Thread: Golden Gates
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 12:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Default FelixirOfLife... had to go w/Fletcher b/c Davie doesn't talk to strangers :3
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Kaiser was not exactly at the Golden Gates, rather just somewhere near them. With all the comings and goings of guests, and the fact that it was used as a meeting point for employees, it was the best place for people-watching, which was an activity he still divulged in from time to time. Not a habit easily dropped, and something he often defaulted to during his lunch hour.

Also not something easily dropped? Feeling like he was being... criticised or judged for being up to no good, even when he knew he wasn't actually ~up to~ anything. Something about security gates, that was what did it, he was sure. Even though he was very good friends with one of the security personnel, it didn't make a blind bit of difference.

So, every now and then while Kaiser stood leaning up against the wall, some distance from the gates, hands in pockets (his go-to 'not doing anything' pose), he would be seized by sudden doubt. Should he move along? Go look definitely-not-shifty someplace else? This was one of those moments. Kaiser pushed away from the wall, looked from the gates to the vastness of the Atrium proper, and... dithered.
Fletcher was passing through the atrium, having opted to grab his own sandwich today from some cart outside the Ministry. He had too many things to do and was too hungry to bother hunting down Alphonsine or worse, Kodee, to get him some food. Sandwich in one hand, a stack of memos in the other, he was squinting and reading (having refused to purchase readers up to this point) as he passed by a certain.... lurking youth.

"Kaiser!" he boomed as he doubled back to the Scribe's side, gesturing with his sandwich to the boy. "Look, it's you!"

Har har, a classic dad joke if there ever was one. Fletcher grinned proudly and held out the memos to Kaiser. "Could you hold these for a sec? You're not on break, are you? I won't take away your lunchtime lurking if you are." But if he wasn't on break, then Fletcher was certainly going to borrow him for a bit. He seldom could steal away the lad from Charles so this was what one might call a golden opportunity.... at the golden gates.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind