, after all.... And once again, he was working himself up.

So when a woman approached him with two cups of coffee in her hands, Tomasz was very close to lashing out. Fortunately, however, he did not do so before she spoke.

He stared at her incredulously, quirking his head to the side, before taking the cup from her. "Yyy... Thank you," he paused, feeling embarrassed now. This meant she had heard him, no? "You did not have to." With his free hand, he reached for his wallet.
To be honest, she had expected a liiiiiittle more gratitude, at least in his expression. He did say thank you, though, so... whatever. She released her hold on the cup as he took it and cleared her throat before taking a sip of her coffee. "It's quite alright. I just figured, if you're anything like me, you'll need a cuppa to keep you sane. And we wouldn't want our law enforcement personnel to go crazy, would we?" She was too busy worrying about a first impression to realize he was reaching for his wallet.

"Err - not that you're.. crazy. I just mean - in general." She hadn't called him crazy, but he had just had a fit over a cup of coffee (which, by the way, she thought was justified), so he didn't want him to THINK that she was calling him crazy.

Smooth.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise